Author Topic: Nitori Quest - For Science, We March!  (Read 116498 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Nitori Quest - For Science, We March!
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
>That probably warrants an apology or explanation. Uhoh.
>Would the camo normally work on a non-living or non-sentient object/being as well? If so, try it on a rock/tree and see if the response is any different. Follow the fairy to explain! Is there any real way to calm down Reimu after something like that, or would she understand the sacrifices that must be made by stupid immortals in the name of SCIENCE!?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »
>Quests.
>Inventory.
>If you see Reimu, run the hell away.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
> Don't do this.  Its a proven fact that running away agitates the Hakurei shrine maiden.
> If we see her, explain the situation.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »
>That probably warrants an apology or explanation. Uhoh.
>Would the camo normally work on a non-living or non-sentient object/being as well? If so, try it on a rock/tree and see if the response is any different. Follow the fairy to explain! Is there any real way to calm down Reimu after something like that, or would she understand the sacrifices that must be made by stupid immortals in the name of SCIENCE!?
> The camo only works on humanoid objects, unfortunately. It's a person or bust.
> You start flying off in Daiyousei's direction, and after a few minutes you can pick up a conversation...
"Really, it was so scary! She tricked my friend and made her disappear, and then she tried to bite my head off!"
"Huh. I never did trust that kappa girl anyway...she always seemed that little bit too friendly."
They're about a hundred feet away from here. Run, or stay?

>Quests.
>Inventory.
>Quests:
- Change The World (Incomplete)
You're sure you're onto something with this invention...you just aren't sure WHAT yet.

- Fission Mailed v.2 (Incomplete?)
It's not Optic Camo anymore, but your belt is doing something else for sure.

- The Strongest Needle In The Haystack (Incomplete)
Cirno has been missing since your little experiment, and Reimu probably won't be too pleased with you until you figure out what happened and fix it.

Inventory:
- Bits and Bobs: Your upgrading equipment.
- Exteending Aarm: Your greatest work. Any rumours that you hug it at night are totally unfounded.
- Optic Camoflague (Broken?): It's new. It's unheard of. It's...what exactly is this thing doing?

>Reimu is approaching! You poke your head out to try and talk to her, and immediately a homing amulet flies towards your face!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »
> FFFFFFFFF-
> FACE THE MUSIC!  ITS THE ONLY THING KEEPING US FROM A VERY PAINFUL DEATH.
> Attempt to get Reimu to stop throwing amulets at you and explain the situation.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2010, 08:30:12 PM »
> FFFFFFFFF-
> FACE THE MUSIC!  ITS THE ONLY THING KEEPING US FROM A VERY PAINFUL DEATH.
> Attempt to get Reimu to stop throwing amulets at you and explain the situation.
>You start shouting at Reimu in the midst of her attempts to kill you. Understandably you paraphrase the situation as succinctly as possible given the circumstances, but you'd like to think you just about got the point across.
Not that Reimu cares.
"You aren't paying any attention, are you? I've beaten the crap outta youkai for doing things a lot less dangerous than accidentally making a fairy disappear. If you want me to stop, then clean up your own damn mess for a change rather than expecting ME to do it!"
The barrage grows more intense...unless you have some sort of secret weapon primed, this is probably your cue to make like a good kappa and run from the presence of humans.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
> "I WAS PLANNING TO DO THAT, I JUST HAD TO MAKE SURE YOU DIDN'T KILL ME FIRST!"
> Run if the barrage keeps up.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2010, 08:39:19 PM »
> "I WAS PLANNING TO DO THAT, I JUST HAD TO MAKE SURE YOU DIDN'T KILL ME FIRST!"
> Run if the barrage keeps up.
>"WELL YOU HAVEN'T FIXED IT YET, HAVE YOU?!"
> You decide that discretion is the better part of va-oh who are you kidding, you run because you don't want to die. By the time you lose Reimu you're back at the Mountain of Youkai. Is this enough of an emergency to call on Momiji for help, or can you deal with this yourself?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2010, 08:42:48 PM »
>Prepare an /Assault Mode in case things get bad.
>Ehh, Momiji will probably be beaten to a pulp.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »
> Probably for the best to leave her out of it.  Nearly every being in Gensokyo has had their ass to them handed by Reimu anyway.
> Back to the workshop!  We have a belt to examine!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »
>Prepare an /Assault Mode in case things get bad.
>Ehh, Momiji will probably be beaten to a pulp.
>You're not sure what you have in terms of an assault mode. Maybe if you finally get around to those rocket arms...if you tweak the Extending Arm, you might be able to pull something off here.
> Probably for the best to leave her out of it.  Nearly every being in Gensokyo has had their ass handed them to Reimu anyway.
> Back to the workshop!  We have a belt to examine!
> You charge back into the Shack, again. Now you have a vague idea of what this thing does, your analysis bears a little more fruit...it looks like the Optic Camo has been transformed into some sort of teleportation device. Where does it go? You have no idea, but you figure out a way to tweak it so you can take it with you post-teleportation.
> There's a knocking on the door. "C'mon! You thought I wasn't gonna look in here?!" Reimu sounds pissed...but that's nothing new. Wha do?

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
>"If you would just leave me alone, I can get around to fixing Cirno's disappearance."
>Figure out a way to use the Optic Camo to teleport out of here.
>Consider Hannibal Lecturing Reimu Nah, you're no good at those.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2010, 08:54:24 PM »
>Would having or making a back door/alternative exit to the shack be a better option than succumbing to SCIENCE?
>Put the belt on for now, in case it'd be good to make a hasty exit.
>"Well, I'm pretty sure she was only teleported somewhere, rather than hurt. I can try and find her and save you the trouble, but that would be a lot more difficult if I were filled with needles."
>Just how painful is getting beat up by Reimu? Taking our lumps might be a fair price to pay if Dai's going to be that insistent about it.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »
>"If you would just leave me alone, I can get around to fixing Cirno's disappearance."
>Figure out a way to use the Optic Camo to teleport out of here.
>Consider Hannibal Lecturing Reimu Nah, you're no good at those.
>"Peaceful solutions?! Did you forget who you're dealing with?!"
>It should be easy enough to use the Camo to escape. The only problem is you don't have any control over your location...it could theoretically be anywhere. Maybe even any TIME.
>It doesn't help she's more or less immune to all forms of morality.

>Would having or making a back door/alternative exit to the shack be a better option than succumbing to SCIENCE?
>Put the belt on for now, in case it'd be good to make a hasty exit.
>"Well, I'm pretty sure she was only teleported somewhere, rather than hurt. I can try and find her and save you the trouble, but that would be a lot more difficult if I were filled with needles."
>Just how painful is getting beat up by Reimu? Taking our lumps might be a fair price to pay if Dai's going to be that insistent about it.
>You never thought of that, actually. Something to keep in mind when you're not being threatened.
>You wear the belt. One button press and it'll take you...somewhere.
>"Hey, you're a youkai, and you're causing trouble. Unless you solve the problem before I get my chance, it's my job to put you in your place."
>Studies have shown that a beating from Reimu Hakurei rates at least a 7.5 on the Kawashiro Pain-O-Meter, with higher levels occuring depending on how angry the miko is at the time. And she doesn't look happy now, so you might want to do something if you want to maintain control of all your limbs.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2010, 09:05:19 PM »
>Quickly retrieve arms from backpack collect and salvage any gadgets and blueprints Reimu might be tempted to lay waste to if she got in here without being able to beat you up. If spiteful property destruction isn't her style, then don't bother.
>Methods to quickly and quietly 'make'/force a back exit to the shack without alerting Reimu! What's it made out of and what do we have for demolitions?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »
> Consider creating a second teleportation belt to give Cirno so she can make her way back.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2010, 09:20:18 PM »
>Quickly retrieve arms from backpack collect and salvage any gadgets and blueprints Reimu might be tempted to lay waste to if she got in here without being able to beat you up. If spiteful property destruction isn't her style, then don't bother.
>Methods to quickly and quietly 'make'/force a back exit to the shack without alerting Reimu! What's it made out of and what do we have for demolitions?
>You only have one arm in your backpack. Reimu won't trash the place unless she needs to, though.
>The shack is made of wood, but all you have around that survived the last experiment are the blueprints and your current inventory! Wha do?!

> Consider creating a second teleportation belt to give Cirno so she can make her way back.
> If you couldn't make an optic camo belt you probably can't make a second teleportation belt, but from what you can tell holding hands should be enough to bring you both back together.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
> Only one option then.  Time to teleport.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »
> Only one option then.  Time to teleport.
>You take a moment to grieve that you had the perfect opening to FINALLY make those Rocket Arms, but bygones are bygones. You reach down to the remote, and nervously press the switch.

The belt shines, then flashes. You can even hear Reimu grunt as it blinds her through the holes in the wall.

Then, in an instant, you're gone.

You're standing up, but the flash has still dazed you a little. There's a voice ringing in your ears.
"...lo? Are you alright?"

You've never heard this voice before. It sounds comforting, but...a little unnerving. There's a holier-than-thou edge to it.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »
> Blink to clear your vision.
> "What?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2010, 09:44:49 PM »
> Blink to clear your vision.
> "What?"
> Your eyes just about clear up, and you can see straight enough now. You've emerged in some sort of field, and you must have been standing here for a while before someone found you. The woman talking to you looks religious, but she isn't a shrine maiden...some other religion, it seems.
"You haven't been...cursed, have you? Oh, our town is facing dark days, child. Fear not, for none here shall laugh at your accusations, and she who has scorned you will face God's wrath by our hand!"
She is old and ragged, but her eyes burn with righteous indignation.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2010, 09:56:16 PM »
>Wonder if it would be a good idea to teleport again.
>"Um... I think I'm alright, I'm just lost..."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »
>Wonder if it would be a good idea to teleport again.
>"Um... I think I'm alright, I'm just lost..."
>The woman promptly grabs you by the arm.
"Oh, you can't leave! It's unsafe outside! Why, only this morning they found a witch disguised as a child. Her guard was down, then, and they found her with her demonic wings hanging out of her back! She was even screaming about how she was the mightiest as she was hauled away to a jail cell. She's to be trialled this evening, but the case is hardly one worth considering. Please, child, I beg of you. Stay here in Salem until this wave of abhorrence recedes, for your own good..."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
> "Wings?"
> Facepalm.
> "Was she talking about being the strongest?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »
> "Wings?"
> Facepalm.
> "Was she talking about being the strongest?"
> "Yes, frightening things, they were. Made of pure ice, like from the ninth circle! I had to cross myself after I saw them.
Strongest? Mightiest? Are they not the same? And...don't tell me you know of this demon!?"
She seems taken aback by this latest development.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2010, 10:10:31 PM »
>Uhoh.
>"I... think I may have seen her before, once... but it was not in my power to stop." Fairies respawn, after all.
>Note to self: Do not sleep, lest the belt be stolen.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2010, 10:13:16 PM »
> Attempt to escape when the lady isn't looking.  We gotta get to Cirno even if she DOES respawn.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2010, 10:14:37 PM »
> Attempt to escape when the lady isn't looking.  We gotta get to Cirno even if she DOES respawn.

>That, or find a way into tricking them into allowing you physical contact with Cirno during the 'trial.' At which point the both of you vanish off to... wherever else the belt would send you.
>... do we have any idea how that would work? Does it teleport to a static location? Relative to the current one? Toggle from one place to another? Uhoh...

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »
>"I... think I may have seen her before, once... but it was not in my power to stop." Fairies respawn, after all.
> The problem with this logic is that she'll respawn exactly where she was before, and they'll likely keep killing her or imprisoning her. Not the best resolution.

> She doesn't seem keen on letting you go - even right now she's hauling you along into Salem Town, heading in the direction of the church. You'll have to distract her if you want to escape.

>That, or find a way into tricking them into allowing you physical contact with Cirno during the 'trial.' At which point the both of you vanish off to... wherever else the belt would send you.
>... do we have any idea how that would work? Does it teleport to a static location? Relative to the current one? Toggle from one place to another? Uhoh...
> That could be difficult, unless you claim to be in allegiance with her. That would make things...much worse, actually.
> You've yet to figure out how to control the location the belt takes you to. Your best chance is probably to find someone at some point who knows how to work it, and get them to set it to Gensokyo for you.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »
> Make ourselves scarce.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson