Author Topic: Undefined Fantastic Object: Enemy Unknown (Let's Play X-COM!)  (Read 50416 times)

Re: Undefined Fantastic Object: Enemy Unknown (Let's Play X-COM!)
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2010, 08:29:04 PM »

PURVIS: What's your situation on the ground?
ANTHONY: Looks clear so far.

ANTHONY: Still clear.

ANTHONY: Hang on, I'm spotting something. Some weird purple blob thing.

ANTHONY: Whoa, sensors are lighting up. We've got Jades too.
?DEADEYE?: I've got this one.

ANTHONY: Picking up another one.

?DEADEYE?: This one's also down.

ANTHONY: Spotting a few more yet.
KUSANAGI: Got it. Use the HWP to spot the enemy and we'll snipe them from here.

ACIDUS: I'll try and get a better view from up here.

DOLL SOLDIER: One hostile down!

?DEADEYE?: Spotting something off to the side here. Looks like a blob... different from the other ones.

?DEADEYE?: Another Jade down.

CHAORE: I got that blob thing.

KUSANAGI: That weird flying bean thing is down. I'd hate to be the guy on the recovery team who has to clean that up.

CHAORE: Another Jade down.

ANTHONY: Another blob here. I've got it blocked in, requesting backup.

MADNESS CHASER: No problem.

CHAORE: Another Jade, look out!

?DEADEYE?: Madness Chaser is down, repeat, Madness Chaser is down!

ANTHONY: You're not getting away!

DOLL SOLDIER: I've got the shot.

ANTHONY: We don't care WHO you are or WHAT you're armed with...

CHAORE: This time, you've gone too far!

[END TRANSMISSON]

We were able to save Karachi, but at a high cost. Madness Chaser was an extremely skilled and adept agent, and his loss will never be replaced. The Jade responsible for his death has been captured alive, and is awaiting interrogation by Firstlight's research division.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2010, 08:48:03 PM »
MMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!

;_;

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

mad

« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2010, 09:48:25 PM »
I'm dead? damn. I want to come back. Avenge me my comrades! Burn their world to naught.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:50:59 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »
I'm dead? damn. I want to come back. Avenge me my comrades! Burn their world to naught.
You are the first of the forum-users to die.

We will wash our hands with their blood.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2010, 03:08:49 AM »
I love how everyone just goes 'Oh -fuck- no, You killed one of US this time. You will wish you were a dead man.'

That said, I salute to you...you fought well, Madness.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2010, 04:29:04 AM »
Dammit......they got one of us.

They're just lucky we don't send a meteor or five at their homeworld.
...Well, we would if we could, amirite?
But aside from that, I can't believe they got my tank too!

They will burn for that.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2010, 06:57:43 AM »
Poor Madness, we knew well (sort of).

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2010, 02:40:54 PM »
I love how everyone just goes 'Oh -fuck- no, You killed one of US this time. You will wish you were a dead man.'
:3

« Reply #218 on: September 05, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »
Despite the loss of Madness Chaser, we have to move on.

We've been using the new rookies to handle the recovery of crash sites. We did lose one of them, Ice Queen, but did manage to retrieve a large quantity of weapons, ammunition, alien metal, and Elerium.

Several of the rookies have received promotions.

Two other ships, which appeared to be small probes (okay, not the best choice of words), broke up in midair after being hit by interceptor fire.

We've spotted a superheavy alien ship in Australia. It's likely that once again they're trying to force a pact with a nation. This is too far from Firstlight for us to intervene in time; we must prepare for the worst.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #219 on: September 05, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »
Might want to consider a base around that area eventually.  Here's hoping the Australians don't give in to the aliens though.

« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »

Research division has finished studying a Jade we recovered from a crashed ship. This so-called ?Muton? appeared to be some sort of engineer, and we obtained valuable information about one of the types of alien ships we've encountered.

Two of the other aliens we have in containment have been identified as another engineer and a navigator; we are commencing interrogation at once.

The new-model HWPs have been completed and are ready for deployment at any time.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2010, 09:39:51 PM »
Aw yeah, time to let Hanzo and Anthony loose.

« Reply #222 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:06 PM »

The new HWPs have performed extremely well, cleaning out one crash site singlehandedly. Their enhanced maneuverability, accuracy, and armor makes them superior to the previous models by leaps and bounds.

We've been doing quite a bit of cleaning out crash sites, coincidentally.

Savannah's radar is online, making it ready to handle interceptions for the African continent. We'll likely be shipping Interceptors from our other bases here rather than leasing new ones outright.

Research division's given us valuable intelligence concerning the location of the alien headquarters; it's much closer than we anticipated. We'll have to go after alien bases as we locate them and capture the alien commanders to get further information.

Once again, we know exactly where to look. Last time we attacked an alien base, the battle was well in our favor, and this time our weapons and equipment are even more advanced. We have plenty of reasons to raze it, taking no prisoners and leaving no survivors.

However, we have an important reason to bring at least some of the aliens back alive; they know where the base on Mars is, and if we want to win the war for humanity, we need to know as well.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #223 on: September 06, 2010, 10:33:40 PM »
Another raid eh?

« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2010, 10:28:43 PM »

We were going all out on this mission (we go all out on pretty much every mission, but it just seemed to deserve emphasis here). A team of our highest-ranking, most competent agents was deployed with the best equipment we could muster.

Chaore was given a plasma rifle to take advantage of his skills at sniping.

Kusanagi and Doll Soldier, two all-around skilled agents, were given the ?heavy plasma? cannons, our best available general-purpose weapons.

Zengar was given a rapid-firing laser pistol to take advantage of his quick reaction times, in addition to a medikit to take advantage of the free hand.

Acidus was given a pistol to leave a hand free for throwing grenades or explosives.

?Will Kill? was given the stun bomb launcher, partially because we need the means to bring in aliens alive, and partially because we don't really trust her with a powerful weapon after she's shown vulnerability to psychic attack.

In addition, both new-model HWPs have been deployed with Anthony and Hanzo at the controls.

ZENGAR: I'm in the southeast with Doll Soldier and Hanzo. I take it you're all together?

KUSANAGI: Yeah, we're all at the extreme northwest of the base. Anthony's already through the gravlift ready to scout.

ANTHONY: Hard to tell in the darkness, but looks like one of those black things. We're probably dealing with Snakemen like last time we were here. Proceed with caution.

KUSANAGI: I've got a perimeter set up. No way we're getting ambushed.

DOLL SOLDIER: We've got our own perimeter set up here.

ANTHONY: Snakemen confirmed.

ANTHONY: That's one!

ANTHONY: That's two! Sorry Chaser, no three. Huh, looks like the control room was pretty close to the entrance this time.

HANZO: Guys, there's a Snakeman heading toward your position.

CHAORE: Got this one taken care of.

ACIDUS: Got another one here.

HANZO: This area over here looks clear.

ZENGAR: We've got another Snakeman.

DOLL SOLDIER: I can't get a clear shot at it! Keep in cover!

ANTHONY: Okay, I guess we can make that three.

ZENGAR: Okay, got that Snakeman taken care of and ?

ZENGAR: Look out, behind you!

ZENGAR: That was way too close.

KUSANAGI: We've made it into the control center and...

CHAORE: What happened to ?no way we're getting ambushed??
KUSANAGI: There's a reason we deploy in teams, you know.

ANTHONY: I'm going around to scout, just hang on.

DOLL SOLDIER: We've got another Snakeman here.

ZENGAR: I'm going around to back you up.

DOLL SOLDIER: Doesn't matter, I've got this.

ACIDUS: I've entered the control center through a breach in the wall. By the way, Hanzo, if you're done sightseeing, you want to back us up?

HANZO: Fine, the engine was starting to get cold here.

KUSANAGI: Okay, we've got the stun launcher here, we can proceed now. Anthony, open the door.

ANTHONY: We're in the core  spotting something upstairs.

?WILL KILL?: Detecting two lifeforms above us. Firing stun laucher.

ANTHONY: Confirming the control center is clear. Both occupants are unconscious.

HANZO: Target spotted!

HANZO: I've blocked off the exit, it's going to be heading in your direction!

HANZO: When I said it was going to be heading in your direction... it decided to try and go through me instead.

HANZO: And of course, try and succeed are two different things.

DOLL SOLDIER: Found a survivor here, just let me mop up.

[END TRANSMISSION]

Despite some close calls, we were able to complete this mission without casualties. However, we failed to retrieve a commander; the two aliens retrieved from the control center were identified only as low-ranking leaders. On the other hand, we did obtain a large quantity of weapons and technology to supply our operations with.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2010, 12:39:56 AM »
You should apply the patch to play on harder difficulties. :V It's more fun with a 65% casualty rate on average!

X-COM is good. More is even better. It has been an interesting read so far.

« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2010, 02:22:30 AM »

With the resources we obtained from the raid on the alien base, we're finally able to start work on the Firestorm craft. We're still keeping the older interceptors around, as the Firestorm's reliance on Elerium makes it unreliable for long aerial patrols.

We've finished retrofitting our interceptors with plasma beams. The now-obsolete Avalanches have been sold off, no longer taking up space in our storage facilities.

We were able to recover a small-sized craft; while the engine had been completely destroyed, the rest of the ship was intact.

Unfortunately, Zengar was severely wounded during this operation. His recovery will take roughly two months. Looking over his personnel file, I had no idea his shooting skill had improved to the point where it was on par with that of Kusanagi and Chaore; if a new colonel becomes necessary, I wouldn't be surpised to see Zengar promoted.

In the meantime, he's been brought to Savannah, where he will be heading up a new combat team when he recovers. The personnel stationed there earlier have been brought to Firstlight to train under Kusanagi and Chaore.

Interrogation of an alien navigator has netted us some very useful results.

First, we have obtained data confirming that the alien bases do rely on supply ships in order to remain operational. Locating and tracking these supply shipments should allow us to locate more lien bases.

Second, we've obtained data on the alien communication frequencies. This information means we can intercept and decode alien transmissions, and determine the nature of alien operations on Earth at any given time.

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2010, 08:28:48 PM »

Since bringing down the alien outpost in the US, we've been conducting patrols to locate other bases. We assume there is one in Canada following their pact, but nothing has turned up so far.

We've sent an interceptor to Savannah from Firstlight, giving us slightly larger operational range.

The recovery team is going to be busy for the next little while. A medium-size craft has landed in Central America, while another ship was shot down over Cuba. We're going to use this opportunity to train the Savannah personnel.

We're going after the medium ship first.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »
Haha!
Gentlemen, I love my new tank.

It really gets the job done!
Hmm...but they'll need names won't they comrade?

Hmm.......Perhaps.....nah, that one's too cheesy.
But as TV Tropes says, "Blessed Are The Cheesemakers".....but who cares about tropes right now? We've got invaders to waste!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »
So yeah, it looks like this is going to be on indefinite hiatus while I'm busy with things like "college" and "social life". Sorry.