Author Topic: In C82 What kind of game will Zun publish?  (Read 32603 times)

yorihime999

In C82 What kind of game will Zun publish?
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »
I think it's a shooting game...with a new player mima and satori, also supporter Reimu=yukari,Marisa=flandre,Sanae=kanako+suwako,mima=shinki,satori=koishi
and it will be little bit harder...beacuse it's 2:1......(it's just my  thinking..)

(my thinking)story:In peaceaful gensokyo the ground shaked and in the ground the shell pops out!!so the owener of chireiden satori got angry so she went up and she goes up a hakurei shrine and reimu teamed up with satori and koishi!!
So they go under ground with border team,magic team,moriya team,old play team,and komeiji team!
What will happen to them?!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: In C82 What kind of game will Zun publish?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »
All sounds likely. But what the crap are all these peripheral characters doing here? I'm pretty sure Mima'll be the only playable character. In fact, she'll have four different shot types all to herself, as a callback to SoEW.

You can't deny it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
Mima will be the PC, but every boss will also be Mima. Each theme will be different remixes of Mima's themes. The game itself will be called MIMAMIMAMIMAAAA.

Yes. That is exactly what will happen.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »
東方魅魔伝 RETURN OF MIMA

coming to a comiket near you 2012

featuring hawt mimaxshinki love love; the combination of their rabu rabu will destroy worlds !

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
And of course Sakuya will be the alternative PC, while Orin takes Sanae to burn in hell.

Oh, and every boss will be a fanmade character. :V

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »
I think it's a shooting game...with a new player mima and satori, also supporter Reimu=yukari,Marisa=flandre,Sanae=kanako+suwako,mima=shinki,satori=koishi
and it will be little bit harder...beacuse it's 2:1......(it's just my  thinking..)

(my thinking)story:In peaceaful gensokyo the ground shaked and in the ground the shell pops out!!so the owener of chireiden satori got angry so she went up and she goes up a hakurei shrine and reimu teamed up with satori and koishi!!
So they go under ground with border team,magic team,moriya team,old play team,and komeiji team!
What will happen to them?!

...I only like this because Koishi will be in it :V

Also, Sakuya won't be involved again. (trufax)

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
Touhou
Spoiler:
for the Kinect.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »
Touhou
Spoiler:
for the Kinect.
Spoiler:
Or at least it has Kinect support in the PC version, right?

Don't forget a version for Windows on ARM (aka Win8 tablets)!

At least OP isn't speculating another Phantasmorgia :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:30 PM »
Wouldn't the already existing Touhou games be playable on ARM anyway?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:06:31 PM »
No. Windows on ARM requires that apps be recompiled for the ARM architecture, and (as all apps on there need to be from the Windows Store) will have to use the newer WinRT API. So porting existing games and applications will take some time to do.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:08:25 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
All sounds likely. But what the crap are all these peripheral characters doing here? I'm pretty sure Mima'll be the only playable character. In fact, she'll have four different shot types all to herself, as a callback to SoEW.

You can't deny it.
Almost.

Actually his new game is going to be an eroge. Despite the 27 different routes, the only love option is Mima.

There are only bad ends.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
In C82 what kind of game will ZUN publish?
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 05:41:02 PM »
An eroge with Mima as the sole love interest would cause the fanbase to implode. Maybe it'll be a fighting game with 64 possible pairings. All of them Mima v. Mima.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
And when Mima wins, her victory dialogue consists of nothing but her name and punctuation marks- NO.

NOT EVEN PUNCTUATION MARKS.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 06:05:47 PM »
And when Mima wins, her victory dialogue consists of nothing but her name and punctuation marks- NO.

NOT EVEN PUNCTUATION MARKS.

She'll be Red in PKMN Gold :V

Mima: ...

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 06:08:05 PM »
No man, that dialogue does not have nearly enough "Mima"'s in it.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 07:22:31 PM »
In all seriousness I don't think ZUN's gonna produce anything at C82. He's probably too busy with the book to do much coding.

Of course if he does it'll be the Mimafest to end all Mimafests. We've seen this coming for years now.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
Or we'll just have another Mima-like reproduction.

Kind of like that new nameless Stage 5 midboss.

What do you mean it has a name?

Ibaraki Ibuki

• The Forum Fool
  • Happy Horned Hermit
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »
The new game will be a RPG where Mima is the main character, all the NPCs, the infinity+1 sword, the ultimate magic, and the max level you can attain in the game.
Spoiler:
She's also the final boss, the bonus boss, and the extra stage boss.

A much more serious answer: The Komeiji sisters have a better shot at becoming playable characters than Mima, though it would rock if Mima finally appears in the Windows games.
Some of Master's sayings:
Nothing happened, but that's still an extra.
Yesterday was not special; tomorrow will be.
Strange and romantic is the fate.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:21 PM »
What? Didn't you guys hear? Wasn't the next game supposed to be a battle of wits in which the MC tries to prove that every single incident of the past games was indeed a clever trick used by a human culprit to try to fool the masses of Gensokyo into believing in her existence as a god?

Who is "her" you ask?

ahaha.wav

Spoiler:
MIMAAAAAtrice
(so sorry, just went with the flow)

That hair, you can't spell paint without 'pain' after all.

Probably nothing for C82 except for the usual fanmade stuff and the book.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 10:00:57 PM »
Mima shoots Mima bullets, and the game will support multiplayer of up to 16 players on screen at any one time?

yorihime999

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:15 AM »
yeah,that's an good idea because mima was in all games in PC98 without touhou 4....  ::)

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 01:05:54 AM »
I am seriously requesting a Mima fangame about Mima shooting Mima bullets against Mima.
Like, no joke.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 01:46:30 AM »
...am i gonna have to relearn danmakufu just for this...

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 02:34:51 AM »
Bless this thread and all of the posts in it.  :getdown:
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 03:03:07 AM »
recipe for making a good Mimawesome game:

1- it has Mima suicide bullets (bullet cancel Mima to make even more Mima appear)
2- the more Mima on the screen, the higher the Mima rank increases per frame (it may be influenced by Mima multiplier to increase risk and score potential)
3- when you use focus, Mima changes into Mima, and vice-versa
4- select one of the 4 different Mima, earn enough Mima points to unlock Type Z-Mima
5- face 6 increasingly difficult Mima stages, with optional Mima stages
6- clear both loops to fight against the True Last Boss, Mima, who shoots Mima who shoots Mima who shoots Mima.

thoughts:
- replace Mima on the list above with any Touhou character, and it would still work :V (would lose on awesomeness, though)
- if I really wanted to make a bad game, I'd think of adding a healthbar. Or deciding that there would never be enough gauges (convoluted scoring).
- 1 is inspired by Ketsui, 2 a bit by MS (the Dream Gauge system which fills faster with more enemies or bullets, don't remember), 3 by ESP Galuda, 4 by Crimzon Clover ofc, the rest is from more generic sources.
- I think it's possible to make a Mimaspam game work, it would be challenging to make a fun one but I think its *possible*.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 03:20:51 AM »
...am i gonna have to relearn danmakufu just for this...
...you know what to do...

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:10 AM »
Here's the actual plot.  My uncle's roomate's friend works at Shangai Alice.

Marisa Kirisame waited. The lights above her blinked and sparked out of the air. There were Mimas in the base. SHe didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. Her warnings to Carnal Remiu were not listened to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Marisa was a space marine for fourteen years. When she was young she watched the spaceships and she said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY MIMAS"
There was a time when she believed him. Then as she got oldered she stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC she knew there were Mimas.
"This is Raymu" the radio crackered. "You must fight the Mimas!"
So Marisa gotted her haxero rifle and blew up the wall.
"SHE GOING TO KILL US" said the Mimas
"I will shoot at her" said the cyberMima and she fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at her and tried to blew her up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the Mimas" he shouted
The radio said "No, Marisa. You are the Mimas"
And then Marisa was a Mima.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »
- if I really wanted to make a bad game, I'd think of adding a healthbar. Or deciding that there would never be enough gauges (convoluted scoring).
Do you want to gauge our eyes out?!
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »
I'd like to say, that the post below is probably rated for mature audiences only, and now that I think about it, most likely it's suitable for no-one. Read it if you dare.

Hey... guys. I hate to say this, but you're all wrong. Some of you have a lead, but... it's not exactly what will happen. I know what kind of game will be published, for sure, because of I broke into ZUN's secret hideout, also known as Hideyoshi Ramen and Sake, and drank every single alcoholic beverage they had. Then I passed out, and got the most vivid vision of future I've ever had (I've had several. For example, I foresaw the invasion of giant flying tentaclesquidmonsterthingies in 2017.). This is what I saw:

Mima, the great sorceress and masterer of several magics, developer of hunderds of malevolic spells and most recently, the mistress of the GREAT SUBMARINE PALACE, was standing on the border between boredom and silliness. She had had enough of waiting, and watching as the Hakurei miko went to solve incidents, punched gods, drank tea, and was being seduced by a certain youkai of boundaries. It had been entertaining to watch at start, but when you had lived in peace, without any attention or interesting happenings for years, stuff started to get boring. So she decided, that it was the time to start an incident. And indeed, an incident she began.
"With this spell, I shall start gathering the essence of cuteness in the magical realm of Gensoukyou!", she yelled, and snapped her fingers. And suddenly, right after she had snapped those fingers of hers, several pink streams of... something.. started forming around the palace. The pink streams were filled with the essence of cuteness and power and magic and love and stuff.
"Oh, mistress", said the great magican's newest consort, also known as the ultimately powerful creator of Makai, Shinki "all this evilness and finalbossness makes me moist.", she continued, walking towards her mistress in a seductive way. And then she proceeded to pleasure her mistress with those yellow homing lazor-thingies that totally drank several bombs and lives off you back in MS.

Reimu Hakurei woke up on the following morning. She was feeling that something unusual was in the air, and it was maybe releated to those several pinkish streams flowing in the air towards western depths of Gensoukyou, places humans had yet to explore. But that was not important. What was important was the fact, that she was not feeling as cute as she usually did on mornings. She looked at her mirror, angered, that she was indeed not as cute as she usually would be.
"Damn, youkai bitches. You again?!", she stated, angrily. Then she ran to her frontyard, grabbing her gohei and the Hakurei Orb of doom and sexual satisfaction in some cases while going there, and then started flying into a random direction. She would kick every single youkai she saw until some of them would know something about this incident. It was her style after all.

Yukari Yakumo, the youkai of boundaries, and a rather perverted person, was watching Reimu fly. She was really satisfied, mostly due to the fact that the said shrine maiden had forgotten to wear her clothing and had left her home completely naked. It had totally nothing to do with Yukari meddling with the boundary between bad memory and forgetfulness. Nope. The ancient youkai lady decided that it would be rather entertaining to watch Reimu kick some youkai ass, so she decided to follow the shrine maiden. And so she did.

Meanwhile, at the Forest of Magic, mushrooms, and cute, but totally platonic shoujo-ai, Marisa Kirisame was on a high. She had taken way too many mushrooms, which she did not know the origin of. They did taste good, however, so she had eaten a whole bunch of them. If you were to watch the world through her eyes currently, you would probably see rainbows, cute rabbits and totally cool colors flowing through the world.
"This is a perfect moment to gooooooo and test how many Master Sparks can Gensnnhokyou take!", Marisa stated and did what she intended to do; flew to blast everything she saw with a purifying lazer beam of multi-magical love, and magic. She felt like she had forgotten something, though.
"Da ze!", she added, remembering what she had forgotten.

Alice Margatroid, the seven coloured puppeteer and the only person in the whole magically wicked realm of Gensoukyou who could vomit in all the seven colours of a rainbow (It was indeed not a mean feat.), was watching as her friend towards whom she felt totally nothing, but platonic friendship, flew in the air, making zig-zagging movements and shooting lazers towards every single thing that moved, and after that obliterating everything that didn't move. Alice was not concerned about the nature, but she was indeed concerned of the witch, who she DID NOT LOVE, NOPE. She decided to follow the black-white magician and help her if she got into trouble. Out of friendship, and nothing more.

Rinnosuke, a shop owner, and a person whose surname I could not recall, was really angered. He had had enough of the loli girls in this damn loli-universe that was filled with nothing but loli girls. And a bit of loli grills, but those were not relevant. Rinnosuke wanted a man. A real, hairy, muscular and manly man, who would gently hold him, pet him to sleep, tie him to his bed, and commit all kinds of perverted stuff to him. He had tried dating the other males of Gensoukyou, but his most recent companion had been a really boring and useless person. It had been a cloud-like entity, and sadly, cloud-like entities couldn't pleasure a man in all the ways a man would need to be pleasured.

Rinnosuke wanted more men to be put into this realm. And he was damn sure that he would have more men added to this realm as BOSSES of the next game. So he decided to start kicking youkai arses until he would find an arse that was manly enough to pleasure him. It was all totally logical. And he liked it, so he decided to fulfill his plan, and go do as told.

Murasa, the anchor lady, and lover of really good and tasty rum, was in a panic. Some random dude called Rinnosuke had recently broke up with a cloudish entity that recided inside her ship. The said cloudlike entity had absorbed all the rum they had stored in the ship, to sink his sadness in alcohol. And thus, the whole crew of the ship, and more importantly, the captain of the ship, had no rum to drink. It was horrible indeed. Murasa had to stay calm, and not do any unwise decicions. She, however, was bad at that.
"Arrrr. Yarrr. Damnit, my throat is as dry as the desert of the Pacific Oceans most abandoned island, damnit", she stated in her hunger for good rum. "I shall start an exchepditionsh, to look for rum, aye!", she yelled, making sure every single living, unliving, or whatever kinds of creatures there were in her crew, heard it.
"The ship sails six in the morning. Wet the masts, sink the anchors, rise the flags girls, grills and cloud-like entities. We're leaving the harbor!"

And so, the players can choose if they play on the naked miko (you take extra damage; having no clothes to protect you and all), the drugged magican (your screen will be really hard to read if you play on her), the furious Rinnosuke (you have to... yeah, I think you can hit the gent.), or the HUGE PALANQUIN SHIP with CANNONS AND STUFF.

The player must gather the essence of cuteness while playing, slowly gaining additions to you "cuteness gauge". When the gauge is filled (which is, right at the final boss), you can summon the ultimate attack of cute and lovely loligirls with huge love, sexy and beautiful lazor beams of doom, destruction and love. The event is hard to make, so instead the player will see a huge tortoise landing on the screen on a great flying ball of fire, yelling "IT'S GENJI TIME, BITCHES!", and obliterating every single thing there is left. It also boosts your score, makes you invunerable and improves your attack, so remember to spam it as much as possible during the bossfights.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:05:12 AM by Seppo Hovi »