Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 200066 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« on: December 03, 2017, 10:29:53 PM »
Fire Emblem Heroes is your favorite SRPG series in mobage form! Join us as we theorycraft team compositions and wonder when Bruno/Veronica are finally going to join our barracks (the answer is never).

Official Website, if you're looking to get into the game and want to know more
Recent Updates, if you want to know what's been cooking recently. Most notably, a new section of the story was unlocked with a free 5* hero for the first clear. Healers, dragons, and many older/weaker heroes also got major buffs to their weapons.
Voting Gauntlet Tracker

Previous threads: the latter link has friend codes (many may be outdated)

Potentially useful third party links/tools:
Arena score calculator
Mass duel simulator (one of many)
Summon simulator - to scratch that summoning itch you have
FEH Keeper - Tool for keeping track of your unit collection, can easily check boons/banes when adding to collection (requires registration)
Gamepedia and Gamepress wikis - Misc. info, including unit builds, max stat tables, detailed mechanics, and datamines
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:10:03 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: the age of dragons is upon us
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 04:25:20 AM »
Pyon! Err anyway the new units that are coming tomorrow look lackluster stats and ability wise.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 04:44:14 AM »
I dunno, they've got some pretty sought-after abilities (Distant Defense, Steady Stance, Death Blow 3), powerful personal weapons, and the Tactic abilities seem amazing.

Agreed that their stats don't seem like they're anything impressive, but they're certainly not horrible.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:55:43 AM »
I dunno, they've got some pretty sought-after abilities (Distant Defense, Steady Stance, Death Blow 3), powerful personal weapons, and the Tactic abilities seem amazing.

Agreed that their stats don't seem like they're anything impressive, but they're certainly not horrible.
True true... oh so true.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 06:00:20 AM »
So ATiki can get a pretty identical tank-and-counterkill ReinBLyn build going with Lightning instead of Dark breath and Distant Defense instead of DC. The differences I would imagine are that you get better color coverage so Ninian isn't completely redundant, you can probably survive Julia/Deirdre I think, but you're also losing out on the Dark breath debuffs. The color coverage is handy but I think I would prefer to take the debuffs. I think YTiki would be better for the last slot though since she has 6 more bst than her adult version.

I would be more excited for the children banner but I spent nearly the rest of my orbs on the last minute 8% banner. I was sniping for another Deirdre for FCorrin to eat for the QR3 (I was all out of anyone else with it) and was lucky and got her how weird, how strange. I also got another Hector somehow so totally worth and I feel less heavy about giving FCorrin DC now. Somehow Ayra was another one I got in those last moments and she's a lot lot frailer than I thought she'd be considering how overhyped she is.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 02:30:29 PM »
If anything I was a little impressed by how sturdy Ayra is. Her speed and attack are so nuts I figured she wouldn't have any BST left for anything else but her HP and defense are non-terrible. They're certainly not great obviously, but they're surprisingly passable.

Conqueror

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 06:42:12 AM »
https://app.famitsu.com/20171204_1191229/
FEH won the Google Play Best Game of 2017 apparently. Not sure who did the judging though, since in terms of user voted popularity it was beaten out by a bunch of idol rhythm games, it looks like.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 02:50:06 PM »
No Camilla in the voting gauntlet is too bad, she fits the theme nicely, but I guess she causes problems when she's an option. :V

Time to start saving my orbs for the Christmas banner I guess. If I recall correctly there's a Tharja and a Robin confirmed, isn't there?

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 11:09:16 PM »
Time to start saving my orbs for the Christmas banner I guess. If I recall correctly there's a Tharja and a Robin confirmed, isn't there?
Yes there are

Goddamn +3 Pris now
Mwahahahahha!

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 03:15:16 AM »
actually you know who would be a cool red unit to try out, Laevatein. If you manage to get off Light Breath+'s +5 buff to every stat off, then that's +25 attack right there. Probably entirely gratuitous but I bet it would feel so good to pull off.

I really like Dark Breath but I haven't been saved by it yet. Dunno if I've come across a situation where it was even very useful either, or maybe I haven't been paying attention. I would replace it  with Lightning Breath+ to free up that A slot for even more bulk but I'm not finding more bulk really necessary yet either. It would probably make her a better stand-alone unit but the point is I'm supposed to use her with Ninian so that doesn't really matter. There's a great pleasure in being able to toss around massive debuffs so I think I'll stick with it for the forseeable future, even if an open A slot is reallllly tempting.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 11:13:20 PM »
I could really use some kind of cosmetic marker that I can attach to my units to differentiate them. I'm using two Spring Camillas with very different sets, but that are visually identical. Positioning matters for them A LOT because one has Hone Fliers and one has Goad Fliers, but they even have exactly the same HP. Some kind of colored outline for their square or colored glow would be super helpful. To say nothing of like, cute little hats or something...

Conqueror

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 11:24:09 PM »
Well, there is the glow from refining weapons if one of them is using a refine-able weapon.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »
They are not. One is Gronnraven and the other is Gronnblade.

Incidentally, I realized this morning that Gronnraven Camilla is my most expensive unit by a lot. She's eaten four different 5*s. A Cecilia for Gronnraven, a 5* Selena for Triangle Adept (I ran out of Roys a while ago and haven't found any more), a 5* Subaki for Quick Riposte, and a Halloween Nowi for Hone Fliers...

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 12:11:01 AM »
Cosmetic accessories sound great, I mean it was in the 3ds games weren't they

Raven and blade tomes look identical? Never used a raven tome.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 12:18:28 AM »
I don't thiiiink the cosmetic items in Fates were visible in the character icon, I think they were just in battle animations. But just slapping a new sprite on the existing one seems like it should work fine, right?

Top BumCam is Gronnblade, the one below her is Gronnraven. Completely is identical unless I'm overlooking something.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 09:03:11 PM »
Is anyone else in tier 19 in the arena right now and finding that it's suddenly much more competitive than usual? I've gotten four clean sweeps in the last week with a variety of teams and my score is BARELY over the hump right now and will most likely fall behind before the round ends.

What changed? Did the weapon forge change teambuilding arithmetic? Are there more people playing now? More whales?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 10:16:38 PM »
I think the cutoff is 4960 ish now (?)
The weapon refinement gives a small flat score boost I believe

Conqueror

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »
I figure it's the score boost from the weapon refinery and Fjorm being a bonus unit.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 11:29:41 PM »
I think the cutoff is 4960 ish now (?)
The weapon refinement gives a small flat score boost I believe

Wait, seriously?! That's a full ten points above what I'm getting, if not more. I have NEVER seen a team at 708 points, much less seven in a row. Are other people seeing 708-point enemy teams?

Edit: Well, I did rank back up to 20, but I have to imagine I cut it VERY close. Last time I looked a few hours ago I was about a hundred places short of ranking down.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:48:26 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 11:49:44 PM »
The highest I've ever seen is 700 for me, but they must be, it's apparently just barely below 5k-ish now, about 4996

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 07:44:51 AM »
I managed to get in at 4874 or so.  But yeah, it was a lot harder for me this time. I had to do it twice. I replaced Moonbow on Reinhardt and Bonfire on Xander with their defaults so I could get more points.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »
So longer cooldowns are worth more points? I've heard passing references to that before but I don't really understand how it works.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »
the total sp cost of all your skills (the original cost of the skills, ie the 1.5x cost from skill inheritance isn't factored in) is a part of the formula used to determine your arena scoring range. Using skills like Aether (500sp) or the Growing/Blazing skills (450?sp) adds more to that total than something like Moonbow would. It's part of the reason why prf weapons are better for scoring, or why weapon refinery inflated the scores a bit.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 01:20:25 PM »
Okay, gotcha. I didn't know that. What else factors into it? I've always assumed/been told stat totals before skills are applied is a big factor, that is true, right?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »
this is a pretty handy post on the subject.

To condense the info to answer your question, here are the relevant things to consider for scoring:
1) Rarity
2) level
3) merges
4) BST
5) sp total.

1, 2, and 3 are pretty obvious, so I'll skip over to 4 and 5.

The BST used in the formula for scoring is the completely vanilla stat total of the unit, so completely disregarding weapons, skills, summoner support and yes merges. The formula only considers the BST in bins of 5 (so 0-5, 6-10, etc), so a unit with 169 BST will weigh the same amount as a unit with 165 BST, while a unit with 170 BST will  weigh a little more than the previous two for being in a higher bin. This can come into play when some characters have banes that drop by -4 instead of the usual -3. You would want to avoid a bane in that stat if the extra -1 in net BST drops that unit into a lower bin. Or the other way around for some units that have a boon of +4 instead of the usual +3.

Stat totals are in bins of 100 (so 0-100, 101-200, etc.) so you want to cram in as many high cost skills as you can. Seals are worth the same as their existing skill (eg: Savage Blow 3 seal is worth the same as the Savage Blow 3 C slot skill).

e: I got some clarification on weapon refinery. Upgraded normal weapons cost 350sp compared to 300sp for their unrefined counterparts (eg: slaying axe++ vs slaying axe+). Prf weapons still only cost 400sp, so no boost there. So pretty much exactly what it cost in the menu pretty much lol. Also side note, seasonal blessings (like Fjorm's water blessing) doesn't affect score at all.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:36:31 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 03:11:32 PM »
Gotcha. Good to know. Makes me inclined to throw a very expensive special on GAzura since her special isn't necessary to any significant matchup as far as I know.

I guess it's been lucky for me so far that I'm fonder of expensive specials than most. I tend to use Ignis, Glacies, and  Dragon Fang a lot. Not the same tier as the very expensive specials, but still helpful.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:14:47 PM by commandercool »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 03:21:59 PM »
Gotcha. Good to know. Makes me inclined to throw a very expensive special on GAzura since her special isn't necessary to any significant matchup as far as I know.

I guess it's been lucky for me so far that I'm fonder of expensive specials than most. I tend to use Ignis, Glacies, and  Dragon Fang a lot. Not the same tier as the very expensive specials, but still helpful.

Turn count doesn't influence SP Cost. Most of the specials unlocked at 4* cost the same, but yeah, that's why it's a thing for people to put Aether/Galeforce on everything, as well as stuff like DC Ryoma.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2017, 09:57:17 PM »
Yah, if I had spare aethers I'd give it to Ninian but for now she has a Growing skill.

I'll also add that a bin in BST is equivalent to a bin in SP costs, so you can think of 5 points in stats to be equivalent to 100 sp.
An infantry unit (155~159 bst) is two bins lower than an armored unit (165~169 bst), and so would need 200 more sp costs to catchup pointwise to an armored unit.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 08:38:37 AM »
well wow this just happened. What were they thinking?

I don't play armors so I hope this isn't the only banner in any case.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »
Yeah not... thrilled with the continual buffing and re-buffing of the best two playstyles in the game. Huh.

Edit: The upside is that I already have a +2,  5* Selena with Armorsmasher+ and nobody runs Svallin Shield ever. Might as well keep dumping feathers into her...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:15:00 PM by commandercool »