Author Topic: Strawberry Bose Translation and Gameplay Changing Patch Center  (Read 106414 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
I dunno what's up with Phantasmal Summoners, honestly. :'D
...Also, yeah, wow I'm stupid, I completely forgot about the dlls you need to make sure the stuff runs, like zlib and such, thank you for fixing that, my derp.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
So some things I wanted to point out with the Devil of Decline Banquest Patch

You have the three physical elements as "Slash, Stab, and Smash", I really think that should be renamed to "Slash, Pierce, and Bludgeon" because those are the three basic physical element types that have been present in many RPGs and that's what they've been called.

Also > Shikieiki Yamaxandu
Can we call her by her proper name, Eiki Shiki, Yamaxanadu please?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
It's actually Slash, Stab, and Strike ingame, not Smash. It'd be inconsistent within the series unless the GoS patch was edited (and NoR, although at least that one isn't already officially released as complete and become widespread); not to mention Piercing is used for one of the AoE types in GoS already. What's "many rpgs" anyway? Off the top of my head I know Persona 3 uses three physical elements but it's Slash, Pierce and Strike, not bludgeon.

In any case, changing "Stab" to "Pierce" is probably insignificant enough that, given the all the battle-relevant translation for the three main RPGs is already complete, there's probably no good reason to go in and swap the terms in all instances for all three games. Piercing AoE in GoS could just become Penetration but yeah, there's no real reason to go swap it out.

Shikieiki is already referred to ingame as simply "Eiki", as far as I can tell (given that she's in my party in my current playthrough). Where are you referring to...?

While I'm posting though, I did find two translation bugs. This is the Banquet version.

This should be "Chibi Hina". The actual Mitori is correct. It might be in the original patch too? It'd be easy for no one to notice since this is a promo shikigami that no one would probably want to choose, but in Banquet you receive all of them.

I didn't check the original name but this is supposed to be dark elf or something, Decarabia is the weird starfish thing that you can recruit which has the popular Emerald Pentagram field. I don't think this was wrong in the original patch.

Also, Backbeard (monster+recruitable shikigami) I think was supposed to be retranslated as Buckbaird and it's a reference? Backbeard is a pretty amusing name though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:37:52 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DA

• Some dude on the internet
Shikieiki is already referred to ingame as simply "Eiki", as far as I can tell (given that she's in my party in my current playthrough). Where are you referring to...?

I don't know if it was changed in this DoD translation but in the non tarc dod translation the party organization screen it does say Shikieiki but other then that it she is called Eiki in the other menus.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Also, Backbeard (monster+recruitable shikigami) I think was supposed to be retranslated as Buckbaird and it's a reference? Backbeard is a pretty amusing name though.

Reference to Megami Tensei/GeGeGe no Kitaro.

Good Night Remilia's 不夜城レッド is translated as Red Nightless City instead of Red [the] Nightless Castle.

Could the Character profiles (starter characters and 4 original characters; from the omake.txt) be translated too?

Spoiler:
One day i'll finish editing the Wiki.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Hmmm.... I can't seem to use the Translation tools. I was going to translate the tutorial in NoR (Since that information is kinda important) but when I tried to open the tools, it quickly closes just as soon as I opened it. Strange.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!

When you recruit Eiki and when you look at her name in the main menu, she's referred to as "Shikieiki". It's a significant inconsistency to me. Not to mention that poor spelling of her name just generally annoys me, a lot. Now, I remember seeing her being referred to as Eiki in the dialogue but that's in Japanese, and in the interface she's referred to as Eiki during gameplay when you're selecting her? I should probably look it over again.

Anyway, I was pointing out Slash, Stab, Smash because I was thinking those words should be more differentiable. S/P/B, Slash Pierce Bludgeon. I know it's called that in D&D, and I do remember Bludgeon being referred to as Strike in Persona 3 and previous SMT titles. It is important that those elements have consistent names over the games.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
When you recruit Eiki and when you look at her name in the main menu, she's referred to as "Shikieiki".

:S?

Also, I did just remember another important detail; in Banquet, most (all?) touhou-shikigami-specific attacks have a new added power-increases-with-level modifier. That needs to be added to their skill descriptions.

It actually makes some of them a lot more viable for lategame use (Suwako, Star Sapphire and Flandre actually are good enough to use offensively in the expansion with that I think, and Wriggle's butterfly storm is more useful to keep around, etc), apart from making them capable of competing with monster doppels a little better through the maingame before most of the offensive ones become obsolete. Along with the mp cost decreases so you don't have dumb stuff like Ran and Luna Child's special attacks just being more expensive versions of Starlight/Dark Web. At the least they keep being usable for random clearing for a pretty long time, now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:10:21 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MadokaMagica

• 魔法少女まどかマギカ
Hmmm.... I can't seem to use the Translation tools. I was going to translate the tutorial in NoR (Since that information is kinda important) but when I tried to open the tools, it quickly closes just as soon as I opened it. Strange.

You have to drag and drop the right files onto the translation tools for them to work.  Dragging and dropping a .srsdb file onto srscsv.exe outputs a .srsdb.csv file that you can edit for example.  Make sure everything is in the same folder too.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Oh, I see. So that's how you use that tools. Thanks for that.

Is there anyway I can help, being completely new to using these translation tools, and being unable to translate with my lack of Japanese knowledge? And is there any progress behind the scenes? I just don't this translation stay at what Validon left off with.  :ohdear:

Edit:I just got the game and started with the game.tarc and img.tarc provided by Validon on the second post, at the first cutscene with the clock at 48:00:00, it glitches a bit.
Here's the look of the glitching: https://imgur.com/ZiAWOiG
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:27:20 AM by Inubashira »
Feel free to poke me on Discord. Inubashira#2738

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Theoretically you might be able to do line breaks on what DoD story files have been translated; a significant portion of them are done, but they'd overflow from all the speech bubbles as-is, AFAIK. I dunno what Validon's doing these days or how much is actually translated, though.

And yeah, Banquet has a couple graphical glitches in clock tower cutscenes (I feel like something was invisible in some of them? been awhile since my playthrough), but there isn't anything significant enough to actually worry about.

Everything except dialogue is done, though. I saw you got NoR too, that game could use image editing (removing jp from menu/battle screen images and replacing it with english) if you had any skill at that.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
So I haven't been around for this, I did say I was stopping my involvement with working on translating Strawberry Bose stuff. Well, not 100% entirely. I'm not going to work on story stuff, if people want to do that, go ahead (though if I can figure out Japanese on my own maybe I'll just do it myself), but there was a project I was inspired to do a long while back when I saw GoSV for the first time, and I figure I might as well post up what I've done with that since it's more or less done.

NoR, compared to the other games, gives basically no real skill information. Not even a generic "Power: High" thing like GoS or DoD. So I aimed to fix that, as well as give just a whole lot of more hidden data in general, by going through and changing every skill description to one that gives way more information, in the style of how GoSV and DoDW gives information (a power number/percentage, a speed percentage, and accuracy information if applicable). The exact added damage on Slayers are shown for everything. I've made use of the invisible third tab on the equipment screen to list every item's rank, rarity, and weight. Status effect chances and effect levels are mostly accurately shown. Also, "Element Power" as a term has universally been changed to "Weakness DMG", to reflect its actual effect while keeping the length of the term low. I wanted to change some of the tutorial messages but I ended up being too lazy to go through those.

A few more image files have been worked on, mainly just "class" names and some map names. There's a whole lot more I could do with those, but I'm running out of images to actually get edited in any decent way. There's a bunch of global.srb stuff that needs to be fixed that I don't think I can just because of the script thing associated with it not wanting to always work, but that's mostly outside my concerns.

In addition, I've made a patch (that currently only is working with the "detailed" patch) that overall raises doppel recruitment rates. Many of them are double or quadruple what they are normally, and the "tiers" that previously existed for rarity have been overall adjusted to be more common, as follows:

1/1 -> 1/1
1/4 -> 1/4
1/16 -> 1/8
1/32 -> 1/16
1/64 -> 1/32
1/256 -> 1/128 (Yukkuris overall are much more common)
1/1000 -> 1/256 (Stray Yukkuris are at the old Yukkuri rate)

This patch is completely option, and just exists as a "hey I want to make collecting all the doppels not completely and utterly suck" thing. For overall reference, the rarest "normal" doppels are the ones that are in the super bonus endgame expansion area, which are still only just 1/32 instead of 1/64. The rarest any other doppel is is just 1/16, including everything found in the Tower of Babil (all of which were originally 1/64) and all postgame doppels other than the ones in the super bonus dungeon. Because real talk man 1/64 for those endgame doppels is super bad when they're generally pretty useful to have.

Anyhow, links will be added to the OP of this thread shortly. I did start a similar project for GoS, but I don't know if I will finish it, I don't care enough for GoS to go through with it fully. I don't plan currently on doing it for DoD. If I do anything else for any Strawberry Bose game, it's only going to be for NoR at this point. GoS, DoD, Phantasmal Summoners, Touhou Quest, and Marisa's Kirisame Magic Shop are out of my hands. I might return to them in the future, but there are no plans for that now.

Sorry for disappearing from this, but I've had college and writing and other games to play, so stuff like this has really just been "whenever I feel like messing with spreadsheets again", which hasn't been often.

EDIT:

So I decided to dig around a little more into seeing what things I could with editing recipes, and I realize now I can implement the weapons that were dummied out of the game by either actually assigning them to a drop table or making them craftable. Not only that, I can make any material I want to a craftable thing, so I'm thinking of making all the very rare materials as things you could buy for super expensive prices. And on top of that, making a way so that you can craft the endgame weapons (like the Kusanagi, etc.) instead of them being absurdly rare drops. It would take me a lot of work to do it, but if I can make this work, then I would be up for making a synthesis overhaul patch.

SECOND EDIT:

Okay, just from general experiments, I cannot add more rows to the sheet that determines if an item has a recipe, but there's lots of "empty rows" I can use, precisely 83, which is more than enough for what I want to do. 93 if I'm allowed to edit some test recipes they left in at the beginning. So yeah, very much doable.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 03:49:39 AM by Validon98 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Oooh, advancement on the NoR patch sounds nice. As someone who used the second jp wiki with hacked move information, skill strength is less compelling, but overall still definitely a nice addition to have. I was planning on replaying NoR some day, and this also helps me talk other friends into playing it. c:

...and, loathe as I am for actual game changes, I definitely have to admit an increase on doppel recruitment rate is quite welcome. It's so obscenely grindy to recruit most of them, and for the most part they aren't worth it either. Apart from godly doppels that feel like cheese, like Ambivalence who I'd definitely rate as deserving 1/32, you can solo friggin
Spoiler:
Voldemort
with Ambivalence and a drain attack. I'm not sure how you'd even DO that fight legitimately...

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Yeah, I think I can safely adjust some of them, Ambivalence can go to 1/32, and the one I definitely want to change is Minotaur, who is so rare and otherwise not really super strong for how rare he appears that he can be a 1/1 or 1/2 or something. His rarity for what he is is ridiculous.

Other than that, I've confirmed at this point that I have 93 slots with which I can add new recipes. The only limitation I have other than that is obviously they have to be included with existing recipe sets, buuut that's not a big deal. The plan is so far:

Add in a recipe for all of the "blue", "red", and possibly "gem" synthesis materials (other than the ones that already have ones, since there are quite a few), that allows players to, instead of grinding a bunch for the material, instead spent a ridiculous amount of Points on them, and potentially other materials. Stuff like Schoolgirl Souls and Unmelting Icicles will be available straight from the recipe set that contains the item they're needed for. Stuff like Orichalcum Shards, etc. will be contained in expansion recipe sets, and stuff for, say, the ultimate materials like Star Netherworld Shards will be in the final recipe set. Because no you will earn that. Long story short, it'll be more akin to DoD's crafting in that you can, with some effort, trade in something else to get other materials you'd rather want.

Add in a recipe for all of the endgame weapons like the Kusanagi, etc., including the dummied out endgame items like Gogmagog, Elder Sign, etc., which will require the usual endgame materials like Adamantite and Orichalcum. I might adjust the number of shards needed to make Adamantite and Orichalcum to 4 to compensate for more items being available to craft with them, but since they're still technically rare drops from monsters, I probably won't change that.

Potentially (though this is lower priority) add in recipes for the less common, earlier weapons, the ones that in the files have a four star rarity (like Blade Cusinart, etc.). Not the biggest concern, though, especially since the material recipes will take most of the open slots I'd have as it is.

But yeah, there's that. And of course I'll make this a separate patch that you don't need to use at all. It just might be interesting to have a minor synthesis overhaul.

EDIT:

Okay so no synthesis patch, at all, messing with the file and adding a bunch of stuff causes kind of a lot of problems so uh, oops, can't do that. Only lost my entire night's sleep on it but it could be worse, least I know better now. Alternate solution for solving the dummied out weapon problem is to just toss the dummied out stuff somewhere onto the drop list and call it good, but it'd probably be better if I don't touch anything else with that and just leave it at the doppel rate patch.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:40:37 AM by Validon98 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Doppel rate patch is fine. Although it'd be really nice if some of the obscenely rare stuff in the expansion superfinal area got better drop rates. I had been grinding there for like 10 hours (probably more; LONG after hitting lv99!) and only got a couple things and no extra copies of the megafinal material, which you need a billion copies of to upgrade any of the items... >_> But just doppel rate increases is nice.

The megafinal material drops when the game tries to drop a second copy of any of the special endgame equipment, IIRC. But that stuff is all very rare to get in the first place. Ooomph.

I was going to bring up a few of the doppel names that were just romanized instead of translated, but after checking, they're either Accurate Already or I can't figure out what any of them mean either. XD Other than Shugenja -> Wandering Monk/Mountaineering Ascetic. ...and, do you have any idea what Cirno's special ability is? "Self resistance" makes no sense as a translation, but I couldn't tell from the jp wiki either. XD

And yeah, there's a few silly-rare doppels. Like, Guan Yu I think? He's a pretty rare encounter but his recruit rate is 1/32 or something stupid, when it should be like 1/1 or 1/2; he's fairly average doppel iirc and not worth the rarity at all. The doppel "Power" is also kind of bad because he's VITAL to have as the first actually good light doppel, and the ONLY one for a long time, but he only appears on a couple maps with low encounter rate and like 1/16 recruit chance. If you don't actively know to farm for him, it kind of screws you over, because it's a really important element.

in any case I'm curious to see the new more detailed translation patch!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:05:07 PM by Serela »

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vita/PS4 remake of NoR boosts the doppel recruit rate even higher than what you're planning, since reducing the grind seems to be the trend for Strawberry Bose these days. At least, playing GoSV now is like night and day compared to v1.0 in terms of item drop rates.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
aghghghghh jealousy. I could probably manage to play GoS and DoD in japanese because I know the games so well, but I'd still have to buy a Vita. :T

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Cirno's special ability I haven't the faintest clue of what it does, and I was never able to find anything about it on the livedoor blog. It is the only ability in the game that baffles me at this point.

And yeah, the names for a lot of things are either Japanese or Chinese, and some of the katakana ones are baffling (man I sure know what a Volnehem is... no actually I don't game what even).

As for item drops, the thing is that changing up how drop rates work is rather hard. Here's the deal: you beat an enemy, it has a percentage chance to drop a chest. You hit that chance, and it rolls again for the item inside. There are 17 slots (not counting the two for when you roll repeats of unique equipment), 7 wooden chests (10% chance for each), 5 silver chests (5% chance for each), and 5 gold chests (1% chance for each). If you otherwise failed that chest drop chance, it rolls for the screw drop rate (which is dependent on area rather than enemy) and randomly picks from a material on the list for that area if you get it. Otherwise you get nothing.

So if I were to change any of the equipment drop rates, I'd have to finagle pretty hard with those tables. I do want to find a way to finagle the dummied out items onto there, but that might be a little rough too, since there's like, 10ish items. If I did manage that though it'd be nice, plus being able to reimplement the recipes for them for their upgrades (which was literally just "5 star item + Damascus Steel", though Damascus Steel is also a dummied out item so I'd have to add a way to make that available... etc etc.). For now going on an adjustment spree for doppels individually is going to be my move. I didn't look over every single one and tried to make things standardized (funnily enough you said Powers are 1/16, nope they're 1/4 in base game, and for the patch I made them 1/8 to line up with the new rate for Lesser Demon since both are the same "tier"), but for certain rarer enemies I can definitely bump those up (I'm thinking mostly Minotaur, Guan Yu, and Sylph, but if there's any other overly rare enemies I'm forgetting I can adjust those too).

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention with drops, one thing I can fix are that there's two enemies with a drop table but have a 0% chance to drop anything. It's I think like... Agar Princess and Unpolished Mirror or something like that. Those can be fixed too if I were to mess with the drop tables at all.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:13:15 PM by Validon98 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Wait, Powers are 1/4? Oh yeah.. the problem isn't the recruit rate. It's just that they're SO RARE YOU HAVE TO HUNT FOR IT. Plus it's kind of a miniboss at that point and it can kill your party even with a little prep. So yes there's a very good reason for it to have a better recruit rate than Lesser Demon. (esp. because it's really bad to miss that doppel) Lesser Demon is still kind of rare, but it appears on many more maps than Power does. And there's a bunch of other dark doppels at that time to fill it's role.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Okay, so I have gone through individually and have adjusted some of them again, bumping up a lot of pre-Tower of Babil doppels to 1/8 while keeping most of the Tower of Babil ones at 1/8 or 1/16. Ambivalance has been dropped down to 1/32, Power has been brought back up to 1/4, Sylph has been made 1/4 due to her relative rarity compared to Undine and Salamander, Minotaur and Guan Yu are both 1/1 now (I don't have 1/2 set as a thing but it doesn't matter) due to being absurdly rare compared to how useful they actually are, and most of the field casting doppels (Cave Guardian, Fuguruma, and Magical Girl) have been raised to 1/4 to make up for how uncommon (but not Minotaur levels of rare) they are.

The link in the downloads post has been updated with this new version, and both here and there I'll leave a link that shows the rates for every doppel in the patch.

Hurray for Pastebin!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Sounds solid :D Yeah, hunting around for fugurumas was a thing I now recall... ugh, and hunting sylphs had been painful XD I think I had to get 32 of them too!!

edit:Great Priest I'd put down to 1/4 as it only appears in a single no-running door world IIRC, it isn't common, and iirc it's not even good. But this is a really minor thing, since, yeah, it's postgame and isn't even that great lol
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:43:00 PM by Serela »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Yeah Sylph rate in the original is 1/32, same as the other elemental doppels of that tier. It wasn't great. At all. Great Priest... I forget a bit about them but yeah they can probably be bumped up a bit.

While we're on the subject of rates, there's one thing I've been wanting to look into as a patch idea, specifically for Devil of Decline, because after a lot of analysis of the element leveling in that compared to NoR, DoD's experience curve for element leveling is horribly screwed up and it takes forever to get to the appropriate levels you would normally be getting certain skills, whereas in NoR it seems to have been tuned so that you get weapon skills for a new tier right around the time you actually get your level to that tier. And the big reason for this is that while I don't know the exact experience gaining method in NoR, the numbers are MUCH lower. Like, in DoD you were lucky if in the prologue you got to level 1 or 2. In NoR you're like weapon level 3ish by the time you're out of the school. And it's because the numbers are actually freaking reasonably tuned there. It's only now that I was able to find the XP curve in NoR, and ho boy man, am I glad I did, because it confirmed my suspicions.

So I'm thinking of making a patch for DoD that just makes the element leveling curve not stupid. The main thing will be keeping the relative "spikes" in XP around levels 30 and 40, but overall massively reduce element XP needed so that it's way more reasonable to get weapon skills. I won't copy NoR's curve exactly, since the element XP from monsters in DoD is overall higher, but not like, muuch higher (the super endgame enemies in DoD, like Tiamat, etc. give 2500, while the ones in NoR give like 1000ish, so it'd need to be tweaked). Overall since the numbers in DoD seem roughly like 2.0x-2.5xish those of NoR, I'll make the curve closer to that, rather than 13x as it stands.

EDIT: Tested some ratios for changing the XP curve, and what seems to work best is slashing it down to 1/4th the original requirements. That gives it an average ratio of being 2.5x more XP than NoR at individual levels, which fits in with my general assertion that DoD's element XP values are 2.5x those of NoR's. Gonna test this out, make a new save file and see where I end up at the end of the prologue. My goal is to hit weapon level 5 while fighting every enemy, since that's about the rough high end of the first tier of weapon skills (to think you need about that much for the BASE tier of weapon skills, when you won't reasonably get to that level until generally the middle to end of the first stratum, like my most recent save file I made it to the second stratum and my highest element level was 8, and don't forget people who are weak to a particular weapon skill type need 2 or 5 more element levels to even get a chance to spark certain skills, and... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah).

SECOND EDIT:

Okay, so I brought the element level XP needed down for all levels by a factor of 4, then ran through the entire prologue up to the point where you get to the shrine, only missing like two encounters or so. And with killing practically every enemy, I got the following element levels:

Yukari- Stab 6
Patchouli- Strike 5, Dark 3
Youmu- Slash 6
Utsuho- Strike 5
Yuyuko- Strike 2, Water 1

Compared to normal where you're lucky if you make it to like... element level 2 or so by the end of that? Maybe 3? Yeah, that's much more reasonable, and fits somewhat along the lines of NoR's progression too. I checked an old file that's at the Skyscraper there and everyone was around level 6 or 7 on their main weapon. It'd take an entire run of the game to actually check and make sure that everything does shake out to be reasonable by the end, but other than that, I think that works? I'll post up the patch to the downloads post shortly, if anyone's interested in it. If I feel like it, eventually I'll get an detailed patch type thing going for DoD? Probably? Maybe? If I feel like it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:36:21 PM by Validon98 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
God that'd be nice, because if you grind some you're normally hitting the semifinal tier of weapon skills in DoD... when you're facing the expansion final boss. The actual final tier of skills is nearly impossible to reach, especially because grinding those enemies mostly requires magic if you want any kind of efficiency. So you just miss out on an entire tier of skills, if not two.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Not only that, you won't even usually get to the main game final tier of skills before Black Sanctuary or late fourth stratum, if you're lucky! So yeah hopefully this helps. I might have made it a little too fast, double-checking my NoR LP it's more realistic to get to level 4 by the Skyscraper, so level 6 is a litttttle overkill, but that might just be because the prologue throws so many enemies at you in comparison to NoR. DoD, looking back, has very enemy dense maps, whereas NoR doesn't really do that.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Yeah 1/4th the original might be a bit extreme. It's hard to tell without an actual playthrough, though. You can only compare to NoR so much.

A few more image files have been worked on, mainly just "class" names and some map names. There's a whole lot more I could do with those, but I'm running out of images to actually get edited in any decent way.
Also curious about this, since as far as I can tell, no new image file is in the download list.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
It's under images 0.01c :V

And yeah, it's definitely something that requires a playthrough. I'll see how it goes. If it's too much I think 1/3rd might be more reasonable, but we'll see.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Oh, I see. XD I had been confused because I downloaded that and it said it's last edit was on November 2017! But I do see the map name translations now, nice.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Alright I've come immediately to the conclusion that 1/4th is too fast, I'm just about... I'd say around 1/4th done the first stratum (Chaos Plains 1+2 done, Giant Toad Pond almost done) and I'm level 10 with Yukari and Youmu on their main weapons. Sooooo yeah alright. Going to bump it down to 1/3, restart. Goal now is level 4 by end of prologue, if that is reached then ultimately I think that'll be more reasonable.

EDIT: Well I WANTED to type a thing about this earlier but MotK decided to die for awhile. Well okay then. Anyhow I tried 1/3rd requirements, I didn't even need to finish the prologue to see it was too fast still. Then I tried 1/2th, and I got these final results at the end of the prologue:

Reimu- Strike 4
Marisa- Stab 3, Water 2
Youmu- Slash 4
Mokou- Slash 4
Utsuho- Strike 1, Dark 1

Yes I tried with a different leader/party comp so that affect a bit but otherwise more or less I think 1/2 is a bit better paced. Still doing more testing, I swapped everyone to different weapons entirely and got them all to about level 4 after having done Chaos Plains 1, 2, and Giant Toad's Pond. So far that's fine, I'll see where that ends up at once I clear out most of the first stratum, but I think I'm going to change the link in the OP to a 1/2 patch instead of a 1/4 patch. It's looking to be the better choice.

EDIT:

Further testing, getting to the end of the first stratum (having not done Clock Tower for first stratum yet) leaves everyone at around level 11 on their main weapon. If they were using the weapon type they were using from the start, I predict about level 12 or 13 for around that. A bit ahead of schedule but I think it's fine, this is before the real major spike in XP required per level, I think it'll be weird if by the time I get to the final dungeon I'm way past level 30 in any element.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:00:34 PM by Validon98 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Gonna make this a new post since it's about a different thing (hurray for double posting), but after not bothering to touch it for uh... awhile, I've finally done something with the area opening animation. It's not the greatest thing, I think it fades in a little too quickly, the most I can think of doing is trying to get a few earlier frames edited, but that's a bit harder to do. Still need to get this to work with every other one, but it's definitely progress on that end.

https://i.gyazo.com/23979cb5fecfbd639b226a5fd4572034.mp4

EDIT:

I just used the thing I did with that to apply to all of the animations. At this point I've noticed that the text sometimes is a bit jittery on each one, but it works and is serviceable. Doing all that was a decent amount of work so I'm not too keen on doing it all over again if I have to fix literally everything so for now it's done. But yeah. I also actually translated the main menu partially, options still isn't done but the actual three options there are translated (and they are slightly cut off, again, sort of not too caring about minor jank at the moment). So yeah, updating downloads post now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 02:52:30 AM by Validon98 »