Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 305911 times)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 02:00:43 AM »
"Play a game with me" is the worst thing you can hear from Flandre.

She started to force me into a game of tag, where she used Four of a Kind to cheat, Basketball, where she used Danmaku to shoot me whenever I got the ball, and Soccer, where she outright kicked me to the goalpost.

"It is no fun playing with you!" was the last thing I heard before I found myself CLEAVED INTO HALF.

Ouch. Yeah, i sure am glad Flandre hasn't appeared in my dreams. On the other hand, if she did, Brentalfloss's Megaman II lyrics would probably be kicking in, specifically "Mega-Flan"
That's... Really disturbing, actually. Flandre in Megaman's suit...
Someone is going to draw that too, aren't they? (Please don't...)

The other option is a giantess Flandre. Yeah, less disturbing, more scary. I don't want to see that either...

I am amazed i haven't had a nightmare, given that ever since i read Imperfect Metamorphosis, my brain just won't stop running simulations of what would happen if some poor shmuck (usually me) searched Yuuka Kazami on Google Images and she took the moment he scrolled down to smash through the fourth wall. Somehow, that has not appeared in my dreams yet.

STILL trying to induce a WILD. Still having no luck. Anyone got tips on how to do one?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 02:04:43 AM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Ran-Rii

• Regular at Patchouli's Library
  • In Patchouli's Library, reading books
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 02:38:44 AM »
I forgot to finish typing that before submitting the post.
Flandre sorta apologized after that, though.

Anyway, Flandre would fit more of Zero than X. That Levateinn > Z saber.

But yeah, I sorta got this from a dream I had immediately after waking up and sleeping again, and grabbed  my handphone and typed this right away.
You can remember it better if you force yourself out of bed and write it down as soon as possible.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 05:59:52 AM »
You can remember it better if you force yourself out of bed and write it down as soon as possible.
yeah, i know. Do that every time i post these things. But anyone here who knows how to induce a WILD, please help me. The WBTB method sure hasn't worked, and something about the "visualize and thou shall dream about" method isn't working. I blame the lucid dreams app's s****y frequency that has an annoying little CLICK upon looping which forces me out of it everytime (and consequently, i feel like i got scammed out of $2.99) So, anyone else know a different binaural brainwave entrainment tune i can use? Www.lucidology.com is COMPLETE garbage, as far as i can tell. He wants you to PAY for any REAL help.

*sigh* I just want to have a lucid dream, but it feels like fate is fighting me on it. First, after downloading the crap app, parents refuse to shell out money for different one. Then, the crap app does nothing for me but insomnia. Then, i find Lucidology 101, which is even LESS helpful. I swear, i've tried everything! Nothing works! I just want to have a lucid dream! Is that really too much to ask?
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Ran-Rii

• Regular at Patchouli's Library
  • In Patchouli's Library, reading books
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 06:31:08 AM »
It comes be chance, you cannot force it...

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
It comes be chance, you cannot force it...

It ticks me off because there are SO MANY guides that SUPPOSEDLY help you have one, but i try their techniques and the only thing i get for my troubles is ear pain for trying to lay down with headphones and a night's worth of insomnia! For the record, it's 1:33 AM over here so yes, i am dealing with said insomnia problems right now.

Ok, i shouldn't be taking my anger out on you guys... And i'm sorry.

I also think i hijacked this thread... and i'm sorry about that too.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:38:02 AM by Cybeast710 »

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 09:26:04 AM »
Cybeast710 do you experience sleep paralysis? I would imagine that it's a necessary intermediate step for WILD in most cases.

I don't think i have had any WILD's, but WBTB has made me experience DILD's and countless of SP's.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »
Cybeast710 do you experience sleep paralysis? I would imagine that it's a necessary intermediate step for WILD in most cases.

I don't think i have had any WILD's, but WBTB has made me experience DILD's and countless of SP's.

OK... i hijacked this thread, and as much as I'd like to discuss lucid dreaming, I'm currently trying to steer this back onto the road. Which is to say, discussing dreams about Touhou.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »
I WISH I could remember the dreams about Touhou that I've had as I do remember that I've had a few, I just can't remember them for the life of me :V

Might try writing my dreams down in future like a few of you guys have suggested though :P
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:56 AM »
I had a dream which was perfectly normal, and had NOTHING to do with Touhou.

Until suddenly Kogasa showed up. Everyone in the dream was surprised.

Then I woke up.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
Cybeast, here is an idea I have heard.  Wake up at 4 a.m. and then lay perfectly still and let yourself go to sleep and observe the process.  You will feel your body start to paralyze and you should then be able to enter into a lucid dream.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »
OK... i hijacked this thread, and as much as I'd like to discuss lucid dreaming, I'm currently trying to steer this back onto the road. Which is to say, discussing dreams about Touhou.
I wouldn't worry about it, the other two dream threads I can recall have both gone this route about talking about trying to lucid dream and what they see in dreams.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2012, 05:41:42 PM »
Ok, that was an interesting dream. (and I actually remembered it)

So me (as one of my OCs) Reimu, Marisa, and Koishi (cause why not, I guess) were playing a few games of danmaku, but before we played we told our opponent a scary story. First up was Reimu and Koishi. -time skip- Koishi loses to Reimu and is still crying her eyes out. -urge to hug rising- Next is me vs. Marisa. So I tell her a story about a leech that can suck out all a magician's magic forever. Telling her the last thing feeling of magic they feel is a tickle on their neck and I ended the story by blowing on her neck slightly. She jumped but didn't act too fazed. We fought (wasn't a very long fight, mostly consisted of Marisa missing with Master Spark) and I won cause Marisa couldn't concentrate, kept feeling the back of her neck. Then I woke up before me and Reimu were about to fight. Reimu was gonna tell the story to me.

Well, that was a cool dream.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 08:03:55 PM »
So you psyched out Marisa?  :o NICE! Pretty clever, considering the WIND tickles the back of one's neck and these battles are FLYING battles, thus meaning there's a lot of wind.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
The other night, I just had my third dream that involved meeting ZUN.

The first happened a couple of years ago, and involved me traveling to Japan to meet him, being completely unable to speak with him (can't speak Japanese), frantically asking a friend to interpret for me, and asking to get a photo so people would believe that I actually met him.  I woke up when the picture was taken.

The second involved meeting ZUN at a con, but I can't remember much more details than that.

And this most recent dream involved ZUN being at a con in the US (specifically a Touhou panel), speaking some English, and sharing with the audience his latest musical work and accepting input and suggestions.  I went up to ZUN after the panel for a little chat....and then woke up.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
And this most recent dream involved ZUN being at a con in the US (specifically a Touhou panel), speaking some English, and sharing with the audience his latest musical work and accepting input and suggestions.  I went up to ZUN after the panel for a little chat....and then woke up.

What are you waiting? Steal the ZUN's music from your dreams and become famous. When he release this music they will say "ZUN copied AJS's music"  :V
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 08:00:12 AM »
What are you waiting? Steal the ZUN's music from your dreams and become famous. When he release this music they will say "ZUN copied AJS's music"  :V
I can't remember it.  I couldn't even remember it immediately after I woke up. :fail:
Dreams are fickle things, you know.

Viola

• 'the witch laughed savagely'
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2012, 02:09:28 AM »
I once had a waking-dream that I was up against, I believe it was Remilia, Yuyuko, and Eirin, all in one battle? Had to dodge three character's worth of spells! And it all felt amazingly real and hectic, I woke in a panic! I'm certain I've had more Touhou dreams, but that still remains the most interesting of them all. <:

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:28 AM »
I once had a waking-dream that I was up against, I believe it was Remilia, Yuyuko, and Eirin, all in one battle? Had to dodge three character's worth of spells! And it all felt amazingly real and hectic, I woke in a panic! I'm certain I've had more Touhou dreams, but that still remains the most interesting of them all. <:

Luckily, in my dreams, Touhous do NOT stick to their "kill anything that's in the way" mentality, but are rather helpful, or just ignore me. So i haven't had a Touhou nightmare yet...
Then again, i read a Yandere Alice fic tonight... Totally regretting that right now. Also looked at the darker and edgier Flandre fanart...
I probably will have a nightmare...

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 06:57:37 AM »
So far I can remember two dreams of touhou.
One is pretty short and normal... I walked with Remi on the street for a very short time... Maybe we have talked but can't remember anything...
The other is a match, Flandre VS a Tauren (the kind in WOW). The rule was that they didn't fight directly, but controlled the two forces in two castles, and they were sitting a control tower with a stuff group each. The unnamed Tauren used some sort of cheat and the situation is against Flan. In order to turn the tide, Flan decided to lead her attack inside the tower....

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 03:41:01 AM »
I remember having this weird dream where I played Touhou 14, which was about... uh... I can't remember.

All I remember is that the stupid trance gauge was still there and that the music was just bad. Eugh, what a nightmare, uh?  ::)

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 03:48:57 AM »
It's kinda touhou related since it has spellcards.

t's kinda long and fuzzy.
I was 22 and in my last year of college. Me and a friend (i have no clue as to who this is) heard about a legend of a girl coming out of a tv if you watched a certain channel at 3:00 A.M.
We decided to check it out. That night, we sat there and at 3 A.M we turned to the channel.
Soon the girl came out of the TV and on impulse I yelled out "Spellcard!" and I don't think I said anything else and the girl ran away.
Over the next few days, we kept seeing her out of the corners of our eyes. We got annoyed and we went on the internet trying to find the source of how this girl came to be.
We found out a man was responsible and was holding her soul captive and forcing her to do all these things. We went on google maps and got direction to the man's house.
My friend (seriously who the fuck is it?) got in his car and we drove off to the man's house.
We arrived in like 2 days. We confronted the old man and he admitted that he was responsible for the legend. Then, he brought out 5 spellcards and was ready to fight.
Some really weird fight scene happened. It wasn't all bullet hell-y but, like all bloody and gory and stuff. So, yeah, skipping that part.
We freed the little girl's soul and the legend stopped.
We graduated like 2 months later and happy ending. Well, kinda, we didn't kill the man that started this legend so, he's still out there and rumors say, that another similar legend has started....

Sooooo, yeah. I have no clue what that was about.

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 06:39:41 AM »
I had a weird one a few months ago. I dreamed I was a Hourai immortal, and I stayed in a lake with Kaguya for a week because we could; it was great fun! Apparently, Hourai immortals can't drown in dreamland :V. The details of what happened beforehand and afterwards are very hazy; like I said, it was months ago. Anyway, this is weird because I don't find Kaguya that interesting, and because I actually think immortality would suck in real life. Apparently, neither of those issues were a problem for my subconscious.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 07:21:32 PM »
Uuuh I think this dream counts in this thread. Very loosely.

So I dreamt that a new guy was going to join our class at school. He introduced himself in front of the class.

- Loves Touhou
- Sounds kinda nice

And then the nightmares begins

- Fangirl squeaking about how Twilight is the best thing ever
- NO WAIT SCRATCH THAT FIFTY SHADES OF GREY WAS THE BEST THING EVER WRITTEN AND NOTHING WILL EVER COMPARE TO IT
- I'M WRITING A TOUHOU REWRITE OF THOSE BOOKS SO EVERYONE CAN READ TWILIGHT AND FIFTY SHADES ALONG WITH ME

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:09 AM »
Ugh, I had a bad nightmare a few nights ago. It was so hazy I can barely remember it, but I'm pretty sure it involved me being chased by Flan. Left me in an 'ehhhh' mood all day.
That's what I get for sorting/reading a crap ton of doujins before bed.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
I had a random Touhou dream, which is odd because I'd been playing World of Tanks all day. 

I overheard a conversation between Sakuya, Patchouli, and Remilia.  Remilia had been complaining to Patchouli about the inherent mortality of Sakuya and how this was a problem. 
Of course, Patchy remembered that there's something mortals can do that immortals can't (allegedly), which was reproduction. 
"I see," Remilia had said.  "Very well then, Sakuya - you will bear a child for me.  This will be your primary concern, all your other tasks can rest for now." 
Sakuya seemed to accept this task with a mixture of confusion and relief. 
The implication was that, after Sakuya had conceived, Remilia would immediately butcher the would-be-father, so my dream-self decided it would be awesome to check out of The Scarlet Hotel at this point.  In hindsight, I think knocking up Sakuya would be worth being horribly maimed and eaten.  Ah well. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 07:14:28 AM »
Was sick and in pain, so I had a really vague dream but in it there were random people playing "Border of Life" and I felt Yuyuko's presence.

Ghostly

• Wish I would get a dual swords.
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2012, 03:32:30 AM »
Pretty much the only Touhou dream that I remember is where I was chased by ferocious hungry youkais in Gensokyo. I immediately woke up when one of the ferocious hungry youkais bite my arm.

Nevindar

• Wandering Tourist
  • ... what do we have over here?
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »
So, I went through several CYOA's on touhou-project before going to bed yesterday.

This resulted in a pretty eerie and short dream where I was living in a house down the road from where I live now, married to Yuuka.
I remembed feeling distinctly nervous for various reasons.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »
Sorry for asking, but, what's a CYOA?

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »
Sorry for asking, but, what's a CYOA?
Choose
Your
Own
Adventure.