Author Topic: why does merlin hate me so o_o  (Read 2819 times)

why does merlin hate me so o_o
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »
she keep doing that one glitch. is there a fix for this D:

and today for the first time she started doing some weird attack iv never seen before.., where lasers shoot out in all directions line bullets filled the gaps so I'm forced to bomb my way out of that attack.   :ohdear:
mind you because I'm not the best at this type of game I'm on easy mode
before this  i only saw Lunasa Prismriver sprite attacking me and the other two only join in for spell cards.

has this happened to any one else.

this level hard enough as it is with out it needing to glitch out :(

PS: any advice for the mobs that will  fill the screen with bullets that are all targeting me with no conceivable gap? i really want a different method then bombing my way to the boss fight on that stage. its the only stage that i have needed to use bombs for.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
Re: why does merlin hate me so o_o
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:11:07 PM »
Personally I've never experienced the glitch before so I can't really say how to trigger or avoid it. The only reason I even know about it is by reading about it.

For me Merlin is always in sync with the others.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

Drake

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »
she keep doing that one glitch. is there a fix for this D:
Merupo rarely happens ever. If she "keeps" doing it, something is definitely weird.

and today for the first time she started doing some weird attack iv never seen before.., where lasers shoot out in all directions line bullets filled the gaps so I'm forced to bomb my way out of that attack.   :ohdear:
mind you because I'm not the best at this type of game I'm on easy mode
before this  i only saw Lunasa Prismriver sprite attacking me and the other two only join in for spell cards.
Cute.
The sister you fight for the opening attack depends on your character. Lunasa appears for Reimu, Lyrica for Marisa, and Merlin for Sakuya. Then you have Phantom Dinning/Live Poltergeist. Each sister takes damage in the attack, and the one you hurt the most is who you fight for the next two patterns. So you just damaged Merlin more than the other sisters during Phantom Dinning.

PS: any advice for the mobs that will  fill the screen with bullets that are all targeting me with no conceivable gap? i really want a different method then bombing my way to the boss fight on that stage. its the only stage that i have needed to use bombs for.
If you mean the ones that come before Lily, the answer is: stop shooting them.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 04:53:02 AM »
If you're constantly getting the Merlin glitch then that's very unusually since it's a pretty rare thing, perhaps you can screenshot it when re-playing a replay or upload a replay of it?  :3 (some of her glitches are very cool and interesting to see  :derp:)

But yup, Drake covered it all   :)
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 05:04:45 AM »
Huh, I've never heard of someone triggering the bug often, and it actually has never happened to me. Hence I'm lead to believe that you actually faced one of the four Merlin patterns during stage 4. In the case the attacks you mentioned looked like one of the following, there has been no bug.
Opening nonspell (Only faced by Sakuya)
Second nonspell (Only faced by Sakuya)
Solo nonspell (Only faced if you damage Merlin the most during the first Spell Card)
Solo spellcard (Only faced if you damage Merlin the most during the first Spell Card)

The actual Merupo is, as Drake said, really rare. In the case this keeps happening to you, there could be something corrupted in the game files.