Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364488 times)

Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams
« Reply #750 on: August 01, 2017, 07:50:58 AM »
On the topic of unit's is there like a list of each character's strenghs and weaknesses? I know obvious ones like Keine and Nitori being tanks and Dai being a healer but thats about it... even Cirno and especially the 3 Fairies since they do so little damage it makes me wonder at their usefulness since i could invest in using other people for missions other than the fairies that are not named Daiyousei.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #751 on: August 01, 2017, 08:57:26 AM »
Yeah, Fury works, but you also have to consider that you might not have enough SP at this point, so it all comes down to planning the final assault.  It is still pretty easy to die if you just charge in and fail to break the bar in a turn.  The trouble is that auto-focus will eat SP away, which is most of the challenge for Sanae.

Even Moko is able to survive the hit from Summon Takeminakata, if he is not critical.
Just use the bonuses of the shrine.
Marisa and Alisa may have problems with the hitting chances (especially when Sanae uses Focus), Cirno somewhat alleviates this problem.

« Reply #752 on: August 01, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »
On the topic of unit's is there like a list of each character's strenghs and weaknesses? I know obvious ones like Keine and Nitori being tanks and Dai being a healer but thats about it... even Cirno and especially the 3 Fairies since they do so little damage it makes me wonder at their usefulness since i could invest in using other people for missions other than the fairies that are not named Daiyousei.

There isn't really a list ad you can use anyone with upgrades and not be punished for it unless your on Lunatic. Typically, some upgrades in their core needed attributes are needed and then that's it. In later games, late game 3 and 4, 5 upgrades in each stat is generally good for beating the game.

There isn't really a tier list, but Nitori just kinda is mediocre compared to other tanks, but in 4 she gets Double image and a very strong finisher so it evens out. Keine is one of your better tanks, and she gets very strong dps as well. Meiling is like God tier tank, she is super durable and can deal good damage as well. Elly is Meiling but weaker. Rumia is a deceptively weak unit who is rather strong defensively, and can deal good damage and is very cheap to field. She is one of the better cheap units so keep that in mind. Cirno and the 3 fairies are rather weak, but Cirno can get some good dps with her valor, and is very good for baiting. Dai is healer #1 and you should remember that always. The rest of the characters are veey obvious as to their worth, so I'm not gonna say anything about them here.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »
basically everyone but kurumi is at least usable on non-lunatic difficulties.

and even kurumi can kinda be patched up with WP.

« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »
Kurumi is definitely better than Nitori

« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »
The 3 fairies must have some redeeming feature, it just feels odd that they are so weak...
What is a "real type" because i have seen that word a lot... and how many "types" are there? I assume that these "types" could be used to group certain characters on what should be upgraded.

About Kurumi though she is very frail, i find one of her spirit abilities to be very useful ( the one which grants Gain on an allied unit ) it made my Reimu go from lvl 19-21 just before Sanae.
On an unrelated note, how HARD is Yukari? Because Flandre was something to say the least from what i remember and if i am having trouble in the earlygame...

Also Defense vs Evasion what is your overall opinion? When should i start prioratizing Evasion characters like Aya ( i assume she has a lot of evasion ) over characters with Defense like Keine?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »
There are generally 2 types of units, Reals and Supers:

Real units are focused on dodging attacks, they have high mobility, evasion and accuracy but low HP, armor and defense; they also tend to have more movement than supers. Reimu or Sanae would be examples of reals. For upgrades you generally just need to focus in increasing their mobility and MP.

Supers are focused on tanking attacks, their stats are basically the opposite, focusing in high armor and HP but low mobility; they tend to have expensive but very powerul finishers. Keine or Meiling would be supers. For upgrades they need armor, HP and MP.

Not all units fit exactly into those 2 types so it's more of a general reference, a unit that is somewhat inbetween would be Youmuu who is more of a Real but also has high armor allowing her to tank a few hits as well.

The 3 fairies are weak but cheap to deploy, their S size plus their friendship allows them to get significant boosts to their evasion and all 3 of them have defensive spirit commands so they are generally better used to distract enemies, they can also be used to proc Support Attacks off a stronger unit.

There's no particular reason to only focus on characters with high evasion or characters with high defense, you can generally use whoever you want (again, unless you're on lunatic). There are a few units that are on the weaker side like Aya in Mystic and
Spoiler:
Remilia and Suika
  in Eternal but even then as long as you give them a few upgrades/skills they work just fine.

« Reply #757 on: August 02, 2017, 09:59:04 PM »
Kurumi is definitely better than Nitori

If you play the Marisa rout, you can't leave these characters in any case.

« Reply #758 on: August 02, 2017, 11:03:25 PM »
Suika is actually strong if you patch up her b rank in air ( yume gives her an a rank normally so she's strong there) Remi is just mediocre. Yukari is a puzzle boss, and her damage wont 1hit anyone until later on in the fight, so not too hard. Nitori is strong when she's in a team with Hina. Also Daiyousei and like 3 othe characters have cheer so Kurumi is really just bad overall. The 3 fairies get a huge upgrade before the netherworld portion of the game, so look forward for that.

Edit -> don't prioritize one type of unit, support defend is invaluable on all difficulties. Use a mix of dodgers and tanks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:09:57 PM by LazorPagoda »

« Reply #759 on: August 02, 2017, 11:23:05 PM »
Suika is actually strong if you patch up her b rank in air ( yume gives her an a rank normally so she's strong there)

Suika is in any case strong, B-rank in the air only means -10% armor of accuracy and evasion (which in fact is not important, since she S-size)
If you look at it from the standpoint of fighting bosses - it's the character around which the attack is to be built (a huge amount of MP + the ability to make an LL-size ... in the future it is added by LLL and 激闘 which gives 144% of the damage from critical attacks)

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #760 on: August 03, 2017, 03:42:13 AM »
Please, Kurumi is actually quite helpful on Lunatic, plugging them to stop Guard and Evading.  Passing through Makura's Indian Amulet without needing to push more than 3 Fury Charged hits is really good on resources.  She only has like 18,000 HP even on Lunatic. it is so free with Kurumi.

She also gets Hope (期待), which rounds her up very nicely, since the final phase charges her up to give even more 50 SP refills to people, which is really good to give to hitter to throw at Makura during her thicc final phase, and as I said before, anything on hard/challenge and above can kill you if you manage to empty out on resources.

For Hard and above, it is important to build teams with Dodge/Tank composition more than friendship bonuses.  Every boss in the game has Strike, and does not care if you are dodgy or not.  There are more hipster builds like using Rare abilities like Hide (Yukari, Nue, Koishi, Rumia, Sunny) to avoid not getting targeted during the opponent's turn.  It's quite an important trick for Yorihime's Take-mikazuchi, since her AI usually targets the Ship with the 350% accuracy overflow and then it sinks; or in the 4th Game, where Yumeko just use Attack Again and ignore Support Defend on the 2nd hit.

« Reply #761 on: August 03, 2017, 08:17:40 AM »
Please, Kurumi is actually quite helpful on Lunatic, plugging them to stop Guard and Evading.  Passing through Makura's Indian Amulet without needing to push more than 3 Fury Charged hits is really good on resources.  She only has like 18,000 HP even on Lunatic. it is so free with Kurumi.

Or you can just use skill Yumeko (+1000 damage with critical) since it does not decrease in anyway.
Similar skill Shiki, but it is weaker (+500 damage)

It is to try to put them together, it will be 1500х2 at both critical?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:22:14 AM by Nikkanoffun »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #762 on: August 03, 2017, 08:53:54 PM »
Or you can just use skill Yumeko (+1000 damage with critical) since it does not decrease in anyway.
Similar skill Shiki, but it is weaker (+500 damage)

It is to try to put them together, it will be 1500х2 at both critical?

Indian Amulet Guard mode probably takes off more than just 1500 each hit though.

« Reply #763 on: August 03, 2017, 11:26:10 PM »
Indian Amulet Guard mode probably takes off more than just 1500 each hit though.

In general, this 2-3k without this skill. I had enough (Shinki+Yumeko) FPM + 4 assist + reactivation (since I moved them to the boss) and she lose her Hp bar on Hard.
Shinki made only one critical of the three, Yumeko did everything (I just chose attack with the highest chance of crit, the base damage was not important in this case)

« Reply #764 on: August 04, 2017, 06:44:26 AM »
Also kisumes 7 support defends are no joke, and seem downright godly. Speaking of Indian amulet,  I didn't bother with fielding kurumi, and took my time with the spell on normal, but I guess hard mode you can't do that then.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #765 on: August 06, 2017, 12:29:33 AM »
Also kisumes 7 support defends are no joke, and seem downright godly. Speaking of Indian amulet,  I didn't bother with fielding kurumi, and took my time with the spell on normal, but I guess hard mode you can't do that then.

Honestly, I'm not sure, but if this game retains Guard/Evade AI from the previous games on Lunatic, I don't care what you people say, I am packing Kurumi.
I saved most of my FPM on Great Dream, where I have to bum rush.  At least she cannot hurt you in Great Dream though, she tends to keep targeting my Eirin over and over, so her unit bypass is only a problem on Turn 1 of the spell.

« Reply #766 on: August 06, 2017, 02:42:52 AM »
 Well, in previous games (at the very least on hard mode) the AI only evaded/defended if your unit was out of range or your attack would kill them, however,  this didn't take into acount support attacks or attacks from your backrow character so you could cheese the AI by using an attack that left them at just enough HP for the support attack to finish them, not sure if it still works that way though.

Kurumi actually seems pretty decent in Dream, she's still trash at combat but now she has a bunch of useful support spirits (ex: Attune), and if I'm not wrong also gets a new PS that let's her cast Strike and Flash on any ally unit twice per stage which is pretty good.

Btw is Hard/Challenge a reasonable difficulty for a carryover save in Hard from Eternal, or should I go just for Hard/Standard and leave Challenge for New Game+?

« Reply #767 on: August 06, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
Btw is Hard/Challenge a reasonable difficulty for a carryover save in Hard from Eternal, or should I go just for Hard/Standard and leave Challenge for New Game+?

I think that Challenge makes sense on NG + (if you do not have full updates to try to get through Lunatic) or as a final fight.
Otherwise, you get more threatening enemies in exchange for more points, which in no way will help you. Bonus points are simply not proportional to the updates of the opponent.
Of course I mean Hard.

On Normal, you can try. This would be very interesting for the first game, if the AI is more aggressively tuned (I'm nervous that on the Hard some enemies ignore 0%).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:47:56 PM by Nikkanoffun »

« Reply #768 on: August 07, 2017, 01:26:24 AM »
 I just beat Tenshi on Hard/Challenge and I think I'll stick with the standard difficulty, mainly because I feel the WPs that involve turn restrictions are too unforgiving with how high the enemies stats get on Challenge ( for a first time playthrough anyway).

« Reply #769 on: August 07, 2017, 01:31:44 AM »
Hard/challenge is pretty much Lunatic. I guess Kurumi is more usefull in this game, but I never use her because I choose way too many 3.5s and I never have enough room.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #770 on: August 07, 2017, 05:22:34 AM »
I just beat Tenshi on Hard/Challenge and I think I'll stick with the standard difficulty, mainly because I feel the WPs that involve turn restrictions are too unforgiving with how high the enemies stats get on Challenge ( for a first time playthrough anyway).

Doing that mode here is like trying to piss off Yorihime in the first run of the 3rd game, don't.
It should not stop you from trying it later on though, it's quite fun.

All turn restrictions based WP in third game and on is easily done with Yukari Ship Warp combo.  The only exception is Koishi's stage, where Komachi with Infinite Range PS and Yuyuko with Insta-Death PS is needed.

Hard/challenge is pretty much Lunatic. I guess Kurumi is more usefull in this game, but I never use her because I choose way too many 3.5s and I never have enough room.

I think Lunatic has just slightly more upgrades than Hard/Challenge, but all the AI goes completely crossed as I stated. 

Kappas, and King Demon Eye casts Faith on bosses, it is not so much a problem for Shikeiki Stage.
However, it is a problem for Shinki Stage for sure, since all 4 of those bastards has their -1000 HP Field, and even after you deal with all those bats, Yumeko, 4 Eyes, there is still the one that she spawns from Demon's Gospel.  I think with some sort of one turn break plan, you can work around it.  But to be honest, everything that comes before Shinki is much harder than Shinki herself.  Hell, I am almost sure that the Eyes can full heal the bats if they are rear death.

Also, I wonder if the Sheeps in the defend Eientei Stage have triple move, or may be it is reserved for the late game white sheeps in the dream world and over.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:39:19 AM by c l e a r »

« Reply #771 on: August 08, 2017, 03:23:01 AM »
Tribute stage done, I kinda used the catfish as an exp pi?ata. Marisa with the Shinki book, mp fub and I think the reactor has about 600 mp, and all of it goes straight to damage. On the Makura spell that switches hp and mp, you can totally use Marisa to kill it in about 1 hit. You'll just miss out on danmaku powe maximum for the final phase.

EDIT: she did around 44k there, and I had to use Mima to trigger a FPM, otherwise the catfish was going to defend.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:27:27 AM by LazorPagoda »

« Reply #772 on: August 08, 2017, 10:26:47 PM »
35-40k average damage from Marisa (I was going through Hit and Away or not + 20% close range damage) However, Reimu still shows more stable damage.
I seriously thought that would remove + 20% close range damage it in favor of Morale (this gives 10% damage and 15% crit chance at the 2lvl, but it does not only work when SHE attacks) they should have included the work of this skill in any case...

« Reply #773 on: August 09, 2017, 01:40:35 AM »
35-40k average damage from Marisa (I was going through Hit and Away or not + 20% close range damage) However, Reimu still shows more stable damage.
I seriously thought that would remove + 20% close range damage it in favor of Morale (this gives 10% damage and 15% crit chance at the 2lvl, but it does not only work when SHE attacks) they should have included the work of this skill in any case...

Wait, does Morale actually give those stats? If so, I might need to tack that onto people more often.

I am so not looking forward to Yuuka, as her bull is just not fun. I might just disintegrate one of her phases with Marisa and call it a day.

« Reply #774 on: August 09, 2017, 08:21:27 AM »
Wait, does Morale actually give those stats? If so, I might need to tack that onto people more often.

It gives +20 statistics of the shoot and melee, which is approximately equal +10% final damage.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #775 on: August 09, 2017, 11:58:28 PM »

I am so not looking forward to Yuuka, as her bull is just not fun. I might just disintegrate one of her phases with Marisa and call it a day.

Double Spark is easy once you figure out the trick to beating it.
Although, I really would like to see a way to make the middle clone Yuuka the final one to take down, as it is closest to the main crew and she is in the air, which makes the fight a hell lot more easier.

New Impossible Request "Suwako's Hat"   :V

EDIT: So it turns out Meeko (Dreaming)'s "Do Youkai Sheep dream of Gensokyo?" nukes twice, may be I just forgot about it.  The challenge that I did not bother to do last time, and tried to do it here, is to get the WP, and somehow survive the incoming spell while I capture it.  Two ways of this working is, since she does not have HP Regen anymore, I can put her to absolute lowest health, and try to capture it on her last turn before it expires.  Or, I should test if tempering with a bomb on Meeko screws with her AI so that she only does it once.  It worked for Tenshi on Lunatic in the demo, so may be it will work here?

Nope she just flips her shit and everything dies anyways, fuck.  So what this means is, in order to get the WP, AND survive, is to clear the WP requirement on Turn 2 of Infinite Sheep, and set up so Meeko nearly spell breaks, so I can bum rush the MAP.  Man, do I really have to bust out all my MAPs just to win this again?

Probably the only Map where the infinite range is very helpful.

wew mom, can you give me some of that HP?  This might be 120,000 HP on Lunatic.
To give you an idea how absurd Native Faith's Pinnacle (with waifu unit of course) and Danamaku Power MAX are, my team pushed an additional 96,000 HP from the MAP spell before on the same turn.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:57:37 PM by c l e a r »

« Reply #776 on: August 11, 2017, 12:15:22 AM »
Nope she just flips her shit and everything dies anyways, fuck.  So what this means is, in order to get the WP, AND survive, is to clear the WP requirement on Turn 2 of Infinite Sheep, and set up so Meeko nearly spell breaks, so I can bum rush the MAP.  Man, do I really have to bust out all my MAPs just to win this again?

What for? Your units must be able to kill one opponent for their turn (Sanae can destroy respawn White Sheep with MAP attacks).
I did not even use Suvako ... in general this chapter is more about the fact that you have to pull up those who are definitely needed in the next chapter. Almost all of whom I took wanted to take level up and PP.

Although, for some reason at the time of the enemy phase, the script hangs up if you shoot down all sheep. So I had to save one.

In any case, yes, you need two complete phases, if you make a mistake and break its spell card at the at the end of your phase - you definitely get its MAP attack if you want to execute the WP.

I'm not sure that Yorihime or Toyohime can kill White Sheep with their MAP attack.
Yorihime has too weak base damage, Toyohime does not have a Hot Blood or Soul.
Mystia could make adjustments, but who uses she?

It is also very interesting, what Satori is capable of if she copies Last Word Yukari or Сombo attack Reimu and Marisa.
+50% damage power is really tempting (I used it on Yuuka without access to Hot Blood, she made Final Spark stronger than Marisa)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:50:36 AM by Nikkanoffun »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #777 on: August 11, 2017, 03:01:47 AM »
What for? Your units must be able to kill one opponent for their turn (Sanae can destroy respawn White Sheep with MAP attacks).
I did not even use Suvako ... in general this chapter is more about the fact that you have to pull up those who are definitely needed in the next chapter. Almost all of whom I took wanted to take level up and PP.

She would probably be used for the sake of that extra buffer damage on Lunatic.

Although, for some reason at the time of the enemy phase, the script hangs up if you shoot down all sheep. So I had to save one.

In any case, yes, you need two complete phases, if you make a mistake and break its spell card at the at the end of your phase - you definitely get its MAP attack if you want to execute the WP.
That happened to me, all you have to do is engage combat with Meeko and her danmaku will reset again.

I just MAX Spark'd her MAP phase down and nail her twice with Parasee support twice, and then since everyone that remain does crits and has S-Tier Terrain, I blew her away on the same turn.

I'm not sure that Yorihime or Toyohime can kill White Sheep with their MAP attack.
Yorihime has too weak base damage, Toyohime does not have a Hot Blood or Soul.
Mystia could make adjustments, but who uses she?

Toyohime is just used in the beginning with a dance spam to 150 Morale. shoot a Triumph powered Ideon Gun.  Resupply and Enable, do it again.  Next turn, do 1 more to kill the red sheep.
Move to the northern line, do the same as before.  With enough Extend L2s and Cookies to act as buffer for later on, all save a single black sheep is gone by Turn 4.

As for Yorihime, I shot off a Soul Amaterasu off 5 White Sheeps, use enable, Amaterasu again.  At least Meeko was in range, so she took a nice chuck of damage.
FMW making it so that these charge damages cannot get a crit makes these spirits really bad, but still has to be used in Lunatic.

It is also very interesting, what Satori is capable of if she copies Last Word Yukari or Сombo attack Reimu and Marisa.
+50% damage power is really tempting (I used it on Yuuka without access to Hot Blood, she made Final Spark stronger than Marisa)

Is it that good I wonder, I guess I should try it since I plan to use Satori again in the final fight as my Attune SP pool.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:03:43 AM by c l e a r »

« Reply #778 on: August 11, 2017, 04:48:49 AM »
Yorihimes base damage isn't that low, it's pretty strong from what I've seen. Toyohime has pretty solid base damage, about the same base on her finisher as Yuyuko, so its not that bad. Satori can get some very high numbers on her recollections, with how the weapon upgrades and other things factor in. Kinda makes me wanna see how a max Satori will do

« Reply #779 on: August 11, 2017, 08:58:29 AM »
Looking through the Japanese Wiki, I noticed a rather interesting moment with assist attack http://wikiwiki.jp/gensyou/?%C6%C3%BC%EC%B5%BB%C7%BD%A1%A6%CC%B4#r65a8d40.
I think consider Ran as the best assistant, since she has the ability to give her + 30% damage from assist and support attack. If you equip with her Onishirasama and give she 2lvl assist attack , she must do 110% damage, ao with her skill of actually will give her 140% final damage from assist?

UPD:

It's time for a new patch:
The second attack Shikieiki *ギルティ・オワ・ノットギルティ* now takes the correct shoting stat.
Skill point for the chapter *Nightmare Gensokyo* changed from *Destroy 35 nightmares in 10 turns* on *Destroy 30 nightmares in 12 turns * ... Strangely, but it was quite real by the 9th turns even Hard.
Bosses no longer use 直撃 against neighbor blocks with support defense (?) from Hard.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:31:53 PM by Nikkanoffun »