Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 367747 times)

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Spoiler:
Makura looks like fun, 7 cards?
Can I get the run down of her card effects?

I might need info for who to bring, cause I am allowed to bring nearly everyone, there must be a catch for it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:06:01 PM by c l e a r »

Spoiler:
i just defeated Yuuka and id like to ask how are you supposed to capture all of her spell cards?
. anyway so far my MVP's has been Reimu, Sakuya and Marisa while the horai crew keeps being a great help specially Kaguya who keeps tanking with her barrier to protect either Reisen or Mokou. also those makai bugs were the most annoying generics i ever saw they are the reason why Tenshi got a per ma slot on my party.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Spoiler:
i just defeated Yuuka and id like to ask how are you supposed to capture all of her spell cards?
. anyway so far my MVP's has been Reimu, Sakuya and Marisa while the horai crew keeps being a great help specially Kaguya who keeps tanking with her barrier to protect either Reisen or Mokou. also those makai bugs were the most annoying generics i ever saw they are the reason why Tenshi got a per ma slot on my party.

Spoiler:
I used this strat for Yuuka on hard, practically fail proof on hard and below.  Have these ready:
Anyone that is a hitter in this stage must have Fury, otherwise they cannot hit Yuuka for shit.
Marisa with PS: Danmaku Power maximum, throw a Makai Grimoire on her.
Eirin with Resupply (the Passive) and Resupply (the seishin)
Elly or Yaname with Tile Damaku, or Spider Web respectively.
Aya/Yukari with the teleport ship combo.  Aya with Tengu Feather, and Tengu clogs, Yukari with Spiriting Away PS (Warps any unit towards Yukari)
Use Fairies/Prismrivers separate (not the leaders) as free units to trigger Support Attacks, or use bombs.

Turn 1, and 2 hundle around together, use Meryrin's power up/Yuyuko + Doll crashing Dance combo to gain quick power.
Aya/Yukari combo fly away with Yukari casting Hide every turn, collect the bomb from the fairy on the way up.
Pile everyone on the ship by the end of Turn 2.  Get Aya/Yukari very near Yuka.

Turn 3, warp the ship over, deploy everyone and hundle around Yuuka, put everyone on the line, or above Yuuka.

Put her at low health, but not start her spell.  On higher difficulties, be sure to use tanks as the front as she will use Master Spark with Valor and Strike. 

Turn 4, start the spell, get the WP.  Spell effect is: Yuka can pass unit placements, and all your defensive casts are useless.  Use a bomb, and attack, but again, do not kill her.  If you did not hit Yuuka with the bomb, be sure to use Elly or Yaname to stick her in place.

Turn 5, Break Gensokyo's Reflowering, Double Spark makes 3 more Yuuka clones, Align Marisa and other sniper unit on one side, Reimu's team and Yorihime's team on the other side, wait there.  Rest of the forces (except for 1 unit) MUST take out Top Yuuka, otherwise you will eat a Double Spark MAP in the face. The last unit NEEDS to bomb the other middle Yuka, otherwise she makes more clones.  Pass the turn.

Turn 6, Use Marisa's Damaku Power Maximum, cast Courage, you should be able to OHKO the Yuuka clone, if not, the 2nd sniper you have for safety can get her.  alternatively, use Full Power mode.  Have Reimu team and Yorihime team take down the last Yuuka clone.  Finally, kill the middle main caster Yuka.  Bomb Yuka off Nightmare Spark's effect for safety, but you can safely take her out that turn.

If you did everything correctly, you would have no MAPs that hit you pass here if you never put any units south of Yuuka.  Be sure to stick her in place during Beauty of Nature, as she likes to move around that spell, and just bum rush Four Seasons Flower Master.

I hope this helps.

Spoiler:
Anyone that is a hitter in this stage must have Fury, otherwise they cannot hit Yuuka for shit.

Well, you can still take Hina, with her curse she can make Yuuka absolutely defenseless for 2 any cards.

yeah it should help a lot in my next playthrough thanks. also what lvl does Hina gets this curse?.
Spoiler:
and does the last 2 stages weaken Remilia if she doesn't equip the parasol?.

Spoiler:
Makura's first card warps her everytime you hit her, but she returns to her first spot. Tobe be completely honest, I just blew through her cards so I don't remeber all, but she has another where she defends, takes only 40% damage, and regens to max, another she is invincible until you kill all her summons, and she damages mp instead of hp. Her last bar I don't wanna spoil as its totally epic, but it looks like a pain in the *ss on hard and lunatic.

Edit ->
Spoiler:
I totally forgot, but she also has mone where she mega inflates your mp, (Marisa had 420 normally, 4200 under the cards effect.)
But your hp is in the 300 range, so it's really dumb card. Bomb or leave her field. Her animations are all really good, I say you should watch them all. ( the mp drain one changes depending on the character it hits, I won't spoil though)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:06:07 PM by LazorPagoda »

yeah it should help a lot in my next playthrough thanks. also what lvl does Hina gets this curse?.

Blocks the effect of all the skills that have a chance of triggering (Bunshin, Shield Defense, Parrying) although Counter for some reason fires.

Spoiler:
Makura's first card warps her everytime you hit her, but she returns to her first spot. Tobe be completely honest, I just blew through her cards so I don't remeber all, but she has another where she defends, takes only 40% damage, and regens to max, another she is invincible until you kill all her summons, and she damages mp instead of hp. Her last bar I don't wanna spoil as its totally epic, but it looks like a pain in the *ss on hard and lunatic.

Edit ->
Spoiler:
I totally forgot, but she also has mone where she mega inflates your mp, (Marisa had 420 normally, 4200 under the cards effect.)
But your hp is in the 300 range, so it's really dumb card. Bomb or leave her field. Her animations are all really good, I say you should watch them all. ( the mp drain one changes depending on the character it hits, I won't spoil though)

Spoiler:
That's because she just swaps ally units HP and MP around. Speaking of, what happens if a unit has 0 MP when that spell ends? Logically Marisa would be the only one able to do this with her Danmaku Power MAX skill.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Spoiler:
That's because she just swaps ally units HP and MP around. Speaking of, what happens if a unit has 0 MP when that spell ends? Logically Marisa would be the only one able to do this with her Danmaku Power MAX skill.

I think it would just make it 1, but if she is going to do that for us, she is just making that card real easy, unless it is to bait me to use the one time blast.
Also, defend only?  Time to bring kurumi.

How does the
Spoiler:
warping work?  does she just go next to someone every hit?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:31:59 PM by c l e a r »

To the account of the Scarlet Mansion Dragon Meiling, her Support Defense is not canceled by anything in the player phase (since it is considered support attack), so you can in particular make 4 strong attacks in the boss without losing your character.

As well as Ghostly Butterfly Dance+ Yuyuko is calculated from her Shield Defense, and is not canceled by Strike.

Spoiler:
She warps around some fields she summoms, and it's static which ones she goes in. Just hit her enough and she will return to middle. I used the marisa max power ps, and he was left with 10 hp after that.
Spoiler:

So I'm in my second playthrough and about to start Chapter 67, and I've got Wriggle at L56, Rumia, Cirno, Daiyousei, and Letty at L57, the Three Fairies at L59, Mystia at L61, and Tenshi at L62. How far should I level them up before they can hold their own in the chapters that they are force-deployed in?

id say that the 3 fairies are at an adequate lvl. for Dai id say around lvl 60. for the rest id say around lvl 65-70.

Those levels sound good, just don't be like me and leave Elly and Kurumi at level 28 :/ Use the Item Nue gives you, it doubles exp and stacks with gain. (You COULD partner them with Keine,  her exp boost field might help a little bit.)

yeah glad to see i am not the only one who kinda forgot to lvl Kurumi at least she was able to catch up thanks to Erin's Support attacking to finish the enemies.

Spoiler:
anyway i just defeated Meeko and i am kinda feeling like an  ass for just blasting through her last 3 spell cards in one turn especially with how determinate she was looking while i was crushing her without giving her chance to fight back. all thought i really like when a boss shows this kind of determination like Sakuya, Youmu and Keine did in the previous games. its a shame that i cant read Japanese the plot looks really interesting.

In this part of the game there will be quite a few chapters where you simply are confronted by a crowd of ordinary enemies (without any bosses, or with a mini-boss) who do not require you to clear it in a short time.
So you can safely take those whom you find useful in the future (most useful skills / final seishins come at 65 level)

Spoiler:
anyway i just defeated Meeko and i am kinda feeling like an  ass for just blasting through her last 3 spell cards in one turn especially with how determinate she was looking while i was crushing her without giving her chance to fight back. all thought i really like when a boss shows this kind of determination like Sakuya, Youmu and Keine did in the previous games. its a shame that i cant read Japanese the plot looks really interesting.
Spoiler:
Consider this a pay for all the pain that it brought (just remember how many characters she tried to kill)
In any case, she just wanted Makura's dream come true. Nothing special.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:50:05 PM by Nikkanoffun »

Spoiler:
  yeah kinda guessed hers reason would be something like that but what's the reason for the whole Yukari vs Yuuka fight?.

Spoiler:
Yuuka takes issue with the way Yukari is trying to guide humans and youkai into coexistence through what Yuuka sees as "force" (if you think about it in a Nurture vs Nature way Yuuka would be on the side of Nature while Yukari would favor Nurture). Yuuka thinks that if there should ever be coexistence between humans and youkai it should happen on its own and not as a result of these crazy spell card rules Yukari had everyone agree to. Also something about Yukari not being able to accept Yuyuko's death as Yuuka thinks there's beauty in death as well (her final spellcard is basically her dying but then being reborn).

But then Yukari shoots her with a billion bullets and Yuuka is ok with it.

Spoiler:
Phantasm, Foam and Shadow is probably one of my favorite new attacks in this game, it totally badass. I forgot where, but I read a translation for the battle dialogue, and dang it was dramatic. I also just figured out why there's so many 1 ammo attacks. They're last words :/, meant for FPM. Who ever is gonna translate this game, it's gonna be a hell of a job, as there is (I think) a Seiga cameo, (mabye another series?!?!) And each character has their own dialogue if they finished off Makura. EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER.

Spoiler:
  SINGLE CHARACTER.
Rumia has a special dialogue for every boss in this game (when she attacks Night Bird, telling what the character smells)
Why not?)

So how do you get the WP in Chapter 71? The danmaku barrier casting Evil Eyes are really annoying, and the large spirits are a hassle to wear down, not to mention Support Defending spirits...

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
You can use Parsee and Remilia to disable their danmaku or Tewi and Kogasa to taunt them to draw them closer to you.
Alternatively you can use Hatate with her peerless focused movement range to just pass through the danmaku and take them out.
She can get to 6 focus move with the Tengu Mask without any further investment.

And on the topic of Remilia: She pairs beautifully with Rumia to cover the poor movement of her. I often had Remi with her +2 movement personal and an item to further increase it. That plus accel (or just accel) really helps Rumia out and in turn Rumia provides the Night terrain for Remi, which powers up her strongest attack even more than just by Remi getting better terrains since the weapon itself has an S in Night. Remi is right up there with Aya for people you want when you want to get somewhere quickly.

I called that item "Eternal Yonder" way before the Ei translation patch was out. Translations for Kou to Ei should be (still) accurate on Akurasu, though not in the OP I suppose.
Correct, my translations aren't accurate and I mostly just make them up out of context and what little I can read.

Also thanks at nyttyn, I've incorporated your information into the compilation. I had some of them already but probably jst didn't update it yet. v:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 04:07:59 AM by Yookie »

that sure was interesting to hear that it explains why Yukari said that she and Yuuka wouldn't be able to see eye to eye way back in You.
Spoiler:
this talk about special dialogues makes me wonder what are Youmu's special attack dialogue to Nue,Eiki,Yuuka,Yorihime,Shinki,Mokou and Tenshi?

There is alot of special dialogues, and I hope this game can get a full translation.
Spoiler:
the thing with Kogasa is she's a real that has lots of armor, but not much hp. I never found use for the pressure spirit, I just sniped problematic fields with Eirin. You did a good job with item translations, the people who translater Gensou Wanderer made Rumia into Lumia :/. Is Tewi now the ultimate bait? She taunts, and gets free support defends. Too bad she's a really bad unit. Once more, how do you capture the 1st spell in the Satori and Koishi drama map?

that sure was interesting to hear that it explains why Yukari said that she and Yuuka wouldn't be able to see eye to eye way back in You.

In  chapter 霊夢VS魔理沙, you can find out that Yukari and Yuuka to were friends ... but something went wrong. They are old enough not to figure out the relationship in public, but this point at which this was to be done.

Spoiler:
This same problem of interaction between Human and Youkai (you could clearly see it in relation Nue from Murasah and Ichirin) it affects both young and old youkai.
In this case, Yuuka is a cold incarnation of nature that does not know the feelings of empathy. Yukari - youkai which carries these feelings.

UPD: I note that the game began to make more use of the sniper version of the battle (bosses no longer choose defense / evasion if they cannot answer) and the FPM remove penalty from distance.
However, I always liked to approach as close as possible and do maximum damage.
In the Ei, I mostly used Marisa's Burning Star ... and used the Final Spark for 2-3 times per game. In contrast to this part.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:01:32 PM by Nikkanoffun »

Well then, time to deal with that one chapter, Chapter 73. I really need a plan here to get the WP. I've got Team 9 and Letty at L66, Reimu, Yukari, Sanae, Kanako, Alice,
Spoiler:
Shinki
, the Prismrivers, Orin, and the ship at L73, Youmu, Yuyuko, Okuu, Satori, Koishi, Shou,
Spoiler:
Byakuren, Yorihime, Toyohime,
and
Spoiler:
Hisoutensoku
at L72, and Eirin, Marisa and Mima at L75 in my party at this time.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Spoiler:
Once more, how do you capture the 1st spell in the Satori and Koishi drama map?
Spoiler:
Move next to her and talk to her

Kaguya can impose an effect 不屈 on all the characters standing in front. Given that it does not disappear when graze ... is it absurd?

id say yes it is. she also has the cheapest enable spirit and a ps to reduce its cost. what does Erin's new ps do? i didn't have much chance to test it since i always kept her default one.

Yeah, that new skill is wierd. It looks like it has something to do with the sealed room spell. Chen also has a wierd skill, it looks like it says auto cast zeal, but I'm not sure