Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364953 times)

Uh... does somebody know how to cheat items into GST You?   ;)

I can't increase the max number of the items so they end up getting reset if I save and reload.
Too bad I can't carry over the 99999 items I had of everything in GST Kou.

Man, am I missing something about Tenshi?

Well, I can say that you underestimate her, she is one of those characters who will receive the most attention in this game.

Only Scarlet and Dream have no anti-cheat checking, and you can only keep 255 items in the latter.

Tenshi is for defense rather than attacking, but since defense is much less significant in Dream than in Ei (very few enemies here are as dangerous as berserk Utsuho), there are way better unit choices at least on Normal. It is not very useful to have an attack that does only 200 more damage but uses 10 more MP. Besides, the units you get near the end are honestly overpowered, except
Spoiler:
Mima and Yuuka, because they were not customized when you got them in Ei, and the game will not do it for you
; I would easily pick
Spoiler:
Yumeko
or Nue over Tenshi. Or Yuugi. Or even Medicine. I was quick enough to defeat
Spoiler:
the Big Catfish in Stage 74
with her before the 1.0.3 patch fixed it.

Digging Medicine's theme a lot by the way.

Man, am I missing something about Tenshi?
Spoiler:
She seems to be really lackluster over-all. Her hit rate and accuracy are both crap, her health is lacking for such, and she has her attacks split between both ammo AND MP, but severe economy issues with both. Combined with damage that doesn't really compare to other 3 costs, and a pretty crappy assist attack... Is there something I'm missing about her?

I never saw a problem with her. She was always at the head of my offense. She was weirdly dodgy though. She has alot of armor and defense, so having less hp than Meiling and YukarI and such is not bad. The only new character I was dissapointed about was Iku, and only because her always graze passive was removed. It was for the best though.

Tenshi is for defense rather than attacking, but since defense is much less significant in Dream than in Ei (very few enemies here are as dangerous as berserk Utsuho), there are way better unit choices at least on Normal.

Seriously, this is a pretty easy final fight.
You have Orin (which Utsuho does not touch, which means she can safely use bombs)
You have Nue with 2 attempts to use Noise (maximum chance of hit is not higher than 50%)

I have not yet tried the 4th part, but based on Demo - the difference in difficulty is Normal and Hard is much higher than before, thanks to the bosses using Seishins.

Oh yeah, AI starts to try to ignore 0% hit chance. You know, it can be very stressful.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:17:07 PM by Nikkanoffun »

So is there any way to rout the enemy in Chapter 70? The first time I cleared this chapter I spammed spirits on Sanae and
Spoiler:
Yorihime
to force
Spoiler:
Meeko
to retreat.

I paired up Reimu and Sanae, kept using Zeal and Enable plus the Ei clear bonus item, and then killed 10 sheep or so using
Spoiler:
God's Wind
. I think I routed that enemy on the same turn the player reinforcements arrive, which is not really difficult either thanks to the other MAP weapons you have. Did that a lot in Alpha 3.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Anyone can tell me where I can buy the game?  No luck in finding it.

So is there any way to rout the enemy in Chapter 70? The first time I cleared this chapter I spammed spirits on Sanae and
Spoiler:
Yorihime
to force
Spoiler:
Meeko
to retreat.

I had trouble ad well, but a basic blockade works. My maxed koishi 1 hit all the generics, and I just slowly killed them all.

EDIT: Also, I used Koishi to deal like 10k damage to murder
Spoiler:
Meeko
Just use anyone with barrier pierce and valor.
Spoiler:
Byakuren in her super mode, Yuugi, Flan, Yori and Toyo, Shinki and Alice/Yumeko, Mima, Yukari, Koishi, Okuu, Eiki, Tenshi and Iku, Mokou, Youmu, etc
are all characters who can easily do this task because of their high damage output. I guess Sanae as well can fit in there as well.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:12:00 AM by LazorPagoda »

big damage

Hard mode is really awful this time around. That chapter in Makai with all the bats was disgusting. Good game though, here's hoping Sanbondo sticks around long enough to pull everything together for a complete edition.

one question that i have is which of the returning characters start with new moves? i still didn't have enough time to play beyond the chapter 56 and i liked the few i have currently seen.

Good game though, here's hoping Sanbondo sticks around long enough to pull everything together for a complete edition.

At the moment, this is not even in their plans. They were asked many times.

one question that i have is which of the returning characters start with new moves? i still didn't have enough time to play beyond the chapter 56 and i liked the few i have currently seen.

All I know is Parsed has two. The rest of the cast gets more attacks throught the game, so look forward to it!

Anyone can tell me where I can buy the game?  No luck in finding it.

I just went to Sanbondo's site, and went to his blog. There the game is for about 2k yen. I could post a link for it if you want.

I just went to Sanbondo's site, and went to his blog. There the game is for about 2k yen. I could post a link for it if you want.

These sales only for the festival, now the game cannot be bought yet, you need to wait a month ... or more. Then it will go on a free sale.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
I-

think I might be in a unwinnable situation in my save file. I haven't touched the fairy units at all since I got them, and none of them are greater than level 30 (cirno in particular is level 18), and none of them have investment (beyond cirno's free upgrades). So the three fairies can't kill the 2x action white sheep before it crosses the line (cirno, dai, and lily can't even scratch it). training doesnt raise them high enough, and i can't game over grind because they can't kill any units with them.

fuck.

while i haven't reached this stage yet isn't there anyone with mercy that you can deploy or are you locked into only using the fairy units?

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
nevermind i just solved the issue by having yukari take a zeal accel turn, gap reimu over, and having reimu zeal accel.

god bless zeal.

Any chapters where I can train up underleveled units without hindering WP?

There are quite a few stages with no time limits where you can have your underleveled units go to town on the grunt enemies, but the easiest solution is to just stick them at the back of a pair with a nice strong character like Reimu. Let said character slaughter a bunch of enemies, and whoever's behind them will get to mooch off the resulting exp.

The route split stages (59-61) are a good place to start. They're basically designed to get your bench back up to speed. You can deploy your entire party, and all three stages are relatively forgiving, with no time limits and reasonably weak enemies.

I appear to be missing 215 wp, as such I can't reach all 10 levels of wp. I couldnt carry my save from ei over. I only played You, and Ei previously, but my You save I had lost during a freak accident with anti virus. Is this 215 only attainable in the first 3 games? Or does the game automatically give you all the wp?

Updating the personal skill lists on Akurasu. Some discoveries:

• Marisa's "Speed Star" was supposed to go up to L3 in Ei, increasing accuracy and evasion by 35% while using 30 MP. She never reached L3, and in Dream L2 does the same thing as L1.
  • Marisa's
    Spoiler:
    "Danmaku Power Maximum" does not increase damage if she has 74 or less MP. She does triple damage with 624 or more MP. This is what I could achieve with the debug savestate (even on a normal run it may still be possible to do over 100k damage)
  • Flandre's "Together with Remi" never reaches L2, which increases the friendship bonus from Remilia by 5 instead of 3.
  • Rei'sen's
    Spoiler:
    "All-out Barrage" increases the damage of 30mm Sword Gatling by 5% per extra ammo, and Satellite Shooting by 50% if there are 2 shots remaining (75% if there are 3 due to B-Save). It does not affect Superportable Neutron Launcher
  • Yorihime's
    Spoiler:
    Takemikazuchi does 150% damage at 200% accuracy, and 200% damage at 300% accuracy; after that it approaches a maximum of 250% damage.

I also finished the unit abilities.

I appear to be missing 215 wp, as such I can't reach all 10 levels of wp. I couldnt carry my save from ei over. I only played You, and Ei previously, but my You save I had lost during a freak accident with anti virus. Is this 215 only attainable in the first 3 games? Or does the game automatically give you all the wp?

If you start a new game you only get 550 WP (i.e. no WP bonuses), but 825 WP on a game clear save (i.e. all WP bonuses).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 09:25:27 AM by HertzDevil »

Ok, of that's true, I might go replay You and Ei. Kou just seems too painful to play. I canr thank you enough for compiling everthing Hertz. The final boss having 240k hp on easy was a suprise, but still a doable challenge.

I wouldn't recommend skipping Kou. It's actually a lot of fun, and I'd certainly suggest giving it a try if you haven't played it yet.

You're pretty severely limited at times due to having a mere nine units, many of which are rather weak, as well as a severely anemic cash supply, but that's really part of the fun. It forces you to think outside the box and make the most of what you have.

If PP or kill count goes over 32767, it becomes negative in a stage since intermission saves read it unsigned but quicksaves read it signed.

On the other hand, Alice has an unused weapon again (remember when early versions of Ei gave her a second form?). This time it is Seeker Wire:

The weapon has no dialogs yet, but the animation is ready and does damage enemies. Also there seem to be no ways to make it go vertically and then horizontally, but otherwise this seems a reasonable MAP weapon to have.

And some more unused personal skills:

• Spoiler:
    Shinki's 精神創造 is like the Dream spirit command, except it can be cast on anyone, not just self. It is not implemented.
  • Ran and Yukari's unused skill from Ei that resurrects Chen / Ran once per map is still here.
  • Yukari has a yet unnamed skill, 2 uses per map, that allows all friendship bonuses and combination attacks regardless of distance. Probably too broken.
  • Eirin has a yet unnamed skill that increases damage dealt to enemies further away.
  • Iku's 空気の読める女 turns Adapt into Adapt+.
  • Parsee's 勇パル枠 casts Accel and Yell to both units in the team.
  • Satori's
    Spoiler:
    うろおぼえの弾幕 removes the MP cost of Recollection but lowers the ammo; her 蘇るトラウマ allows Recollection to inflict the original damage value for the next attack. Additionally her spell card thing from Stage 64 is in fact a yet unnamed personal skill that allows her to copy any sub-unit weapon for the entire stage
  • Shou's 正義 halves weapon MP costs for 1 turn.
  • Luna and Star's いつでも三人組 allows them to use Three Fairies even when separated (not Sunny). It is slightly weaker, but costs 40 MP instead of 60. The animation has no dialog and just plays the combined version right away.

That said, I am not going to use all of FMW I's translations verbatim on Akurasu, because I personally think they are inconsistent and sometimes unclear. Either Dream's translators will pick up my partial work there, or someone else is going to revert them to "official" wordings later if and when such a patch is released.

I'm not sure about playing Kou only because of everyone who I've seen play it struggled way too much. I've tried to move over an Ei save that had Sanae with 1050 kills on it, but it won't let me load it. I've done no save modifications or cheats, so I don't think it's anything like that. I'm using the latest version of Ei as well. It even shows where the save should be, but it's just an empty slot. Any help there?

I could diagnose the save file if you would upload it somewhere (or point me to the original source).

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
Kou isn't so much difficult or bad as it is unwieldy and unrefined, what with it lacking a lot of seemingly obvious features like being able to swap between characters from their displays with L and R.
Some models look a bit weird, upgrades are strange, personal skills only unlock with WP levels and you have a super small roster of characters (Though the number of your playable characters goes nicely with the song "And then there was none" is referencing).
I've played it quite a few times before the second game was released but I wouldn't necessarily want to go back to it now.
It should be played once at least.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:50:53 AM by Yookie »

I do not know about the difficulty (I was trying to start with Normal, but it was too easy, I quickly became not interested) Hard is pretty well balanced, well, you know ... I've seen quite a lot of those who played on Normal - the game goes through even if you are too lazy to think about your actions, even without a special understanding of what your characters want. On Hard there are crazy moments (like ignoring 0% hit chances) but in any case. The only thing I wanted to change in Kou - the number of points for opponents, if they were raised to the level of the remaining parts, it would be wonderful. I feel a strong lack of points for almost the entire game.
Аnd I like to replayed Kou, this is part of the story and there's a funny story.

Regarding the conservation, I think you tried to transfer NG +. This can not be done.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:06:42 PM by Nikkanoffun »

• Iku's 空気の読める女 turns Adapt into Adapt+.
Doesn't adapt already affect both members of the team? I guess I can see why this skill was unused, if it doesn't actually do anything.

I do not know about the difficulty (I was trying to start with Normal, but it was too easy, I quickly became not interested) Hard is pretty well balanced, well, you know ... I've seen quite a lot of those who played on Normal - the game goes through even if you are too lazy to think about your actions, even without a special understanding of what your characters want. On Hard there are crazy moments (like ignoring 0% hit chances) but in any case. The only thing I wanted to change in Kou - the number of points for opponents, if they were raised to the level of the remaining parts, it would be wonderful. I feel a strong lack of points for almost the entire game.
Аnd I like to replayed Kou, this is part of the story and there's a funny story.

Regarding the conservation, I think you tried to transfer NG +. This can not be done.

So wait, a new game plus save isn't transferable? Thats..... Strange. It really doesn't make sense why that's a thing. I don't think I actually have any non ng+ save at this point, so I have to look through them and mabye do a full playthrough of the series.

Regarding Kou, I just don't want to play it for a rather dumb reason. It's the lack of resources that turns me away from the game. I am very accustomed to resourcing it up in Ei and now Yume, and even You had plenty of resources to go around. I just can't bring myself to play a game where I will probably suffer for upgrading my favorite characters due to a lack of money.