Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 367133 times)

IT'S BEING RELEASED IN MAY!?!?!? I am super exited for this, because I am out of games to play, and Drean has been dubious with its release date. EI is really fun though, and Yorihime isn't that bad on normally or easy, which is where I generally play. Easy when I just want to have fun and use weird stratagives like using max god Sanae for barrier tanking. Normal is good for a challenging, yet fun and easy game

Forgive me for quoting a months old post but I'd like to chime in on this as an SRW player as well

For starters, you have spellcards that make every boss fight a time attack (this tends not to matter in newer SRW games since you can dish out 200k-300k hp across 1 or 2 turns).
Post-moves are also King in GST because of Danmaku fields and Focus movement. Setting up your positions in SRW is piss easy when every unit is packing 6-8 movement, but here we're talking about 2-3 spaces, while attacks remain just as large in scope, with bosses usually being able to target 8 panels around them. It's ridiculously painful trying to use medics and resupply in the middle of a boss fight unless you use SCs because you can't easily move units in and out of the battle lines, same goes for Mystia's buffs, which I've found extremely useful but also put her in incredible danger even with a support defender. Also, even on normal it seems like supers have it really rough in Ei, as most bosses will deal somewhere in the range of 3000+ unless you cast Guard which always feels excessive in SP cost.

Someone said under me too, you'll usually have to sink SP for both strike and alert and that's just too much for bosses with 3 or more spellcards. If you want to pop Valor and its ridiculous cost (Zeal is even worse, since you pay for 2x the Alert, EN on top of 90 or 100 SP or whatever) you're just burning yourself out twice as fast. GST's early game (or rather, GST Kou) is absolute hell because of the lack of damage on everyone's part, low SP from being low level nor having their SCs, and for some fucking reason there's no resupplier, it makes every fight a war of attrition, Power gains also working like Classic SRW Will did too.

I've found Malice cannon to be... okay? for it's EN cost, especially considering Marisa and her ZZ level EN consumption, I didn't use Alice on my team though but maybe I will when I do a fresh playthrough of the game all the way starting from GST Kou, as much as I don't want to play Kou. Meanwhile, Reimu+Marisa's Rampage Ghost is actually heartbreaking on so many levels, though as an Ammo attack it's great for Marisa... but that range is just... ugh.

In any case, I agree with you, even if the closest I've played to classic SRW was SRW D and bits of Alpha Gaiden.

You consider it from the point of view of the SRW-player. We can compare a series MasouKishin with @series, but why? They have different nuances, even Banpresto adds some exclusive nuance/skill for the new part within the same series.

The GSW is almost no bonus conditions for the passage of the stage in the allotted time (in SRW this overwhelming condition) so that the range of action is not as important, you still think of a better enemy killing to create a favorable situation. Unlike other games are much more planning than direct rush, you need to first take a position around the boss, you can not just done him 1-2 round, if you play Hard but not Normal.

Set SP cost assumes that you are more likely to avoid the damage is Real-type and bet on them, graze expects receive damage in either case. Super-type somewhat weak here, I think they are designed to cover more than (1/2 really small)

The only controversial decision the developers I said to myself: AI on Hard begins to ignore characters with 0% hit chance. I understand that artillery units in all the series trying safely to attack (if they can), but behave passively - unnecessary complication.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
07/01/2017 come to a little surprise from the developers. You can watch this event here: http://www.sanbondo.net/gsw04_dream/

UPD: Release the game is scheduled in May 2017.

Holy shit Murasa cap'n ma'am i'll be having lot of fun with that!
So Kogasa won't be in this yet? darn shame......

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Forgive me for quoting a months old post but I'd like to chime in on this as an SRW player as well

For starters, you have spellcards that make every boss fight a time attack (this tends not to matter in newer SRW games since you can dish out 200k-300k hp across 1 or 2 turns).
Post-moves are also King in GST because of Danmaku fields and Focus movement. Setting up your positions in SRW is piss easy when every unit is packing 6-8 movement, but here we're talking about 2-3 spaces, while attacks remain just as large in scope, with bosses usually being able to target 8 panels around them. It's ridiculously painful trying to use medics and resupply in the middle of a boss fight unless you use SCs because you can't easily move units in and out of the battle lines, same goes for Mystia's buffs, which I've found extremely useful but also put her in incredible danger even with a support defender. Also, even on normal it seems like supers have it really rough in Ei, as most bosses will deal somewhere in the range of 3000+ unless you cast Guard which always feels excessive in SP cost.

Someone said under me too, you'll usually have to sink SP for both strike and alert and that's just too much for bosses with 3 or more spellcards. If you want to pop Valor and its ridiculous cost (Zeal is even worse, since you pay for 2x the Alert, EN on top of 90 or 100 SP or whatever) you're just burning yourself out twice as fast. GST's early game (or rather, GST Kou) is absolute hell because of the lack of damage on everyone's part, low SP from being low level nor having their SCs, and for some fucking reason there's no resupplier, it makes every fight a war of attrition, Power gains also working like Classic SRW Will did too.

I've found Malice cannon to be... okay? for it's EN cost, especially considering Marisa and her ZZ level EN consumption, I didn't use Alice on my team though but maybe I will when I do a fresh playthrough of the game all the way starting from GST Kou, as much as I don't want to play Kou. Meanwhile, Reimu+Marisa's Rampage Ghost is actually heartbreaking on so many levels, though as an Ammo attack it's great for Marisa... but that range is just... ugh.

In any case, I agree with you, even if the closest I've played to classic SRW was SRW D and bits of Alpha Gaiden.

Fury is pretty much the cream of crop in this game.  Other SRW games does not have Fury bypass annoying things like Prevail, Berserk Utsuho on Lunatic, for example, carries Guard L1, which blocks 10%, then you stack her Prevail on top of that which means you have more percentage chipped off as that spell dwindles, so you can either blow 45 SP to get a 50% boost to make up the difference... or you can pay 20 with Fury and just ignore those buffs, and you can even combo with Triumph for a crit!  Which one are you going to choose?  This is why Yuugi and Flan hits like a truck on pretty much anyone in the game, just use Fury.

I actually find this game very enjoyable, just due to the amount of things you have to do just to make it deathless on Lunatic (except the dolls, since I need their SP for Yuyuko).  It feels so satisfying to beat Yorihime 170 deathless, as whether it is deathless comes to her picking between Koa twice (then she dies) during Take-Mikazuchi, or the HP baiting works and you survive cause Grit Support Defend is OP.

That being said, I am very happy that they will be releasing this in May.  I'm looking forward to post more videos on Lunatic in the future.

How'd you get that out of the video...? The video didn't seem like it was showing all the new characters or anything. It didn't even have Byakuren, who's all but guranteed to be in the game.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
How'd you get that out of the video...? The video didn't seem like it was showing all the new characters or anything. It didn't even have Byakuren, who's all but guranteed to be in the game.

yearn for the best, pessimistic for the worst
No, i mean, you see, im pretty sure they just hadn't shown her and would be just like "surprise mothafucka" in unexpected stage probably within SWR arc or PoFW arc and maybe also along with unexpected parody.
But i still afraid they will only include her in the next sequel along with TD cast. Unlike Byakuren & Tenshi who are essential to the plot. You know, i won't think that would be weird considering the already overwhelming number of the little girls & hags units.

From what I understand this is the last game. Unless I'm mistaken they're not doing the more recent games. Though I'd love to be proven wrong. I'd be really surprised if Kogasa wasn't in the game, though.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Holy shit Murasa cap'n ma'am i'll be having lot of fun with that!

"Spoiler" from the developers.
http://blog-imgs-100.fc2.com/s/a/n/sanbondo/kogasa5_big.png

Fury is pretty much the cream of crop in this game.  Other SRW games does not have Fury bypass annoying things like Prevail, Berserk Utsuho on Lunatic, for example, carries Guard L1, which blocks 10%, then you stack her Prevail on top of that which means you have more percentage chipped off as that spell dwindles, so you can either blow 45 SP to get a 50% boost to make up the difference... or you can pay 20 with Fury and just ignore those buffs, and you can even combo with Triumph for a crit!  Which one are you going to choose?  This is why Yuugi and Flan hits like a truck on pretty much anyone in the game, just use Fury.

I actually find this game very enjoyable, just due to the amount of things you have to do just to make it deathless on Lunatic (except the dolls, since I need their SP for Yuyuko).  It feels so satisfying to beat Yorihime 170 deathless, as whether it is deathless comes to her picking between Koa twice (then she dies) during Take-Mikazuchi, or the HP baiting works and you survive cause Grit Support Defend is OP.

That being said, I am very happy that they will be releasing this in May.  I'm looking forward to post more videos on Lunatic in the future.

I only mention in the GST永, seishin 直 撃 plays a somewhat larger role - it removes completely all penalties on damage (including the distance and size), a key seishin in terms of dealing damage in the game. In GST 夢 already be available Full Power Mode, that may cause averages about 16k damage to the boss without SA and seishin pool is high enough that would be one time use 熱血 precisely in this attack. I would not have said that 熱血 here is very expensive, it simply should not be considered as a means of permanent struggle against the bosses.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:17:20 PM by Nikkanoffun »

I would not have said that 熱血 here is very expensive, it simply should not be considered as a means of permanent struggle against the bosses.
Honestly, it's a rather refreshing change from SRW. Using it sparingly when you really need to blast down a boss ASAP feels much more appropriate than just being able to spam it left and right. The excessive proliferation of damage spirits is half the reason bosses tend to be so laughably easy in most SRW games.

so i just replayed the third game while waiting for dream and i id like to know if there is somewhere that i can read all of the final boss final spellcard dialogues translated.

Is this what you're looking for? Should have all the spellcard dialogue, if I remember correctly.

Is this what you're looking for? Should have all the spellcard dialogue, if I remember correctly.
its still missing thesome of them like if you attack with one of the members of yokai mountain or one of the idiots.

There is a new patch for Ei! 1.2.0 is the new number. Kogasa's animations look adorable, definantly going to do a max Kogasa run.

The patch won't work, so I'm kinda confused. It's spitting out messages about changing files, but isn't doing anything

The patch won't work, so I'm kinda confused. It's spitting out messages about changing files, but isn't doing anything

Describe the problem in detail...
You download archive, pull patcher, shows him a folder with the game, he successfully patch (I had 3 posts of changes), and no change is made?

Ok, so I ran the patch like I did for the 1.1.2 game patch, on my jp non updated version of the game. I selected the game folder for the patch, and it rapidly filled the green bar up and popped up windows which I assume were change logs. After that it showed me the list of all the patches from base to 1.2.0 and then all I could do is close it. It's not like I need the patch, the translated version is alright, but it possibly changed things and I want to know what they changed

Anyone know when Mystia gets her final song? I've beaten Kaguya and I didn't see it, either there's a spot I didn't check or it's later on.

She gets it on stage 47, according to the wiki. So it's still a few stages off.

I consider it a bit overrated, honestly. Buffing attack power is nice and all, but it's really expensive and the MAP version is tiny. It's useful in a few cases where you really need to pump out maximum damage ASAP (the single-target version can be a nice buff to Flan's support attacks), but I've found that she's usually better off spamming the song of the night sparrow MAP to help patch up your accuracy/evasion rates.

Anyone know what the Keystone and Tengu Mask do?

Anyone know what the Keystone and Tengu Mask do?

Tengu Mask: +1 to the range in the focused movement, +15% hit chance in the focused mode (remember, the focused mode gives + 10% to hit rate, and you get a total + 25%).

Keystone: +150 to the base attack power, + 15% to the critical hit chance, all attacks get the effect "barrier breaking".
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:00:09 PM by Nikkanoffun »

So in my last run I didn't get to capture Tenshi's first spellcard due to getting overwhelmed by the stones summoned. Any effective ways of capturing it?

Sanbondo announced the completion of the final part of the 4 series games: Gensou Shoujo Taisen Yume 「幻想少女大戦夢」.

It will be released on the 7th May. Initially, they will be distributed on Reitaisai.
The second PV will be released before this date.

Of course, they warned that patches are planned later (now they do not have enough time to make the changes that they planned)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:42:33 AM by Nikkanoffun »

If you wanted to know, among other things, the 1.2.0 patch switched out Cirno's Assail spirit for Strike, and made Sanae's Moriya Amulets weapon 1-4 Range from 2-4 range.

Work is being done on an updated translation patch that'll include some other untranslated stuff and just more polished in general, maybe??? it'll be out before FMW4 releases. No promises.

If you wanted to know, among other things, the 1.2.0 patch switched out Cirno's Assail spirit for Strike, and made Sanae's Moriya Amulets weapon 1-4 Range from 2-4 range.

Work is being done on an updated translation patch that'll include some other untranslated stuff and just more polished in general, maybe??? it'll be out before FMW4 releases. No promises.
thanks for your and whoever is helping hard work. i am glad that I might be able to understand some stuff that got left untranslated now.

By the way, I was wondering whether the Translation Teams responible for the first 3 games are going to translate Dream too.
I know there have been some technical issues in the past but I would be fine with a Translation of Spirits, skills and the main script like with eternal
I'm sorry if the question was already answered somewhere but I am curious.
Anyway, great work for the other translations , I just finished Eternal yesterday and I wouldn't have enjoyed the game nearly as much if you didn't create this wonderful patch for us :)

A number of changes were also duplicated in accordance with the changes in the 妖, in fact, they are much more than you might think. (They even changed the number of deploy points in some chapters)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:30:04 PM by Nikkanoffun »

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
Wow they dropped
Spoiler:
playable shinki
near the end like it was absolutely nothing, seesh.

Loads of hype though.

Wow they dropped
Spoiler:
playable shinki
near the end like it was absolutely nothing, seesh.

Loads of hype though.

Do you want them to disclose to you all the cards in the trailer?)
They even updated the attack animation Reimu ... It seems they did not waste time and invested in the updates of absolutely all characters.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:32:38 PM by Nikkanoffun »

so cool