Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364714 times)

Well, let me just say this, then: keep some painkillers close at hand, because the bullshit the old games pull on you will give you headaches. Because Winkysoft is such a terrible game company, they can't even program an RNG correctly. It will, and I shit you not, spit out failures on non-guaranteed chances for a certain number of outcomes every now and then. This is very, very obvious in F/F Final and the Complete Box. Everything you can do to reseed the RNG will simply not work. This isn't complaining about "missing on a 99%". Some JP players went through the code and found out that Winkysoft has a genuinely-malicious RNG. Thankfully, this will only happen in Winkysoft SRWs.
Thanks for the heads up. It does seem that the classic series is really bugged with issues. For now, I'll give SRW 64 (which I heard has some of the best storylines in the series?) a shot and see how far I can go. I heard it has some issues as well but not as bad as the old games.
F/F Final seems to be well regarded as a classic among fans after all (don't know how much of this is due to nostalgic factors though), so I think I'll visit it at some point. Kinda annoying that the Sega Saturn emulation for this game is so poor, the music in the PS version feels like a massive downgrade.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
The F Final thing is massive nostalgia, but I will point out that it's technically-easier than F since you're not capped at 5 upgrades and more people reach double action levels. 64 has issues with the variable upgrade number (it ranges from 7 to 15, and the attack power bases are NOT designed with the upgrade number in mind), bosses that have "dummies" (first X attacks automatically miss), a really awful last stage (no mooks, three bosses with ridiculous accuracy that can oneshot EVERYONE that you have to kill TWICE), and some bugged skills. The ESP and Aura Battler skills always give the level 9 bonus regardless of level. Also, the Limit stat DOES NOT WORK. As in, you should not spend money on it except to turn Wing Zero and Heavyarms Kai into Wing Zero Custom and Heavyarms Custom. Deathscythe, Altron, and Sandrock should stay as the TV upgrades. Yes, you get the EW versions by maxing out the unit stats of the TV upgrades. Deathscythe, Altron, and Sandrock all drop down to range 1. Oh, also, 64 has level-scaling so try not to kill anything under your level. It also has a LOT of secrets. I think they're all listed on Akurasu.

Touhou SRW talk: Does Utsuho have a spellcard where she attacks you from offscreen and you have to wait it out?
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Touhou SRW talk: Does Utsuho have a spellcard where she attacks you from offscreen and you have to wait it out?

Nope, none.

64 has issues with the variable upgrade number (it ranges from 7 to 15, and the attack power bases are NOT designed with the upgrade number in mind), bosses that have "dummies" (first X attacks automatically miss), a really awful last stage (no mooks, three bosses with ridiculous accuracy that can oneshot EVERYONE that you have to kill TWICE), and some bugged skills. The ESP and Aura Battler skills always give the level 9 bonus regardless of level. Also, the Limit stat DOES NOT WORK. As in, you should not spend money on it except to turn Wing Zero and Heavyarms Kai into Wing Zero Custom and Heavyarms Custom. Deathscythe, Altron, and Sandrock should stay as the TV upgrades. Yes, you get the EW versions by maxing out the unit stats of the TV upgrades. Deathscythe, Altron, and Sandrock all drop down to range 1. Oh, also, 64 has level-scaling so try not to kill anything under your level. It also has a LOT of secrets. I think they're all listed on Akurasu.
Thanks a lot, will keep these in mind.
Her 2nd last spell card, Hell and Heaven Meltdown, has a map attack that covers almost the entire map like the survival spell cards in previous games, but she doesn't go off screen though.

0.1.0 trial is available for download from their web page. (Not going to mirror this myself.)

Info dump:
  • Murasa's track listed itself as a SWR track in the music room before, this has been fixed;
  • The animations for Tenshi's final weapon are updated;
  • Meeko's theme is slightly extended;
  • The game now indeed checks certain items against constant values to detect whether the save file is a cheat. These are:
    • Tengu's Wings (Movement +2): 3
    • Youkai Fox's Tail (Mobility +20): 1
    • Oni's Horn (HP +1200, Armor +150): 2
    • H-Shooter (Accuracy +25%): 1
    • L-Shooter (Accuracy +35%, Critical rate +10%): 1
    • Enemy Marker (Range +1): 2
    • Rainbow Shard (Raise unit and weapon affinity of all terrains to A): 1
    • Ibuki Gourd (HP +500, grant HP Regen (S)): 1
    • Sunflower (grant MP Regen (S)): 2
    • Sakuya's Red Tea (SP +30, once per stage): 1
    • Alice's Cookie (Apply Fury and 会心 (do we have a satisfactory translation of this?) to pair, once per stage): 1
    • Grilled Lamprey (SP +20, Power/Morale + 10, once per stage): 1
    • Live Ticket (Initial power/morale +10): 2
    • Sky-God's Divine Protection (S air affinity, negate movement MP cost): 1
    • Earth-God's Divine Protection (S ground/water affinity): 1
    • Onbashira (Armor +200, Accuracy +20%): 1
    • Oshira-sama (Increase weapon power based on cost, Cost +1, increase damage dealt while performing assist attacks, SP +20): 1
    • Fan of the Swallowtail Butterfly Crest (Range +1, Critical rate +15%): 1
    • Portable Gap (grant Warp Barrier): 1
    • Yagokoro's Elixir (restore HP, MP, ammo, once per stage): 1
    • Jeweled Branch of Hourai (Support attack/defense count +1): 1
    • Miniature Reactor (MP +80, grant MP Regen (S)): 1
    • Ying-Yang Orb (Movement +1, Mobility +20, Accuracy +20%): 1
    • Crimson Ore (HP +800, Armor +150, Accuracy +20%, Critical rate +20%): 1
    • Lunar Magatama (obtained by defeating Yorihime once in stage 49, does nothing): 1
    • Scarlet Soul (Final damage +10% when power/morale exceeds 120): 1
    • Mystic Memory (SP cost -20%): 1
    • Eternal Yonder (grant Hit & Away): 1
    Upon loading these cheated files, the game completely zeroes out nearly everything. Presumably, the player gets precisely this many items in normal gameplay except some items are exclusive to Reimu/Marisa's route. (But I don't remember having 3 Tengu's Wings?)

Later I will post complete info dumps to the Touhou wiki at once for easier navigation, and for others to improve the translations where applicable. Please do tell me if some of these terms are different from the Scarlet translation or the WIP Mystic translation.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:36:31 AM by HertzDevil »

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
Wouldn't the item number checking screw over people who don't cheat but didn't get the items for whatever reason?
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Some items are indeed exclusive to each route (Ibuki Gourd in Reimu's route, Grimoire in Marisa's); generally the check will not destroy the save file unless for some reason the player got fewer than 0 items for one of them due to previous bugs and the code treats the item counts as unsigned integers.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
uwa... Hard Mode has changed considerably.  All Boss AI will cast Seishin (but only the main boss), BUT, they will no long Defend/Evade when they are about to lose.  I am sure they still do that on Lunatic.
Tenshi was a major pain.  If she had Fury like Iku does, there is no way to beat her with the limited resources the demo gives you.

I am trying to catch Meepo and kill her now.  The problem is getting to her and keeping Power in check as it constantly debuffs.  As for only catching her, it is easy.  Just use Komachi and you are done.  In terms of killing her, I am almost out of ideas.  My best idea comes from the Eirin Stage again, using the Aya + Yukari combo (may be even use Zeal via Dream) to drag EVERYONE over.

All/Most of your characters have the +3 power every turn right?

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
All/Most of your characters have the +3 power every turn right?

The Sheeps works sort of like DAMONs from SRW Z2
Any charas within Sheep/Black Kendama's Field -3 power at the start of every turn.  For sheep only: Whenever they are defeated, it will -2 power to the unit that defeated it (basically 0 out the gain), you get any bonus from Personality + P-Break.  In addition, all your other units do not gain power from this unit being defeated.

This mission is timed to 10-turns, it is almost guaranteed.  Here are the turn of events that will happen.
- Shiro moves 4 spaces a turn, giving you 3 turns to catch it.  (This part is easy, Komachi or Supersonic Aya + Yukari will catch her easy.)
- You cannot stall by placing a unit over the white square where Shiro can run, as the AI will run right next to you when it cannot get to the white square, which triggers the winning condition to head to the next part of the stage.
- Meeko will full heal herself on the turn she shows if she is somehow defeated.  Utsuho must show up the next turn in order for the stage to end.

My idea is this:
- Just like the Eirin Stage, Aya with Supersonic Movement (one-time +5 movement), and Yukari with Spiriting Away. (Yukari can also use Zeal with Dream to travel further either on Turn 1 or Turn 2)
- Aya will travel, really, really far on the first turn.  Every other unit will try to pump up power with Meirin at the helm, and then board the ship.  Have the ship retrieve Meirin and end the turn.
- EP Turn 1, Aya needs to survive long enough.  Having P-Evade helps.
- Turn 2, Yukari will use Spiriting Away to carry the ship and all units over.  Use the remainder turn to pump up more power and kill any black kendamas that you can.
- When you are ready on Turn 4, catch Shiro and proceed.  You will be able to skip the 8 or so sheep over the river.  At this point, you should have more than enough power to use good specials.  Meeko is only a size S, so any hit that you would do will hit like a truck.  Use Fury to bypass Wool Guard.
- When Utsuho shows up, the 5 more sheeps that spawn will not matter, but if you defeat Meeko the turn of. 
- Utsuho DOES have Friendship, use it.  She cannot catch up (even with Orin in cat mode + Accel).

This strat does require an inherited save though, as Aya with Breakthrough L2 will really help with movement.  This stage is particularly troublesome with the time constraint, the power de-buff, and how bulky are the sheep are on hard mode.

I just assume you wouldn't always be standing on the - power field, so you should be gaining power some of the time. If you start with Remilia's ability, you already start at 120 power. It should not be hard to reach 130 power, unless something really odd happens.

I recently done a demo (yes, very belatedly)

I had no problems on stage 58 (+3 power every turn and Yuyuko = and you only need to protect Marisa from cast 必中 Meko).

But Stage 57 made me a big problem, I do not know what to do to capture WP and thus kill all the enemies. Kappa ... just monstrously hard.
The only plus - Tenshi has no 直 撃, but her sword Hiso (all S-rank) breaks all barriers ... (but this effect is off when she joins the team)

The fact that she will use full HP Recovery at their low value - I generally keep quiet.
If you let her go in the water, the battle becomes unbearable...

UPD: I made a mistake, breaking barrier effect it is not a sword, this the effect Keystone is equipped for she.
I also hope they will remove the limit of ~ 50 points for character selection ... 8 ~ 9 teams - just not funny....
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:14:18 AM by Nikkanoffun »

Mew seeker

• Find things
But Stage 57 made me a big problem, I do not know what to do to capture WP and thus kill all the enemies.

Do you have a screenshot of the WP condition?

You can wish for anything!

Do you have a screenshot of the WP condition?

Well, there need to activate first spell card Tenshi in 4 turn.

The problem to enemies.
The red evil eyes do not attack those who can answer them, Kappas are substantially similar (and their range of attack 9 cells) at the same time, they are protected by monstrous in itself, all the attacks below the A-rank do ~500HP damage.

Gabo7

• 3D Artist & Programmer
  • Watatsukiphile
Are there any updates on this? I'm looking so foward into it.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
This will be in full next year around this time again.
Tenshi's WP condition is pretty stupid.  The Kappa has an awful range of 9 and never move.  On Hard+, they have S. Defense and Attack and they bunch together making blowing through them to go to Tenshi impossible.

The only thing I can think of is do the Supersonic Aya + Yukari Ship gap transfer thing (again, using Zeal with Yukari via Dream is also an option), while using both Merlin and Yuyuko using Rally once each.  Afterwards, have Yuyuko recover 60 SP from Sakuya's Tea (her unique doubles recovery effects), and give off one more Rally.  If you somehow position Merlin for her Trumpet MAP, you can start with 120-125 power, which unlocks most specials.

Oh, meanwhile back on Ei, I finally went around to and figured out Berserk Utsuho's AI and did this: No Save/Load Clear on Hard.

I lost Kaguya during Peta Flare cause I was dumb.  :V

With proper movement, you will never see her use Giga Flare on Hard, and may be once on Lunatic as Giga Flare MAP is a post-movement.  Apparently, Utsuho moves maximum range during her initial phase, (not sure about her Nuclear Dive Phase, I always seal her movement.) , once she moves, she checks if there is a character to hit within 10 spaces.  if there is,  she will attack; if not, she will move max range again.  You need to make sure that you are 18-spaces away from Utsuho while you prepare and take out enough wisps for power.

The unit to use to distract Utsuho is once again, the pure and honest, Aya.  Along with Tengu Wing and Tengu Clogs, she can achieve a base movement of 10.  Depending on difficulty, her partner will need to change.  On Hard, Kaguya is ideal to Support Block.  On Lunatic, Ran will White Fox (stacking both Evasion and luck) as her unique will make sure that Utsuho will miss 47% of the time (Yes, you need to save scrub on Lunatic.)  Once you are ready, use Yukari's Spiriting Away to transfer the Aya unit back to the main group, who should be ready.  It is easier to manipulate Utsuho's movement if you are directly adjacent to her line, as she dives straight for you.  You should position your units so you can trap Utsuho, this also will ensure the direct in which her 2nd Spell, Ideon Gun Peta Flare will fire, giving you ample time to prepare.

Tenshi's WP condition is pretty stupid.  The Kappa has an awful range of 9 and never move.  On Hard+, they have S. Defense and Attack and they bunch together making blowing through them to go to Tenshi impossible.

The only thing I can think of is do the Supersonic Aya + Yukari Ship gap transfer thing (again, using Zeal with Yukari via Dream is also an option), while using both Merlin and Yuyuko using Rally once each.  Afterwards, have Yuyuko recover 60 SP from Sakuya's Tea (her unique doubles recovery effects), and give off one more Rally.  If you somehow position Merlin for her Trumpet MAP, you can start with 120-125 power, which unlocks most specials.

I've never used Aya ... characteristics of he attacks are terrible.

I realized a few tactics on Stage with Tenshi. (Marisa + Alice can take all Kappa top alone for 2 turns) killing evil eyes you can use Reisen / Eirin.

Yuyuko in turn can take main Kappa using skill invitation to death. This would deprive the lower Kappa support def / atk
For the rest, you just have to rush forward.

Incidentally, the maximum break really makes overpower damage.

Small notes:
Cirno - Seishin Assail replaced by Strike.
Sanae - Moriya amulet range 2-4 changed to 1-4. (As I was waiting for this ...)

And, if no one noticed ... friendship bonus also increases damage dealt and reducing damage taken (about half of the bonus to hit / dodge) *Ei and Dream.
In addition, enemies always take revenge if someone died during the support defense (I think ... they get the effect of Soul and Fury?) Even if they do not have the bonus of friendship.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:04:27 AM by Nikkanoffun »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Aya is pretty much how I made my strategy consistent against Utsuho due to her extremely good movement.
Any WP that is based on time, she can make it happen.  Satori's stage is another one where having Aya + Yukari combo is necessary to get the WP on Hard+

EDIT: So I went back to 58, and tried to implement the strategy with Aya/Yukari with the demo team that has very little resources.  It works (sort of).  Just that you need to keep the power up in order to do anything, but it DOES skip dealing with those horrible DAMON sheeps that just gets in your way.  If I can align the units better, I can actually take out Meeko on Turn 6 on Hard. 

To kill her at 30% health on Hard, you pretty much need to be in FPM, have really good attacks with both units with Strike, Valor, and Fury, and then ANOTHER unit with Strike, Valor, and Fury (She has about 18,500 health at point).

I should also note that Meeko will disable the unit's turn on Hard if your power is below 140, Lunatic should be 150.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:52:59 AM by c l e a r »

To kill her at 30% health on Hard, you pretty much need to be in FPM, have really good attacks with both units with Strike, Valor, and Fury, and then ANOTHER unit with Strike, Valor, and Fury (She has about 18,500 health at point).

I should also note that Meeko will disable the unit's turn on Hard if your power is below 140, Lunatic should be 150.

I actually had the Flan+Meiling Full Power mod + Marisa Support Attack.
Flan used 気迫 and lost 熱血. It was about 5lvl Atk Update and make 10kHP-Flan 6kHP-Meiling and near 5kHP-Marisa (Suwaco Blessing equipped)

*You can use the vengeful spirits Orin, and copy the sheep (they can use seyshin +10 Power for the team)

I should note, I often think about the refusal of Scarlet. Flan and Remi is not very convenient without Rumia.
And Mystia, I hope will add all-status for the songs...

At the same time I decided to take the cheaper characters - Chen Reisen Cirno.
Parsee surprisingly produces great damage + MAP. But I did not understand how works her skill.

I picked Chen a fight with Utsuho ... it was awful. She got one shot at grazie in Bunshin. Anyway, I still think that the Phantasm Stage most difficult in the game. Hit chance Yukari was much higher than Yorihime (But not damage ...)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:54:26 PM by Nikkanoffun »

I am currently on stage 49 on Eternal, I 've equipped Remi and Flan with Parasol but it seems they didn't recover HP and MP. Does anyone know why?

I am currently on stage 49 on Eternal, I 've equipped Remi and Flan with Parasol but it seems they didn't recover HP and MP. Does anyone know why?
Stage 47-49 are treated as Daytime maps, but Flandre and Remilia won't receive any penalties on their terrain rankings, so there's no need to equip them with Parasols. Also, the Parasols won't help the vampires retain their HP/MP Regen during Daytime. Their regen abilities are only effective at Night, or if you combo one of them with Rumia for her "Dead of Night" ability.

Stage 47-49 are treated as Daytime maps, but Flandre and Remilia won't receive any penalties on their terrain rankings, so there's no need to equip them with Parasols. Also, the Parasols won't help the vampires retain their HP/MP Regen during Daytime. Their regen abilities are only effective at Night, or if you combo one of them with Rumia for her "Dead of Night" ability.
So according to you, parasols are useless and Vampires won't recover their HP/MP when the moon is not out? But isn't the parasol used to activate ruler of the night during daytime stage (the Item list's translations on the 1st post says so) and that special ability regenerate Vampires' HP/MP?

So according to you, parasols are useless and Vampires won't recover their HP/MP when the moon is not out? But isn't the parasol used to activate ruler of the night during daytime stage (the Item list's translations on the 1st post says so) and that special ability regenerate Vampires' HP/MP?
I haven't read the first post so I'm not sure about what it says, but Remilia and Flandre both have a special ability called "Vampire", which gives them 10% HP and MP regen at the beginning of every turn during Night stages. However, it lowers their respective terrain rankings to C (Air & Ground) and E (Underwater) during Daytime. The Parasol allows Remilia and Flandre to retain their original terrain rankings during Daytime, but their HP and MP regen are still only active at Night. By the way, all the remaining stages are treated as Daytime maps, so you definitely should equip the Parasols on the vampires if you decide to use them.

I haven't read the first post so I'm not sure about what it says, but Remilia and Flandre both have a special ability called "Vampire", which gives them 10% HP and MP regen at the beginning of every turn during Night stages. However, it lowers their respective terrain rankings to C (Air & Ground) and E (Underwater) during Daytime. The Parasol allows Remilia and Flandre to retain their original terrain rankings during Daytime, but their HP and MP regen are still only active at Night. By the way, all the remaining stages are treated as Daytime maps, so you definitely should equip the Parasols on the vampires if you decide to use them.
I thought the Parasols could help them retain HP and MP regeneration during Daytime stages. Well, thank you for your replies.
Edit: One more question. Does Mima leave the team permanently like Yuuka?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:14:39 PM by paladin248 »

Does Mima leave the team permanently like Yuuka?
Sadly, yes.

I think Rozari theme has been used to Meeko?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaKLVUBy93A
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:15:33 PM by Nikkanoffun »

I've been lurking this thread for awhile as a resource before I got used to GST's UI/playing SRWs entirely in moonrunes. Thank you all for your contributions.

My friend has always had trouble transferring save files between GSTs, and I got it without a hitch on my first try, so I offered to do it for him. I had him give me his GST2 savedata folder, and then I went on my old laptop to make a fresh, untouched folder for GST3 and put the savedata inside.

The scenario branch and spellcard capture transferred just fine, but when I tried to load the rest of the data...

The save file here doesn't recognize any part of the scenario chart or spellcard capture rate (When I did this for myself it actually showed the numbers). So I confirmed all of the stuff anyways, and then when I went to Game Start...

...Nothing showed up. No wonder he's been having trouble doing this. I went ahead into the intro stage anyways to see if it still worked but no such luck. Though when I did try it for him, I already had GST2 and GST3 on my hard drive, so maybe that is what's affecting it, because I tried using the updates on the fresh GST3 and it didn't even work (as in, it was still 1.0.0 when it was done). Maybe I'll have to do this transfer on a computer that has never had GST on it before? What will that mean when I send it back to him?

I can't seem to find any help when it comes to troubleshooting save data transfer, so I have to come out and post. I tested the save data in GST2 to make sure it worked and it did. I got a message I didn't before when I booted GST2 up, something about backup, but it didn't affect the save data in any way.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:50:23 AM by Wisteria »

why can't i see anything about Fantasy Maiden Wars You

what the hell is happen to my spirit tab D: when i'm turning it on can't quit it and nothing to do D: (meaning i'm stuck at there)

OMG there aren't any spirits in my character D: it just ??? :getdown:

why can't i see anything about Fantasy Maiden Wars You

Well, you need to install applocale or change the system language to Japanese.

Well, you need to install applocale or change the system language to Japanese.
can you tell me how to do it please i don't see a thing in the game :o