Author Topic: Are You Ready For Some TOUHOU?  (Read 8200 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Are You Ready For Some TOUHOU?
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:55 PM »

"Alright, so here we are looking at some fresh talent straight out of season 12. This here is Shoto Ramaru, one of the defenders every coach seems to be hailing as the next big thing. Really, though, her whole gameplan runs on one big gimmick - the lasers start here and here, but then BAM! Suddenly they're curving in and you've got a poor shrine maiden sitting on 4th and 20 with no idea what the hell's going on.

Coaches are gonna be giving their teams special training to deal with this one, Bob. Girl's good at faking out chargers, but when it comes down to it she leaves herself wide open. See this right here? Big, BIG mistake. This strategy's gonna do her good for a few months, maybe, but I don't see her staying up in the top ranks when season 13 comes around."

(This is what happens when a non-American who knows nothing about American football tries this.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:51:39 PM by Roukanke[N] »

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 10:42:32 PM »
4rd?  Is that like a car or something?

Spoiler:
4th and 20 would be more like it

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 10:52:59 PM »
Spoiler:
4th and 20 would be more like it
The 20, I will explain as not remembering whether it was 10 or 20 and not having the patience to look.

The 4rd, I will explain as 'I initially wrote 3rd and forgot to change it because I'm tired okay ;.;'

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 12:02:47 AM »
Spoiler:
4th means 4th down, your fourth chance to move the ball 10 yards since your last 1st down (which'll reset back to 1 if you make it), but if you don't make it the opposing team immediately gets the ball where it lies, so you usually punt (kick) the ball towards your opponent's endzone (scoring area) and they get the ball (farther away though).  20 means the amount of yards you need to go to make that 1st down.  So yeah, 4th and 20 basically means you're screwed and you gotta punt the ball, unless your offense is hugely gutsy.

WE MUST PROTECT THIS MOUNTAIN!!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 11:31:35 AM »

"Season 12 was definitely pretty brutal on offense, John, no doubt about it, but at least the refs decided to throw in some assists. Let's take a look at Reimu in Season 6 playing as offensive guard. Like you brought up before, offense back then had no equipment, leaving a player vulnerable to all kinds of sacks. Who can forget this famous defensive play? Holy moly. All that razzle-dazzle and no hitbox to give offense a toehold on field. Season 6 was rough, especially in the second half, John, and I'm still amazed offense was able to pull it off."

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."