Author Topic: IM Contest - History Quiz 2 OVER! Results announced!  (Read 6359 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
IM Contest - History Quiz 2 OVER! Results announced!
« on: October 02, 2010, 05:29:06 AM »
Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends! I'm so glad you could attend! Come inside, come inside!

So I'm sitting here, pretty bored, when I notice that there's one Idiot Maiden spot left wide open, and I realize we haven't had a nice small-scale contest in a while. So here we go! Just like last time, 10 questions, all related to MotK history. The difference this time? They're all (well...almost all) pulled from recent MotK history, so the majority of you stand a chance of knowing them since we won't be asking you about TheAntiPiro or Hetdegon or ^^remilia^^ or archianime's Waffle Megapack. I expect to see a better turnout this time, as well as higher scores!

Users have 72 hours to submit their answers. Please send answers via PM. DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS TOPIC. That makes you a lamer. You don't want Miss Moriya pointing out what a lamer you are to all of your peers and friends, do you? I didn't think so.

NOTE: Limit one entry per user. If you send me multiple PMs, I will only accept your most recent PM. This means I will discard any and all previous answers that don't reappear in a later PM. I am not putting together a million PM jigsaw puzzles, thank you very much. If you want to add or change answers, make sure you carry over answers you previously submitted and do not want to change in order to make sure you keep them. You have been warned of this up front. I will not tolerate postgame bitching because you didn't read the rules.

NOTE 2: I reserve the right to bump this down to IP if someone points out to me that the sixth IM spot is on reserve somewhere else. I can't recall anything else putting dibs on it, though.

Ready? Books away, it's time for your history exam!

1) Who won the first "Rank the Staff According To ______" Idiot Hierarchy contest?
2) What was the correct answer to the final question, which awarded Idiot Deity status, to the 573-centric Idiot Hierarchy math contest?
3) Who was the first user to get hit with a Snowball Challenge?
4) Who was the first user to complete a Snowball Challenge?
5) Who owned the forum that became the "refuge" forum on April Fool's Day?
6) Who first told Mode to wear her belt on her pants, not her shirt?
7) Who created Becky Glenn?
 8) Who was the first user to earn Yellow Member? (Discount staff members and sock puppet accounts.)
9) Who made the thread that "inspired" the overarching setting for Purvis' Z-Machine Adventures?
10) Outside of 7HS and TSO, which current staff member has been an MotK staff member the longest?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:52:32 AM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
1) ur dum
2) ur dum
3) ur dum
4) ur dum
5) ur dum
6) ur dum
7) ur dum
8) ur dum
9) ur dum
10) ur dum

What do I win? :]

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Suwako Moriya

You win a lifetime of servitude to Kanako! Enjoy your daily practice of the art of leg-spreading!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
1) ur dum
2) ur dum
3) ur dum
4) ur dum
5) ur dum
6) ur dum
7) ur dum
8) ur dum
9) ur dum
10) ur dum

What do I win? :]
a dum dum

dummy

You win a lifetime of servitude to Kanako! Enjoy your daily practice of the art of leg-spreading!
hey wait doesn't baneling-chan do that anyways
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
... fuck, this requires thinking

I shall tomorrow (as in, today but a lot later) think about this
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Now With More Questions You Might Actually Know!
I know that I probably should've been married to the boards for the last two years to know the answers to any of these. I feel so... insufficient. :ohdear:

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
...fuck, I should know all this, but I forgot a lot of them >.<

ahahahahahaha

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
I know I was around when half of those things happened. God, why do I forget everything easily

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Me too I think could answer uh like one of them :fail:

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
...it's a bit frightening I know a good deal of these.  :ohdear:

Suwako Moriya

Less than 12 hours to go, and very few submissions so far! There's actually been less this time around than with the first quiz! Come on, people, even if you're not sure, take some shots!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends! I'm so glad you could attend! Come inside, come inside!
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass; please be careful as you pass!  Move along!  Move along!

I am sad that I know almost none of these, but I'll SUBMIT anyway.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Suwako Moriya

There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass; please be careful as you pass!  Move along!  Move along!

Come inside, the show's about to start! Guaranteed to blow your head apart!
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth - the greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth!

One hour to go! Get those submissions in pronto!

Suwako Moriya

Less than 20 minutes to go, and shame on Ruro for not even providing a token submission. And you call yourself a history fan! :V

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Less than 20 minutes to go, and shame on Ruro for not even providing a token submission. And you call yourself a history fan! :V
Oh, you shameless bitch. Fine, there you go.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
Derp @ my not reading post times.

*cross fingers*

Suwako Moriya

And time is up! I'll forgive Furien's lateness because I'm more interested in entries than rigid deadlines.

I took the liberty of compiling all the scores beforehand, so you'd get speedier results. But first, the answers!

1) Who won the first "Rank the Staff According To ______" Idiot Hierarchy contest?

Arashi. She just barely beat Drake out in the logic game. The ranking in question was northernmost to southernmost. This was, in my opinion, what more or less what put Arashi on the MotK map - very few people knew who she was before that contest, and now she's one of the more notable members here.

2) What was the correct answer to the final question, which awarded Idiot Deity status, to the 573-centric Idiot Hierarchy math contest?

57 C 3. Baity won this one back when it was held and then proceeded to get it wrong in this contest. (In fairness, his answer was close, he just overthought it.)

3) Who was the first user to get hit with a Snowball Challenge?

Greyn. He posted a picture of Haruhi in the self-pictures thread and Letty told him to post a picture of himself with a Haruhi armband.

4) Who was the first user to complete a Snowball Challenge?

UncertainKitten. Not too many people remember this one, with how under-the-radar it was. Okashii's wasn't the first, it was just the most prominent.

5) Who owned the forum that became the "refuge" forum on April Fool's Day?

Lots of people guessed MTG/Gappy for this one, and she did administrate that forum as well as coordinate a good chunk of the move, so I awarded half a point to anyone that guessed her. The correct answer, however, is Nemoma. This incident is why Nemoma got Yellow Member, for the curious.

Chaore. He was immediately awarded IP for it. The thread can be found in the Daiyousei forum.

7) Who created Becky Glenn?

Slowpoke. Sadly, this one died far too prematurely, as it was arguably the greatest user contribution to this website in a long line of quality user contributions. The thread can be found in the Daiyousei forum.

8) Who was the first user to earn Yellow Member? (Discount staff members and sock puppet accounts.)

Formless God. He won it by winning my fanart contest. The thread can be found in the Daiyousei forum.

9) Who made the thread that "inspired" the overarching setting for Purvis' Z-Machine Adventures?

TranceHime. This one can either be found in the Daiyousei forum or in RPG; it is lying around somewhere.

10) Outside of 7HS and TSO, which current staff member has been an MotK staff member the longest?

Benny. The majority of the guesses were myself, which, while flattering, missed that he had been site staff as Fake Mod since before I signed up, back on the previous forum build.

And now, the scores!

Sercan: 1.5/10
Drake: 2.5/10
Donut: 3.5/10
Arashi: 3.5/10
Mr. Bob: 4/10
theshim: 4/10
Furienify: 4/10
Ruro: 4/10
Skye: 4.5/10
huh what: 5/10
Pesco: 5.5/10
Polaris: 5.5/10
Baity: 6/10

Prody: 7/10

Congratulations to Prody, both for winning and for being the only one to get 2 and 10 right! He also missed #5 entirely, which is amusing to me as he was the one I masqueraded around as on that forum in order to spy on all of you without revealing myself.

Your prize is in the mail. Please allow six to eight seconds for delivery.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ

57 C 3. Baity won this one back when it was held and then proceeded to get it wrong in this contest. (In fairness, his answer was close, he just overthought it.)
Just thought that I'd say that I got the second question for that given contest correct, not the third; that was Zengar. My answer was 5!7!3! for the question I attempted, which landed me IM.

On another note,  :<
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:00:30 AM by Bittles »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Drake

Re: IM Contest - History Quiz 2 OVER! Results announced!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 06:06:07 AM »
I'd like to say that now that I understand which events correspond to which question and that I can remember more of them, I could've gotten a higher score.

But that would be stretching the truth.

I think I still have the Excel spreadsheet of mod locations.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 06:17:10 AM »
I got #1 right, that's enough for me. :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 07:58:34 AM »

That's totally not creepy at all no sirre

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
I'd like to say that now that I understand which events correspond to which question and that I can remember more of them, I could've gotten a higher score.

But that would be stretching the truth.

And I still the Excel sheet for the mod ages :V

(btw, I never told anyone, but my answer did contradict Kilga in one part, so I thought it was wrong at first >.> <.<)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 01:21:33 PM »
Does that mean I'm on an excel spreadsheet? Perhaps even multiple? :blush:

Grats Prody :toot:
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »
Does that mean I'm on an excel spreadsheet? Perhaps even multiple? :blush:

Depends. Were you a mod at that time~? :P

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
The contest was from something close to 2 years ago, when UD and Mima were still around.

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
The contest was from something close to 2 years ago, when UD and Mima were still around.

No, it was definitely sometime September '09, maybe early October, so more like one year - I joined late August, and there was a wipe by Thanksgiving and the second version of that contest was Thanksgiving weekend (which is probably a good chunk of why I didn't win that time, I was busy going to the Sunset with friends).

But no, even Ruro wasn't a full mod yet IIRC, just Cop or Shrine Janitor or some such (though she was on the contest).

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »
Shrine Janitor, aye, and UD and Mima didn't leave until a short while after we had our three-way literature battle. Now THAT was damn fun.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »
yay im last xD i expected that.
why the hell did i even partake :/

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »
Hey, how am I supposed to know how up-to-date you keep your stalkerspreadsheets? :[
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook