Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 13 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 216545 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Sakuya Quest 13 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #840 on: October 31, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »
> How are we feeling?
> Look up and around.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:10:33 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #841 on: October 31, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »
> How are we feeling?
> Look up and around.

>Better, at least a little. You've had a moment or two to recharge, it ought to buy you a couple more minutes, at least.
>You look around. Kaguya is still floating where she was, serene as before. The masses of frozen danmaku have spread out a bit more.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #842 on: October 31, 2017, 05:20:19 PM »
> Frown with a bit of a sneer.
> "I do not particularly enjoy being toyed with."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #843 on: October 31, 2017, 05:53:10 PM »
> Frown with a bit of a sneer.
> "I do not particularly enjoy being toyed with."

>"I saw no reason to cut you short, I was enjoying our conversation," says Kaguya. "A few more minutes is fine, don't you think?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #844 on: October 31, 2017, 06:01:01 PM »
> "If you are truly convinced that all of reality deserves to be frozen for eternity, then there is nothing more to discuss. I am demonstrably unable to stop you by force, so either get on with it and try your luck out-willing time itself, or return my watch to me and let me go home."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #845 on: October 31, 2017, 06:07:38 PM »
> "If you are truly convinced that all of reality deserves to be frozen for eternity, then there is nothing more to discuss. I am demonstrably unable to stop you by force, so either get on with it and try your luck out-willing time itself, or return my watch to me and let me go home."

>"All your bravado is gone now?" says Kaguya, frowning. "How disappointing."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #846 on: October 31, 2017, 06:12:29 PM »
> "I told you already, I do not matter now. What will happen to you will happen independent of anything I do. I have never claimed anything to the contrary in regards to how time will react when frozen for too long. If you truly believe I am bluffing, then call it. If not, then stop wasting our time and fold, and we can work out something else."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:15:04 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #847 on: October 31, 2017, 09:23:03 PM »
> "I told you already, I do not matter now. What will happen to you will happen independent of anything I do. I have never claimed anything to the contrary in regards to how time will react when frozen for too long. If you truly believe I am bluffing, then call it. If not, then stop wasting our time and fold, and we can work out something else."

>"I am curious, I admit, as to how you expect time to affect something that is eternal," says Kaguya. "Frankly, I cannot see it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #848 on: October 31, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »
> "With all due respect, you also could not see the Lunarians diverting from their inevitable destiny, and yet here we are."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #849 on: November 01, 2017, 12:17:46 AM »
> "With all due respect, you also could not see the Lunarians diverting from their inevitable destiny, and yet here we are."

>"Cheeky," says Kaguya, "But also a poor comparison, don't you think? They are not eternal, however much they want to believe. I am."

>_

« Reply #850 on: November 01, 2017, 12:28:28 AM »
>Whats the status of the door?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #851 on: November 01, 2017, 12:35:05 AM »
>Whats the status of the door?

>It is closed.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #852 on: November 01, 2017, 12:43:40 AM »
> Did we close it on our way in?
> If not, did we close it mid-fight?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #853 on: November 01, 2017, 12:57:37 AM »
> Did we close it on our way in?
> If not, did we close it mid-fight?

>Neither. There was a brief error with flags in which, due to it being a dang month ago, the parser thought the door was closed about half-way through the fight, but it in fact still opened. We apologize for this mistake.
>You are still between Kaguya and the door.

>_

« Reply #854 on: November 01, 2017, 03:05:11 AM »
Bear in mind that Kaguyas power is literally control over eternity, not time control. I don't think it works the same way Sakuya's power works. Time won't go back.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #855 on: November 01, 2017, 03:09:50 AM »
It's quite possible. It's not the point, though.

> "All I can tell you for sure is what I have experienced myself my whole life. If you choose to ignore that, well, do not say you were not warned."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #856 on: November 01, 2017, 03:50:40 AM »
> "All I can tell you for sure is what I have experienced myself my whole life. If you choose to ignore that, well, do not say you were not warned."

>"Well, no need to be vague," says Kaguya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #857 on: November 01, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »
> "What do you mean?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #858 on: November 01, 2017, 05:22:29 PM »
> "What do you mean?"

>"You have experience," says Kaguya. "I'm curious. What happens?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #859 on: November 01, 2017, 10:33:14 PM »
> Has pushing ourselves too far ever resulted in being aged up, or has it always been being aged down?
> Do we eventually recover?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #860 on: November 01, 2017, 10:46:13 PM »
> Has pushing ourselves too far ever resulted in being aged up, or has it always been being aged down?
> Do we eventually recover?

>It has happened both ways.
>You tend to end up pushing it a bit too hard again before any kind of natural recovery could happen; but you don't think it would undo itself on its own.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #861 on: November 01, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »
> So we have to reset ourselves manually?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #862 on: November 01, 2017, 11:13:21 PM »
> So we have to reset ourselves manually?

>Yes. Generally by pushing things too far again. You haven't quite gotten the hang of aging or de-aging yourself. If you did, though...

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #863 on: November 02, 2017, 01:48:15 AM »
> "Ah. Well, I suppose the best way to describe it is that when I push time too hard, it will significantly increase or decrease my age, with corresponding changes to my body. It would not surprise me if some of the less pleasant rumors that resulted from this reached the ears of your rabbits back long ago."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #864 on: November 02, 2017, 02:13:05 AM »
> "Ah. Well, I suppose the best way to describe it is that when I push time too hard, it will significantly increase or decrease my age, with corresponding changes to my body. It would not surprise me if some of the less pleasant rumors that resulted from this reached the ears of your rabbits back long ago."

>She blinks. "Less pleasant...?"
>Then her eyebrows raise. "Oh! Oh yes, those. I had never noticed, myself."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #865 on: November 02, 2017, 05:02:17 PM »
> "Yes. Regardless, even with what limited strength I had with which to push time, I have been altered by several years. Granted, I am sure that means extremely little to one such as yourself, but pushing unfathomably harder than I ever could, I imagine, would produce unfathomably worse results."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #866 on: November 02, 2017, 07:54:33 PM »
> "Yes. Regardless, even with what limited strength I had with which to push time, I have been altered by several years. Granted, I am sure that means extremely little to one such as yourself, but pushing unfathomably harder than I ever could, I imagine, would produce unfathomably worse results."

>"If that's all it does, then what is there to worry about?" says Kaguya. "Age is meaningless to those who have partaken of the Hourai Elixir."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #867 on: November 02, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »
>"Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if immortality could safeguard you from the effects of pushing time at the extents I have. But what you're suggesting would be unfathomably beyond the scope of what I have ever attempted, and so I imagine the consequences would be as well. I wonder, if it tried to reverse your age by enough of an extent, could your body be rewound to before you partook of the Hourai Elixir? Or even infancy and beyond? How ironic it would be if, by attempting to gift all with eternity, you merely ended your own."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #868 on: November 02, 2017, 10:22:05 PM »
>"Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if immortality could safeguard you from the effects of pushing time at the extents I have. But what you're suggesting would be unfathomably beyond the scope of what I have ever attempted, and so I imagine the consequences would be as well. I wonder, if it tried to reverse your age by enough of an extent, could your body be rewound to before you partook of the Hourai Elixir? Or even infancy and beyond? How ironic it would be if, by attempting to gift all with eternity, you merely ended your own."

>She shakes her head. "It doesn't work that way, Eternal means eternal. I am mentioned, long before your time Eirin and I experimented with this."

>_

« Reply #869 on: November 08, 2017, 10:09:41 AM »
>Does Kaguya look any older or younger from when she did all those years ago?