Author Topic: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Game has come to an end  (Read 85413 times)

Nachtwanderlied

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 4: Spring: Digging it easy!
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2009, 03:46:45 AM »
so why are you mining out microcline again

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2009, 06:27:18 AM »
It's super pretty. Anything made of micrcocline automagically looks 20 times better.

Then again, I am thinking of no graphics style, but if this tileset is worth it's salt the same will be true here.

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2009, 10:39:51 AM »

The summer starts quite uneventfully, by mining the microcline we left alone earlier.

Sodel strikes graphite! Not like I care at all about that useless mineral. Something more to decorate crafts with, I bet.

16th of Hematite

The human caravan arrives along with their liaison!

However, because no dickweed bothered to build the trade depot again, we couldn't trade, only talk with their liaison who takes a couple of days to form up a sentence and talk coherently. It's okay to not rush things but it's not okay to take too long with them.

17th of Hematite

Momizikkuri thief, triggered by Purvis' re-election! Who you gonna call now?

Nobody, because there was nothing worth to steal at all in the first place for the momizikkuri! It leaves disappointed without stealing anything. That saves from cleaning the hallway once again.

The human liaison finally finds Totaku from the fortress and decides to talk him about the import-export business.

Not that much, in fact. Just some meats to make lavish meals and bags to stop the ever-bitching of the glassworkers down there in the magma-industrial area of the fortress.

25th of Hematite

Some good Suika finishes the trade depot, allowing the traders to come in and trade with us. Yukkurumia and Patchkkuri meat and random species bags are traded.

I finally found the Unibam throne, made by Sodel, one of my best miners.

7th of Malachite

A fire snake roams the magma-industrial area of the fortress, and that made me set up cage traps over there and to the entrance of the area so it won't randomly go to 2nd level and set everything on fire.

no

20th of Malachite

No migrants mid-summer, and the caravan finally leaves along with it's shitty liaison. I am pleased, along with Totaku.

18th of Galena

Jan-san makes two masterpiece beds in a row, and all of the miners have leveled up by now in the mining operation.

Autumn has come.

That was the autumn update, which was even more compact because again, nothing interesting happened and I didn't come up with any large scale constructions. But I have to make something up for winter.

And now for the current floors taken with the Bluria Blurcam Model 509 Mk. II Navy edition.

1st floor

2nd floor

the mine

Done and spotted

• Lots of mining
  • Trade depot rebuild
  • Doors for the rooms without doors on 2nd floor
  • A failure of momizikkuri thief
  • A random fire snake
  • Jan-san routinely makes masterpieces

I'll start working on next update somewhere around 6:00 PM GMT+2

Also, I have a few questions. What is the lever next to the stairs leading to the magma-industrial area and why does Purvis keep whining that

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2009, 02:27:43 PM »
What is the lever next to the stairs leading to the magma-industrial area
Must be the Prison failsafe. You pull it, the whole prison falls to the lava.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »
why does Purvis keep whining

My guess would be that something triggered a cage trap, someone brought the filled cage to the stockpile, Purvis automatically tried to reset the cage trap, but you need another cage to do so.  He should stop whining if you build a few more cages.

Quote from: Hizengar Byakuren
Must be the Prison failsafe. You pull it, the whole prison falls to the lava.

Yeah, that's right.  I might hook it up to a pressure plate trap too next time around.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 4: Summer: Vote Purvis for Mayor!
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »
You know, all it takes is a kobold to step on that and the whole thing comes in a fiery blaze, yes?  Seems like a bad idea.  Pressure plates are better for traps near the entrance or something along those lines.

« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
I figured out the cage trap thing on my own too.

I'm only going on 20th Limestone so far and I've got already two surprises I didn't notice so easily...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 04:37:41 PM by T34G3 »

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2009, 06:48:46 PM »

11th of Limestone

And from here starts the planning of more complex fortress defences. But for sure, it will have to do something with siege engines!

15th of Limestone

Our fellow Suikas from the Rhyming Steel have arrived to do some trades with us, along with their liaison. Splendid that they are not dicks like parsekkuris or humans, though.

16th of Limestone

Purvis finally ends the export ban of maces we don't even have. Even more splendid!

18th of Limestone

The liaison QUICKLY, unlike parsekkuri and human liaisons, gets to Purvis and instantly starts to write up the next import-export reports. I recommend to get steel bars and bags because the BITCHING WON'T STOP.

20th of Limestone

While mining again in the shaft, the same cocksucker came running down the stairs, but this time with something actually new, touching and pleasing to my feelings: Ramis has recovered, completely! My heart was warmed enough to ignore the parsekkuri civilizations ethics and go deforest an entire quarter of the map to build a 63 ballista salute! Who lover wouldn't like to see all the animals on the aimed area get reduced to a red mist of guts and gore? But, ahem... just as I thought the interruptor didn't have anything other to tell, she told that they had just discovered, that Zengar is incapacitated in her room!

She has suffered FATAL GROPINGS from biokkuri and is bedridden!

Damn them biokkuris, first we say them to get off our lawn, then we say with our swords and crossbows to get off our lawn, but looks like there is nothing to do anymore about it.

BIOKKURIS MUST BE PURGED!

okay, shut up

24th of Limestone

THIEF!

Who you gonna call? Self-defence skills!

This is why you don't mess with Suikas, they will KICK YOUR LEG OFF!

Another one, in deja-vu location!

THIRD THIEF!

It runs away with a displaced, bleeding left arm!

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM! NOBODY BREAKS LAW ON MY WATCH!

3rd of Sandstone

Purvis gives a mandate to make a single plate mail. Until if you start thinking in mass-production scales, you are not going to get re-elected.

11th of Sandstone

Added stockpiles to the siege workshop to prevent clutter. And for your information, the siege operator is also called Sodel. I really like that name.

22nd of Sandstone

Our fellow Suika merchants continue their journey to the other mountainhomes. We wish them good luck as always.

27th of Sandstone

Purvis has again set a mandate, again to make platemail, but this time two of them. And it is done too.

Also, Jan-san makes a masterpiece bin.

15th of Timber

Ineth Daseloltar suffers a mood swing!

16th of Timber
Anthony gives birth to another Suika in the intersection of the living quarters hallway, Thob Emalrigoth! Now she will be shooting and drawing the crossbow with her teeth and legs!

21st of Timber

Purvis isn't yet done with the mandates, this time requesting some copper items.

And finally, Letty is here.

I didn't have the constructions promised yet, but I'll get on with them at my spring update.

Here is the current floors taken with the Bluria Blurcam Model 509 Mk. II Navy edition, as always.

1st floor

2nd floor

the mine

done and spotted

• Constructed a siege workshop and added stockpiles near it
  • Triple thief attack!
  • The first mandates of the fortress
  • A masterpiece bin made by Jan-san
  • One fey mood
  • Anthony gives birth to a new Suika!

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »
YES!  FINALLY!  So, ah, how pissed off are we talking about with the Parsekkuris?  And I assume the military is being fitted with those platemail sets, right?

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2009, 08:16:46 PM »
YES!  FINALLY!  So, ah, how pissed off are we talking about with the Parsekkuris?
I'm the only one seriously pissed off at the parsekkuris.

And I assume the military is being fitted with those platemail sets, right?
No, they're decorative and useless.

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 4: Spring: This is madness, I'm getting out of here!
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »

2nd of Moonstone

This season starts quite abrubtly! Dumat Ittasalath, leader of The Gates of Emancipating squad, has given birth to a new suika, just a little later than Anthony.

4th of Moonstone

While walking down the hallway towards the puny food storage for a drink, I saw that something magical had happened again: Zengar is no longer bedridden!

Of course, that means that Jan-san is getting insta-jailed above a magma pit for destroying the trade depot. :3

11th of Moonstone
Purvis prohibits trading or giving them copper items and platemails to humies or parsekkuri dicks. She really does like useless, decorative shit cluttering the fortress.

1st of Opal

Oops.

6th of Opal

BEHOLD! The very dangerous ballista, (terribly) placed near the refuse pile all the Suikas frequently visit to deposit the loot their chenkkuris bring to them is now one of our pre-defences when the pesky biokkuris or momizikkuris try to sneak in via our trade tunnel! You can deconstruct or improve it because it is also immediately lethal weapon against the inhabitants of the fortress, too! Break the glass in emergency.

8th of Opal
The insane glassmaker has now claimed Zengar's room as her own room for complaining about Gensokyo these days.

14th of Opal

Jan-san takin' it easeh.

18th of Opal

Another Suika is born, this time not from any of the current military personnel, but rather from a normal jeweler. And the child's name is Momuz.

THAT SUIKA IS A SPY!

25th of Opal

sdf450-=34k,'e,e453464e7547#@L542035ok3[6oky;4mpe4oyum,e5;lj,56o

3th of Obsidian

Vabok Elbelasob, the first newborn of Anthony, has grown to be a child. There is still lots, lots of time to learn the Suikan ways for her.

7th of Obsidian

Inod Nillaltur and Thikut Morulkol, who parents I cannot remember, are also now grownup children.

23rd of Obsidian

The melancholic mentioned waaaaaay back in the logs has been found lying at the living quarters hallway, limp, dead and dehydrated. You'd best keep lyin' down.

And so is Lily White upon us and to kick Letty's ass out of her season.

And it's also end of my turn, it was great fun to do despite it took me two times till 1:00+ AM

first some pictures of the fortress with the same old Bluria Blurcam Model 509 Mk. II Navy edition

1st floor

2nd floor

mine is untouched since last season, so it doesn't need a picture

done and spotted

• 3 births in one season, 3 TEENY LITTLE BABIES grow up to be children.
  • Zengar is no longer bedridden, and so we have a trusty captain of the guard back in action to cleave some more evil!
  • Jan-san is jailed for her past crimes.
  • The first insane Suika in our fortress.
  • Ballista installed next to fortress
  • A few more storage rooms to the residential area of the fortress BECAUSE EVERY GODDAMN WORKSHOP IS GETTING CLUTTERED WITH FUCKHUGE TOOLS, OBJECTS, ARTIFACTS AND CRAFTS!

Now thing I want to be done for me.

About the storage room that is currently being smoothed out, could somebody kindly add double doors at the entrance of the corridor that leads there?

That was all because I can't remember what else I had to tell.

And here is the save file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jd2mwndfuyn

Good luck. I really didn't have any.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 4: Winter: Madness brakes out in the Fort!
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »
Well this has proven to be a very interesting year.

We finally got our first death, our first prisoner, and plenty of mini mini suikas popping out of the wood work. What insanity will happen next?

As for right now, Xan's next and I already contracted him. He will have 7 days to complete the whole year....

In the mean time, I'll just ask this to make sure...but are you signing up again T34G3?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:46:02 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2009, 05:22:55 PM »
That insane Suika, she's not good at any weapon, right?  Right?  Wrestler, either, I hope.

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »
In the mean time, I'll just ask this to make sure...but are you signing up again T34G3?
definitely. I didn't get enough of this fortress yet :3

That insane Suika, she's not good at any weapon, right?  Right?  Wrestler, either, I hope.

No, she was just a peasant who decided to become a glassmaker. She was struck by melancholy anyways, so she wouldn't have been much trouble even if she was THE BEST CHAMPION EVAH.

Totaku

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »
Xan's informed me that he has requested to be moved to the back of the line as he isn't ready to participate yet.

Which means as of this point, it is my turn. I will begin my turn in a short bit. But I will have to say that I have alot of things planned for this go and hopfully it should all work out but I will probably ask you all some question before I start making them take effect.

So as the saying goes "Suikas are preparing, please wait warmly."
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Year 5: Spring: Operation BRIDGE OF DEATH!
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2009, 05:48:16 AM »
1st Day of the First Month of Spring

My how our fortress has grown?.61 Suikas now live in out place and we are somehow making it out all right even with the biokkuri assault. So at least we are doing fine for now. But I was considering some things to make sure we Suikas can survive against these armies. Cause it can only get worse?

So I?ve come up with a series of project I have in mind to do once the fellow Suika approve.

PROJECT BRIDGE OF DEATH!

(Excuse the massive rough sketch, but it's for the sake of planning.)

This after witnessing the wonders of the bridge at work I?ve came up with a plan of my own that I want our masons to work on.

Basically the plan is to design a pit over the main entrance of our fort and since the fire imps are no more I want to suggest the miners to dig out a path that will open up lava and let is flow all the way to where the pit will be built. Once that is done and the lava is under control, the rest of the team will design a bridge that will cover the pit and set up a mechanism to a lever to draw it up. And then some magma proof flood gates to keep the lava under control?. Once that is done, all we have to do is wait for the biokkuris to make their move?.

And once they get to the bridge?if they survive that is?..we can watch as they either fall to their fiery graves or splatter against the wall!

This should be a rather entertaining project indeed?.heheheheh

Project Obsidian

With all that we have done up to this point? if we can harness the power of lava we can surely control water as well. My idea will be to create a pit where we will let lava and water flow together. The end result should create a place where we will create obsidian whenever we want!! With obsidian we can make all sort of awesome material especially obsidian swords!

I should make for an interesting and simple project but we do need to create some floodgates to control both the water and magma(and magmaproof too)?otherwise it?ll be dangerous?

Other than that, plan to see if I can continue to monitor the trades as I usually do and probably fish and cook? (Like I got anything else to do?)

Though I will say?.we need Baxulite?especially for the mechanism that I have in mind?

7th day of the first month of Spring

Jan-san seems to be a wild mass production machine with his beds?.he keeps making top quality works on a constant rate. It just astonishes me?

14th of the first month of Spring

The Parseekuris have appeared once more with their goods for trade?.this can only mean one thing for me? time to get everything ready and the negotiate the trades with these jealous yuukuri? hopefully they?ll have something good.

And to top it all off? one of the planter Suikas have taken a mood and withdrew from her activities?and took over the jewelry station!

17th of the First month of Spring

Our planter Suika has finished producing an awesome pyrite piece worth 4800. And in the end she now has developed a excellent talent for gem setting?.looks like it?s time to put her in the gem business now!

1st of the Second Month of Spring

Project BRIDGE OF DEATH is underway. The mining crew has taken on the task of digging the pit to be 8 stories deep. This should be more than deep enough for us to test some things.

Course I learned that they struck Orthachise while down there? I guess we may change our plans a little and see what kind of material is down in this area before to return to building this death trap?

5th of the Second Month of Spring

After stalling the Parsees for over a half a month, I decide to come up and talk to them?.as usual they act like their typical jealous selves?.regardless though they are still willing to trade?. But they are so picky, and offending them is way too easy?.do these yukkuri even know how to take it easy sometimes?

Anyways, their stock consisted of some wood, lots of rope weed and some wild berries?

And as usual I took their wood and berries in exchange for some of our stone crafts?as long as we trade our stuff for their wood they won?t get jealous, but yet if they see us cutting our own wood they could become jealous..better safe than sorry?

Either way, simple trade for a good deal?

6th of the Second Month of Spring

It appears the Masons had finished their job engraving the wall of the dining room. I decided to take a look at what they have done?.

Out of all of them these grabbed my interest the most?.

The great mayor sure does love her stuff alright. This picture fits her perfectly?.

Next was this picture of a poor Suika burning to death? which was related to the forest fire incident.

Then there was this one of Jan-san holding a bed? hahaha the idea behind it was funny. But considering her masterpieces she?s been crafting it?s no wonder!

There was also one of Zengar holding a mini forge as well.

Other than that, the rest of the images consisted of simple imagery or images that were related to our great leader and Mayor Purvis and his rise to power.

16th of the Second Month of Spring

The parseekuris had left, not much to report as the Bridge of death is still being built?

6th of the last month of spring

A migrant of Suikas have come to our land and among them?.the dungeon master! Who I think has topped us in terms of her drunkenness. As she came charging to our fortress where only a hood, a cloak and some mittens?. I personally was rather surprised?.but beyond that?. We now have 20 more Suika in the family now totally to 81!

Looks like Jan-sans going to have to work overtime again?.

29th of the last month of Spring

I?ve ran into a problem with Operation BRIDGE OF DEATH. As we looked over the plan once more we found out that the design set the bridge directly above the dining room?and that?s no good. So as a final measure I requested to mayor Purvis to move the traps further inside. He agreed with the plan since he has a love for elaborate traps like I do?.I?m so looking forward to this?.

Final Spring report.

Other than the plans?things are running a little slow for the beginning but now that we have the bridge plans set up we should have nothing to worry about the rest should come easy?.Hopefully we should have Bridge of Death completed by the end of summer is all works out?. Which by then the humans should come and maybe we will have enough materials to buy from them that we can use for building our plans?.

I'll give more on the fortress itself at a later time....for now ON TO SUMMER!
Now I Twitter

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 5: Spring: Operation BRIDGE OF DEATH!
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2009, 06:00:15 AM »
Aw, I have an engraving~

Looks like things are moving along well! I'll be waiting for the summer report.

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 5: Summer: Biokkuri mass killing
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »
15th Day of the First Month of Summer

The humans have started to make their way toward our home bringing tons of goods to share among the Suika, we must make haste and get as many good produced before they our fort!

17th Day of the First Month of Summer

Just as the humans were coming into our port we received news that our faithful Mayor Purvis has been re-elected once again. Here’s to another year Mayor!

18th Day of the First Month of Summer

Our Suika Patrol has just spotted an ambush that was set up by the Biokkuri. The biologically factory produced menaces consisted of Minoriko, Sizuha and Koa types!

And they’re attack everyone from above ground by firing arrows down into the river where our fellow Suika fish! I’m giving the order to raise the bridge while our Suikas prepare for battle!

Meanwhile, more bands of Koa types go out Sakuya clubbing

The Biokkuri belive the only way to take it easy is to drop dead easy.... they have no morals...

But it turns out the new jeweler just happened to be on the bridge when it was activated! So she fell into the river along with a Sakuyakkuri and soon both were shot down while struggling to swim.

It’s time to commence with an all out attack!

22th of the First Month of Summer

After a deep and intense battle, many Suika had fallen but we managed to withstand the battle against the biokkuri after three ambushes and defeat the biokkuri squad of 20 troops with only 6 champions and 1 marksSuika!

But not all was without loss….

4 of our champions had fallen to the attacks and Anthony fell in battle as well…. Which meant that as of this point… we have only 2 Suika Champions left to protect the fortress so under Mayor Purvis’s orders was given that we would recruit the new Suika peasants into the army to replace those that were already lost….but this time however he wants to make them better prepared So he has order to have all the biokkuri’s equipment melted and remade so the Suika can use them in battle!

Thus matching up to the biokkuri’s next attack….

20th of the Second Month of Summer

I had orders from the mayor to design a burial place for our fallen soldiers. So I decided that we would make the 3rd floor their resting place….It’ll serve them well as they have fought bravely against the Biokkuri forces….

3rd of the Last Month of Summer

A small accident occurred while Xan was trying to channel out the pit for the BRIDGE OF DEATH. Somehow he fell through the floor and crashed two stories down. He only suffered minor bruises though. So he pretty much brushed himself off and returned to work once he woke up from his nap…

30th of the Last Month of Summer

We have nearly completed the pit as of this point, the only thing that remains is install the bridges, setting up the mechanisms and make the pit on the first floor so we can make a bridge in that area… but when is a good time to do that. We expect our fellow Suika to come trade with us in the Autumn…. Should we do while were there or wait it out till they leave?

Final Summer Report

This season took a toll on our lives as we suffered some casualties from the biokkuri attack, but we were fortunate to drive them away. Regardless though we lost 7 Suikas in that battle. They are becoming smarter, but we still have a chance, thankfully the bridge is nearly complete, but there is still one problem pertaining to the completion….the lack of Baxunite….. without it, our Iron floodgates will not work when submerged with lava…. Hopefully we will solve this problem in the fall with our fellow Suika traders…

Otherwise, we will have to resort of digging and hoping we find it….

Also on another note, Anthony if you around, do you wish to come back as another Suika or would you rather be Anthony II based on your only surviving Suika child?

Edit: Due to unexpected outcomes my file got taken over and I was force to replay from mid-summer, most things played out the same way except with the Suika that took on the mood and took over the shop. That didn't happen
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 03:33:56 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 5: Summer: Biokkuri mass killing
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »

Just a suggestion to make the viewing easier for some people. Use the scaling function that can be put into the tags.

Code: [Select]
[img width=xxx height=xxx]www.yourpichere.com[/img]

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Year 5: Autumn: Never take it easy with biokkuris or cave ins
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2009, 07:06:08 AM »
1st day of the first month of Autumn

The Aki Sisters are in full swing again so we best make haste to prepare for the winter. But the season range out with another crash….

Another cave in took place at the pit, which will be filled with lava soon. It turned out Rika foolishly mined in the wrong spot where Xan II was channeling. As a result they both got caught in a cave in and plummeted 5 stories down.

The amazing part is they both survived. But not without bad injuries…

Both Xan and Rika now have badly damaged legs and arms, but Xan’s in critical condition while Rika’s only moderate. Along with that, some stray Sakkuyakkuris were caught in the cave in as well and while some of them were killed, others survived with wounds…

Both miners have been taken to beds while they rest…. As for now Aviater will have to finish building the pit, which will be for the BRIDGE OF DEATH!

2nd Day of the First Month of Autumn

After talking to Mayor Purvis, we decided that the injured Sakuyakkuris could not be of any good to us, so he ordered me to get the butcher shop running and put them down. Looks like we’ll be having bean paste tonight!

9th of the First Month of Autumn

The First Bridge has been completed; all that is left is to install the mechanical gears to it so it can rise.

When the merchants come into our depot we will remove the floor above and place a bridge there as well…

All that will remain is a way to control the lava….
11th of the First Month of Autumn

The Suika traders finally came by everyone's going out to gather material left over from the biokkuris to get them ready for trade. Here's hoping we can get some Baxuite!

17th of the First Month of Autumn

As our Suikas ran out gather some items that they were going to set up for trading, they were caught in an ambush set up by the Biokkuri! It mainly consisted of 3 Shizuha and 3 Koa types. They mainly caught some of our people and pulverized them! Right away the champion squad was sent out to neutralize them.

I happened to be caught in the mess that day and I was thankfully able to survive because I only took a blow that knocked me down. However I was feel a bit sick….soo…. yeah… I’ll deal with trading with the other Suika once I fell a little better…..

Top things off, MAyor Purvis was caught in the mess as well and was being chased by some biokkuri, our Mayor must survive at all cost. Champions get your arses moving!

And thus they began to rip and tear the evil yukkuri like paper….

20th of the First Month of Autumn

We successfully rescued Mayor Purvis and the Lasion from the biokkuri assault and managed to drive away the biological menace.

However we suffer a few casualties at the cost…Three Suikas fell that day. They were a bone crafter, a Thresher and a Lye maker….

Guess we’ll have our peasants replace them….

As of right now…once everyone’s inside we should get the orders to go back outside to gather the rest of the goods….

At least it wasn’t as bad as the last assault…

There's still one left and it's chasing Ramis, we'll let the champions go after it....
21st of the First Month of Autumn

I guess I should of expected this….but they’re at it again! They snuck in though the back door after the guardians were assigned to chase the Shizuha type going after Ramis.

It was left open for the Suikas to walk through to collect water for Xan II and Rika until the bridge was complete…. Damn, can’t they leave us alone?!

I’ve sent the other squad of three to go to the Bridge at once as their fellow comrade had been pulverized along with her child and sent the other two trainees to hold off the assault till the mayor could escape safely and lock the doors, Of all the times mayor...drinking your sunshine, unaware of the battle that's taking place….get running!

During that time the Champions manage to get to Ramis and beat down the biokkuri that was chasing her… (don't ask me why the picture messed up..)

Inside however, the biokkuri were fixing to clash with Suika army near by the bridge. The mayor just happen to be nearby as she was busy drinking Sunshine as this event unfolded… In the midst of the battle one Suika was killed, but eventually a Suika from the caravan came armed with a crossbow and fired at the biokkuri squad making it unable to fight before long before it died from internal bleeding…

As a result the biokkuri squad feel back and retreated as the War Sakuyakkuris were chasing after them.

22nd of the First Month of Autumn

It was just then the champions returned to their post when they found the biokkuri leaving the area, they managed to get to them and intervene. A sakuyakkuri tried to aid them, but even with her knife and razor-sharp teeth she could only do so much and was ripped apart however it gave the Suika enough time to beat every one of the squads as they were retreating!

In fact one Shizuha type was pulverized to oblivion before it finally gave in and died from the pain it was receiving as it was battered up and bruised beyond recognition. Pretty much they were all having the bean paste beaten out of them, but this one was over the top!

But as of now, the battle with the biokkuri has ended so now we can rest easy for now. The Champions will continue to work their post while our squads go into training and show our new recruits the art of combat…

Meanwhile Alviter will finish making the pit so Ramis can start working on the bridge….

As for me… I got Trading to do!

It can be noted that in this battle in total 6 Suikas were lost brinking the population back to 69..

26th of the First Month of Autumn

After some drinking to settle my stomach down, I went and negotiated with the fellow Suika traders at the depot.

They sure brought a lot of things this season. In fact a lot of things were good. So I bought out a good portion of what they had to offer.

Pretty much bought their metal bars, their wood, their gems (both large and small), their steel weapons, their steel armor, some meat, some metal goods and even their stone blocks! Sadly they didn’t have bauxinite…..

So it appears we will have to postpone the completion of Operation BRIDGE OF DEATH. However…not without completing the bridge first…

As soon as Purvis gets a chance, he needs to tell the Lasion to order Bauxinite….lots of it….

Also, since I’ve been working the trade skills for so long, I’ve become rather good at understanding trading so I’ve decided to become a trader myself.  Course this doesn’t mean I’ll quit my day job.

30th of the First Month of Autumn

The Lasion finally had a chance to talk to Mayor Purvis about what he wanted from them…after much negotiation, the mayor told them that we needed bauxite since that was a major priority for our projects. And to top it all off he’s also asked them to bring different types of metals along with weapons, armor, and ammo. I think the fact that he’s become a near victim to the biokkuri twice now has the mayor worried. So it looks like we will be working overtime!

4th of the Second Month of Autumn

The Lasion returned with an offer for his list of items their Suikas want. Based on what the mayor told me, it appears they demand similar things like he wanted. So I guess they must be pretty desperate to be seeking armor, ammo and certain weapons. So maybe we should consider making some armor for them?

6th of the Second Month of Autumn

The passage to the outside through the main entrance has been finally cut off. So we can now get started on constructing a bridge to for our project… once that’s done and the mechanisms are in place…there will be only one thing left to do…. But at this rate….it may take till next year to complete it since we lack the Bauxite for our protection….

As for now, all the Suikas will have to take the back door if they have plans for any out door activities…

14th of the Second Month of Autumn

The Suika Merchants have decided to leave….

But…. We got a bit of a problem….their only form of transportation to leave here is not available…. I’m certain they can be patient though…a few days…a month or two at most?
27th of the Second Month of Autumn

At last, the Bridge was finished, the Suika were able to cross it safely and continue on their journey. Now it's time to have the mayor put the mechanism in the bridges...

28th of the Second Month of Autumn

I recently gave the command to Artievir to begin working on the room that will be the obsidian farm. Here it’ll serve as out place where was can use the lava and water to make obsidian, a great recourse for making swords and other goods. The only thing that is important to know is we have to plan it carefully. Again, like with the BRIDGE OF DEATH, the smallest mistake with the plans to the farm can spell disaster to our underground home. So it’s important that we plan everything out!

As of right now, Artivier has discovered Aluminum in the area, so I’ve ordered him to dig it out. It should have its valuable uses…

2nd of the Last Month of Autumn

As the Aki sisters finish their work for the season, Artiver begins mining the main room floor for the Obsidian Farm. During his digging she found copper within the area, I guess we’re going to be making some materials with this stuff!

Meanwhile Mayor Purvis is moving the switch for the bridges further back to allow easier access for the Suika during the invasion. Once the mechanisms are put in place we shall inform to Suika to steer clear of the are while we conduct the first test….

8th of the Last Month of Autumn

The First test was a success! Both bridges lift the shortly after the switch is activated. This should make any Biokkuri that enters the fortress become either really hurt after dropping seven stories or get crushed…but we still need that final touch…. In the mean time, I’m going to have a team create some walls in one area of the pit. The other will remain open till we get the parts for the lava flood gates…

11th of the Last Month of Autumn

Some Suika have migrated to our fortress! Most of them seem likely to become part of the army based on what I see, but we do have a carpenter, a gem setter and a Wrestler joining among our ranks. As of this point, our Suika population has hit 80. Cheers!

16th of the Last Month of Autumn

Our Glassmaker has gone stalk raving mad! She’s running around blabbering like a fool as she start pulling her clothes off. She’s gone absolutely insane! Best we prepare the graves for her….

Looks like one of our new comers it taking over glass making.

Final Autumn Report

As of this point we’ve successfully made the base format of our BRIDGE OF DEATH and the obsidian farm, all that remains is to extract and remove the copper form there and then start working on channeling out the rest of the floor needed for this afterward it’s just a matter of obtaining the Bauxite for the lava….will we find it or will we buy it? I don’t know. But we have to work at it. Plus now we got to keep our guard up especially with all the biokkkuri onslaughts that keep happening. I can tell the Mayor is getting nervous even though he seems calm. Cause it seems they are aiming for him particularly…. In the mean time we shall continue to work on building and figuring out what to do with the rest of the structure….

As for a fun question, where should I put the metals I’ve been finding? Should I just make another stockpile on the first floor to place the copper? Or should we make a room to store it in here?

As for now here's a portion of the Fortress's layout as of this point.

Surface

Main Floor: Storage and workshops

B1: Living Quarters

B2: Magma metal works factory, burial and soon to be Obsidian farm

B6: Bottom of the Pit for the BRIDGE OF DEATH! and sealed off mined area

Ok any thoughts or suggestions before I continue on?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 07:25:29 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

Suika Fortress - Year 5: Winter: Flinging beanpaste and finishing constructions
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2009, 04:50:43 AM »
Personally, I'm surprised no one said anything on here. Although Ramus did bring it up. I had a bit of a situation occur over the course of this week that really slowed me down. I also had plans for illustrations...but that got canned as well due to the events..

I would of mentioned that I needed an extention just for this case as I finished my run back a few days ago just so I can get through my problem. But anyways, at least even with the extention, I'm still on time. So let me finish telling the winter log....

6th of the First Month of Winter

I made the call to tell everyone to start dragging up copper nuggets to the first floor in a new set of stockpiles. Once the area is clean Altevier will channel out the rest of the hole to make room for the obsidian pit.

14th of the First Month of Winter

I got news that Xan the II has recovered from some of her injuries; she’s improved from critical to stable condition. As of right now her left lower arm and right hand still need time to heal…so it’ll take time... no news on Rika’s condition improving…

16th of the first month of Winter

Again they appear….the vicious biokkuri! And it appears a child is the first to witness the ambush. I’ve ordered all the Suikas to run into the fortress. I’m going to get everyone prepared and stationed so they can prepare to attack the evil biokkuri force.

So far we know that there is three Koa types and two Shizuha types…

21th of the first month of Winter

Another ambush! They are pretty hard press to go after every suika there is! They even used a biokkuri thief as bait and then attempt to ambush the soldiers as they chase the thief!

However the Suikas were too smart. The three rushed in and beat down the biokkuri before they could make any moves on them! And in one case I caught notice as the champion grabbed a hold of one of the biokkuris and flung it many yards before it fell down a single story crashing into the ground leaving a big mess. We need more Champions like that in our camp!

22nd of the first month of Winter

Another small squad of biokkuri came forth to attack… once more; our Suika team with little effort picked them off easily.

24th of the first month of Winter

The Third Ambush, consisted of three koa types, two wrestlers and a mace wilder, and three Daiyousei wielding swords. They were chasing the glassmaker around when our Suika team finally came forth. Once again, they save the defenseless Suika and pulverized the squad of 6 using only 3 Suikas. And the champion seemed to have fun flinging around the biokkuris practically, she just went and tossed everyone that she saw! Talk about massive arm power!

Now as of this point we didn’t suffer a big a loss like before, only three Suikas fell and they were soldiers. Two of them were rookies while the other was an elite wrestler.

27th of the first month of Winter
The layout for the Obsidian farm is complete! All that remains now it to being work on using the water and lava and being able to control and regulate it. Creating a water channel that can be control by a floodgate is no problem…It’s the Bauxite for the lava we still have problems with…

For now though I’ve asked Altriver to begin working on a channel where the water will pour from above…

7th of the Second Month of Winter

The crazy glassmaker who was running around naked finally died… sadly this was expected, but could be done about it? She was in a total loss… Time to toss her in the graveyard pile…

22nd of the Second month of Winter

Altervier has finally finished channeling the river so the water could travel through there. Once we order the Suika to open the floodgate…Every else went smoothly from there. The water came pouring from the ceiling in the center of the Obsidian farm and as it poured it created a waterfall mist effect.

It was a rather spectacular view from what I could see. One thing we do have to note is we need to carefully regulate the obsidian farm’s water since it comes pouring in.

Because if we don’t pay attention….it could be a serious problem. For the sake of being safe, I advice that once the waters reach 2/7 we order the Suika to flip the switch. Cause it may take them a while to reach the area…

Also I’ve been debating if this should serve as a swimming pool when it’s not in use… just a thought though….

14th of the Last Month of Winter

It just recently came to my attention that were getting several good champions lately we’ve not got 4. I’ve decided we need to work on giving them other weapons to be good with cause while hand to hand combat has it’s advantages we need other methods to ensure they’ll make it in a war.

21st of the Last Month of Winter

Another Farmer Suika was struck in a Fey Mood, and had taken over the craftsman shop that Zengar was working in…. with some wood, aulinte and a cur piece of gem, she begins to work on her creation…

27th of the Last Month of Mayor

Our farmer has now completed his creation. A Chest nut crown encrusted in aulinte and made with spikes of yellow zircon! And it’s valued at 27800. That’s quite valuable alright! As for now she is now a woodcrafter to top it off. I guess we can include that in her things to do list though wood isn’t a major priority till trading time…

Final Winter Report

With Winter coming to an end what I can point out that while Xan and Rika are still recovering, Altrevier was able to make big leaps and bounds in place of the other miners. At least the bridge and Obsidian farm’s layout are complete. But in order for the rest of it of it to be complete we will need a few things….

First was will need Bauxite, without it, we will be unable to create the mechanisms to safely open and shut the flood gates and this will only lead to danger. This is why I went and put together an order with the mayor for Bauxite blocks. They should be coming in the Suika Caravan by Autumn….

Second is the layout for the lava tunnel and the floodgates.

As we know, we need floodgates that can tolerate intense heat and the only thing we have right now to do this is iron. So we will need to reduce some iron stuff and make them into floodgates. Thankfully, there’s already someone working on melting stuff so that shouldn’t be a problem….

Once the bauxite mechanism are made we need to make a tunnel for where the lava will go. And before we dig into the lava, install the iron flood gates, install the levels for these flood gates, and then the bauxite mechanisms. Once this is done, we can finally dig in the rest of the way and let the lava flow and give out Suika enough time to escape before shutting the floodgate and allowing the operation to begin.

This should allow our fortress to have better death traps and more productive means of making materials!

And with that…

the lily white comes…

This concludes my turn!

I was hoping to add a little more story to the plot. But  I have no time. So as of right now all I have is two things…
Beer Axe File(Media Fire)
Beer Axe File (Rapid Share)
First the files to Beer Axe
As usual, just put this in your saves folder and your good to go.

Suika Fortress Files(Media Fire)
Suika Fortress Files (Rapid Share)
And Second, some updates done to the Suika Fortress spites!
This update includes:
The goliath doll as the Bronze Colossus
Small fixes in the Suika sprites programming
Additional sprite fix for Biokkuris
Added a change to the human caravan merchants

Make sure to down load it and simple replace the folders within the raw folder with the new folders, they have everything inside.

That’s it for me!

And yes I’m signing up again!

As usual if any questions, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:37:23 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Purvis strode down the halls, making a surprise evaluation of Beer Axe due to having nothing better to do at the moment. In particular, she is frowning at the dining room. "YOU!" she cries, pointing at a random brewer enjoying a plump helmet, "MAKE EXPLAINS AS TO REASON THAT THIS FLOOR IS WITHOUT ENGRAVES!"

The Suika coughs on a mouthful of her mushroomy treat, then ponders. At length, she shrugs. "...Ghosts?"

"AAAAGH!" Purvis throws her hands in the air and stomps off. Soon she finds herself outside. She marches over the refuse stockpile, frowning. "You!" she cries, pointing at the nearest Suika, who is carrying back a leather loincloth, "Why is there much wasting of bones and skulls when there is carving to be made done! GET THEM INSIDE!"

"Is places of none to put them, you drunkard!" the Suika shouts back.

Purvis clutches her horns. "WHY OF!"

"...Is maybe Fire Snakes?"

"AAAAAGH!"

Purvis storms off to investigate the ships next. Poking to the craftssuika shop where she sometimes labors. For a moment, she simply quivers with rage.Then she fixes a fierce gaze on the nearest Suika and cries, "WHY IS SHOP OF CRAFTS FILLED TO BRIMMING WITH TOTEMS!"

"NOT OF TONIGHT, I AM HAVING ACHING HEAD!" Serpentarius shouts back.

"Ha! You boozer!" Purvis replies, shaking a fist, "You know you are of liking it!"

"Much stabbing in your ears!" Serp says back with an obscene gesture.

"Later in the tonight!" Purvis says. "First, totems! They are being here!"

"We have no bins! Just like you in bed!"

"AAAAAAGH! I need much drinks!"

"No time for of obtaining that!" says Zengar, "Is Parsekkuri!"

Purvis shut her eyes tightly and grabbed her horns. Maybe, she pondered, if she she wished hard enough, she could set fire to them all. Or an imp would escape and do it for her.

"Parsekkuris are of here!" Cried Purvis, surveying the depot. "Where is trader!?"

"I am on break!" says Totaki.

Purvis throws her hands into the air. "You boozer, we needing you!"

"I'm not of boozering yets~" says Totaku as she drifts towards the ale barrels.

"AAAAGH!"

Totaku staggers back a little while later, "Okay I am much soused. Lets make traderings!"

"Take it easy," says a Parsekkuri, "But none of that sheddings blood stuff or else much frownings!"

Totaku looks at the ceiling-high pile of leather and bone goods, most of them soaked through with all manner of humors, and appraises it. Then she reaches into it and pulls out a bloodsoaked sock of cave spider sock. "Is only littles bloody..." she says with a hopeful grin.

"Kawaii!" answers the Parsekkuris, as as they surrender all of their wood.

"Make of much bins!" cries Purvis joyfully.

"Is migrants!" says Zengar.

"Put them in the army!" says Purvis. "Those boozers!"

"There am Baron!" Zengar adds.

"WHAT!!"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:13:37 AM by Dr. Purjewry M.F.D. »

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 6: Spring: The Suika Baron comes to Beer Axe!
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »
Oh wow, now we got a baron?! Man, this fortress is fixing to go a big change, I better hope we can fulfill this guy's demands. XD Course then again, aren't most nobles a pain in the butt. :P
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2009, 01:08:03 AM »
"Harumph rumph harmph har umph harumph!" says the Baroness; whose proper position Zengar seems to have neglected so that Purvis would make an ass of herself upon their introduction.

"Yes yes you of want rooms," says Purvis.

"Harumph rumph rumph Ha!"

"And dining vestibule"

"Rumph Harumph!"

"And much office..."

"Rumph"

"Rightings now. Much yes..."

"Rmph."

"Is good thing!" says Purvis, grinning as she leads the Baroness down the halls south of the Depot. "Am having rooms just in placing for you!"

"Har?"

"Much enjoyings!" Says Purvis, giving the Baroness a pat on the shoulder. "Hey Totaku! Gettings me an dining room already! And much engrave it! And putting in spiffy chair! The alunite one with mountains and cougars!"

"Am genius!" says Purvis over dinner with Serp, whose thorough fascination with the the artifact throne is attention enough for Purvis. "We make much coverings of bridge, you seeing? Then everyone am all safely when biokkuri come! Then we make fishings place!"

"You did it wrong," says Altrevir as she barges in. "Walls falling in river, now Ramis is dead!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Purvis fell to her knees. "WHY! WHY AM TAKING OF RAMIS!?"

"HARMP HARUMPH!"

"SHUTTINGS UP BARONESS, YOU NOT UNDERSTANDINGS! GO BACK TO HALLWAY!" Serpentarius shoots a glare in the Baron's direction, then gives Purvis an uncharacteristically sympathetic pat on the shoulder. Ramis was one of them. To lose her in such a manner...

"AHJAHSDJAHJDHSJKHFDJKHFKDHFKD
HKJDHFkJAHFKJSDHFDKJHFKSDUAHHENJERKSSERHRJKEHRKEL!!!!" shouts a brewer outside as she runs off with arms waving to evict a craftssuika from her appointed tasks.

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

There is a

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2009, 11:19:56 AM »
I demand a second Ramis to be named immediately!

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »
Oh this is being made of much awesomesauces, Purvison. I am being much amused. Do carry on, good chap.

Now a quick suggestion, if I may. If I remember correctly, isn't there a narrow pass right beyond the main entrance. Ever considered placing a gated wall there as a first line of defense? Or would that stop caravans from moving through? Or perhaps a set of walls leading into a narrow killing field lined with traps and covered by ballistas?

And the backdoor, if I understand correctly, there are no traps guarding it yet? Or am I mistaken?

As for the baroness, let her have a room in the dungeon, surrounded by lava pits. Ahahaha haha ha.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »
There is a
Cliffhanger?

Poor editting.

"HARUMPH HA HA RUMPH MPH HA!"

"SHUTTINGS UP BARONESS!" says Purvis as she walks down the hall, followed by the Baroness, "I AM MAKING ROOMS WHEN AM GOOD AND DAMNING READY! GOING AND DROWN! I AM TRYING TO PUTTINGS PEOPLE AT WORK! WE NEED OF MONEY NOW AAAAAGH!"

"Rumph!" says the Baroness as she storms off.

"AND DROWNING OF WIFE WHILE BEING ATS IT!"

"I made a crown!" says the Brewer-turned-CraftsSuika as she emerges from her isolation. "Is made of turtlings shell and an iron studs and bandings of horns silver and more irons and squee~ Is worths 44000 currenies, hooray! Now am muchly awesomes crafter!"

"Feh!" says Purvis, as she goes to inspect the Ramis Memorial Bridge. Work had progressed well on it, the walls were built up, and Suikas were busily skittering above to put in the roof. A little ways over, the newly established Ramis Memorial Covered Fishing Dock was also well underway. Purvis wasn't sure if fish would swim under a curtain wall, but it never hurt try when they had that much schist just sitting around.

"Needings work!" a milker cries at Purvis. "Muchs of sick sleeping in filth!"

"YOU ARE WITHOUT USE!" Cries Purvis, clutching her horns. "WHAT IS WORTHINGNESS OF MILKER? NOTHINGS! GO JOIN ROYALS GUARD!"

"FINE!"

"...That was of muchs working..." Purvis mutters, and she wanders off to find more useless Suikas to put into the Royal Guard so she won't have to worry about them.

"Hellos!" Says a Rinnosukkuri from behind, causing Purvis to leap  high enough to hit her horns on the ceiling.

"When am you getting here!?" says Purvis

"Much soon," answers the Rinnosukkuri. "Take it easy, is tradings times!"

"AAAAGH! Totaku you lush, gets movings!"

"Am too busy being soused~" says Totaku from underneath a sunshine barrel.

"Sos," say Totaku, "We am of giving your biokkuris things. And you of givings us metals and food and booze and woods and things?"

"Kawaii!" was all the Rinnosukkuris could answer, as they stared enraptured at the ceiling-tall, wagon-sized pile of leathery bloody vomit-encrusted biokkuri underthings.

"Wouldings you give us more of these things in futures for this?" Purvis asks the Rinnosukkuri who snuck up on him originally, gesturing toward the pile; but not too strongly lest it tempt more of the pile's odor toward her.

"Very yes!" shouts the Rinnosukkuri as its friends set to loading up their newly acquired goods.

Purvis shrugs. "Okays."

"We got too much food," says Serpentarius, "It's all over the floor."

"Huh," says Purvis. "Storings it...uh...in the rooms of much new. The nicelying ones. And of outside the tombs." Then she notes the Baroness prowling about. "Engrave of other new rooms, the bigging ones!" The Baroness draws closer to listen hopefully. "Makings them of much swank! Swankiest as can be mades! Then fillings them with beds and be makings them barracks for poorful people to sleep!"

"HA HARUMPH!?!?"

Purvis grins, glances over to a chuckling Serpentarius. "And now I am givings you sauciests of winks! Eh?" Purvis then ducks aside quickly enough that the Biokkuri Leather loincloth that Serpentarius throws only catches on her left horn. "And you are of sauciest too!"

"Why are you cutting out middles of sleeping of place floor?" Serpentarius asks, as Purvis inspects aforementioned construction. "These rooms are looking like fingers. Is strangers."

"Ah, is much truths!" says Purvis. "Tiny smaller rooms for peoples of much poors. Only three steps big! Is the very cheapest!"

"Rumph ha?"

Purvis grabbed her horns. "GOINGS AWAY BARONESS, AM HELPING POORS RIGHT!"

"Harum!"

"The bridge and fishing place are done!" says Totaku.

Purvis grins. "Ha! Ha! Let us see biokkuris make pinshootings of us now!"

"We of got more champions!" calls Zengar from above.

"Good!" says Purvis. Then noting that the Baroness was still sulking about, she adds, "I am making much engravings of your room!"

"Huzzah!" calls Zengar.

"Rumph!?!?"

"The well is done!" says Jan-san.

"Of much good!" says Purvis, as she makes her way toward the sunshine barrels.

"Is Caravan from motherland~" says Anthony II

"AAAAGH! GET THE CRAP OF PILED! TOTAKU GET SELF IN GEAR!"

"I are being already there," cries Totaku. "Motherland is slow!"

"HUALALSKASKLASKALJSLAKHSJKHAJKBNSKAKSJALSAJLMEKLEMKLRE!!" says Rika as she barges from her sickbed and punches a mason making doors until she leaves the mason station.

"Huh," says Purvis, rubbing her chin, "I didn't know they do that while much hurt. Learning and living, eh?" The she whirls on the trade depot. "TOTAKU GETTING BUTT OF YOU BACK TO TRADERING! ALL MOTHERLAND TRADERLIES IS HERE!"

"Am sleepytime~" says Totaku from her bed.

"...Oh wait," say Purvis, "Is still wagon taking whole week to move up hall. Much mistakings"

"Is thief!" says a Suika near the entrance.

"Punchings it in head!" says Purvis.

"Okay I beat it." says the Suika as she goes back to civilian duty.

Rika emerges from the mason station. "I maked table! Is made of one pieces of Sphalerite!"

"Frugality!" says Purvis approvingly. "Putting it in office of mine!"

"HAR!!!!"

Purvis grabs her horns and closes her eyes tightly "SHUTTINGS UP BARONESS! FINE! FINE! I AM PUTTINGS TABLES IN THE HALL! THERE IS DINING ROOM OF YOU! AND CHAIR FOR TABLE IS YOUR THRONE!"

"HARUMPH HAR HAR MPH RUMPH HA!"

"GO BE OF DROWNING BETWEEN WIFE'S LEGS. MAYBE THENLY ONE OF YOU WILLING BE OF HAPPY FINALLY! YOU... YOU...DOUBLE BOOZER! ZENGAR! AM ENGRAVING YOU A SPACE OF OFFICE NOW!"

"RUMPH!"

"I bought muchly things!" says Totaku. "Foods and boozes and metals and bauxite blocks and armors and metal bolts! Putting almost a dent in biokkuri crap!"

"Much celebratings!" answers Purvis.

"We ran out of barrels and now booze is mostly of drunk up," says Xan II

"AAAAGH! JAN-SAN! GET TO BARRELING! MAKE NEWFUL SHOP TO GET HELPS!"

"Ha!" says Jan-San, as she began to punch the wood into shape, making them in a matter of moments. "I shit barrels!"

"Good!" says Purvis, "Eatings much fiber!"

"So," says the motherland representative as she approaches Purvis, "What things am you of wanting."

And then Totaku seems to manifest out of the aether at Purvis' side, shouting. "Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite! Bauxite!"

"Yeah those," says Purvis. "Uh, metals too. The coiny ones." She looks at the horde records for a moment, then frowns. "Hey, who is making much forbiddings of armor and every things?" The only answer to be heard was a cavernous laugh from somewhere below the fortress. "SHUTTINGS UP, EVILS GHOST ANTHONY! Militaries, get ironfuls armor already! And putings those coins out of ways!"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:36:09 PM by Dr. Purjewry M.F.D. »

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 6: Summer: SHUTTINGS UP BARONESS!!
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2009, 09:18:12 PM »
"Ha!" says Jan-San, as she began to punch the wood into shape, making them in a matter of moments. "I shit barrels!"

"Good!" says Purvis, "Eatings much fiber!"

Oh, god. My roommates must think I'm insane.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to practice fortress-building and maintenance. I'm wondering if I should switch from participant to observer...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 6: Summer: SHUTTINGS UP BARONESS!!
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2009, 12:58:20 AM »
(Dude she totally shits barrels. It takes like two seconds for her to make one.)

"Harumph ha har mph!"

"Yes yes, fine," says Purvis as she makes her rounds. "you are wanting Aluminumful things. SOMEONE BE OF MAKE ALUMINUMFUL CRAFTS!"

"Harumph ha har har ha rump!"

"Fine fine Baroness Wife wanting brassic things  SOMEONE BE OF MAKE BRASSIC CRAFTS!"

"It's done!" says metalworker.

"Harumph ha har mph! Harumph ha har har ha rump!"

"Yes fine you are much wanting more aluminums and brasses. MAKE MORE THINGS! DO IT NOW!"

"Okay finished!" says another metalworker.

"Harumph ha har mph! Harumph ha har har ha rump! Ha har ha mph rumph!"

"Oh so you are wanting of more things and now tax collector wants rope reed things fine! HEY GET TO MAKING OF MORE THINGS FOR BARONESS AND WIFE"

"It's done, now maybe be of making coins of gold for much conning nomy?" says the Metalworker.

"Harumph ha har mph! Harumph ha har har ha rump!"

Purvis grabs her horns. "SHUTTINGS UP BARONESS! WE ARE TRYING TO DO REALS THINGS! FALLS INTO A BEER AND COME BACK FOR NEVER!"

"HARUM!"

Purvis barely pays the Baroness any mind anymore. "AND SHUTTINGS UP GHOST PERSON ANTHONY! GO MAKE DROWNINGS OF SELF IN SINK! DO IT NOW!"

He then approaches a brewer being suspiciously idle. "Make with things of brewing!" Purvis says, waving her arms as though she were trying to lift off from the ground.

"All the barrels are much fullful of fruits of soils," says the brewer.

"AAAAAGH! JAN-SAN! MAKINGS BAR-!"

"I am having masterpieces diarrhea!" declares Jan-San as she rolls out 20 new masterwork barrels.

"Muchful good!" says Purvis with a rare smile. "Getting drink, for stoppings of unhydration! Now," she points at the brewer, "makes muchly of sousewater!"

"I makings five barrels," the brewer says, "and now rest filled with fruitings of soil."

"Hey there are two thiefings~" says a chenkkuri.

"Hurt and scrapings them!" cries Purvis. "And make stops with the farmings already! Do it now!"

"ASGDHSGJEGREJHGJWERGJWETUOYOIJRTRMNLRNREUINGNRRSNONTLWERJKNFDLSMIOTROS!" says an animal caretaker as she runs into a craftssuika shope.

"They got away~" says the chenkkuri.

"AAAAGH!"

"I make bone flute!" says the animal-caretaker-turned-bone-carver as she emerges. "Is makings of bone and has spikes of oaks and greens glass and all kinds of neatful things! And has hero suplexing biokkuri!"

"Splendations!" cries Purvis. "Is not baddest idea...HEY MAKES AND CUTTINGS GREENFUL GLASS YOU DRUNKS!"

"Hey I just buyings of three stores for greatful capitalisms!" says Totaku, "Now comings and buyings and makings me crazyings richer!"

"Bah!" says Purvis, "Is crappish day. Maybe it is of time to impress Serpentarius with dexterousness..." Then she is tapped on the shoulder.

Welp, that's it for this year. Things were mostly uneventful on the military front, which is good because now we have a good deal of champions and shits. Construction-wise, I added a well, a covered fishing dock no one uses, the beginnings of of income housing, and covered the bridge. And I found that all the armor was forbidden for some reason.

Things to consider.

-THE DRINK IS LOW. We've got about 338 left for 102 Suikas. We have about 3000 plants, so I cut farming. Keep it cut til we empty out some barrels. Personally, I want a buffer of about 10 drinks per Suika.
-Keep making coins and doing busywork. We got an economy now, so people want money.
-Swank up the barracks on the residential floor. If poor people got no money, at least they can have swanky places to sleep to ease up the bad thoughts.
-Maybe rip out the floor of that fishing dock and replace it with a bridge, fisherSuikas may like this more.
-All bones should go toward bolts for archer practice. Use stone for crafts. Keep a couple bones around for strange moods, though gutting a yukkuri will do there.
-Now is probably a good idea to start buying up lots of cloth and leather and making clothes. People will want to buy them, economy circulates into Totaku's pockets, so on.
-Anything that goes wrong that we can't point a finger at is Anthony's fault, be sure to blame his evil-ass ghost~

I'll upload the file later. Need to go soon, and this is on dials-up.