Author Topic: 東方人工天災 - Iridescent Bloom (Alpha 13 "Judgement")  (Read 40683 times)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: 東方人工天災 - Touhou Jinkoutensai
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »
Ehhhnnmm... isn't the word  人工 supposed to be something "man-made"? So the last boss from this game is a human?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
Re: 東方人工天災 - Touhou Jinkoutensai
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
Actually, I still haven't fully established WHAT Onishi is yet.
But I'm kinda using it in the sense of artificial, not literally made by a human.

Edit: And I'm gonna have to make the updater change the game's name automatically soon.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:00:51 PM by Ran Yakumo »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Re: 東方人工天災 - Touhou Jinkoutensai (Alpha 12)
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
I think instead of Touhou Jinkoutensai, the title should go like this:
東方人工天災 ~ Iridescent Bloom
It's more fitting to what a Touhou game would normally be called, and the gratuitous Japanese is kind of odd.
Great work, though. I hope this turns out to be a great game once completed.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
Re: 東方人工天災 - Touhou Jinkoutensai (Alpha 12)
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2013, 11:35:09 PM »
I think instead of Touhou Jinkoutensai, the title should go like this:
東方人工天災 ~ Iridescent Bloom
It's more fitting to what a Touhou game would normally be called, and the gratuitous Japanese is kind of odd.
Great work, though. I hope this turns out to be a great game once completed.
Yeah, I guess that makes more sense. Thanks!

Re: 東方人工天災 - Iridescent Bloom (Alpha 12)
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »
I liked the backgrounds. The game is difficult to play because backgrounds and player bullets are far too bright. Also 30 FPS feels choppy.

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2013, 04:08:06 PM »
I liked the backgrounds. The game is difficult to play because backgrounds and player bullets are far too bright. Also 30 FPS feels choppy.
Yeah, I'll most likely darken the backgrounds a bit. And I can't increase the FPS to 60 unless I redo every spell card in the game to cut the number of bullets in half...

I'll get back to work on the project after my 2 weeks of camping and 3 day game competition.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:12:02 PM by Ran Yakumo »

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
Well, I'm done with the competition, so now I should get back to work on this.

But I'd like to ask for opinions. Who should I have as the midboss of Stage 6? (Onishi's stage)
It can be anyone, pretty much, but it would be best if they might have some kind of relation to floods/rain/storms.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2013, 03:25:46 PM »
Kanako should be Stage 6 midboss.

Or Nitori.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:30:35 PM by Yamamoto »
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2013, 02:35:46 AM »
Look towards Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and pick one of the two new characters.
I think Tenshi will be a good candidate
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:38:38 AM by Lavalake »
Currently a normal player

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2013, 05:35:23 AM »
Look towards Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and pick one of the two new characters.
I think Tenshi will be a good candidate
Agreed

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »
Tenshi or Iku would work.

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2013, 05:16:19 PM »
Well, thanks for the feedback, I have an idea of what I can do with Tenshi :D

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
Re: 東方人工天災 - Iridescent Bloom (Alpha 13 "Judgement")
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »
Update! Alpha 13 - "Judgement"

Alpha 13 Game changes:
- Redesigned every spell and non-spell in Stage 3 & 4
- Absorption effects changed to DDC style

Alpha 13 Engine Changes:
- Fixed some absorption effect bugs

If you already have a copy of the game, just run it to automatically receive the new update!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:05:00 AM by Ran Yakumo »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2013, 09:40:34 PM »
Er, the link's broken.

Infinite redirect loop, my browser says.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2013, 06:39:54 PM »
Er, the link's broken.

Infinite redirect loop, my browser says.
??
Works for me.

And as a side note, I just realized that the dialog system broke again in this update -.-

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2013, 05:26:54 AM »
So I decided that I might scrap the Tenshi idea. Instead, I'm thinking of mixing my plans for the 6th stage and Extra stage, and having stage 6 be made up of 2 big boss battles. Boss 1 would be Onishi of course, and boss 2 would be Pikuro.
The Onishi battle will be made up entirely of flashy endurance-style spell cards, with a giant cyclone encircling the stage in he background (I came up with this setting idea before DDC came out...) and this battle will be the climax. But Onishi, losing control of herself, decides that she is exempt from spell card rules...
Then the final battle will be when the storm dissipates and Pikuro gets there (too late to face Onishi). The heroin fights her in a normal, fair battle.
The extra stage will tell more background story but I won't reveal much yet :) (Just assume that Yukari is involved)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:33:01 AM by Ran Yakumo »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »
Fair Battle = PC-98 style boss?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »
??
Works for me.

Tried again, still didn't work....

This seems to happen on all MediaFire links for me... I already reported this to the MediaFire guys....

Maybe upload it somewhere else? It works for me everywhere else...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:51:31 PM by bigyihsuan »
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
Tried again, still didn't work....

This seems to happen on all MediaFire links for me... I already reported this to the MediaFire guys....

Maybe upload it somewhere else? It works for me everywhere else...
Odd. I guess I could put up a mirror, but that makes things more difficult to keep track of for me...

Fair Battle = PC-98 style boss?
?
I'm not sure what you mean.
I tend to make bosses more PC-98 style anyway.

And I just finished drawing Koishi Komeiji's sprites. I'll add her as a playable character soon.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:45:43 PM by Ran Yakumo »

SilentYukiro

• Silent Soul of the Electronic Skies
  • Clearly a Satori lover :3
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
Tried the download link a few times, it's still showing a redirect loop problem.

Since I saw about the post about BloomDev, I got interested to Iridescent Blossom :)

I might try BloomDev in creating my own fan game, but I gotta learn the basics first (aka Danmakufu). I hope the game you're making will be successful in the future.
"UNYUUU?"

Music is the essence of my soul.
Planned Fan-game: Touhou: Mad Tengu ~ Hellic Memories

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2013, 12:14:17 AM »
I might try BloomDev in creating my own fan game, but I gotta learn the basics first (aka Danmakufu). I hope the game you're making will be successful in the future.
Thanks. Just a warning, don't try to use the GUI editor for editing the enemies and bullets and characters, etc. It's very... um... badly made. You should probably only use it to create the game project and compile it. Use the Windows file browser and notepad++ etc. to edit the files.

Try this link? https://www.dropbox.com/s/aunhm3xjv6182zr/IB.zip
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:31:42 AM by Ran Yakumo »

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2013, 09:17:01 AM »
I'll give my impressions on this game:

1. At least for me, 30 fps doesn't seem smooth at all;
1b. With the game at 30 fps, you are probably going to have problems detecting collisions on small but fast bullets, as they can go through the player in a span of two frames;
1c. I've read somewhere that "you cannot change the game fps otherwise you'll need to modify the patterns too, which probably means you tied the ingame time to the fps. Does that mean you cannot change vsync on/off? What if I play the game on a higher refresh rate display and on fullscreen mode?;

2. Everything hitbox seems too big, probably another result from running it at 30 fps;
3. The current stages are basically nonexistant, they even fail to fullfill the "filler" role because:
 - The patterns are either too easy (even for Lunatic) and/or repeated over and over;
 - The duration of stage portions before/after midboss are really, really short;
4. Don't know if the soundtrack is a placeholder - I'm assuming it isn't, since you linked it on the first post but I didn't opened it yet - but it's not fitting the stages/bosses at all;
5. The "ice spears" bullets on the first stage are almost impossible to read with this water background if I don't (almost literally) put my face on the screen;
6. The transitions from [menus > gameplay], [stage portion > boss] and [stage > next stage] are nonexistant too;
7. Might be a biased opinion, but every character seems to have the same movement speed, and it's damn slow;

I am extremely sorry to give you such negative feedback, but when everything said above sums up, I end up not enjoying the game in the slightest and basically rage quitting.
I'll give you credits for coming up with an original engine - I know it's not an easy task - but I honestly think you should work on polishing the game on said points. You came so far, so I think you can do it.
:D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:24:52 AM by Luizsan »

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2013, 12:54:13 AM »
Yes, I realize how badly I did on this game, and as such I haven't really been working much on it lately.

I actually started work on a whole new game, from scratch. This one works a lot better and it's much, much, much faster and runs at 60 FPS even with 6000 bullets on the screen at once. I don't really have the motivation to make a full game anymore though...

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2013, 01:56:24 AM »
Ohh 6000 bullets with 60fps, you should make a video about that (A 60fps video, using fraps or something like). And I think that it is normal to lose your motivation with long projects. Try to take a break of it, play other games and go back to it later if you want. You have a lot of experience from your previous game.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2013, 10:36:37 AM »
he actually showed a screenshot of pushing it to 10000 bullet at full and stable 60fps.

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »
he actually showed a screenshot of pushing it to 10000 bullet at full and stable 60fps.
Yeah, but that was without the 3D background and effects and stuff, so I don't know how fast I can get it with all that other stuff.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2013, 07:50:04 PM »
What are you using for that new game? Are you still using Game Maker?

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »
GM Studio with the YoYo Compiler.