Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic  (Read 242792 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival III: Heresy and Magic
« Reply #660 on: January 23, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »
> Kogasa probably would appreciate the craftsmanship of the javelin, she's a blacksmith after all

> Quietly go back up the stairs enough so we can whisper without any chance of waking her up, wave to the others to follow back up

> Whisper "Well we're stuck, there's no chance we can get that close to her without her noticing"

> Whisper to Koakuma "That spell that brought us here, will it activate immediately upon touching the javelin or is there a delay?  Like do you reckon we can sneak up as close as we can and hope we touch it before she wakes up and realizes whats going on?"

> You return back up the stairs, although you note Kogasa has to be pulled away by Koakuma.

> "Unless she's a really deep sleeper." Kogasa says, not in her usual tone, but sounding somewhat unfocused.

> "I imagine there would be some sort of delay, after all, us three must remain in contact as well, or else we'll end up stuck here. If it activated immediately; even if we accidentally touched Gungir... that could be catastrophic." the deamon explains.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #661 on: January 23, 2020, 11:08:36 PM »
> Whisper "Kogasa you don't happen to have any magic to help sneak around?"

> Whisper "Koakuma you said the spell will also activate after some time has passed?  Do you think there will be any warning when it's about to activate which will let us time it so we disappear the moment we grab the javelin?  You're still in contact with lady Patchouli right?  Could you ask her how long the activation delay is?"

> Whisper "Could we perhaps activate a spell card in a way that Elis is left outside of its unpassable barrier field?  The spell card system should prevent a third person from interfering with a spell card duel"

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #662 on: January 23, 2020, 11:29:31 PM »

> Whisper "Koakuma you said the spell will also activate after some time has passed?  Do you think there will be any warning when it's about to activate which will let us time it so we disappear the moment we grab the javelin?"

> Whisper "Could we perhaps activate a spell card in a way that Elis is left outside of its unpassable barrier field?"

> Direct Kogasa's Question to Louise as well.

> Add to Kogasa :" And would it possible to summon enough rain in that room so that,with a well-chosen place to retreat to,Elis can be warded off until we are recalled back with Gungir in tow ?"

> Add to Koakuma : " And could Lady Patchouli be contacted to explain the situation we are in order to have her set up a faster "return" after we have given her a signal we are ready ?

> With Spell Card Barriers,Kogasa's Rain,Koakuma's Communication,Louise's Support Magic all working in well-planned synergy we should be able to make progress.
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #663 on: January 24, 2020, 05:41:49 PM »

> Whisper "Koakuma you said the spell will also activate after some time has passed?  Do you think there will be any warning when it's about to activate which will let us time it so we disappear the moment we grab the javelin?  You're still in contact with lady Patchouli right?  Could you ask her how long the activation delay is?"

> Whisper "Could we perhaps activate a spell card in a way that Elis is left outside of its unpassable barrier field?  The spell card system should prevent a third person from interfering with a spell card duel"

> Kogasa shakes her head.

> Koakuma seems to concentrate for a moment.

> "Patchouli says it'll take about thirty seconds for the spell to fully charge once it's triggered. A dimensional translocation takes a lot of energy." Koakuma answers.

> "I don't think spellcards would work properly in Makai. Makai isn't bound by the spellcard rules; and you'd be trying to create a Binding Field with Makaian magic, not Gensokyian." Koakuma responds.

> Direct Kogasa's Question to Louise as well.

> Add to Kogasa :" And would it possible to summon enough rain in that room so that,with a well-chosen place to retreat to,Elis can be warded off until we are recalled back with Gungir in tow ?"

> Add to Koakuma : " And could Lady Patchouli be contacted to explain the situation we are in order to have her set up a faster "return" after we have given her a signal we are ready ?

> With Spell Card Barriers,Kogasa's Rain,Koakuma's Communication,Louise's Support Magic all working in well-planned synergy we should be able to make progress.

> "Not in a room..." Kogasa says. "But maybe I could do it outside. Maybe. I'm not sure if I can make enough."

> "It cannot be sped up any quicker than thirty seconds. Not without terrible risk. The 'only half of you makes it back and the other half is left in Makai' sort of risk." Koakuma responds, before adding, "Assuming of course thirty seconds in Gensokyo is thirty seconds in Makai. Lady Patchouli means Gensokyian seconds."

> "I could cast enchantments of quieting upon you; but it would conflict with the haste enchantments I applied before we set off. If you only need thirty seconds, I can buy that time. Or at least buy you enough time for you to fly as far away as you can so Elis cannot catch up in that time window." Louise explains.

> She raises a hand, which is glowing with her ghostly blue light. "Besides, while it's not my area of expertise, I can cast a sealing hex on the coffin. I'm not sure how much time that will buy you, but at least it should let you grab the lance and get out of immediate danger." Louise opens one of her eyes slightly as she looks at you. "I get the feeling when Elis figures out who I am she'll be like a wild dog on a leash trying to have a fight with me. She won't pass up a fight against someone who held a title as valuable as I did before my untimely demise."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #664 on: January 24, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »
> Make a mental note to experiment with Spell Cards in Makai on our next visit, our interest has been piqued and others like Eirin, Reimu and Shinki would surely be interested in the results

> Whisper "Some other time could you tell us more about who you were before Vina was destroyed?"

> Whisper "Okay we're ready, right when you cast the sealing charm we'll grab the javelin and make a run for it.  Once we get outside we all hold hands so the spell affects all three of us"

> Right after Louise casts a sealing charm on the box or gives us a signal grab the javelin with our Youkai Strength, touch or bump Koakuma with it to trigger the spell warmup and head for the stairs

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2020, 08:21:42 PM »
//Actually wouldn't it be safer to hold hands or otherwise connect each other as we're running with the javelin? We wouldn't want any accidental strandings in-transit. Because we have no idea how long it's going to take between tapping Koakuma with the spear and getting outside.

>Wait for Tom's response.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2020, 08:43:47 PM »
Side note: I thought I'd give you a preview on the new idea I want to try out. This is a small cropped part of the... uh... thing I'm drawing up.

No context; but I apologize for my MS Paint skills which are about on par with a Gorgon's attempt to turn someone to stone:

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2020, 11:43:36 PM »
// You don't have to wait for something like that, only wait if your action completely cancels someone else's action out

> Sure, hold hands while running

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2020, 11:50:15 PM »
// You don't have to wait for something like that, only wait if your action completely cancels someone else's action out
//My question would've been completely pointless if the parse happened before you responded to it. Hence the wait. :P

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #669 on: January 26, 2020, 12:14:30 AM »
// What I mean is you don't have to ask

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #670 on: January 26, 2020, 12:15:25 AM »
> Make a mental note to experiment with Spell Cards in Makai on our next visit, our interest has been piqued and others like Eirin, Reimu and Shinki would surely be interested in the results

> Whisper "Some other time could you tell us more about who you were before Vina was destroyed?"

> Whisper "Okay we're ready, right when you cast the sealing charm we'll grab the javelin and make a run for it.  Once we get outside we all hold hands so the spell affects all three of us"

> Right after Louise casts a sealing charm on the box or gives us a signal grab the javelin with our Youkai Strength, touch or bump Koakuma with it to trigger the spell warmup and head for the stairs

> You note to experiment with spellcards within Makai when you're not in such a perilous situation.

> "If we meet in a more pleasant situation, I suppose this relic of a lost city can entertain you with her tale." Louise remarks.

> You descend back into the room that Louise called an armory, and Louise extends her blue-flamed hand, and similar flames hover around the coffin like Will-O-Wisps; while magical runes form around the part where the lid and the coffin connect.

> You launch yourself and grab Gungir, Kogasa reaching out her umbrella so you grab the very top of it, with her other hand grpiining Koakuma, the two pulling you back even as you fly back.

> The moment you grab Gungir; you feel the incredible power of the weapon surging through your arm. It's not pleasant. At the same time, the coffin lid bumps open a little; a pair of red eyes visible glareing out of it, but the hex seems to be holding.

> Sure, hold hands while running flying

> You; Kogasa and Koakuma flee up the stairs, as you hear something heavy crash. You do not stop; as Louise instructed.

===

> Louise floats slightly from the ground before the coffin, as a wild-eyed Elis rises from it, her right forearm skeletal still, but no longer charred. The upper arm has healed already. [Not that Louise knew it's prior state after the sunlight].

> "Elis; how would you like to take on someone who used to be one of the Four Grand Archmagistrix?" Louise says, barring the stairway, her mirror floating just to her side.

> The vampire tilts her head, but doesn't immediately try and charge through Louise. Instead, red magical sparks crackle around her uninjured hand, as she smirks.

> You have lost control of Rumia

> You have gained control of Louise [And her Mirror Familiar]

> New Objective - Stall Elis

> The purple bar represents Louise's magical energy. Most residents of Makai can only convert so much raw Maisma to magic at a time. As a highly skilled Caster, you can convert a lot of Maisma to magic, but you are fairly sure that keeping Elis' attention on you rather than Gungir will require quite some magic. Also; this bar effectively represents your health as well; since you're some kind of magical revenant. Without magic, you basically can't interact with things. Running out of magic means Elis can chase Rumia [Which will trigger a Bad End if you have not stalled enough]

> The [currently] green bar with a flame next to it represents Elis' 'Seriousness'. Raising this bar will cause Elis to take the fight more seriously, thus making her attacks more dangerous. Elis' Seriousness increases if she thinks she's legitimately losing; or if she gets Bored, but it also increases slowly over time.

> The yellow bar is a 'boredom' bar. Keep Elis' interest in the fight; so else she'll try and get to Rumia and the others; ignoreing you. Attempting to blockade a Bored Elis will increase her Seriousness incredibly quickly. But you can always get her interest back by casting magic she finds fun to fight.

> Combat is currently paused.

> Reminder that Louise is specialized in Animation and Enhancement. This notably covers buffing spells; spells related to making familiars; and protective magic. She is weaker [but still competent] at Malediction and Destruction. Which are curses, debuffs, and things like throwing fireballs. Basically; Louise is a White Mage; not a Black Mage. I mean... she does wear white.

> I'll also say that Elis can be defeated but it's not the wincondition of this fight and won't be easy to do. The wincon is simply to keep Elis' attention for long enough for Rumia's group to escape.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:17:56 AM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #671 on: January 26, 2020, 12:48:04 AM »
//That quality Elis drawing reminds me of a certain Kirby meme.

>List of skills and their costs.
>List functionality of our familiar.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #672 on: January 26, 2020, 12:48:25 AM »
> Can we stack enhancements/buffs

> Can the familiars we create interact with or use any of the weaponry on the walls?

> In a pinch can the familiars themselves be used as projectiles?

> Can our mirror reflect Elis's magic attacks back at  her?

> Quickly inspect room, structural integrity and especially the equipment on walls

> Cast an enhancement spell on us to further assist our magic regeneration rate

> Create a circle of familiars around Elis which will shoot constantly at her (if we can, aim for her injured arm) and spawn some surprise aimed bullets when she destroys them

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #673 on: January 26, 2020, 04:29:19 PM »
//That quality Elis drawing reminds me of a certain Kirby meme.

>List of skills and their costs.
>List functionality of our familiar.

> Createing a full list of your magical capabilities would take too long. [Louise can do most things in her preferred schools; if you're going to do something that'll use a large amount of energy I'll warn you.] If you give an invalid command I'll say so before parseing. I'll only parse when commands are valid.

As for her limits on less prefered schools:

Malediction: Generally can use basic status-curses. Such as Slowing Hexes; ect.

Destruction: You can do things like throw elemental magic. You can, for example; throw a fireball or launch a stream of flame, but you can't use something like Meteor or call forth a firestorm.

[In Final Fantasy terms; think of it like she can -ra level spells of her less preferred schools for an idea of power level.]

> The familiar is capable of autonomous action [AKA: It will act without specific orders]. It is 'afraid' of physical attacks [Since it's a mirror]and will attempt to dodge them; but it's not like you need to worry about physical blows personally.

However, the mirror is heavily enchanted to be resistant against magical attacks. It's even capable of Reflecting Light-Elemental attacks. In addittion, it's capable of using various low-level bound offensive spells. It's unlikely these spells will do much to Elis; but it can serve as a distraction.

> Can we stack enhancements/buffs

> Can the familiars we create interact with or use any of the weaponry on the walls?

> In a pinch can the familiars themselves be used as projectiles?

> Can our mirror reflect Elis's magic attacks back at  her?

> Quickly inspect room, structural integrity and especially the equipment on walls

> Cast an enhancement spell on us to further assist our magic regeneration rate

> Create a circle of familiars around Elis which will shoot constantly at her (if we can, aim for her injured arm) and spawn some surprise aimed bullets when she destroys them

> You can stack some buffs, but some counteract each other. For example; Haste makes you faster, and naturally make more noise, so you can't Muffle your sounds while Hasted, or do something like an Ironskin buff.

> Yes. In fact, you're capable of animating the weapons and such outright. [You can ask for a more specific description of what's around, you've already looked around, it's a free action to recall what you've already seen]. However, since the Mirror is afraid of physical combat, you  can't use that as a projectile.

> The Mirror can Reflect Light-Elemental attacks. Against other magics it's more of a shield [Primarily due to it's enchantments.]

> The room is structurally sound.

> The walls mostly have European-style one-handed swords and maces. There is also notably a single whip; a full suit of armour [This is furthest away, on the wall behind the coffin]; and a bardiche. There are also various fabric tapestries.

> You cannot speed up your mana regeneration. It's a sort of 'wishing for more wishes' thing. It's about the only type of enchantment that doesn't exist. Maisma is a chaotic energy after all. Trying to channel more than you can handle is... not wise.

> What do you want to turn into familiars via animation/enchantment? [You need to be more specific than just 'familiar' here. I'm deliberately making this fight freeform which means I need details to parse]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 04:35:02 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #674 on: January 26, 2020, 05:38:03 PM »
> Can we stack the same buff by casting it multiple times? // Like if casting Defense Up on two consecutive turns yields a greater defense than just 1 turn
> Can we cancel a buff at will?
> Could we still try and buff our mana regeneration if we wanted to even if it would foolish and hurt us?

> Can we buff our Luck? // How does luck work, does a higher luck always benefit us or the action we are performing?  For example if we have max luck and cast a spell on a target will it always succeed but if we were to cast the same spell to damage ourselves would it always fail?

> Can we create barriers like Rumia if so what types?

> Shoot  a stream of flame at the nearest one handed sword to get it glowing red hot, then animate it to perform quick slashing attacks (primarily aimed at her injured arm) and circle around her annoyingly quickly
> While she's focused at dodging the sword instruct our mirror familiar to chip away at her from afar with magical bullets
> Throw the occasional laser or water stream at her (whichever we think will be more annoying / do more damage)

> Cast a Haste spell so it affects our familiars (and not us)

> If we have enough time cast a spell to enhance our reflexes

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #675 on: January 26, 2020, 07:03:03 PM »
> Can we stack the same buff by casting it multiple times? // Like if casting Defense Up on two consecutive turns yields a greater defense than just 1 turn
> Can we cancel a buff at will?
> Could we still try and buff our mana regeneration if we wanted to even if it would foolish and hurt us?

> Can we buff our Luck? // How does luck work, does a higher luck always benefit us or the action we are performing?  For example if we have max luck and cast a spell on a target will it always succeed but if we were to cast the same spell to damage ourselves would it always fail?

> Can we create barriers like Rumia if so what types?

> Shoot  a stream of flame at the nearest one handed sword to get it glowing red hot, then animate it to perform quick slashing attacks (primarily aimed at her injured arm) and circle around her annoyingly quickly
> While she's focused at dodging the sword instruct our mirror familiar to chip away at her from afar with magical bullets
> Throw the occasional laser or water stream at her (whichever we think will be more annoying / do more damage)

> Cast a Haste spell so it affects our familiars (and not us)

> If we have enough time cast a spell to enhance our reflexes

> For the purposes of combat, you cannot layer enchantments. That is a careful art that needs to be woven over time, such as the magic resistance on the mirror. Enchantments work like a carefully latticed web of magic. That said; one full-power enchantment from you is powerful already.

> Yes

> You could but it would not succeed. Such a spell dosen't exist, at least, not successfully. You figure if you tried hard enough you of all people could unravel how to perform such a spell, seeing as you're not bound by mortality, but you've not applied yourself to such a dangerous and impractical study.

> Luck manipulation would fall under Reality Manipulation. This is outside the four corners of Magic in Makai. There *are* magics which can do such, but they are incredibly high-level magics which require massive preparation, usually rituals; and sometimes even multiple casters.

Or you can be blessed with such an ability; like Yumeko's Space-Warping.

> Elis isn't going to just stand there and let you cast 5~6 different spells without action. You'd probably only get to the Mirror command before she acts, and such action may cause you to want to change orders. Generally assume that you can only cast 1~2 spells per action. Giving the mirror commands is a free action, it's done just by wanting it to do things.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 07:05:19 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #676 on: January 26, 2020, 07:32:02 PM »
> If we were to cast a mana regeneration spell (in it current unfinished state) on say Mayina would it kill him?

> Are we able to create barriers like Rumia if so what types?

> Animate the nearest sword to perform quick slashing attacks (primarily aimed at her injured arm) and circle around her annoyingly quickly
> If we have enough time cast a spell to enhance our reflexes (dodging ability)

> As for the mirror have it move erratically while shooting occasionally and being a general annoyance

> Be prepared to dodge Elis' first attack

Branneg Xy

« Reply #677 on: January 27, 2020, 05:20:59 AM »
> If we were to cast a mana regeneration spell (in it current unfinished state) on say Mayina would it kill him?

> Animate the nearest sword to perform quick slashing attacks (primarily aimed at her injured arm) and circle around her annoyingly quickly

> As for the mirror have it move erratically while shooting occasionally and being a general annoyance

:sword:
// From time to time Louise/us should check to avoid the Dangers 3 Bars (" Makaian Miasma to Mana and Magic Talents against BOTH Elis' Seriousness AND BOREDOM) likely ending a Elis-Side Fun Interesting,Intriguing,Challenge But not Over-Challenging without Low-Boiling or Hard-Boiling ...

// Particularly no True and Inopportune Blockade or Too Outright reminding ,or any other instances of Gungir,Stairs'Entrance,R.K.K Trio,Artifact Hunt ,Alice,Yumeko,Shinki's and her Children,etc. //

> After Animated Sword and Familiar proceed to " Haste(ga)-Speed&Reflexes" meant as using actually as Reflexive Speed,Speedy Reflexive even relaying parts to our Mirror Familiar.

> For now Magic Mirror Familiar ought to cover the animated sword and last one to the first one in synergy while we ought to cover ourselves by them and switch accordingly,including our positioning with a " Fairly Serious and Threatining Bout Challenge&Defiance without Painstakingly or Laxly so ".

> Act and positon as" Fairly Serious and Threatining Bout Challenge&Defiance without Painstakingly or Laxly so "

> Sagely Alternate fairly fast and outright quick ,possibly dangerously dazzling and dancing Attacks&Provokes&Feints to Elis ' Arm AND especilly whole Right Side from medium-?lose range to close-medium to near-closebut not too close and personl without a too clear or haphazard pattern nor a gappy or voidy trajectory to us or worse Towards Rumia,Koakuma,Kogasa.
> In Short Detail Balance Practical+Concrete Slashing Strikes/Projectiles/Aimed Patterns+Movements around Elis' Arm in their Essences.

// +√..!!!...!!!...!!!..√+ //
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:27:26 AM by Branneg Xy »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #678 on: January 27, 2020, 05:59:48 AM »
// Just keep in mind how many actions we can get in per "turn"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #679 on: January 29, 2020, 06:26:55 PM »

> Almost certainly.

> You can create various barriers. Barriers in Makaian magic tend to be specific. For example; a Fire barrier to block fire.

:sword:
// From time to time Louise/us should check to avoid the Dangers 3 Bars (" Makaian Miasma to Mana and Magic Talents against BOTH Elis' Seriousness AND BOREDOM) likely ending a Elis-Side Fun Interesting,Intriguing,Challenge But not Over-Challenging without Low-Boiling or Hard-Boiling ...

// Particularly no True and Inopportune Blockade or Too Outright reminding ,or any other instances of Gungir,Stairs'Entrance,R.K.K Trio,Artifact Hunt ,Alice,Yumeko,Shinki's and her Children,etc. //

> After Animated Sword and Familiar proceed to " Haste(ga)-Speed&Reflexes" meant as using actually as Reflexive Speed,Speedy Reflexive even relaying parts to our Mirror Familiar.

> For now Magic Mirror Familiar ought to cover the animated sword and last one to the first one in synergy while we ought to cover ourselves by them and switch accordingly,including our positioning with a " Fairly Serious and Threatining Bout Challenge&Defiance without Painstakingly or Laxly so ".

> Act and positon as" Fairly Serious and Threatining Bout Challenge&Defiance without Painstakingly or Laxly so "

> Sagely Alternate fairly fast and outright quick ,possibly dangerously dazzling and dancing Attacks&Provokes&Feints to Elis ' Arm AND especilly whole Right Side from medium-?lose range to close-medium to near-closebut not too close and personl without a too clear or haphazard pattern nor a gappy or voidy trajectory to us or worse Towards Rumia,Koakuma,Kogasa.
> In Short Detail Balance Practical+Concrete Slashing Strikes/Projectiles/Aimed Patterns+Movements around Elis' Arm in their Essences.

// +√..!!!...!!!...!!!..√+ //

> You are already Hasted.

> You animate the sword nearest Elis; with the instructions to assault Elis. However, Elis easily bats away the simple sword. It seems like it will take more than that.

> The mirror is moving around wile firing small magic missiles. A couple of the missiles collide with the magic gathering around Elis' good arm, disrupting it a little.

> Elis loosens the energy she was gathering around her good arm as several arcs of red electrical energy, like twisting thorns, in your general direction. One bolt is aimed directly towards you, but the others are rather haphazard and just in a general 'foward' arc.

[I won't update the status bars here because your magic use was negligible, and it's too soon to impact Elis' bars much]

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #680 on: January 29, 2020, 06:50:32 PM »
> Instruct our mirror to block the magical attack with it's heavily enchanted magical defense.  Dodge sideways whatever gets through our mirror

> Charge up and fire powerful laser aimed at her injured arm

> Enhance our mirror's defense further with an ironskin buff when we get a chance

Branneg Xy

« Reply #681 on: January 31, 2020, 05:38:48 AM »
> Instruct our mirror to block the magical attack with it's heavily enchanted magical defense.  Dodge sideways whatever gets through our mirror

> Enhance our mirror's defense further with an ironskin buff when we get a chance

// Well our actions so far,when all of the feasible and useful ones have taken effect ,could do for a Warm-Up & Initial Advantage //

// Afterwards , we should strive to utilize and maximize Louise's " Masterful White Magic " by sapiently well-timing and well-tuning with her " Weaker Black Magic"(cfr. Raikaria Pre-Duel Post) , though through simpler  :blush:   Commands than a number of my replies , because Louise is against Elis and (quoted)" used to be one of the Four Grand  Archmagistrix " AND the Only Makaian Ghost,Uniquely so ; what I am getting possible we should be looking to ,in Reliable ways of course,coordinating her Ghost Nature and Archmagistrix's Powers//

> Dodge sideways and adjust to keep closer tabs on Elis movements and action.

> "Ironskin" is go  but could we Strongly Strengthen the Animated Sword with It , and do not forget we can also make it flame-heated and ,so far ,it is 1-2 Spells then Elis Turn until she gets more serious or bored.

> Keep also the A. Sword out of the "Twisting Horns Blasts",Regain Hold if Lost.

> Does Haste count for Agility/Dexterity as well or is that Another Good Enchantment ?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:45:46 PM by Branneg Xy »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #682 on: January 31, 2020, 08:07:35 AM »
> Don't cast haste on our mirror as it conflicts with defense up

Branneg Xy

« Reply #683 on: January 31, 2020, 01:32:10 PM »
// Thanks for the reminder, I had read it but had forgotten it before posting 

// I am  hoping both my out-character
and in-character  tactical-strategical observations & advices are going to be useful and joining //

> Right ,just Ironskin ! Can't be forgetting the inability to layer enchantments in combat since they need to be carefully woven to be layered.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:41:46 PM by Branneg Xy »

Branneg Xy

« Reply #684 on: January 31, 2020, 03:20:36 PM »
> Our offensive , disprutive weakening and similar spell-types are secondary, and yet they could be Competent Complements :
 what are they?

> Confront among them if there are ones visually & magically more subtle and/or  dangerously effective  than the "flame-wreath or metal heat" or both.

> In fact are we able to cast an effective flame-wreath or an effective metal-heat, and is  firing  fireballs at them surest method or...?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #685 on: February 02, 2020, 09:36:19 PM »
OCC: My Dad's hurt his knee quite badly. While this should be rather short-term [It's more tissue damage/swelling than anything with the bones] his mobility is limited and thus he needs quite a bit of help from me atm. I can't say for sure how long this is gonna be but bear with me.

> The mirror moves to intercept the red energy. You decide to stay behind it, as the other bolts seem focused to restrain, and movement would probably make you crash into them. The mirror absorbs the energy blast, although it is pushed back towards you a little doing so with the force.

> With one hand you gather the energy for a magic laser, simply of raw energy. As you gater the energy, you buff the Mirror with a Protective Ward to increase it's durability should Elis attempt to strike it with a physical attack.

> You release the energy blast [Once the mirror moves out of the way.] However, Elis easily sidesteps the attack. The blast opens a hole in the wall, leading to another dark room. You cannot tell what is inside it at the moment due to rubble dust/the general darkness of the area.

> Keep also the A. Sword out of the "Twisting Horns Blasts",Regain Hold if Lost.

> Does Haste count for Agility/Dexterity as well or is that Another Good Enchantment ?

> The Sword was already knocked out of the attack. It is currently behind Elis.

> Haste is an Agility/Dexterity buff in general. It's a very powerful enchantment, and considered one of the strongest pure ability buffs. Although some make a case for high-level raw strength buffs, especially if the target is already swift.

> Our offensive , disprutive weakening and similar spell-types are secondary, and yet they could be Competent Complements :
 what are they?

> Confront among them if there are ones visually & magically more subtle and/or  dangerously effective  than the "flame-wreath or metal heat" or both.

> In fact are we able to cast an effective flame-wreath or an effective metal-heat, and is  firing  fireballs at them surest method or...?

> You can cast an elemental buff on something. This would include a Flame-wreath. These sort of temporary buffs can be put on top of a more stat-related buff, as they're more coating the recipient in Elemental magic than actually enhancing their being like an  Enchantment. Elemental buffs like that are a lot easier to manage than buffs which actually mess with the capabilities of something directly; like Haste magic actually permeates the being, instead of simply coating it. Makian Magic is complex. There's massive magic colleges for a reason.

> For example; you could wrap the sword in Fire magic while it's buffed up. However if you were to try and permanently enchant the Sword with Fire [Essentially; create an enchanted item]; that would take time, because you're weaving Fire magic into the sword; not a simple short-term coat.

---

> Also; I'm just going to say Louise is capable of much greater magic than simply animating a Sword. It's why I haven't updated the magic bar when you did that. It's a casual task for her. Go bigger. The magic bar is just to stop you from going absolutely insane. There's a specific sort of thing I have in mind for a feat that would probably last 2~3 rounds before it exhausts you, and that sort of thing is far beyond 'make a sword move'.

Next round I'll start updating Elis' status.  These first two rounds I'll give you leeway since you're learning your capabilities, but going as you are Elis would be gaining Boredom [Again, go bigger, you can do more than a sword].

> Also Elis is simply watching you right now, she's guageing your abilities and if you're worth her time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 09:38:20 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #686 on: February 02, 2020, 09:41:36 PM »
>Did blowing a hole in the wall generate a ton of debris or did it just melt through?
>if the former, would we be able to animate all the debris from the wall into a cloud of brick familiars?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #687 on: February 03, 2020, 01:49:14 AM »
> Animate the suit of armor and the sword so that it can fight like a knight (the sword is already behind Elis near the armor)

> Fire lasers to keep Elis' attention focused on us, be as loud as possible with our magic to mask the clanging sound of the armor
> Instruct our mirror familiar to block magical attacks aimed at us and occasionally fire some missiles back

> Instruct the 'knight' behind Elis to attempt to decapitate her with a horizontal swing of the sword at her neck level
> If that fails attack with slashing and cutting motions alongside danmaku from its free arm

> Take a look inside the new room whenever we get a chance

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #688 on: February 04, 2020, 05:29:49 PM »
>Did blowing a hole in the wall generate a ton of debris or did it just melt through?
>if the former, would we be able to animate all the debris from the wall into a cloud of brick familiars?

> Difficult to tell due to the dust at the moment; and the fact any debris would have blown into the other room.

> You can animate pretty much any inanimate object with relative ease; provided it's not already magical or being used by something with strong enough magic to make it resist the attempt.

> Animate the suit of armor and the sword so that it can fight like a knight (the sword is already behind Elis near the armor)

> Fire lasers to keep Elis' attention focused on us, be as loud as possible with our magic to mask the clanging sound of the armor
> Instruct our mirror familiar to block magical attacks aimed at us and occasionally fire some missiles back

> Instruct the 'knight' behind Elis to attempt to decapitate her with a horizontal swing of the sword at her neck level
> If that fails attack with slashing and cutting motions alongside danmaku from its free arm

> Take a look inside the new room whenever we get a chance

> You anaimate the suit of Armour. It judders into life; although it's not particularly quiet about it, as a big suit of plate Armour.  As per your instruction, it grabs the sword near it, which you also animate just in case.

> While the Knight is prepareing; you launch off various small magical bolts, but the sound of the Knight makes it a bit difficult for it to attempt anything stealthily.

> Despite this; the animated armour lunges towards Elis; swinging it's sword aimed at her neck.

> Surprisingly; Elis dosen't do anything about this. Instead; she lets the blade hit her neck. It makes a small cut and stops; the Vampire cracking into a wide grin as a small trickle of scarlet dripples to her shoulder.

> Elis is currently between you and the hole in the wall, so you don't think you can approach. Not without giving her an opening. Still; the dust is clearing, and you can indeed see quite a lot of stone fragments of varying sizes, as well as splintered wood and small burning bits of what is probably paper. It looks like you may have blasted a bookshelf.

> Elis flicks her skeletal wrist, and the small trickle of blood coalesces into a small sphere, and her wound heals; the regeneration actually pushing the sword aside.

> "Fun little trick; clearly you're quite skilled to animate something with enough force to put a scratch on a Vampire... but how about this?"

> The blood orb flies into the Knight's visor; and it suddenly stiffens. A red glow eminates from any small opening, as the knight turns towards you; raising it's blade in a very uneven motion before taking a robot-like step.

> "Let's play a game. Is your animation magic stronger than my Blood Possession I wonder?" Elis says playfully; flying behind the Knight.

> Your magic use is rather negligable. I'd have put it closer to the end but then it wouldn't have looked like it moved *at all*.

> You have Elis' attention enough that she wishes to toy with you a bit.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #689 on: February 04, 2020, 06:35:09 PM »
> Enthousiastically respond "My my, a game?  But of course!"

> Counter Elis' magic by increasing our animation resistance
> Using the animated sword as a 'lever' excert force on the knight's arm by rotating the sword  counter-clockwise with the force applied on the tip for added neutonian leverage (Slowly at first to entice Elis to resist it)

> Discreetly cast an Ice-wreath or cooling enhancement on the knight, blood will solidify and and freeze damaging it

> Additionally if we (or our mirror) can create a light breeze in the room do so with air magic (as blood dries and clots when exposed to air)

> Have our mirror ready for any surprise magic attacks from Elis, though keep it away from the suit of armor in case she gains more control over it