Author Topic: Periodic Artist Challenge - 10-Minute Drawings | 1-Minute Music - Alcohol!  (Read 22270 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

EDIT: I'm sorry, but imageshack automatically flips my image to 480x640 for some reason, and I can't fix it.

This is apparently what I can draw in exactly 10 minutes. No shading, no hair cleaning, no nothing. Very bare bones.

I am not very creative am I? :fail:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:35:48 PM by TranceHime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?

EDIT: I'm sorry, but imageshack automatically flips my image to 480x640 for some reason, and I can't fix it.

This is apparently what I can draw in exactly 10 minutes. No shading, no hair cleaning, no nothing. Very bare bones.

I am not very creative am I? :fail:

D'AAWW

If only I ccould draw like -fast/good-, I would have included Nitori as well.
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
D'AAWW

If only I ccould draw like -fast/good-, I would have included Nitori as well.

In retrospect that doodle I did looks like something a small child would draw. Hina looks like a babby.

I think that's pretty special! :derp:

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
If only I ccould draw like -fast/good-
I'm partially seeing this challenge as a chance for you artists to work on exactly that kind of skill if you want to  :3

flamezero16

• The Great Southern Trendkill
  • Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Clockin in at about :50 secs, not too shabby I guess =o but this was kinda difficult in a week. In a good way though XD Anywho this one reminds me of the fighting games for some reason. Like "Its nice weather so lets kick each others asses for a bit"

http://www.4shared.com/audio/hHUVDd_V/Dark_Side_of_Fate.html

Hmm, technically it's already the 22nd over here, but I guess I'm still in. So here goes, for the music category:
Swingin'n'Spinnin'

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
I'm probably one late orz...
..P-posting, anyway.

... This composition is definitely hurried & rushed up to its exportation & MP3-tagging x_x;;... I only knew of the challenge 3 days before the deadline...though I know that's no excuse. :ohdear:

EDIT: Don't mind the short, corny titling. I'm not sure how it would be related to Valentine's Day as I kinda focused on it being happy & jumpy or something, while maintaining the curses/bad luck(lower-toned piano) floating around Hina.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:26:44 AM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
I'm probably one late orz...
..P-posting, anyway.

... This composition is definitely hurried & rushed up to its exportation & MP3-tagging x_x;;... I only knew of the challenge 3 days before the deadline...though I know that's no excuse. :ohdear:
extreme want midi of this, it sounds like something i can play and enjoy (I'm not too awesome at piano)

Dead Princess Sakana

Heh, have you ever seen the WWC, Lloyd? Deadlines are there to be stretched, so don't you worry about being a little late  :3

That said ~ Deadline Hit~

Judging starts today/tomorrow. Might take a few days this first time around since I have to round up some people first, so please watch warmly.
I already would like to thank all the participants, it's nice to see some activity here  :D

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Hurr couldn't make a submission as trying to figure out dressmaking as the step up from dollmaking is just beyond me right now.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
extreme want midi of this, it sounds like something i can play and enjoy (I'm not too awesome at piano)
Uwaaah, I-I'm much honored...! Thanks! >///////<

I'm supposed to include the MIDI when I submit. Just that I kinda got too rushed today that I forgot to bring the MIDI with me :ohdear:...
I'll upload it here once I get online again. (provided I don't forget :ohdear:)

I'm not awesome at piano either. I just got that from the many random piano scores & not-piano-scores I've heard so far.
I originally didn't think it of it as a piano-only music, too. Just that when I composed it to Synthfont with all-piano, stuff happened, then there's the rushed finalization... >.<;;
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Classes started, completely forgot

:fail:

brb crying
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Dead Princess Sakana

:fail:

brb crying
Take part in the next one that will start next week then?  :3

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
Here you go :3
...Erm, warning though, some notes of the second-voice piano or something are kind of unplayable ()... I had 2nd thoughts about forcing what my musical comprehension tells me to, or follow the rule to make it as real-piano playable as much as possible :ohdear:...

Swingin'n'Spinnin'
What a nice coincidence that both of our piece is in a...uhh, how do you put this... "3/4 beat that notes tend to skip the 2nd beat" or something..... Eeh! Anyway, your music's beat sounds very similar to mine. xD
What's not similar is that this one sounds finely done, unlike my rushed one. Also, it definitely has notes away from the original Hina theme, but still sounds so much as a Hina theme!

*listens on a loop*
I can totally imagine a quick Hina mini-game that ... This is oddly appealing~ ?D
*hums it even during dish-washing*

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Take part in the next one that will start next week then?  :3
I'll probably have even more work to do but
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
I'm pretty much excited for the challenge next week.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
me too, holidays started so there's a high chance I'm in this time.

Dead Princess Sakana

Results coming in a few hours, along with the next theme~

Dead Princess Sakana

Re: Periodic Artist Challenge - 10-Minute Drawings | 1-Minute Music - Faith!
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
And here we go

~ Judgement Time~

First of all, thank you everyone for entering this contest. It's a long-term goal to get some constant community-activity into AAA, and the quick-draw challenge was originally an idea suggested by Nobu to achieve that. Very happy to see this turn out well.
Second, we will continue this challenge as biweekly, meaning there is two weeks per theme for you to submit entries. That's a time long enough for many people to participate, while at the same time not so long you all get bored, I hope   :]

Now for this weeks judgement (which I had to do alone because I was too late in securing me some helpers. Apologies for that, next time will have several judges for sure :fail:)
(Anyone who is interested and doesn't plan to enter the contest, feel free to PM me about this)

First, Drawings: And the winner is... Taku. Congratulations.
This was a very hard decision. Bennelsey, Trance, Noname and Shanghai all drew very nice Hinas, Slaves' mischievous one was very amusing.
Now while the art-style is very nice for Taku's drawing, that isn't the main focus of judgement.
Rather, I am still looking at the picture and trying to figure out exactly what is happening there.
Is Hina jealous at the happy couple in the background and trying to curse them? Or is she taking away their misfortune so they can be happy? The way the dark aura flows towards/from the hearts makes both an option.
From my view this picture can be interpreted in several ways, and that's what makes it stand out this time.

Now, Music: The winner in this category is... Ormsdale
This wasn't an easy decision either. Lloyd and Flamezero both provided some very nice music there. Maybe it's just me, but I got some latin vibes from the flamezero's guitar there. Lloyd's piano piece was very pleasant to listen to as well.
Ormsdale's entry got me by surprise. I had the feeling I was listening to some old video game music there. This, and the speed, helped convey the "happy" tone of it very well, in my opinion, which makes this the winning piece.

Now for the new theme. I let the Keine-bot on the channel roll for a character, and here is who we got: Kanako Yasaka

So the new topic will be:

Faith! We need more faith!

• Drawings: Show us what Kanako does to promote the Moriya shrine in Gensokyo
  • Music: Kanako's theme, Suwa Foughten Field, is a rather powerful song, but surely even the snake-godess has her moments of calm reminiscence. Therefore your goal is to arrange one minute of it in a calm, maybe even melancholic, way.

The Deadline is the March 11th, a Friday. This will give the judges the whole weekend for their work.

Have fun, everyone~

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Re: Periodic Artist Challenge - 10-Minute Drawings | 1-Minute Music - Faith!
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 05:07:59 PM »
Yup,  congrats to the winners then. Hmmm Looks like ive already arranged the next piece =O Would kinda feel like a cop out if I just shortened it though xD Maybe ill sit this one out then.

TakuTaku

• Currently Incognito
  • I'm always losing to win
    • ah.
Yup,  congrats to the winners then. Hmmm Looks like ive already arranged the next piece =O Would kinda feel like a cop out if I just shortened it though xD Maybe ill sit this one out then.

Why don't you judge the music pieces for the next challenge?

Also thanks for picking my piece :3

DevArt | Twitter
freelance artist looking for work

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
Why don't you judge the music pieces for the next challenge?

I dont mind helpin if ya need an extra hand. Just gimme a shout if you need some more people Saky.

Dead Princess Sakana

I dont mind helpin if ya need an extra hand. Just gimme a shout if you need some more people Saky.
Sure thing, I'll notify you then when it's time with the next one  :3

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
congratulations to the winners !

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
OH YES, MAH WAIFUH ISH OWSOME. \O/

Congratulations to all of you.

I has me some ideas now. <3 for the Kanako challenge.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
I-I think I got something in my eye when I began listening to Kanako's theme...and I'm not even listening to an ambient version of it yet~ ;_;... I don't know. I guess it's just that MoF's tracks really has some great impression to me. I can't help my music appreciation ><...

...*cough* A-anyway, uhm...uhh, was there something I should say again...? Oh yes.
Congratulations to everyone for a great first period of the challenge~! Eheh, kinda figured Ormsdale to win this music one. =w=

This time, though... Th-this tiiiime...! I'm going to put so much faith in you when you hear this Kanako theme! So much faith that you'd cry! >x3
(uhh, provided I get around this unexpected discord I hear in my other Kanako stage piece :ohdear:)

That's a time long enough for many people to participate, while at the same time not so long you all get bored, I hope   :]
... Why is it that when I see that ":]" smilie, I see Nobu...? o_o;;
... Oh right:
Create more problems than it solves. I can only imagine how much fun that would be to code, too. :V MATSY OUR WAVELENGTHS ARE BACK :]

flamezero16

• Whats up amigo?
    • My Youtube
This time, though... Th-this tiiiime...! I'm going to put so much faith in you when you hear this Kanako theme! So much faith that you'd cry! >x3

Im rootin for ya in this one Lloydy >=D

Blind (Deafen?) us with your faith~

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
...Iiih, it's not Suwa Foughten Field that plays in my head everytime my music-composing/remixing side is hyped... Instead it's Grave of Being, the stage 6 theme of MoF/before you get to Kanako. x_x;;

Posting a humming preview of an ambient Grave of Being.
I find myself humming its main melody wherever I go, even when I'm in a netcafe, so I just...had to make this non-entry music one, too. All I have to do now is...clump all these other instruments together in harmony, and everything will be fine... If only it wasn't that hard to do---*shakes head* No time worrying, let's start clumping!! >x3

...If I don't make it, I might...resort to remixing Suwa Foughten Field to something technically more easier to adapt it to.

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
odd, i have the first entry
3rd panel took 9 mins because i didn't need to mess with colors and layering, so i added two more panels as a filler lol

parodying some comic that described kanako's shimenawa as some sort of round bread, decided it *should* be bread altogether for the charisma break
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:00:15 AM by bennelsey »

[bahleeted because I'm dumb.  DO NOT JUDGE ME.]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:17:52 AM by miyu »