Author Topic: [Art] Rangoinim's Photoshawps - Stream over  (Read 54889 times)

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Re: [Art] Rangoinim's Photoshawps - Stream over
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2013, 05:29:13 PM »
Apologies, Rango---Ikari and I are playtesting an RPG over in RaNGE and Ikari's been very busy, so I notice he's posted here and my obligatory reaction is HAY DUDE WE'RE WAITING ON YOU because it is my job to annoy him. :V

Ah, okay. Good work, then. (damnit there's no thumbs up emote)

This thread is for request and then you receive your photoshop. Not like most art threads where the artist posts some art and everyone else comments about it. or requests something So you can't really have much activity other than giving a request or thanking Rangoinim for the result.

It's not just for requests. It's why I didn't call it "Rangoinim's Request Thread", because I didn't want it to just be for requests. Problem is, I just don't do anything besides requests for the majority of the time.
I'm working on a project right now but sadly it isn't coming out like I want it to.
There's also requests from other forums, which I can upload after school.
Besides, nobody says anything besides "It's good" anyway (which is fine, don't get me wrong), but I don't get any kind of critique. I really don't think my work is that good. There has to be something wrong with it.

But that's stupid because what you do is essentially take the person's favorite art and make it prettier and give it a practical use  :derp:

That's the nicer way to look at it; a lot of people don't really consider what I do art. It surely is, but most people don't think it is. I think that kinda deters people from posting. Maybe.
Hell if I know.

Posts would be nice.
Critiques would be nice too.
But I'm not going to wait for something that may or may not come. Regardless of what happens, I will keep taking requests and I will keep posting. I can't force people to read and comment, nor will I. All I can do is keep doing what I'm doing and hope that people post and offer their two cents.
That's all I want, really.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »
Okay, if you want a request... I'll give a random one, just for the sake of requesting.
Some people here may remember my playing with googled photo of a cow, how I tried to turn it into Ray Moo. So, I wonder if you can do the same thing, but that way that result will be nice and cool :3

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2013, 06:36:24 AM »
Ah, sorry about not criticizing... I usually don't say anything else than "thank you" because every time I'd criticize something someone did for me, in a way that says ''Hey, thanks a lot, and if you want to improve, *this and that*", it would go wrong. So far, 5/6 reacted incredibly negatively, ranging from suddenly not talking to me for a while, being really pissed, or calling it nonsense because it's not like I could do better.

Delfigamer

« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2013, 10:25:02 AM »
So far, 5/6 reacted incredibly negatively, ranging from suddenly not talking to me for a while, being really pissed, or calling it nonsense because it's not like I could do better.
There's a phrase in the Russian Internet, sounding like "GET IT FIRST". It is said that when a bad artist gets critique on his badness, he claims that criticizer must be at least his level to have a right to point mistakes in his "work". That claim may be very, very large, but it's essential meaning is still "GET IT FIRST".
Though, guys who really esteem themselves (like me) aren't scared by feedback. They know, no matter how many critique they get, they remain cool enough. And, instead of wasting time on useless "defence", they improve themselves, to become even cooler.
So, I want to be as cool as Toyomi-waifu, for example.

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2013, 04:24:36 PM »
Okay, if you want a request... I'll give a random one, just for the sake of requesting.
Some people here may remember my playing with googled photo of a cow, how I tried to turn it into Ray Moo. So, I wonder if you can do the same thing, but that way that result will be nice and cool :3

I'll see what I can do.  :V

Ah, sorry about not criticizing... I usually don't say anything else than "thank you" because every time I'd criticize something someone did for me, in a way that says ''Hey, thanks a lot, and if you want to improve, *this and that*", it would go wrong. So far, 5/6 reacted incredibly negatively, ranging from suddenly not talking to me for a while, being really pissed, or calling it nonsense because it's not like I could do better.

That would make me a total hypocrite, considering I've asked for it twice now. Barring that though, I see no reason why I would reject any kind of criticism from you (or anybody, for that matter).

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
That would make me a total hypocrite, considering I've asked for it twice now. Barring that though, I see no reason why I would reject any kind of criticism from you (or anybody, for that matter).

Yeah, I guess. Well, then allow me to state pros and cons.

My Signature:

Pros:
- The colors used: The blue gives a calming, etheral feel to it. Fits perfectly with the quote and Koishi's stoner face.
- The font used: Again, perfect fit.
- The positions of the font/picture: Too many times have I seen signatures where there is no space and where the picture and quotes are so close to each other, it feels cramped. This is definitely not the case here.

Cons:
- The lines used in the background; they kinda make the font hard to read and gives it a jagged-like appearance.

Conclusion: Really pretty signature and I'm really happy how every elements fit with each other. 8.75/10

My wallpaper:

Pros
- Absolutely LOVE the effects you gave to the Koishi pic.
- Love the color. Blue and green are the two colors usually ascociated to Koishi, and I'm glad you chose green for the wallpaper. It's actually the one color I never really used in my past wallpapers. (Besides, my signature is already blue.)
- The background itself is really gorgeous. I found myself staring at it for a few minutes. It's nothing too complex. nor is it too simple.
- Edit: Holy crap I just saw the heart in the background.

Cons
- As I wrote "Colorful" on my request, I expected more than a single color, but then again, it's more of an interpretation thing. This isn't much of a con because I've fell in love with the color you used and even if you did make another version with more colors, I'd still use the green one. (Or at most use an automatically changing wallpaper to use them both 50 % of the time)

Conclusion: Really beyond what I expected, 9.5/10.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:52:27 AM by Ikari »

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2013, 02:52:51 AM »
Yeah, I guess. Well, then allow me to state pros and cons.

My Signature:

Pros:
- The colors used: The blue gives a calming, etheral feel to it. Fits perfectly with the quote and Koishi's stoner face.
- The font used: Again, perfect fit.
- The positions of the font/picture: Too many times have I seen signatures where there is no space and where the picture and quotes are so close to each other, it feels cramped. This is definitely not the case here.

Cons:
- The lines used in the background; they kinda make the font hard to read and gives it a jagged-like appearance.

Conclusion: Really pretty signature and I'm really happy how every elements fit with each other. 8.75/10

My wallpaper:

Pros
- Absolutely LOVE the effects you gave to the Koishi pic.
- Love the color. Blue and green are the two colors usually ascociated to Koishi, and I'm glad you chose green for the wallpaper. It's actually the one color I never really used in my past wallpapers. (Besides, my signature is already blue.)
- The background itself is really gorgeous. I found myself staring at it for a few minutes. It's nothing too complex. nor is it too simple.
- Edit: Holy crap I just saw the heart in the background.

Cons
- As I wrote "Colorful" on my request, I expected more than a single color, but then again, it's more of an interpretation thing. This isn't much of a con because I've fell in love with the color you used and even if you did make another version with more colors, I'd still use the green one. (Or at most use an automatically changing wallpaper to use them both 50 % of the time)

Conclusion: Really beyond what I expected, 9.5/10.

I want to mention one thing first; I can understand your concern regarding why you wouldn't give critiques; a lot of people aren't prepared for bad things and it's rather jarring when they hear it. That said, you never know until you try and if they ask there's nothing holding you back from giving them what they wanted; criticism. If they say the things you say they say (holy jesus that's confusing), then that simply shows them as a hypocrite and you are absolved of anything pertaining to them. That's really it.

As for the criticism, thank you. No really, thank you. I wasn't expecting such high ratings, but I really appreciate it regardless of rating and I'm glad you included cons to help me improve.

Now, as promised...

More work! wooooooooooo

I think this one came out solid, barring the text. I had an awesome idea with the text but couldn't pull it off because it required the use of multiple blending modes.

Loooooooooooooooved this one. Everything just works and I'm really proud of this one.

Bit of an older one, but it's decent all the same. Tried really hard for something softer here; I think it came out good.

My friends herald it as "one of the best wallpapers I've ever made", but I don't see it. Ironically it was one of the first ones I've ever made.

Okayimdonethnxforwatch

Delfigamer

« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
So, now more real request.
http://konachan.com/post/show/126454
Strict conditions:
- Whole Toyosatomimi.
- 1280x1024.
Background doesn't matter much. You may leave original one, or replace to yours. In latter case, please, use similar colored one.
And do it with love. My waifu deserves it. :3

And, heh, I'll try to do it on my own as well. What do you think about photoshopping competition? :matsurismirk:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:02:21 PM by Delfigamer »

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2013, 11:30:25 PM »
Strict conditions:
- Whole Toyosatomimi.
- 1280x1024.
Background doesn't matter much. You may leave original one, or replace to yours. In latter case, please, use similar colored one.

And, heh, I'll try to do it on my own as well. What do you think about photoshopping competition? :matsurismirk:

Sure, sounds like fun. I'll see what I can do with it. :P

Delfigamer

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »
How things are going?
Seems like I've finished extraction of my Toyo, though, I may wait for you if you want to. :3

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2013, 04:59:44 PM »
How things are going?
Seems like I've finished extraction of my Toyo, though, I may wait for you if you want to. :3

To be quite frank, they aren't going. During the week I'm very busy with school so I have little time to work on requests and such. I usually take out all of my requests during the weekend, when I have time for it and I don't have to rush it.

Speaking of, probably going to livestream on Saturday, sometime during the day/morning (my time, UTC -6). So, hopefully you guys won't miss it like you did last time. I'll also probably livestreaming some games afterwards, so yeah. Stop on by, why don't you?  :D

Delfigamer

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2013, 03:32:48 AM »
Well, most of time there's simly nothing to stream; I don't think a UT/UEd/coding shown at GMT 7-12 will gather a large public.
So, wait until the end of the week? Okay, hopefully, I have enough stuff to do besides photoshopping. :3

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »
Well, most of time there's simly nothing to stream; I don't think a UT/UEd/coding shown at GMT 7-12 will gather a large public.
So, wait until the end of the week? Okay, hopefully, I have enough stuff to do besides photoshopping. :3

Well I was actually referring to myself when I was talking about streaming.  :V

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2013, 08:02:17 AM »
Je request le signature.
Here's the image. If the image dimensions for the signature is hard to cope with and a bit odd, it can have only Koishi in it. Sorry, Satori :'c You can stream this one if you want.
And it seems like I'm not the only one here who feels horrible when asking for stuff.
Could I have it look a bit cheery with a "concealed" feeling to it please, with a few hearts? Tay may mosh~

Sorry it took so damn long; I've been rather busy with school as of late.

[attach=1]

I kept the original background because there was no way in hell I was going to be able to render that.
Tried a new border too, to try for that "concealed" feel. I hope I did okay.
Let me know if you want anything changed~

Also on-topic: Would you could you please avatar-ize the sunskullorbthingie from this pic, Rango?

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=rider+of+the+unholy#/d28dfs0

Boom done I'm sorry I'm such a slowass

[attach=2]

Strict conditions:
- Whole Toyosatomimi.
- 1280x1024.

Now don't get me wrong, this is by no means done; I just thought you might want a clean version of the wallpaper resized to fit your specifications.

[attach=3]

Don't let me know if you want anything changed, because it isn't done yet. It's just 2AM for me and I know I won't get it done tonight. This post is here to let you know I'm working on it and to push out the other requests I've had.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2013, 09:28:31 AM »
Sorry it took so damn long; I've been rather busy with school as of late.

[attach=1]

I kept the original background because there was no way in hell I was going to be able to render that.
Tried a new border too, to try for that "concealed" feel. I hope I did okay.
Let me know if you want anything changed~

This
IS
BEAUTIFUL  :*

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:31 PM »
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

[attach=2]

Thank you good sir! :D

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2013, 05:18:15 AM »
Hey there~ I don't really have a request, but I thought maybe you'd like some form of criticism, specifically about Fondue's signature. I thought that could be helpful... or something.

Pros:

- I love the border you used. As you said, it really gives a concealed, separated feeling. It's so simple, yet works perfectly.
- The position of Satori and Koi-Koi. I know it's just flipping them upside-down, but the concept is, as above, simple and works really well.
- Not sure if intentional, but I like the way Koishi's dress forms a circle at the bottom.

Cons:

- The use of red is interesting on Satori's side, but looks weird in Koishi's side. Maybe using separate colors for the two sides would've worked better?
- The rectangles(?)-like stripes are a bit weird. I can't really give any advice or propositions to that one, but I can't blame you either. The original pic was a bit over-loaded, so putting something without making it strange was a challenge by itself, and you did a pretty good job all things considered.

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2013, 10:46:07 PM »

Okay, now I'm done.

I didn't do much, but I didn't want to mess with the background too much.

[attach=1]

Hope you like it, and let me know if you want anything changed~

This
IS
BEAUTIFUL  :*

I'm glad you like it.

Thank you good sir! :D

No problem. Once again, sorry it took me so long.

Hey there~ I don't really have a request, but I thought maybe you'd like some form of criticism, specifically about Fondue's signature. I thought that could be helpful... or something.

Pros:

- I love the border you used. As you said, it really gives a concealed, separated feeling. It's so simple, yet works perfectly.
- The position of Satori and Koi-Koi. I know it's just flipping them upside-down, but the concept is, as above, simple and works really well.
- Not sure if intentional, but I like the way Koishi's dress forms a circle at the bottom.

Cons:

- The use of red is interesting on Satori's side, but looks weird in Koishi's side. Maybe using separate colors for the two sides would've worked better?
- The rectangles(?)-like stripes are a bit weird. I can't really give any advice or propositions to that one, but I can't blame you either. The original pic was a bit over-loaded, so putting something without making it strange was a challenge by itself, and you did a pretty good job all things considered.

Thanks for the critique, once again. I would've rendered them and come up with my own background and such if the picture wasn't so complex, but alas it was and so I didn't want to spend ten hours making a shitty render that would look funny anyway.

And no, the circle was not intentional. Didn't even notice it.

Delfigamer

« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2013, 06:44:33 AM »
Okay, now I'm done.
I didn't do much, but I didn't want to mess with the background too much.
[attach=1]
Hope you like it, and let me know if you want anything changed~
[attach=1]
Another one is on her left hand.
Aside from that, nice background. :3
I went a bit other way, though:

So, let's see what other readers (including Ikari) will say about them. :3
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:46:28 AM by Delfigamer »

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2013, 08:14:05 AM »
[attach=1]
Another one is on her left hand.
Aside from that, nice background. :3
I went a bit other way, though:

So, let's see what other readers (including Ikari) will say about them. :3

I just made a quick selection tool with the polygonal lasso tool; I'll go back and fix that when it isn't 2 AM.

Fixed.

[attach=1]

I think that's better. :P
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:38:58 AM by Rangoinim »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2013, 12:18:45 AM »
So I went from being criti-phobic to being asked to judge a photoshop competition? This is kinda cool  :D

This isn't easy, seeing how I have to judge wallpapers based on a wallpaper. Oh dear.

Rango's:

Pros: I have to say, the wallpaper really dazzled me. I love how you took the sparkling effect from the original wallpaper and amplified it. The blurry background truly makes Miko the focal point of the picture, and with the dazzle-border and her size and alignment, makes it lovely.

Cons: The whole thing looks a bit more like a picture, rather than a wallpaper; The blurry effect, the focus on Miko... It all removes everything that is not-Miko. It also feels a bit too sparkly and full of details for a wallpaper.

Final Result: 9 on 10.

Delfi's:

Pros: A radically different approach, I have to give you a point for the same reason I took one away from Rango; Removing the bright shine of the sun and toning down the stars made the whole thing much more wallpaper-ish, and gave it a calmer, more regular look.

Cons: Miko's position is too low; The original picture had Miko take up all the space, Rango had her centered with a border, and yours seem like she's limited to the bottom of the screen, with an empty black spot at the top. Furthermore, with the sun's razzle-dazzle removed, Miko's sparkling body simply looks out of place, more specifically her legs, who seem to shine for no reason. (Miko was Edward all along!)

Final Result: 7.5 - 8 on 10.

Rangoinim

• OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »
So I went from being criti-phobic to being asked to judge a photoshop competition? This is kinda cool  :D

This isn't easy, seeing how I have to judge wallpapers based on a wallpaper. Oh dear.

Rango's:

Pros: I have to say, the wallpaper really dazzled me. I love how you took the sparkling effect from the original wallpaper and amplified it. The blurry background truly makes Miko the focal point of the picture, and with the dazzle-border and her size and alignment, makes it lovely.

Cons: The whole thing looks a bit more like a picture, rather than a wallpaper; The blurry effect, the focus on Miko... It all removes everything that is not-Miko. It also feels a bit too sparkly and full of details for a wallpaper.

Final Result: 9 on 10.

Delfi's:

Pros: A radically different approach, I have to give you a point for the same reason I took one away from Rango; Removing the bright shine of the sun and toning down the stars made the whole thing much more wallpaper-ish, and gave it a calmer, more regular look.

Cons: Miko's position is too low; The original picture had Miko take up all the space, Rango had her centered with a border, and yours seem like she's limited to the bottom of the screen, with an empty black spot at the top. Furthermore, with the sun's razzle-dazzle removed, Miko's sparkling body simply looks out of place, more specifically her legs, who seem to shine for no reason. (Miko was Edward all along!)

Final Result: 7.5 - 8 on 10.

I guess this means that I win. hehehe
I totally saw this before, but life was kicking me in the ass and I just barely managed to get back. However, I do have some work to show for it:

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

It's not much, but it's something. Use as you see fit~