Author Topic: Mountain of Faith ReimuC  (Read 1945 times)

Mountain of Faith ReimuC
« on: May 27, 2013, 05:28:18 AM »
Is it just me not knowing how to use her or is ReimuC just absolutely terrible?

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
Re: Mountain of Faith ReimuC
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 05:33:17 AM »
It is hard to use her on bosses, because some attacks do force you to the bottom of the screen. During stages her shotgun damage makes up for it in my opinion but she's not a great type for survival. Fun to score with though.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 05:59:07 AM »
MoF ReimuC is outclassed by ReimuA in almost every way, since ReimuA does slightly higher damage to bosses on average, while having much better stage coverage. The only situation where ReimuC is better is if you can pretty much point-blank a boss, which is only possible with a few spells, mostly on lower difficulties. At least that's my experience from trying ReimuC in one of the MotK tournaments.

It seems that almost every spread shot ZUN makes is terrible, actually. Except UFO SanaeB, who's a bit overpowered instead. I wonder if spread shots are just hard to balance.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:03:28 AM by Karisa »

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 06:36:28 AM »
It seems that almost every spread shot ZUN makes is terrible, actually. Except UFO SanaeB, who's a bit overpowered instead. I wonder if spread shots are just hard to balance.

EoSD/PCB ReimuB?

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:41:51 PM »
You're right, those are spread shots. Somehow I've been thinking of them simply as "needle Reimu" shots, grouped in with non-spread shots like MoF ReimuB, even though I take advantage of their close-range higher damage whenever I reasonably can when I'm playing them... perhaps it was influenced by my experiences with shots like MoF ReimuC, MS Yuka, and UFO MarisaB.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:43:24 PM by Karisa »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 11:04:13 PM »
You're right, those are spread shots. Somehow I've been thinking of them simply as "needle Reimu" shots, grouped in with non-spread shots like MoF ReimuB, even though I take advantage of their close-range higher damage whenever I reasonably can when I'm playing them... perhaps it was influenced by my experiences with shots like MoF ReimuC, MS Yuka, and UFO MarisaB.
MarisaB doesn't count as a spread shot. She's a glorified forward focus except really bad. Those spread shots hardly even take out a popcorn fairy before they reach the middle.

Also, Yuyuko in IN? Stages just became effortlessly easy. Yuuka isn't bad either, or at least her shot isn't; her speed, on the other hand, is SO SLOW it's hard to actually get out of the way of bullets...

It's mostly just that MoF ReimuC is terrible.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore