Author Topic: Problem with every touhou on Fullscreen (Win7)  (Read 11629 times)

gabrielwoj

• Is that someone did a 2D Touhou?
Problem with every touhou on Fullscreen (Win7)
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:00:39 PM »
Hi, I getting some trouble with touhouses... Much times the windows keep blinking at the top right.. Btw, it looks touhou is maximized, becauseI can move the window even fullscreen...
This don't happen sometimes when there are NO any folder at back (on background, such as internet browsers or windows explorer)...
This is an example of the problem:

Any idea?
Also on Perfect Cherry Blossom, the window is little smaller or even bigger... Don't know why!

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:03:38 PM by gabrielwoj »
Image on the Avatar by: xephonia-d35lvsi

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Problem with every touhou on Fullscreen (Win7)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
Looking back at your previous thread, you might want to try properly installing the version of DirectX that comes with the Touhou games (specifically the one from MoF and later).  Also, try updating your videocard drivers.

gabrielwoj

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:30:21 PM »
Looking back at your previous thread, you might want to try properly installing the version of DirectX that comes with the Touhou games (specifically the one from MoF and later).  Also, try updating your videocard drivers.

My directx is the most recent...  and my video driver too, I installed catalyst ATI drivers...
The only way is play windowed, but is pretty odd D:

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:38:30 PM »
My directx is the most recent...  and my video driver too, I installed catalyst ATI drivers...
The only way is play windowed, but is pretty odd D:
But you actually installed DirectX 9?  10 and 11 come with Vista/Win7, but 9 does not, you need to install it extra.

gabrielwoj

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »
Hm... Well, all other games is working on my pc (not touhou but others...)
SO I think it's not necessary right now...
Thanks still for the help!
Actually, very recent touhous don't happen this...

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »
I had a similar problem with them on windows 7. The best way to fix this is to go to the touhou exe that you use. Right click and click properties, then chose compatibility. Check "Disable visual themes" and ok. That should fix it.

You only need to do this for the game your using, like just the english one. Don't bother doing this with vsync, it won't make a difference.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

gabrielwoj

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 01:03:43 AM »
Hm.. I was thinking on that... but compatibility!
Well, I will try soon... Thanks!

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 03:39:57 AM »
Hm.. I was thinking on that... but compatibility!
Well, I will try soon... Thanks!
I wouldn't think on it so much as compatibility, it just happens to be there. It's just the computer having trouble displaying it properly. You also shouldn't have to put the games into compatibility mode for any system.
I've also had the glitch that when full-screened, it shows up fine but the top left pixel likes to change color. I found out that it was part of my background changing every few seconds bleeding through to the game on that one pixel. So this will fix that too. Having the background change can actually affect touhou's frame rate, I noticed. It would be better if you didn't have it change that often. (it affects fraps too)

Come to think of it, if the game has trouble displaying properly on newer computers, maybe it IS compatibility. I haven't thought of it that way.  :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>