Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F  (Read 277227 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 11F
« Reply #690 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:28 AM »
Normal Attacks based on MAG targets enemies' MND.
Spoiler:
Iku's
ability, along with Kaguya's,
Spoiler:
Eirin's
, and
Spoiler:
Reisen's
ability.
The Japanese description says 防御性能(Defensive Capabilities), so if the description is correct, it reduces both DEF and MND.
If the description is correct.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:17:45 AM by Sungho »
Signature

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #691 on: September 20, 2013, 12:58:56 AM »
Normal Attacks based on MAG targets enemies' MND.

Correct you are. Not sure if I like that or not, since it doesn't have that "anti-mage" feel to it. Meh, nobody uses it on a regular basis anyway.

Would have been hilarious to see
Spoiler:
Patchy or someone swat the Great Intellect's double-digit Defense with a regular attack.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #692 on: September 20, 2013, 01:01:31 AM »
Would have been hilarious to see
Spoiler:
Patchy or someone swat the Great Intellect's double-digit Defense with a regular attack.
I would so, laugh if it was on Youtube.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Sahgren

« Reply #693 on: September 20, 2013, 06:00:58 AM »
I'm getting the feeling that
Spoiler:
Tenshi's Sword of Scarlet Perception attack and Owner of the Sword of Scarlet Perception skill got buffed and fixed respectively. The attack was more consistently removing buffs, and I was noticing times where the attack would remove some buffs before the animation, then remove some more after the attack, which I think was the skill at work. All in all makes her considerably more useful than before.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #694 on: September 20, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »
You should probably ask the translation thread on that. I personally liked the sound of Engacho Guard more than Swiftly Crossing Our Fingers (way too literal imo) but it was currently translated that way in the partial translation patch so... yeah.

Thanks, I'll go ask in that thread then.

Also, a quick question: The "counter with a Normal Attack" skill(Physical for Yuugi, Magic for
Spoiler:
Iku
). I remember that there are skills in the subclasses that change how said Normal Attack worked(hit all targets for Monk, damage increase for Warrior and Sorcerer, etc.), and I want to know if they actually trigger when the counter skill is triggered. That sort of knowledge would be very nice to know(especially since if it is so, it would actually be a problem, as the Normal Attack altering skills cost 1 MP per use, and thus turn said counter skills into an MP sink from enemy attacks).

Edit: Um, where is the translation thread, exactly?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:25:23 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #695 on: September 20, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »
Translation Thread: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15439.180.html

I think Swiftly Crossing Your Fingers is a pretty cool sounding name, and on the other hand... um... how many people even know what Engacho means? Not only that, when I googled I got some spanish word that means Pegs, so I'm not sure even -I- know what it means after trying to find out :T So there's that too.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #696 on: September 20, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »
The counter skills are weird.
They are separate skills from Normal Attacks, always Magic / MYS for
Spoiler:
Iku
, regardless of what the higher stat is.
(Although I couldn't check with Yuugi, I'm sure it's always Direct / PHYS)

It seems that it doesn't receive any benefits Normal Attacks receive from skills from subclasses.

Spoiler:
Iku's Heaven's Hagoromo
doesn't seem to be working now, so I can't say anything about it.

The translation thread is in located in 'Touhou Projects', child board of 'Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments'.

About Engacho, it was translated to Warding Away Bad Luck in th125, Hina's title.

Completely unrelated, when can we stop using spoiler tags for characters that appear over 6F?
Signature

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #697 on: September 20, 2013, 03:56:09 PM »
Grinding on 20F...so fun, heh.  Even took a little detour back to 16F to nail the FOE there with its crazy high hp regen capabilities.  Everyone's at least lv100 now, if not higher.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #698 on: September 20, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »
The
Spoiler:
Glowing Azure Giant
is a pain... I was so close to killing it and my damage dealers decided to do the flop. Any ideas on how to tackle this problem?

Sahgren

« Reply #699 on: September 20, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »
There isn't a lot to that fight besides removing the buffs as quickly as possible via debuffs or straight buff removal and being careful not to lose damage dealers to the AoEs. It's a lot like the
Spoiler:
12F Magatama
fight, but with the need of a tank with a metric ton of health and/or physical resistance and a way to handle opposing buffs.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #700 on: September 20, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »
It took me half a dozen  tries until I finally managed to get rid of its debuffs. In the end I only had Komachi and Aya left, dealing some measly WND damage until it finally decided to drop dead.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #701 on: September 20, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »
There isn't a lot to that fight besides removing the buffs as quickly as possible via debuffs or straight buff removal and being careful not to lose damage dealers to the AoEs. It's a lot like the
Spoiler:
12F Magatama
fight, but with the need of a tank with a metric ton of health and/or physical resistance and a way to handle opposing buffs.
I had Komachi stall until the buffs decayed on its own completely on my first play through. And in my synergy run, it was a mixture of
Spoiler:
Eirin's self sustain with Hourai Elixir
and
Spoiler:
Reisen's Discarder
that helped me get rid of the buffs. I still had an absurd amount of trouble on both play throughs though (I hadn't given Komachi the Healer subclass for self sustain yet so I switched in healers which sometimes ended up dying).

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #702 on: September 20, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
Is it bad I got
Spoiler:
Byakuren
early? She was helping heeps alot with the fight, until shit went out the window, I almost had it until it decided to troll me.

Well good news is I compensated my defeat at the
Spoiler:
Azure Giant's hands
beating the
Spoiler:
Hell Dragon FOE
which makes me happy.

Edit: I think I over fed
Spoiler:
Byakuren
buffs when I went to fight the
Spoiler:
Azure Giant
again.

Warning Spoilers:

Oops.

The
Spoiler:
Azure Giant and his last moment
before
Spoiler:
Namusan struck him down with the power Buddhism.

Also Aya was grazing Rasetsu Fist like a boss ALL the misses in the world!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:27:44 PM by MewMewHeart »

jaxter0987

« Reply #703 on: September 20, 2013, 09:50:59 PM »
I wish I had that kind of luck with
Spoiler:
Yukari
. I kept re fighting her so she drops everything but every single time, she just decides to not drop either Star of Elendil or Washboard Set...

I ended up just keeping the run that got me Star of Elendil instead of trying to get both. Fought her ~10 times and I'm getting tired of getting raped by her on occasion just because she decides to spam Black Universe.

« Reply #704 on: September 20, 2013, 10:05:09 PM »
Spoiler:
Yukari
. I kept re fighting her so she drops everything but every single time, she just decides to not drop either Star of Elendil or Washboard Set...

I ended up just keeping the run that got me Star of Elendil instead of trying to get both. Fought her ~10 times and I'm getting tired of getting raped by her on occasion just because she decides to spam Black Universe.
You could just get the washboard set instead.
There's an enemy on the 20th floor which drops Star of Elendils.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #705 on: September 20, 2013, 10:21:41 PM »
Spoiler:
Yukari

I was pretty much underleveled which probably got me the bonus. o.o

Speaking of
Spoiler:
Yukari
any ideas on beating her because she won't stop breaking the law.

jaxter0987

« Reply #706 on: September 21, 2013, 03:21:47 AM »
You could just get the washboard set instead.
There's an enemy on the 20th floor which drops Star of Elendils.
Star of Elendil > Washboard Set
And both items drop from 20F. Washboard Set even has a higher drop rate AND you're more likely to be grinding in the second part of 20F anyway which is where you can get it, should you need it.
I was pretty much underleveled which probably got me the bonus. o.o

Speaking of
Spoiler:
Yukari
any ideas on beating her because she won't stop breaking the law.
I'm ~6 levels underneath the Challenge Level for
Spoiler:
Yukari
. She just refused to drop both.

I'd offer advice except I don't really have any to offer. Look at the wiki for that fight I guess if you haven't already.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:52:47 AM by jaxter0987 »

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #707 on: September 21, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
Got to say, the fights against
Spoiler:
the Goddess of Fertility and the Three Orbs
are simply genius. The tinkering I had to do to win (especially against the latter)! The combat in LoT2 is so much less straightforward than its predecessor's.

« Reply #708 on: September 21, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »
Got to say, the fights against
Spoiler:
the Goddess of Fertility and the Three Orbs
are simply genius. The tinkering I had to do to win (especially against the latter)! The combat in LoT2 is so much less straightforward than its predecessor's.

On the latter: "Hahaha I'm going to heal foreve-" "So you're saying I need to kill you in one turn."

Subtlety is dead. Subtlety remains dead, and we have killed it.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #709 on: September 21, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »
Hey Jax you might hate me for this I just beaten
Spoiler:
and...

Spoilers:

This fight was brought to you by
Spoiler:
Namusan and Ran
buffs:

Edit: In other news I just got
Spoiler:
Flandre
and it only took me one try.

I would like to thank Aya,  Kaguya,
Spoiler:
Yukari
, and
Spoiler:
Byakuren
for their help and contribution in this battle.[/spoiler]

Results:

Spoiler:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:43:41 AM by MewMewHeart »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #710 on: September 22, 2013, 12:54:57 AM »
Halfway to the 2.4m in money I need to get past a rock on 20F.  Pretty quick when I can one or two shot the 20F mobs that have the high exp/money payouts.

Oh yeah, there was the matter of an enemy weak to dark on 20F that ate a 500k Pain Flow from Hina.  She was fully debuffed this time.  I fear for the final boss's safety, heh (Which I will be taking on at the challenge level just because).  Think she had around 20k magic and Pain Flow maxed out, not 100% sure.

I can only imagine how much more damage it'd dish out with passives that boost dark damage (Parsee, that means you) and damage versus certain enemy types.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

jaxter0987

« Reply #711 on: September 22, 2013, 03:31:58 AM »
Finally uploaded and annotated my
Spoiler:
Yukari
fight video.

Wish the partial translation patch was up to the most current patch, but it can't be helped thanks to the major level up bug Sungho mentioned.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #712 on: September 22, 2013, 03:44:30 AM »
Finally uploaded and annotated my
Spoiler:
Yukari
fight video.

Wish the partial translation patch was up to the most current patch, but it can't be helped thanks to the major level up bug Sungho mentioned.
Didn't it get fixed in patch 1.151 or is it still there?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #713 on: September 22, 2013, 04:06:19 AM »
Didn't it get fixed in patch 1.151 or is it still there?
It's fixed, but the latest version of the english patch is still 1.141

They couldn't start working on the eng.patch for the newer version until the fix came out, which didn't happen for a few days (no point porting the patch up to an unstable version that's getting obseleted ASAP)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:09:24 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #714 on: September 22, 2013, 04:08:22 AM »
Thought so as much. Thanks Serela.

« Reply #715 on: September 22, 2013, 07:21:52 AM »

aww, just as I was getting excited for my new game and reading about the partial translation lol. While I could play blind (well partially blind, I can read hiragana and katakana, and a few kanji), I don't really like playing without understanding what's going on *sigh*. though maybe it might not take long for that update to happen, I don't know, I just started here lol. (btw nice to meet you all)

jaxter0987

« Reply #716 on: September 22, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »
aww, just as I was getting excited for my new game and reading about the partial translation lol. While I could play blind (well partially blind, I can read hiragana and katakana, and a few kanji), I don't really like playing without understanding what's going on *sigh*. though maybe it might not take long for that update to happen, I don't know, I just started here lol. (btw nice to meet you all)
Playing with the 1.141 patch works just fine, since the saves work for all versions it seems. For my the last boss fight I had, I re-speced my characters in the 1.141 patch so it'd be easier (even though I would know pretty much all the skills just by looking at the description in Japanese) and then played in the 1.151 patch.

Also, we've been calling them patches, but they're not really patches when you're downloading a whole new executable.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:16:24 PM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #717 on: September 22, 2013, 01:33:12 PM »
Is there a rough estimate as to when this game's translation will be completed? If it will be finished in like, 2 or 3 months I'll just stop playing for now and wait for it. Checking the wiki every now and then feels a little awkward.

« Reply #718 on: September 22, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »
Is there a rough estimate as to when this game's translation will be completed? If it will be finished in like, 2 or 3 months I'll just stop playing for now and wait for it. Checking the wiki every now and then feels a little awkward.

latest English patch can always be found here
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15439.0.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4gh7ogxr344a9d
^latest patch for ver1.151

story is not translated yet but almost everything else is so its very playable

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #719 on: September 22, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »
There is missing translation for some special items and main equipment because they changed their effects. Now, instead of increasing the growth value of a character's stat, it will increase its base value.
The reset option in the Magic Library now only specifies that it will only reset Skill points (I don't know if it really works that way) (Tested, it does only now remove your skill points, not the level up bonuses)

I can't give you a good estimate, while it is playable with system, menu, abilites, spells stuff translated, dialogues and story will easily take months to complete with me and Regal still learning the language.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:12:39 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French