Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 211584 times)

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Grail War - A Fate/Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #990 on: August 25, 2017, 09:57:54 PM »
> Might be in vain... but try to not think too much on what happened some hours ago, specially Rider and Koch's deaths. The least we need is a night full of nightmares and not being well-rested.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #991 on: August 25, 2017, 10:26:06 PM »
>"Sure, sure. Goodnight, Archer."
>Let's put this away and go get some well-earned rest

> Might be in vain... but try to not think too much on what happened some hours ago, specially Rider and Koch's deaths. The least we need is a night full of nightmares and not being well-rested.

>You conk out not long after your head hits the pillow, you barely have time to even reflect on the day.
>Snowflakes lazily make their way down the crystalline surface. With each moment, it the motion becomes slower, lazier. This is good, it is as it should be. Bit by bit, they approach an asymptotic stillness, growing ever closer, yet not quite reaching it. As it should be. This is the correct way of things. A young woman toils on the other side of the curved surface of the glass, in a dry and dusty place. The grass is brown, the trees are small huddled things. Dryness fills the air. The young woman swings a hammer at the side of a rickety trailer house, securing loose siding into place. The wind blows, disturbing the dust and kicking it into the air in sharp, unpleasant spirals. Then they slowly drift to the earth, losing the momentum that the wind imparted. This is better.
>The woman only barely knows what she is doing, but this does not bother her. She is confident in her work. There is no need to get anyone else involved. There are neighbors, but they are not welcome this deep into her life. She does not need them, they do not need her, and she is content with this. There is little hope here, but that is fine too. It is an illusion, something to be taken away at the merest whims of greater forces. This cannot be helped, this cannot be changed. All that can be done is adapt to it.
>Snowflakes drift along the glass, carried by the the whims of the world. They float aimlessly, coming closer and closer to perfect stillness, never quite reaching it. This is good. A woman in rough leathers chants in a thick forest, invoking a song to please the land in a tune that the ears of no human can decipher. Soon the time will come again, but for now all is peaceful. This is all she can ask for.
>Morning light streams through your window. It's hard not groan as you perceive it through blurry eyes. For a moment your mind grasps to remember where you are, who you are, before you can really understand that you've waken up.

>_

« Reply #992 on: August 25, 2017, 11:02:09 PM »
>Heck of a dream....
>What time is it?
>Try to stretch and stand up

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #993 on: August 25, 2017, 11:18:12 PM »
>Heck of a dream....
>What time is it?
>Try to stretch and stand up

>You are sure you remember it pretty well...
>Judging by the light, probably around 7-8 AM. You'd check the clock but you can't read the damn thing without your glasses anyways.
>You stretch and stand up without too much issue.

>_

« Reply #994 on: August 25, 2017, 11:31:21 PM »
>Let's get up, grab some breakfast and check the news

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #995 on: August 25, 2017, 11:45:54 PM »
> Normally remembering dreams well is pretty hard, let it alone near impossible... Ah, thinking if something else is involved will just get us stressed... Let's enjoy the peace moments while we can.
> As we get breakfast, tell Archer we are awake if she's not aware by that time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #996 on: August 26, 2017, 12:08:55 AM »
>Let's get up, grab some breakfast and check the news

> Normally remembering dreams well is pretty hard, let it alone near impossible... Ah, thinking if something else is involved will just get us stressed... Let's enjoy the peace moments while we can.
> As we get breakfast, tell Archer we are awake if she's not aware by that time.

>You try not to dwell on it and go get some breakfast. A bowl of cereal ought to do it.
>As you gather breakfast, you check on Archer. She tells you that everything's been fine all night, if boring as hell. Apparently there have been some traffic snags visible from the roof, but otherwise nothing of interest.
>As you eat, you check various news sites. The response is...not good. Practically every article is full of shock and "How could this possibly happen?" Comment sections are full of regressives blaming every left wing cause under the sun. Left wing response has been split between a responding "THANK GOD!" and others chiding for taking such a low road, which is quickly devolving into a circular firing squad as it usually does. Government response has been mixed; some are fairly measured, and others are entirely content to invoke this as casus belli for something. A 3 AM tweet from the president probably sums up the latter sentiment the best: "When we find out who's killing our finest citizens, we're gonna bomb the HELL out of them, believe me! There will be nothing left!"
>Midway through breakfast, Archer returns and plops down on the couch.

>_

« Reply #997 on: August 26, 2017, 12:12:59 AM »
>"Well, the news is about as bad as you'd expect when someone as visible and polarizing as Koch ends up murdered. Some people are angry, some people are cheering, some people are angry at the people who are cheering. I wish I could say I knew how any of this is going to work out in the end."
>Can we see any news info pertaining specifically to credible theories or the police investigation locally?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #998 on: August 26, 2017, 12:16:30 AM »
> This couldn't be all. Surely not. If we take Assassin's Noble Phantasm into account...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #999 on: August 26, 2017, 12:22:22 AM »
>"Well, the news is about as bad as you'd expect when someone as visible and polarizing as Koch ends up murdered. Some people are angry, some people are cheering, some people are angry at the people who are cheering. I wish I could say I knew how any of this is going to work out in the end."
>Can we see any news info pertaining specifically to credible theories or the police investigation locally?

> This couldn't be all. Surely not. If we take Assassin's Noble Phantasm into account...

>Archer nods. "I'm surprised that anyone would be on his side. But then again, a lot of things about this place surprise me."
>As far as local news goes, there hasn't been much announced. Apparently the bullet type has been released. On the speculation side, there's all sorts of people putting up their their theories about fantasy assassins; who are generally foreign and not white. It kind of reminds you of things you heard about the Oklahoma City Bombing back in the day, when the news was salivating over the prospect that one of the bombers was of Middle Eastern descent. In fact, it seems at least one local news network is going for exactly that.  Others seem to be keen to blame Black Lives Matter or The Black Panthers (new and old, if they even know the difference), Antifa movements, George Soros, Jews as a whole, or liberals in general since they are the real nazis.
>If something doesn't distract from this, it'll get nasty.

>_

« Reply #1000 on: August 26, 2017, 12:33:29 AM »
>"Well, I could probably spend all day trying to explain the politics behind that one, but let's just say that a lot of rich people have managed to convince the middle class that they're on their side - that the supposedly lazy poor are the real drain on the system, that the wealthy would be able to help everyone better if only the government would just let them be even richer, and then of course there's always immigrants and minorities to pin the blame for things on. Really, I'm not sure it even matters who's correct when enough people are agitated like this. Like, I could honestly see riots coming out of this at some point...."

>Can we see any news relating to the wrecked Model-T or a police report involving a car trying to run down civilians?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1001 on: August 26, 2017, 12:49:06 AM »
>"Well, I could probably spend all day trying to explain the politics behind that one, but let's just say that a lot of rich people have managed to convince the middle class that they're on their side - that the supposedly lazy poor are the real drain on the system, that the wealthy would be able to help everyone better if only the government would just let them be even richer, and then of course there's always immigrants and minorities to pin the blame for things on. Really, I'm not sure it even matters who's correct when enough people are agitated like this. Like, I could honestly see riots coming out of this at some point...."

>Can we see any news relating to the wrecked Model-T or a police report involving a car trying to run down civilians?

>"...Yalls hella stupid," Archer says.