Author Topic: [WC3 - DotS] General discussion thread I  (Read 564049 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: 东方幻想乡[D]efense [o]f [t]he [S]hrines (DotS, WC3)
« Reply #600 on: February 13, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »
MotK DotS tournament is go

Taking bets on how early I get my ass kicked because I play support in a pseudo-round-robin points-based setup?

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #601 on: February 13, 2011, 12:30:52 PM »
I'm also going to get my ass kicked.
Because, whilst I do get decent killcounts, I usually end the game with one of the highest deathcounts.
And deaths > kills.
So... yeah.

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #602 on: February 13, 2011, 12:31:26 PM »
MotK DotS tournament is go

Taking bets on how early I get my ass kicked because I play support in a pseudo-round-robin points-based setup?

Dw I'll probably be the first to get eliminated. Then Dormio.

Reverie

• International Nue month
« Reply #603 on: February 13, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »
when will it be held

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2011, 01:43:11 PM »
when will it be held
The exact starting date has to be decided together with Pesco.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #605 on: February 13, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »
Hele will expect to do most of the hosting for the games. We will need to wait until his PC is fixed at minimum before we can start.

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #606 on: February 13, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »
Unless I play Komachi, I think I'm going to be in the top 3 dudes with the highest death counts. :[
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #607 on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
Oh, the wonders of early genji.

Hakurei
Sodium (Shikieiki)
Shadowbringer (Tenshi)
Z_god (Aya)
Ace-Royale (Marisa)

Moriya
Stuffman (Yuuka)
Pesco (Rumia)
Dormio (Byakuren)
Kitten4u (Yukari)

Captain Infinity

« Reply #608 on: February 13, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »
Oh, the wonders of early genji.

Hakurei
Sodium (Shikieiki)
Shadowbringer (Tenshi)
Z_god (Aya)
Ace-Royale (Marisa)

Moriya
Stuffman (Yuuka)
Pesco (Rumia)
Dormio (Byakuren)
Kitten4u (Yukari)

Didn't help you derped so much early on to let them get the faith for it :V
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:49:54 PM by Infinity »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #609 on: February 13, 2011, 10:32:29 PM »
Didn't help you derped so much early on to let the get the faith for it :V
LAST HITTING.
HOW DOES IT WORK.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #610 on: February 14, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »
Charismatichost, don't fix your computer for the next 6 months, so I will be able to enter the tournament :V
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #611 on: February 14, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »
So the tournament is starting soon...sigh, to bad I can't enter without my brother's laptop....

Well, I'll be rooting for everyone~

Go Go everyone!!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:23:24 AM by Bunny Doll.S »

« Reply #612 on: February 14, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »
ahem... is this thing working?

Gentlemen, good morning. Or whatever you are having beside your windows at the moment. I am known as necrodesu, though it makes no difference whether you know me or not. For now I will be representing chinese DotS development team here. And the sole reason that brings me here is simple.
As you may have already noticed, the map is currently undergoing precious balancing in anticipation of more large-scale changes to take place. And the developers are naturally concerned about what their players think. So, they are interested in your opinion as one of the largest DotS communities.
What heroes do you consider overpowered and worth nerfing, and whom - underpowered and weak? And why?
I'll gladly hear out anyone and give my summary to devs. Thank you for cooperation. Please proceed.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #613 on: February 14, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »
Awesomeness. Welcome to MotK Viro.

I'll just address a few things that come off the top of my head. If you can, drop into our IRC chan and we can get a lot more talking done. For the most part if the reasoning behind the buffs/nerfs can be explained, I think we can be satisfied.

Wriggle, as of 958
Her cloaking time by lategame lets her attack and recloak. Our metagame finds it highly retarded that we need to ban her to keep the game enjoyable for everyone.

Koishi
We generally don't find her fun to play at all. I heard that the chinese community finds her lack of active abilities underpowering. From our end, she requires no skill to play besides juking and last-hitting. On a field of average players, the hero's strength takes too much credit for the win when it should be the player's ability.

Eirin
Her passive made her fun (for me) to play again. But she seems to gain the free int too quickly. After an hour of game time she does more base damage than Flandre.

Hakkero
The old Hakkero with the super MP regen was fun. It encouraged strategy much more than what it does now. One of our players suggests that if a cooldown affecting item is to exist, rather let it be like DotA's refresher orb. I didn't test it, but I believed the current Hakkero would make Nue's D skill infinitely stackable.

Primator
We liked the Primator a lot as well. Perhaps we just can't get around the idea of using the Anchor item instead. Basically Primator seems a lot more useful than Anchor could ever be.

I'm sure you'll have others come in with their opinions soon.

Captain Infinity

« Reply #614 on: February 14, 2011, 07:13:12 PM »
Awesomeness indeed.

Pesco addressed most of the common issues we generally believe, but I have a couple of my own thoughts:

I do sort of believe Byakuren's ultimate regenerates too much health on hit at the moment; on top of her already rather strong skillset it seems a little ridiculous.

I dislike how Tewi's toggled attack does such high pure damage and can stun. I know it has a chance to fail on hit and all, but I do really think it should get a reduction in damage, since it tears apart enemy girls at insane rates. If I remember right, I think I once did like 25% of Tenshi's HP in damage (on Pesco :V) when I last played her.

The Portable Donation Box item (the one which is analogous to DotA's Hand of Midas) seems quite lacking to me compared to other DotS items and I doubt I've really seen it in action because of that reason, though I can see some nice uses for it.

« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
Only use ive had for donation box is yamame for instabt kill, but thats only good early game. Same goes for tax orb also, has seen no real use becuase of small impact it has for its high price. Another thing too look at is yamame's bug where you get perma aids. I dont know if thats intentional or what but it sucks when it happens. Eiki ult also seems pretty op at moments also, having an invuln clone walkijg around isnt fun when you can just command it to auto attack towers and take down a good portion of it when nothing is done. Final issue i have is byak's teleport, srsly when tp to shrine and she casts that on me its lolwut just happened. Also believe sakuya and rans seem pretty useless late game.

Ran: she has good early game with her laser and slow but once mid - late game get going shes pretty much a free kill when her ult is on cd.

Sakuya: the recent buff to her was pretty nice now that she scales but as before she needs a large build up of items to be anywhere near useful as you would like. Also with the recent change to hakkero less spamming of knives when you activate her ult.

Wriggle: pretty much she can farm neutrals and lane at the same time with her beetles. Also her invis seems pretty buggy, ignores SWR explodes tewi bombs with out damage and stun and even though i havent tried it im sure it would ignore suwako ult.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #616 on: February 14, 2011, 09:10:10 PM »

Gentlemen, good morning. Or whatever you are having beside your windows at the moment. I am known as necrodesu, though it makes no difference whether you know me or not.
Ah the person who has been uploading the png images to the wiki. Thank you for that.

For now I will be representing chinese DotS development team here. And the sole reason that brings me here is simple.
As you may have already noticed, the map is currently undergoing precious balancing in anticipation of more large-scale changes to take place. And the developers are naturally concerned about what their players think. So, they are interested in your opinion as one of the largest DotS communities.
What heroes do you consider overpowered and worth nerfing, and whom - underpowered and weak? And why?
I'll gladly hear out anyone and give my summary to devs. Thank you for cooperation. Please proceed.
I will have to monitor the skills and type out huge essay post tomorrow or so in order to give some feedback.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #617 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:25 PM »
I agree with Pesco's points about Wriggle and Koishi.
Though RE: Wriggle, even before the ult buff, I highly disliked how she played. That might be just me but whatever.
I haven't seen Eirin used that much since she gained the new passive but I'm guessing Pesco is probably right.
I like Byakuren. She's currently one of my mains. However the HP regen on her ult is way OP. Once she hits 16, as long as she survives an encounter, she can heal back up to full in 1 or 2 neutral mobs.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #618 on: February 14, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »
Far too new to this to offer opinions, but I'll just say I'm up for the tourney. Just because there need to be at least one free guy getting his three teammates killed. V:

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #619 on: February 14, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
God-tier Yukkuri.
This was just a small game, don't expect much out of it.

Hakurei
Roukanken (Kanako)
Pesco (Reimu)
Sodium (Aya)

Moriya
Rizock (Kaguya)
Dormio (Yuuka)
Ace-Royale (Remilia)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #620 on: February 14, 2011, 11:55:57 PM »
Far too new to this to offer opinions, but I'll just say I'm up for the tourney. Just because there need to be at least one free guy getting his three teammates killed. V:

I don't see your name on the signups sheet.

Fakinha

• Pressureless player
  • ...and nothing heart.
« Reply #621 on: February 15, 2011, 01:17:12 AM »
Aside the usuall Koishii and Wriggle, I should say that Rumia's slow is way too strong and the cd of the dark orb is also too low. 

I think some heroes needs some balance. First is Ran's ult and slow. The cd should be greater. The same for Komachi and Yuugi's ult the cd is too short.

I DO NOT disaprove the new hakkero. I'm gonna get crucified for this, but wtv.

DO NOT make the status food consumable, I always thought of it as imba.

Give Kaguya more move speed... please *cries*

Oh and map is just no-good. I mean... there's a lot of weird fog places that are not good to gank but good to escape... and Murasa can be too much of a jerk, LOL

Increase the teleport time (bus ticket) by 1s. Seriously, too fast to escape.

Almost all of the new abilitys (Eirin, Flandre, MOCO, Iku and Mystia, as far as I remember) are unecessary. Altough I liked Mystia's, hehehe.

Shiki's clones are OP. Realy OP and the cd of the ult also too short for what is does.

Remove byakuren's life steal.

@new things I think should be in the game:

Blink dagger.
Some life steal orb effect or aura < may be imba, dunno.
Blade mail.

Also, Parsee and Shou must be in the game!!

I could complain even more but it would be unecessary, lol.

Gather a lot of opinions and keep up with the good job =D

----------------
Ah, just to remember, I'm from a Brazilian community that usually plays DotS, so... your game realy does success :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:25:46 AM by Fakinha »

« Reply #622 on: February 15, 2011, 01:49:07 AM »
*Insert generic complaint about OPness (percieved?) of Koishi and Wriggle here*

Oh right, Byakuren as well. Her ult should  be nerfed, it's ridiculous that it heals about 200 hp (most likely higher) per hit at level 3 , do that much additional damage to the target and give her a total of around 3k hp. It's just.... silly.

Anyways, I'm fine with the new hakkero, but I find it to be way too expensive.

Suwako's ult's CD seems to be way too short for a free 2 sec global stun. Perhaps it could be raised a little?

Oh, one last thing. Reisen clones die WAY too quickly for what they're worth. The additional 400% damage taken seems excessive, especially since any AoE nukes will pretty much annihilate all of her clones in one shot. Marisa's Stardust Reverie or Remilia's Red the Nightless Castle comes to mind.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #623 on: February 15, 2011, 02:01:03 AM »

Gentlemen, good morning. Or whatever you are having beside your windows at the moment. I am known as necrodesu, though it makes no difference whether you know me or not. For now I will be representing chinese DotS development team here. And the sole reason that brings me here is simple.

Hello, 您好, etc. If you may notice there was video posted in the Chinese touhou board where "DOTS" is released, I was the person who post (fioredelune).

I greatly thank you and appreciate your time in asking us our opinion about the heroes.

Issue #1: KOISHI
It's no mistake that Koishi has produced a schism of sorts in the community, for many, Koishi is ridiculously overpowered because every single one of her passives is tailored specifically to screw up everybody else and note I said passive. Koishi literally doesn't have to do anything aside from auto-attack in the later stages of the game to start destroying entire teams solo, because Koishi's stat growth is enough to give her an edge over other agility carries. The only passive I believe Koishi should have is the Feedback OR the Crit/evasion, but definitely NOT both. And definitely don't have ALL THREE OF THEM at once especially when you have Subterranean Rose... But on the other hand, I have read some comments on Koishi in the Chinese community, and note that it seems to be the case that Koishi's underpowered PRECISELY since she has no actives - no escape mechanisms, no inherent disables, no nukes, no nothing. ALL of Koishi's power comes from, well, auto-attacking. Koishi's ridiculously stupid in a sense that she essentially becomes the ULTIMATE "click hero," just click something to attack and then completely destroy them. Koishi isn't even item-dependent. She requires virtually no skill at all to use aside from maybe last-hitting/denying to farm and map awareness but Christ, at some point Koishi becomes equivalent to that of a God at later parts of the game and nobody can stop her when that time comes.

Please keep these points in mind.

Issue #2: Completely random and arbitrary nerfs, and completely random and arbitrary buffs
I have no idea why some girls get half the nerfs and half the buffs they have. For example, all I've seen on Koishi's end are nothing but mostly ineffectual rebalances and occasionally even buffs. Also, all I've seen Minoriko get are nerfs. This is half me complaining because all the support heroes, which are heroes I exclusively play, get nerfed, and all the carries gets buffs. Note, this doesn't promote team fluency at all, it promotes a highly carry-based metagame, which to me is something that is inconducive to high quality play as it becomes a battle of "who farms faster" rather than "which team is actually better, which team has better teamwork, etc." I at least WOULD like to know why heroes like Meiling, Letty, Minoriko, Sanae, etc. all get nerfs whereas heroes like Mokou, Koishi, Byakuren, Nue, etc. have all gotten buffs? To me about 75% of the buffs and nerfs the girls get are totally unjustified and I would like to know why this is the case. I'd at least hope the developers have given it SOME semblance of thought...

In fact, some people have made the joke that the developers are only giving power boost to the Touhou characters they like, because it is so random and has almost no reason at all.

Issue #3: Wriggle
Pesco made the very important point that Wriggle's whopping 0.3 recloaking time is absolutely retarded. It makes it imperative to either counterpick or insta-buy Tengu, possibly for everyone, simply to counter Wriggle. It's unreasonable to expect players to have to do this every time they face Wriggle. Consider that, Rikimaru's cloaking time in DotA is still 1.00s, versus Wriggle's 0.30s. Wriggle's other skills are alright, but the cloaking time seriously has to be what it originally was. Whenever Wriggle is picked, nobody has fun anymore because simply put, Wriggle became really annoying and unfun to deal with no matter what you do. Even with Tengu Camera item, it means you have to waste an inventory slot just to counter one person and potentially everyone on the team must get it because Wriggle is a ganker heroine.

Wriggle: pretty much she can farm neutrals and lane at the same time with her beetles. Also her invis seems pretty buggy, ignores SWR explodes tewi bombs with out damage and stun and even though i havent tried it im sure it would ignore suwako ult.

Her invisible is that way because the cloaking counts as invulnerability, which is another big concern. The fade out time is a small interval of invinco, which means it CAN dodge a whole host of attacks like SWR, stuns, etc. This needs to be addressed.

« Reply #624 on: February 15, 2011, 02:06:24 AM »
- I was going to comment about Murasa pulling heroes to places where they can't get out of, without blinks or teleports (heard that there were glitches involving her flush aoe where people would be stuck into walls or something, dunno if this still happens)
- has anyone tested if Kogasa can still spam ult while Murasa's boat can lay her near enemies and have her ult activate this way? What does the chinese community (if there isn't other communities who may know better about this shenanigan) think about it?
- Ran is fine as it is, lasers are spammable but mp-costly so you must spam them *well* :p  (if you run out of mp early game due to using them on your laning opponent while there are many high-health creeps near him/her, or when he/she's far enough from the lasers (kind of how you minimize damage from Suwako's lightnings), then you lose the threat of the last laser when/if the opponent is low on health). With enough disablers near her, she isn't useless, especially if she has Myon (or Reitaisai) if the opponent team has mostly physical damage. I don't think she needs to be nerfed, and imho wriggle having a hard time soloing her (at early game) isn't a reason for it :p (honestly, just Byakuren -- as an example -- and someone else like Yukari to gap Ran is enough to gank and chase her :p)
- Reisen with Katana is still overpowered or is it just my impression?
- agree with the consumable food issue (Fakinha's Tenshi got too much str too early once, got some early high stun rate)
- also agree with weather being.. how should I put it.. more difficult to counter than say, Genji, dunno if having to constantly watch the weather control station was intentional (perhaps we don't know, besides spending faith to put the weather control station on cooldown, how to counter weather usage)
- I once heard that killing Koishi with Komachi's ultimate would bug Koishi by giving her likely the remainder of the previous ult's time, when she used her ult the second time, anyone tested it? (it may have been fixed already)
- Wriggle and Koishi are imho the most difficult heroines to counter (Wriggle mostly because she can, at times, force the opponent team to guess where she is, since she's good at attacking undefended towers -- overall she seems imho more useful and safe to use, due to having ranged attacks, though not as teamplay-oriented than DotA's Rikimaru, on this aspect --, making at least one of the opposing team members to teleport there, but then he/she won't know if Wriggle has really given up attacking the tower or is just waiting for the defender to leave the tower. Koishi, mostly because her ult lasts longer than most ults -- Sanae's, old Cirno's ult, not that it counts now -- though there are some escape measures against it, provided that you're not getting disabled by Koishi's teammates, and there are few heroines which can counter her well, or even do Koishi's dps job with similar efficiency :p)
- some heroines become "better" outside of 4vs4 matches, similarly others become less useful (Hina, imho, for example). Don't know if others have felt this way, but imho this isn't as urgent as having good 4vs4 matches :p

Keep in mind that this is just my opinions, they may change, so don't take them as facts; and thank you, DotS development team, for this awesome game and for all your hard work so far!
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Captain Infinity

« Reply #625 on: February 15, 2011, 02:18:48 AM »
*Insert generic complaint about OPness (percieved?) of Koishi and Wriggle here*

Oh right, Byakuren as well. Her ult should  be nerfed, it's ridiculous that it heals about 200 hp (most likely higher) per hit at level 3 , do that much additional damage to the target and give her a total of around 3k hp. It's just.... silly.

Anyways, I'm fine with the new hakkero, but I find it to be way too expensive.

Suwako's ult's CD seems to be way too short for a free 2 sec global stun. Perhaps it could be raised a little?

Oh, one last thing. Reisen clones die WAY too quickly for what they're worth. The additional 400% damage taken seems excessive, especially since any AoE nukes will pretty much annihilate all of her clones in one shot. Marisa's Stardust Reverie or Remilia's Red the Nightless Castle comes to mind.

Byakuren's ult also adds more damage to her normal attack which makes it really painful.

Hakkero is kinda lame now, and as was said earlier, I wanted the Hakkero to become like DotA's Refresher Orb if it was going to affect the cooldown of skills, basically an active cooldown refresh as opposed to a passive reduction in cooldown.

Suwako's ult requires sight of the girls as far as I know, because it didn't hit me so many times when I last saw a Suwako being played.

Reisen's clones shouldn't take less damage, they're fine as they are. You get free clones that add to your DPS fairly well, why should they be better? In addition the clones aren't meant to be tank or anything, you stay back and shoot out enemies.

Issue #3: Wriggle
Pesco made the very important point that Wriggle's whopping 0.3 recloaking time is absolutely retarded. It makes it imperative to either counterpick or insta-buy Tengu, possibly for everyone, simply to counter Wriggle. It's unreasonable to expect players to have to do this every time they face Wriggle. Consider that, Rikimaru's cloaking time in DotA is still 1.00s, versus Wriggle's 0.30s. Wriggle's other skills are alright, but the cloaking time seriously has to be what it originally was. Whenever Wriggle is picked, nobody has fun anymore because simply put, Wriggle became really annoying and unfun to deal with no matter what you do. Even with Tengu Camera item, it means you have to waste an inventory slot just to counter one person and potentially everyone on the team must get it because Wriggle is a ganker heroine.

Her invisible is that way because the cloaking counts as invulnerability, which is another big concern. The fade out time is a small interval of invinco, which means it CAN dodge a whole host of attacks like SWR, stuns, etc. This needs to be addressed.

While Wriggle is rather retarded and any buffs are completely unnecessary, I'm of the opinion the cloak is not what makes her retarded, even though its part of the reason. Wriggle can farm neutral creeps using her beetles and lane at the same time (and last hitting is not hard since she has a fairly good attack animation and fast missile speed) all the while forcing the other team to back off and buy wards or tengu to counter her invisibility, I recall someone getting a Concordia within 12 minutes of the game, just by laning. In addition, it takes much more effort to counter Wriggle than it does to play her, which is another lame factor.

And yes, it's true, the UFO girls seem to get little nerfs but lots of buffs when they're already quite strong. Nue's ult is still ridiculous in my opinion, Byakuren is orz and the new Nazrin is stronger than she should be imo, although the old Nazrin's ult was just stupid.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #626 on: February 15, 2011, 02:32:03 AM »
I'm starting to think the DotS developers are taking a lot of hints from League of Legends, especially given how popular it is in Chinese communities.

In League of Legends, ability cooldown could passively be reduced by use of items. I believe this is what the new Hakkero is being based from, from what I know. Yuyuko's "do stuff after dying" pretty much screams Karthus' innate, as well.

« Reply #627 on: February 15, 2011, 03:43:30 AM »
Just a curiosity, is anyone here able to play Alice well?

I've never seen her get picked in any of the games that I've played, probably  because she seems to require some extreme micro to be used effectively.

Perhaps her mechanics could be slightly altered in order to reduce the amount of micro required? Reducing maximum doll size to 12, and buffing them accordingly, would allow each doll sets to have their own CTRL groups, making micro easier.

Alternatively, if the doll  range on them were increased (how far they can travel away from Alice) then it would enable her to act like a mobile fortress / aircraft carrier, spreading out  her dolls to reduce the effectiveness of AoE attacks,  then grouping up to focus down a target, and as well, she can act as support for her allies by using her hourai dolls, without leaving herself right in the danger zone.

Just some more thoughts from a relatively new player.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #628 on: February 15, 2011, 03:48:11 AM »
Alice is already a mobile fortress.

Captain Infinity

« Reply #629 on: February 15, 2011, 06:07:05 AM »
Just a curiosity, is anyone here able to play Alice well?

I've never seen her get picked in any of the games that I've played, probably  because she seems to require some extreme micro to be used effectively.

Perhaps her mechanics could be slightly altered in order to reduce the amount of micro required? Reducing maximum doll size to 12, and buffing them accordingly, would allow each doll sets to have their own CTRL groups, making micro easier.

Alternatively, if the doll  range on them were increased (how far they can travel away from Alice) then it would enable her to act like a mobile fortress / aircraft carrier, spreading out  her dolls to reduce the effectiveness of AoE attacks,  then grouping up to focus down a target, and as well, she can act as support for her allies by using her hourai dolls, without leaving herself right in the danger zone.

Just some more thoughts from a relatively new player.

Reducing the micro level required on Alice might be nice. Right now she's rather cumbersome and difficult to maneuver well, so that might be good. I don't believe the doll range should be increased, its long enough already imho. As Dormio says, Alice is already a mobile fortress, she has a wall of Shanghais at the front, New Englands at the back and Hourais to support, as well as Alice in the center of it all.