Author Topic: [WC3 - DotS] General discussion thread I  (Read 555454 times)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: 东方幻想乡[D]efense [o]f [t]he [S]hrines (DotS, WC3)
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
Yukari is kinda fun but is a bit to far on the support side.

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
Did you guys have an EPIC GAME today?
I'm disappointed I missed out on a potential 4v4 and the only full game today was some lolAya game.

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:04 PM »
Arrgh I can't get online until 3-4 PM usually, and it's Pacific Time here. >:|

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2010, 02:06:05 PM »
We need to get an epic 4vs4 off the ground. Who is avail for Saturday 21 August and Sunday 22 August ? and between what times?

<--- Avail both says between 17:00 ~ 00:00  GMT+1

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2010, 02:09:22 PM »
Can't be free due to me going to a Tourney that i've had planned for a month or two.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »
I'll be free on both days Helepolis says, but...

August 21 Saturday - 21:00 ~ 00:00
August 22 Sunday - Any time from 13:00 give or take, depending on when I get home from the temple

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2010, 05:11:38 PM »
I should be around. Just give me the morning to bash out my essay.

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »
Can't be free due to me going to a Tourney that i've had planned for a month or two.

good luck with your tourney Rikter + Rizock!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:38:33 AM by Panda NEETori »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2010, 12:34:05 AM »
Just to show that 2v2 can be as tight and epic as 3v3

Hakurei
Pesco - Medicine
Shadowbringer - Yamame

Moriya
Panda - Eirin
Headcrabs - Suwako

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2010, 02:46:21 PM »
I don't really know what the hell possessed us to do this but it happened.

HAKUREI
Panda NEETori - Youmu (dropped)
Herasy - Kanako
Choja Hiragawa - Hina
Sodium - Meiling

MORIYA
Helepolis - Remilia
TranceHime (tm.WhiteRose) - Flandre

« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »
If i ever wake up early again, I hope we can play again!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2010, 03:18:34 PM »
I think I should start using Kaguya more often just to prove she's a viable pick.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »
Well I take it none of you will want to play with me again after my outburst today so i'll left the network.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:18:59 PM by Rikter »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »
Well I take it none of you will want to play with me again after my outburst today so i'll left the network.
See it as a personal time out on you. So you can cool your head and think about your actions. When you feel like it, you know where to PM me.

4 vs 4 lasting for two hours. Too bad Sodium and Rikter dropped, Pesco was spectating us so he could take over the heroes. But it just isn't the same force. After wrecking two hours we lost eventually. But was good practise for Choja and Solais who are still learners :V Well done all.

Hakurei
- Pesco (spec) > took over Meiling / Utsuho
- Shadowbringer > Letty
- Helepolis > Patchy, played semi Utsuho
- Sodium > Meiling, disconnected.
- Rikter > Utsuho, disconnected.

Moriya
- Headcrabs > Cirno
- Panda > Ayayayayaya
- Choja > Yuka
- Solais > KOCHIYA SANAE I AM GODDESS (ry

Replay see attachment. ( named it 3v3 but don't mind that... was the thrill :V )

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2010, 09:22:33 PM »

I don't think it's a big deal, people get frustrated all the time and the most important thing is that everyone has fun. I just think it wasn't that fair or fun for the rest of your team to leave as whether or not you thought so, you were already contributing a large amount to your team just by playing and pushing.

course maybe i shouldn't have picked aya, especially cuz today's your birthday :( sorry about that Rikter.

We probably should just put hero bans before big matches in the future to avoid too much raging (like KO in 3)

« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2010, 10:39:27 PM »
sometimes, matchups can be too much of a problem too (like, too much support heroes, or one hero outranging the other, or facing too much disablers, etc.).. it's important to know when a defeat could be avoided or not (and how), but that comes with experience. Team structure is also important.. (for example, using someone to counter someone else which's important at killing heroes/pushing against towers, or using someone who complements your teammates' abilities/virtues/weaknesses, etc), so picking certain characters because you like them as characters may lead to defeat, sometimes..

last but not least, happy birthday, Rikter! :D
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2010, 11:49:38 PM »
^agreed

I actually had intended on playing either Utsuho, Marisa, or Sanae, but due to the composition of the other team (and also Utsuho getting picked by Rikter) I did an emergency swap, since I didn't think we'd have a good chance otherwise.

I also think it'd be worth discussing strategy a bit more now, as with these larger games, a lot of problems are coming up by pushing the wrong lanes or not knowing how to lane properly. What I especially find important is playing safely in a lane that is dangerous (for instance going against solo Utsuho when you're a low hp hero, or going against a double lane).

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2010, 12:29:16 AM »
Of course there are just some instances where you just HAVE to swap lanes immediately.

Good example is a melee hero being forced to solo Utsuho - you get harassed forever and can't get any last-hitting done, even as a high HP hero, 2 Lv4 Flares will rape your face until magic resistance which doesn't come cheap at all...

You weren't there when I was bitching at Panda for using Utsuho in a 3v2 and well uhhhh the two of us were squishy AGI and we had virtually 0 chance of fighting back. Oh and they had a Yuka too. Yeah I was definitely bitchy then because I could do absolutely nothing without getting killed by Utsuho's nuke combo. Everyone bitches most of all me because I've played DotA for-fucking-ever, I hate completely unfair matchups.

« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2010, 02:59:21 AM »
It seems Reimu's ult gives magic immunity to everything in it (affected by the blue square). I'm not sure what else makes it different from being a worse version of Sanae's ult atm. That would require testing ;/

EDIT: trance, would it be possible for you to post her full ult description if you get a chance?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:01:32 AM by Panda NEETori »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2010, 07:48:14 AM »
Bad match ups are logically not fun or fair. Hence it is a bad match up. Though you have to deal with it instead of whining. We always look for balancing teams out depending on the situation. If a game is totally unbalanced, it ends within 30min anyway (or we just quit it). Bit more adult behaviour, less childish Halo-kid losing behaviour would be appreciated.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2010, 12:01:45 PM »
Bad match ups are logically not fun or fair. Hence it is a bad match up. Though you have to deal with it instead of whining. We always look for balancing teams out depending on the situation. If a game is totally unbalanced, it ends within 30min anyway (or we just quit it). Bit more adult behaviour, less childish Halo-kid losing behaviour would be appreciated.

You make it sound like it's easy for me to just sit there and let myself get rolled down by counter-picks.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
I know not everything is a good matchup or even remotely even it's just some things/characters irritate me alot. I'll just have to learn to deal with it because i'll have to anyways for other games.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2010, 01:07:14 PM »
For the benefit of Panda NEETori:

(W).神技「八方鬼缚阵」

张开一个大型结界让周围友方单位处于魔法免疫的状态并对进入结界的敌方单位进行数次的灵击,每次灵击的伤害为40点,并造成0.1秒的晕眩。

持续时间:4.0秒
魔法消耗:200点
使用间隔:120秒

等级 1 - 结界的范围为400,对每个敌方单位最多3次灵击。

等级 2 - 结界的范围为500,对每个敌方单位最多4次灵击。

等级 3 - 结界的范围为600,对每个敌方单位最多5次灵击。

[W] Godskill "Eight-Way Demon Binding Circle"

Reimu creates a border, which protects allies from magic, and causes enemies who walk into the barrier to get hit by a spirit attack. Every attack deals 40 damage and inflicts a 0.1 second mini-stun.

Duration: 4.0 seconds
Mana Cost: 200
Cooldown: 120 seconds

Level 1 - AoE 400, each enemy can be hit a max of 3 times
Level 2 - AoE 500, each enemy can be hit a max of 4 times
Level 3 - AoE 600, each enemy can be hit a max of 5 times

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:09:03 PM by tm.TranceHime »

« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2010, 04:41:02 PM »
ideas:

- does Yugi's ultimate work against Aya's blinks? (also, provided that Yugi has the means to reach her target and walk away fast enough, is Lily/Yuri effective right after her ultimate? If Yugi were to be pulled away by an allied Murasa, would it work and make the Yuri+ult'd opponent walk too? Would other teleportation means work too? -- Kaguya, Yukari, Komachi..)
- Nazrin's ultimate setup ideas? (for example, relocating the opponents between the two towers while the others gank them -- Tenshi, Yuka, Medicine, Letty, Koishi, Kanako, Meiling, Flandre, Komachi, Hina, Ran, etc.. -- or relocating them to somewhere else (like the corners of the map) and then pushing down towers -- Tenshi could block them with Nazrin, Kaguya could summon Nazrin and Tenshi out of there, or Yuka could put flowers to make escape more difficult.. or Tenshi could block their path, leaving Nazrin and Yuka's flowers among the opponents, and Kaguya/Yukari could get Nazrin out of there just before Utsuho nukes them? Not sure about how Nazrin's ultimate would relocate opponents around her, so I'm not sure if Yukari's range would be good enough.. maybe she would have to stay with Nazrin too, or Nazrin herself teleports before the stun effect of her ultimate ends..)
- Komachi's swap skill + Kaguya's recall skill + Flandre's ultimate = good idea?
- Flandre's ultimate + Eirin's invisibility buff = good idea? (if an allied Suika throws Flandre, does she become visible?)
- Patchy's antimagic gem (against heroes which use active skills more often) + Sikieiki's ultimate (against heroes which use passive skills more often) = Patchy may inhibit Kanako's skills, Siki may inhibit Yuka's defense (if the attack bonus from the original Yuka is given to the clone as well.. she may even be used against other heroines first, since she's invulnerable except to damage on the copied character)
- Patchy's antimagic gem/firewall + Medicine's ultimate = good defense near allied towers?

it may take time for me to remember to try these ideas.. so before I forget, I've posted them here..
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2010, 04:16:25 AM »
fun facts about chen!

chen's 500 distance super roll skill has no cd and mana cost.
chen also has to be killed and resummoned for her to gain bonus hp from leveling the skill.

chen is also really cute

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »
Putting up the theme pick lists so that we don't have to make it up on the spot in the lobby. Post your own theme lists if you can think of any.

EoSD
Rumia Cirno Meiling Patchy Sakuya Remilia Flandre

PCB
Cirno Letty Alice Youmu Yuyuko Ran Yukari

IaMP
Reimu Marisa Sakuya Youmu Alice Patchy Remi Yuyuko Yukari Suika

IN
Wriggle Mystia Reisen Eirin Kaguya Mokou

PoFV
Reimu Marisa Sakuya Youmu Aya Wriggle Cirno Mystia Reisen Medicine Yuka Komachi Siki

MoF
Hina Nitori Momiji Aya Sanae Kanko Suwako

SWR/UNL
Reimu Marisa Sakuya Youmu Alice Patchy Remi Yuyuko Yukari Suika Iku Tenshi Cirno Utsuho Suwako Meiling Sanae

SA
Yamame Yuugi Orin Utsuho Koishi

UFO
Nazrin Kogasa Murasa

(9) Squad
Wriggle Mystia Cirno Rumia

Old Hag Alliance
Yukari Eirin Kanako Yuyuko

Oppai
Komachi Yukari Yuyuko Kanako Sanae Letty Ran Meiling Yuugi Eirin Utsuho

Pettanko
Rumia Cirno Wriggle Mystia Marisa Nazrin Youmu Suwako Remi Flan Suika

Armpits
Reimu Sanae Momiji

Legs
Reisen Aya Siki Kogasa

Explicit Weapons
Youmu Tenshi Momiji Remi Flan Eirin Komachi Nazrin

Non-explicit Weapons
Reimu Sanae Yukari Yuka Kogasa Utsuho Patchy Yamame

Blue hair
Cirno Iku Kogasa Tenshi Nitori Kanako Remilia

Blonde hair
Marisa Flan Alice Ran Yukari Medicine Yamame Suwako Rumia Yuugi

Green hair
Sanae Wriggle Hina Siki Yuka

Brunette
Reimu Kaguya Aya Utsuho Murasa

Pink/Purple hair
Mystia Yuyuko Reisen Patchy Letty

Silver/Grey hair
Sakuya Youmu Eirin Mokou Koishi Nazrin

Other hair
Komachi Orin Meiling Suika
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:23:47 PM by Pesco »

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »
YoseiOnmyoji has posted the changelog for version 0.949c..

source: http://pastebin.com/16s2E3VR

0.949b->0.949c update:
- Fixed Yuugi's Bug where she instantly kills anything with one hit

Below is the changes from 0.949b, which did not survive for more than 24 hours.
0.949a->0.949b:
- Fixed Kanako's, Shiki's and Okuu's hidden movement speed increase bug. (type -ms in older versions to see that these heroes have 15% more movement speed than normal)
- Fixed Mokou's bug where revive will always occur regardless of what happens when she uses "Pheonix Tail" while invulnerable.
- Fixed Yuugi's "Storm on Mt. Ooe" bug where the chances to pushback can be increased through "orb walking".
- Fixed Internet Addiction Eliminator bug where it drops the target's Intelligence regardless of success or fail.
- Fixed Cirno's "Perfect Freeze" bug where some affected characters lose their invulnerability. (Murasa's vortex for example)
- Fixed Iku's bug where picking up P Block increases her INTELLIGENCE instead of AGILITY.
- Kanako's "Diving Crop" lightning's area effect damage is decreased from 270 to 200.
- Yukari's "Quadruple Border" cast range is increased to 800.
- Yukari's "Yukari Yakumo's Spirited Away" cooldown is decreased to 16, 14, 12, 10 seconds, cast range is increased to 600
- Nazrin's "Busy Rod" chances are increased to 20, 30, 40 and 50%
- Nazrin's "Pendulum Defense" now also decreases damage from ranged attacks, using this spell on Nazrin still lasts 9 seconds, but only 7 seconds on other units.
- Nazrin's movement speed is increased to 320
- Hina's "Purification River Deposit" now sucks in enemy units towards her, when Hina explodes, it can also stun all enemies near her.
- Koishi's attack range is decreased to 500
- Yuyuko's projectile speed is increased to 1000
- Suwako's cast animation is decreased to 0.5 seconds
- Suika's cast animation is decreased from 0.7 seconds to 0.3 seconds
- Letty's attack animation is decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.3 seconds, attack range is increased from 500 to 600
- The new recipe for the item Yuri/Lily is now : ZUN hat (remember it's the new remilia zun hat and not the cap) + Nekomimi + Graffiti Petal + Recipe(750)
- Myon Balloon's Frost Aura speed decrease effect time is dropped to 4 seconds
- Genji's Stand's attack damage is decreased by 80 attack, hp is decreased by 500 HP.
- Kappa Robot Mechanics' HP is increased from 120 to 220, reward points is dropped from 120 to 75.
- Siege Catapults and Demolisher Tanks' reward points is increased from 5 to 20.
Translations.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2010, 11:25:53 PM »
aghaghaghagh

if someone can actually get a hold of 0.949c and re-upload it to a faster mirror than the shoddy Chinese downloader they use at touhou.cc I would appreciate it

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2010, 11:29:11 PM »
Yosei had a mediafire link i'll ask him to post it. He gave it to me again so here it is. http://www.mediafire.com/?05dy4v8xeyo2ocl
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:32:46 PM by Rikter »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2010, 07:24:58 AM »
We've been getting large games quite regularly which is great. But we've also started edging towards playing competitive. Yes you pick a certain hero often and main them very well, then that is play skill. Win or lose a game, don't blame it on the picks. I highly doubt the map could keep up motivation to make new releases if people were hounding about imbalance all along. It's not perfect but with creativity every hero can be powerful, and it's the player that makes it possible. Basically, less whining about being counterpicked or whatever. Play well you win, get outplayed you lose. Simple as that.

More theme lists:

Human
Reimu Marisa Sanae Sakuya

Human+
Youmu Eirin Kaguya Mokou Iku Siki Yuyko Medicine

God
Hina Kanako Suwako Komachi 

Animal
Wriggle Mystia Reisen Aya Momiji Ran Yamame Orin Utsuho Nazrin Iku

Youkai
Alice Patchy Remi Flan Meiling Yukari Yuka Suika Yuugi Murasa Nitori Kogasa Letty Koishi Rumia Cirno

Hats
Marisa Patchy Remi Flan Meiling Letty Yuyuko Ran Yukari Mystia Eirin Aya Siki Nitori Momiji Suwako Iku Tenshi Koishi Murasa

Hair and accessories
Reimu Sanae Sakuya Youmu Yamame Alice Medicine Mokou Komachi Kanako Cirno Rumia Yuka Kogasa Kaguya Hina Ustuho

Ears and others
Nazrin Orin Wriggle Suika Yuugi Reisen

Hakurei Shrine visitors
Reimu Suika Yukari Ran Alice Marisa

Magic Forest residents
Alice Marisa Wriggle Mystia Rumia

Eientei and Bamboo Forest
Mokou Eirin Reisen Kaguya

SDM
Meiling Patchy Sakuya Remi Flan

Youkai Mountain
Aya Momiji Nitori Hina Sanae Kanako Suwako