Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep. 8 - :ohdear: Edition - TSO  (Read 93243 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: Ask a Staffer Ep. 8 - :ohdear: Edition - TSO
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »
I have a Mashiro and a Natsuki, a bunch of MaiHiME wallscrolls and posters, and a bunch of MaiHiME buttons/keychains.  I used to name all of my machines and network stuff after MaiHiME characters (my router is still named Mikoto).
Why do you tempt me to break into your house
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2011, 10:45:01 PM »
Why do you tempt me to break into your house
:3c

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »
What would you say is your biggest pet peeve?

And on the other hand, what would you say is the most relaxing thing there is to do?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2011, 11:08:19 PM »
What would you say is your biggest pet peeve?
What's your biggest pet peeve and do you have any that you consider to be out of line with the rest of yourself?
It drives me nuts when people chew their nails and stuff, it's so gross D:.  I also tend to come off as overly hostile at times as well, and it makes me sad because I don't intend it.  I really am not a mean or aggressive person :\
:derp:

And on the other hand, what would you say is the most relaxing thing there is to do?
Stargazing, or watching a thunderstorm roll in from the distance, or just staring at nature in general.  While I'm absolutely terrified of storms (I've got some really bad history with storms, including being caught in a tornado outside on my bike), watching them roll in is a beautiful sight.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2011, 11:09:40 PM »
On the topic of nature, dunno if this was asked before, But do you do any gardening? If so, What do you like to put in the garden? Flowers, Cucumber seeds, really anything.

« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2011, 11:21:16 PM »
Ahh cripe. I even read that one, sorry about that. Well hopefully this next one here hasn't been asked already.

Does the lack of sleep ever have much of an effect on you?

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2011, 11:28:06 PM »
being caught in a tornado outside on my bike
That must have been terrifying...but I still must say...the irony...

CirnoFan

• I never thought I'd get this chance :O!
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »
What do you think of Team 9 and my signature?
How obsessed are you with cute anime kawaii things?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:52:36 PM by CirnoFan »
Previous Usernames: CirnoFan754, CirnoFan, The Scale of Rivalry, The Square of Rivalries, Wikipe-Tan, Car Inferno
Posts: 83/150 What will happen is my YouTube and deviantART account will appear when the # of posts reaches 150.

No, I didn't make it.

Turtlesaur

• rawr
    • home of a KEWNE-type familiar
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2011, 11:59:27 PM »
It drives me nuts when people chew their nails and stuff, it's so gross D:.  I also tend to come off as overly hostile at times as well, and it makes me sad because I don't intend it.  I really am not a mean or aggressive person :\
So totally me. I don't really mind people doing stuff in their own home when I'm not around but doing it in public is just a big no. I'm terrible at expressing emotion of any sort, whether online or offline. This has given me so much trouble and whenever I try to fake nonexistent emotion it ends up being totally obvious. I think the people around me have pretty much accepted that I'll always give them a generic derpface by now.

I find that being overly sarcastic to the point where it's obvious sarcasm helps a bit, it makes people take random statements that might be a bit over the top less seriously. It does make me a weird person to talk to and doesn't translate well to the internet at all.
Hmm... I loved Sailor Moon and Animaniacs and Dexter's Lab and stuff growing up, and I still hold them in high regard.  It's not nostalgia either, I recently rewatched Courage the Cowardly Dog and it's still as great as it was when I was little.  I show my little brothers the stuff I grew up with all the time.  They love Ed Edd n Eddy.

Probably the only stuff that didn't age well I used to like was Power Rangers :V
Yep, same stuff I watched. It's a shame we didn't really have Sailor Moon over here, ended up watching parts of it online anyway (oh 56k era RealPla
Spoiler:
buffering
how I miss you). I find it interesting how much stuff I never noticed as a kid yet is really obvious to me now. TMNT, Animaniacs and the Super Mario Brothers Super Show were always my favorites and are full of jokes and references that I really couldn't possibly have understood 15 years ago.

It's strange how some of the stuff I used to watch is totally unfindable now. I'd really love to see Animals of Farthing Wood again, there's no commercial release to speak of despite having been released dubbed in most of Europe. It was completely unique in being a drama-based animation and pulled it off beyond well. On the other end of the scale is Samurai Pizza Cats, probably the show with the most fourth wall breaks in existence.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2011, 12:01:27 AM »
Speculate on what big revelation will CirnoFan bring to us when his post count reaches 150.
                                                                                   .

Gramity

« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2011, 12:04:01 AM »
Then we can be antisocial together o/

Sound like a plan let'S meet up :) not in the hotel though cause I live at about 30 mins by car :) maybe someday I'll show you my house xD

Yeah let'S meet up at otakon. MotK should have a dedictated t-shirt xD

Why are you so popular ? :D

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2011, 12:12:54 AM »
On the topic of nature, dunno if this was asked before, But do you do any gardening? If so, What do you like to put in the garden? Flowers, Cucumber seeds, really anything.
I do gardening and outdoor work all the time and I love it.  While I'm not too happy when I have to dig holes for trees or pull weeds out, the rest is relaxing and enjoyable.  I don't have much control over what goes into the garden right now (it's my mom's domain) but I plan on having lots of flowers in my own.

Ahh cripe. I even read that one, sorry about that. Well hopefully this next one here hasn't been asked already.

Does the lack of sleep ever have much of an effect on you?
Much of an effect?  LOL.
It drives me nuts and I'm probably destroying my health (and definitely why I'm sick all the time).  It's to the point now where my weekend is essentially sleep, I don't do anything else.

That must have been terrifying...but I still must say...the irony...
I've been through a ton of natural disasters.  Countless blizzards, 3 hurricanes (one in Hawaii of all places), 2 tornadoes (one on my bike), a flood, and an earthquake.  So I'm justifiably scared of thunderstorms.  Mother Nature has it out for me .________.;;

What do you think of Team 9 and my signature?
I'm not much of a Cirnotard, so I'm probably not the best person to ask =P

How obsessed are you with cute anime kawaii things?
I must have this kawaii (cute) pinku (pink) bento (lunch) box.

So totally me. I don't really mind people doing stuff in their own home when I'm not around but doing it in public is just a big no. I'm terrible at expressing emotion of any sort, whether online or offline. This has given me so much trouble and whenever I try to fake nonexistent emotion it ends up being totally obvious. I think the people around me have pretty much accepted that I'll always give them a generic derpface by now.
I... tend to express too much emotion >>;;  My dad gives me crap all the time because I tend to cry or get visibly agitated when confronted.  I don't handle stressful situations very well and tend to break down easily.  Push comes to shove I don't shove back, I tend to cower in a corner and cry.

I find that being overly sarcastic to the point where it's obvious sarcasm helps a bit, it makes people take random statements that might be a bit over the top less seriously. It does make me a weird person to talk to and doesn't translate well to the internet at all.
See that's my typical defense mechanism.  I don't get angry, I get smartassy :derp:.  Unfortunately I've gotten into a LOT of trouble due to my mouth :ohdear:.

Yep, same stuff I watched. It's a shame we didn't really have Sailor Moon over here, ended up watching parts of it online anyway (oh 56k era RealPla
Spoiler:
buffering
how I miss you). I find it interesting how much stuff I never noticed as a kid yet is really obvious to me now. TMNT, Animaniacs and the Super Mario Brothers Super Show were always my favorites and are full of jokes and references that I really couldn't possibly have understood 15 years ago.
Animaniacs was perfect because it had all sorts of subtle injokes and adult humor I never got until I grew up.  And it made it all the better because I didn't exactly grow out the kiddie slapstick humor either :D

It's strange how some of the stuff I used to watch is totally unfindable now. I'd really love to see Animals of Farthing Wood again, there's no commercial release to speak of despite having been released dubbed in most of Europe. It was completely unique in being a drama-based animation and pulled it off beyond well. On the other end of the scale is Samurai Pizza Cats, probably the show with the most fourth wall breaks in existence.
I never really got into Samurai Pizza Cats but then again it was on during the time I didn't really have TV or cable so I missed out on it.  I did get into SWAT Kats hardcore being my dad was an airhead in the Navy and they were flying the motherfucking F-14 Tomcat (sexiest fighter ever IMO).

Speculate on what big revelation will CirnoFan bring to us when his post count reaches 150.
It will turn out it was all an elaborate sockpuppet by Kilga to allow his multiple personalities an outlet he could channel without tipping off the rest of MotK he was truly insane.

Sound like a plan let'S meet up :) not in the hotel though cause I live at about 30 mins by car :) maybe someday I'll show you my house xD
Hahaha I'll pass for now but maybe =P

Yeah let'S meet up at otakon. MotK should have a dedictated t-shirt xD
I actually had an idea for MotK t-shirts, but something subtle you could wear to work.  I had plans on having polo shirts with something innoculous but injokey enough like a yinyang ball or a point item.

Why are you so popular ? :D
Eh I don't think I'm that popular.  I know I command some recognition simply because of my title, but I don't like to think of that as "popularity" as much as the visibility of my position.  As far as my popularity goes socially, I'm not exactly sure.  I don't really concern myself with being "popular", just being friendly and sociable and approachable to everyone.  I don't want my butt kissed and people bowing to me like I'm royalty, I just want to be everyone's friend ;____;
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:14:30 AM by ♪ TheStupidOne ♫ »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2011, 12:29:11 AM »
It will turn out it was all an elaborate sockpuppet by Kilga to allow his multiple personalities an outlet he could channel without tipping off the rest of MotK he was truly insane.
WE'LL NEVER KNOW NOW

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2011, 12:31:58 AM »
Hey, not my fault he's a complete idiot.

« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »
Oh hey, when did ya install that fancy new MotK Staff tag 8)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2011, 01:13:36 AM »
I added it way back during the whole username fiasco but SOMEBODY never made a badge image for it so I finally did it myself like I always have to >:(

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2011, 01:14:04 AM »
Is that so people stop getting confused about Janitors?

Do you think that'll actually solve the problem? :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2011, 01:14:42 AM »
I think so people don't get confused about us.  I don't know how many times people have blown me off thinking I'm not an admin because I used the IP tag as my primary :V

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2011, 01:40:09 AM »
I have to admit, I was confused at first about whether you can do admin stuff when I first joined, TSO. But I saw your profile number

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2011, 01:42:30 AM »
I have to admit, I was confused at first about whether you can do admin stuff when I first joined, TSO. But I saw your profile number
I'm number 1 :D!

« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2011, 01:59:11 AM »
Sorry if it's been asked as I haven't plowed through this thread yet, but why do you sport an ID tag instead of Admin?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2011, 02:10:50 AM »
Sorry if it's been asked as I haven't plowed through this thread yet, but why do you sport an ID tag instead of Admin?
After the AFDay incident, I gave up my admin tag and public responsibilities for the most part.  I used IP for the longest time.  Then someone decided to actually challenge me to a contest.  Winner got ID, and well, I won so I'm currently the only reigning ID.

« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2011, 02:25:51 AM »
After the AFDay incident, I gave up my admin tag and public responsibilities for the most part.  I used IP for the longest time.  Then someone decided to actually challenge me to a contest.  Winner got ID, and well, I won so I'm currently the only reigning ID.
:>

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2011, 02:53:16 AM »
That's a gag account, complete with user ID of 9.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2011, 03:17:48 AM »
I'm in an island, Mactan exactly, feels desolated(despite the population) since I'm the only one here knowing what's-what. Flight was decent, no internet back at the base and I have one question:

Although I was tempted to make a "Will you forgive me?" question, though instead........

"Anything I missed lately?"

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2011, 04:21:09 AM »
I'm number 1 :D!
Testing is still cooler, though.
I mean, his post count is much higher. He's obviously contributed a lot more to the community.
                                                                                   .

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2011, 04:38:57 AM »
:ohdear:

i am sorry about doing that stuff
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #207 on: April 12, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »
MoTK tag really does look nice, helps clear out any sort of confusion.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #208 on: April 12, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
What possession of yours is most likely to turn into a youkai?

Do you have a good memory, or the memory of a goldfish?

What do you believe to be the most valuable thing in the world (tangible or intangible)?

Do you believe in magic?

What's the funniest belief you held as a child? (Like monsters under the bed, or something)

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
I'm in an island, Mactan exactly, feels desolated(despite the population) since I'm the only one here knowing what's-what. Flight was decent, no internet back at the base and I have one question:

Although I was tempted to make a "Will you forgive me?" question, though instead........

"Anything I missed lately?"
I... am both confused and frightened by this post.

Testing is still cooler, though.
I mean, his post count is much higher. He's obviously contributed a lot more to the community.
Sad thing is, I hacked the post count then I disabled the count entirely so now I can't reset it unless I dig directly into the database :derp:

i am sorry about doing that stuff
It's done and over with, I realize that it's not worth the time and the effort to do any sort of gags anymore.

MoTK tag really does look nice, helps clear out any sort of confusion.
It would have been up weeks ago but everyone else is lazy >:(.

What possession of yours is most likely to turn into a youkai?
Probably the walrus plushie.  I love that thing to death.

Do you have a good memory, or the memory of a goldfish?
:derp:.  It depends on what I'm trying to remember.  If it's an important number or date or meeting, forget it, it left my head before the words left the room.  If it's some stupid trivia junk or an arcane factoid from a show or video game it will never leave my mind.

What do you believe to be the most valuable thing in the world (tangible or intangible)?
Knowledge.  With knowledge comes the power to better yourself, and the power to dispel fear and irrationality.

Do you believe in magic?
Magic is just fancy talk for technology.  "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. " - Arthur C. Clark.

If any of us took just one piece of technology, even as mundane as something like a digital watch or glasses or even just a strip of velcro, back 200-300 years, people would be absolutely astonished by it.  That's why I wouldn't be surprised if we hit a technological plateau where real (as in fantasy-esque) magic would exist.

What's the funniest belief you held as a child? (Like monsters under the bed, or something)
When I was little I was a huuuuuuuge astronomy nut (was? still am).  One day I read up on the lifecycle of stars and learned the truth that eventually, 2-3 billion years from now, our Sun was going to puff up like a big marshmallow and Earth would be vaporized.  I was absolutely terrified of this.  I used to have a reoccurring nightmare where the Sun gobbled me up.  It never dawned on me that it was wayyyyyyyyyyy into the future and I would be long dead of other things well before then. 

I never shook the fear until I went on a trip to a real observatory and got to look through a telescope at the Crab Nebula.  It was so beautiful, yet it was created by the violent death of a very large star.  Then I learned that these violent deaths created all of the elements that eventually precipitated to our planet, all of the carbon, the iron, the nitrogen, came from supernovae.  So in essence the death of a star lead directly to our existence.  And it dawned on me that seemingly destructive and violent things happen for a reason, and it doesn't always have a terrible outcome.