Author Topic: Omerta - Town of Mafia (Game over Scum wins)  (Read 56292 times)

Re: Omerta - Town of Mafia (day four and LyLo)
« Reply #690 on: March 06, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »
Well, PX's listed reason for his vig is "Possible Serial Killer" so...
I think Mitsuki just somehow got caught in everyone's head. Even the scum wanted to target her!

Possible SK???

I wanted to be ignored </3

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #691 on: March 06, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »
I like how it seems the only one who thought I was the scums was a guy not even playing.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #692 on: March 06, 2014, 02:10:05 PM »
I've just read Paladin's QT. Why are you so cute (TwT)

Raikaria, you did way better than the other game where you were scum. It was the first game on MotK I read and I caught you D1~

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #693 on: March 06, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »
funny how the people complaining about the cop gambit the most are the people who lost a teammate over it
I guess it isn't a big surprise but I'm actually concerned about it too.
It was a risky game he played, cause it would have lead into a 4 vs 3 LyLo day four, if he were wrong. And no Vhaltz, I don't think that he could have talked his way out of this. Seriously, someone who's rhetorical skilled enough to talk himself out of such a situation doesn't need such tricks, just to get someone lynched  to begin with.

I addressed the copycat issue already in the mod QT. If fake guiltys become the new cakevig then good night town. <_<

Guess I better stop here before it turns into another ?Why I hate gambits? pamphlet.^^;
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #694 on: March 06, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »
Schezo and Dan both felt like they were coasting the entire game and I would have pushed them regardless of alignment.
Dan later then Schezo because Dan has a history of Not Playing The Fucking Game, although this time it was getting to pretty unacceptable amounts of Not Playing The Fucking Game by late D2.

IMO if I was that scummy, I could have just as easily been lynched via a solid case on why I was scummy, not just dicerolled via a stupid gambit that has the potential to throw the whole game based on results.

Of course, I'm a good case on me would just be :effort:. I'm sure it was pretty bloody easy to just throw the cop claim then shrug at whatever happens next, though.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:29:47 PM by Probably Prims »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #695 on: March 06, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »
Fake cop guilties are normally even worse because they could make a real cop counterclaim you and out themselves. But yeah, risk v. reward is generally too obscene. As said, if Schezo had been wrong, town would have gone into lylo, and not only that, but with little more to work with than they had on d1.

It was pretty glorious since it worked out (dear god that reveal at the end), as well as hilarious due to how it influenced the game, but even though it -did- work out it messed with the role shenanigans enough that it still may have helped screw town over. I'm not mad at Schezo since this was pretty amazing, but I do hope townies fakeclaiming cop guilties almost never happens, ever.

But continuing- on Motk you tend to have plenty of townies playing pretty scummy. This is why I work so hard to try to be able to use both meta (only in more general situations like Dan Is Always Like This, overuse is bad) and more unusual reading-into-their-actions tells to try to figure if it's town or not. The results I get from this are mostly good (when I even get a result, that is, I'm not saying I'm some superreader >:V), slipups tend to be from me just being lazy and giving into a read on someone's alignment being X purely because it's -easy- >_>; And sometimes I take those give-in-for-ease reads too far, like Dormio in Mirai Nikki Mafia. Although by the end I really did think it was Bard based on Actually Reading The Game stuff. (That or I just don't have any decent reads so I struggle to make do with what I can see)

erm "plenty of townies playing scummy" was supposed to lead into "so even if you really think they're scum they might just be derps" as evidence of cop guilties being highly risky even if you're positive you're right, but I got sidetracked. There was also the part about cop guilties being potentially bad even if you -are- right, at least.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:46:56 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #696 on: March 06, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
you guys act like you can't take back a fake guilty before the guy is lynched

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #697 on: March 06, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »

You just blew my mind. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #698 on: March 06, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »
Geez, I think that would be even worse than the original gambit. >_>
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #699 on: March 06, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »
I am just going to remark that what made me scumread Serela during the game was exactly because he was not being himself. I believe most took it as Serela ascending in towniness while in my case I am going ''hey this vague stuff can swing either way and doesn't make sense and is deliberately difficult to read blablablah''. :V

Truth to be told once again I didn't really feel the impact of the cop gambit, but from my point of view (player who only read the bare minimum on the game) scum deserved the win either way. Not only do we have a cop lasting to lylo, but town also had the advantage of having an accidentally confirmed mason to make things worse for scum. Objectively speaking scum simply outplayed town PR-wise and Lynch-wise.  I guess the only thing I can nitpick about how the game went wrong is the generic ''lynch the goddamn lurkers already daaaaamn'' thing, but that's biased and from a townie pov.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #700 on: March 06, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »

I did that like three times in iDOLM@STER mafia.

good times.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #701 on: March 06, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
I've just read Paladin's QT. Why are you so cute (TwT)

Raikaria, you did way better than the other game where you were scum. It was the first game on MotK I read and I caught you D1~

That's strange the only scum game I remember was Anonmafia.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Re: Omerta - Town of Mafia (Game over Scum wins)
« Reply #702 on: March 06, 2014, 03:55:38 PM »
Oh, right.
Congratulations to the winners. Was really fun to watch. And town practically ate itself. =)
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #703 on: March 06, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »
And town practically ate itself. =)
I blame Schezo's autocorrect :3c
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #704 on: March 06, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »
I did that like three times in iDOLM@STER mafia.

good times.
Nobody took you seriously in iDOLM@STER either, you know.

I will note that you sound a lot more competent then when you first started. Before it just seemed like a whirlwind of buzzwords and gibberish.

hey guys remember when Lambadelta did this
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:05:52 PM by Probably Prims »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #705 on: March 06, 2014, 04:07:32 PM »
No I blocked it out of my memory

...I mean, uh, what? I have never heard of this occurrence, no *cough*

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #706 on: March 06, 2014, 04:12:55 PM »
No I blocked it out of my memory

...I mean, uh, what? I have never heard of this occurrence, no *cough*
That was the game I realized Shadoweh was a girl, fun fact.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #707 on: March 06, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
That reminds me. Serela, which do you prefer: him, her, or laughing at us when we don't know?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #708 on: March 06, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
Everyone deciding for themselves and doing that last one is the best. :D

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #709 on: March 06, 2014, 04:56:15 PM »
Serela is whatever gender I happen to remember exists at the moment.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #710 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »
That reminds me. Serela, which do you prefer: him, her, or laughing at us when we don't know?
Serela is a him who'd like to be a her, just so he can laugh at everyone who's confused and doesn't know left from right anymore.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #711 on: March 06, 2014, 05:34:46 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

If you look at Neko's immediate reaction to the fake guilty I would not have taken it back either, he didn't just react to it, he immediately tried to put Schezo in a 1 vs 1 with him via improbable role actions without considering Schezo might be lying. ..Well I say that but I probably would have chickened out at the end. >_> I don't think it affected Zak's lynch, if a confirmed innocent didn't save him nothing would!

I commented in the graveyard that DNA sounded really formal this game, it's a nice change.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #712 on: March 06, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »
You fakeclaimed Cop with a Guilty.

At best your 1 in 3 gambit worked. You lucked out and it did.

At worst you got a townie lynched and then  got turboed yourself D3 for a fake cop claim.

What you did was not town and was not playing to the town wincon IMO. If you were wrong, which odds were that you were, you'd have probobly lost the town the game right there and then.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked to see you carded, because that was an incredibly stupid and anti-town thing to do that you just happened to luck out on.

Now, to read the QT's.
gyeheheheheh

You're right.  Gambiting and acknowledging the risks associated that I would have single handedly lost the game for town is really anti town.  You couple that with the fact that I made scum instantly flail and 1v1 me and I'm the worst player ever that just throws darts and random lynches. 

This game isn't statistics otherwise there'd be no reason to play it other than to just spin an RNG 7 times and make people winners.
I blame Schezo's autocorrect :3c
plz...

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #713 on: March 06, 2014, 06:35:22 PM »
wow my reads were actually good

i actually thought serela was scum but then shadoweh told me he was considered to be obvtown so >.>

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #714 on: March 06, 2014, 06:43:00 PM »
I will note that you sound a lot more competent then when you first started. Before it just seemed like a whirlwind of buzzwords and gibberish.
Everyone knows that mafia is just an excuse to hone your English rhetorical skills. That's totally why I play.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #715 on: March 06, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
the fact that I made scum instantly flail and 1v1 me
You act like I'm not supposed to react in any other manner. I'd say you forced a 1v1 with that gambit.

The most town move there would be to call you on your bluff, since I'm the only one who knows if it's a lie.
This is completely irregardless of alignment. If I were town, I absolutely would not have stood for it and would have done the same thing.

But again, you shouldn't need to gambit in the first place if you're convinced I'm scum. It takes a lazy player to gambit up a lynch, and risk ruining everything, but it takes a good player to convince town of your scum read.

Of course, if you had actually scumhunted this game and not coasted completely on your gambit, it might be just a bit more excusable.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #716 on: March 06, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »
2 lazy to lynch scum

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #717 on: March 06, 2014, 08:08:21 PM »

its like you dont remember my first game

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #718 on: March 06, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »
Yes, there's also the argument: If you were that confident NNR was scum you should have just made a case and not BS'ed in a way that could have lost the game if you were wrong.

« Reply #719 on: March 06, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »
I find it weird that people keep bringing up "But you didn't have to" and "Town could have lost if..." when the reason town lost was something else entirely.