Author Topic: Reimu Quest (Part 7)  (Read 50821 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Reimu Quest (Part 7)
« Reply #480 on: February 09, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »
>"Thanks Reisen."
>Follow the purple rabbit.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #481 on: February 09, 2014, 11:37:54 PM »
>"Thanks Reisen."
>Follow the purple rabbit.

> You follow Reisen down the hall, passing endless rooms and a lot of rabbits.  You take a right and keep going until Reisen stops at a door on the right.
> Reisen opens the door a crack and looks inside.
> "Doctor, the red-white's here," she says.
> "Very well, send her in," you hear Eirin say from inside.  Reisen turns back to you.
> "Cause no trouble."

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #482 on: February 10, 2014, 12:07:08 AM »
>Head inside like it's 1982.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2014, 12:08:22 AM »
>Approach and examine Elder Being From Beyond Time And Space.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2014, 12:14:11 AM »
>Head inside like it's 1982.

>Approach and examine Elder Being From Beyond Time And Space.

> You head on in like you mean business.  Yagokoro Eirin is currently sitting at her desk, amidst shelves and cabinets filled with specimens, medicine, and other medical paraphernalia.  She has a petri dish of what appears to be moss, and is dabbing at it with a cotton ball stained in some blue substance.  She doesn't look up when you enter.
> You notice there are more specimen jars on her desk, all filled with different-colored fluids.  All these specimens appear to be fish or snakes.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #485 on: February 10, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »
> "Souvenirs from this incident?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #486 on: February 10, 2014, 12:43:33 AM »
> "Souvenirs from this incident?"

> "Mhmm."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #487 on: February 10, 2014, 01:12:55 AM »
>"So, this bubble thing is pretty neat. How to the rabbits breath out in the water, though?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #488 on: February 10, 2014, 01:19:22 AM »
>"So, this bubble thing is pretty neat. How to the rabbits breath out in the water, though?"

> "The bubble is thanks to the Princess, but the rabbits can breathe underwater thanks to me.  I developed a medicine that lasts for about an hour."

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #489 on: February 10, 2014, 01:21:58 AM »
>"So, how'd the whole flood go for you guys? I can see how it ended up, but how'd it get to this point?"

« Reply #490 on: February 10, 2014, 01:24:16 AM »
First,
> "Giving them enough time to get the cabin fever out of their system but not enough time for them to cause trouble? I approve."
Then Purvis's. Followed by:
> Examine the fishes. Any of them look familiar?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #491 on: February 10, 2014, 01:30:44 AM »
> "Giving them enough time to get the cabin fever out of their system but not enough time for them to cause trouble? I approve."

> "That was the point, yes."

>"So, how'd the whole flood go for you guys? I can see how it ended up, but how'd it get to this point?"

> You ask Eirin about the situation at Eientei.  She says,
> "When the waters started to get out of control, we had everyone hide inside while the Princess put up a shield.  In this kind of situation, I'd be sending Udonge or the other rabbits to check up on the Human Village, but as you can see we're stuck."

> Examine the fishes. Any of them look familiar?

> You look at the specimen jars.  You don't recognize any of the fish you see here.

> _

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #492 on: February 10, 2014, 01:47:22 AM »
>"It's affecting everyone based on elevation. Youkai Mountain is fine, Scarlets are not too bad, Human Village is flooded, and we had to do some work to make sure the Underground didn't fill up faster than it drained. There's also some big floating water bubbles in the air, and a crack in the border at the sky. The humans could use some medical attention but the Buddhists and their boat are doing their best to take care of things. "
>"I have a couple things I wanted to ask you about though. Do you have soul medicine, and can you tell if my soul being damaged is the cause or result of the border being damaged?"
>"Also, have you seen any of these shards?"

« Reply #493 on: February 10, 2014, 01:57:54 AM »
>"I have a couple things I wanted to ask you about though. Do you have soul medicine, and can you tell if my soul being damaged is the cause or result of the border being damaged?"
> Not this just yet.

One at a time. Let's get preliminary questions out of the way first, then move onto the heavier stuff.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:59:29 AM by Inubasectri »

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #494 on: February 10, 2014, 02:05:48 AM »
>"It's affecting everyone based on elevation. Youkai Mountain is fine, Scarlets are not too bad, Human Village is flooded, and we had to do some work to make sure the Underground didn't fill up faster than it drained. There's also some big floating water bubbles in the air, and a crack in the border at the sky. The humans could use some medical attention but the Buddhists and their boat are doing their best to take care of things. "
>"Also, have you seen any of these shards?"

> Not this just yet.

> You explain the situation in the rest of Gensokyo to Eirin, but leave out the part about your soul.
> "That's certainly a problem," Eirin says, but she seems very calm.  "I'm afraid I can't do much about the Boundary, but I can send some of my rabbits to affected areas with medicine, if there are any places that need it."

> _

« Reply #495 on: February 10, 2014, 02:09:38 AM »
> "The humans are at the base of Youkai Mountain along with the Buddhists, so sending Reisen over there to check on them isn't a half bad idea."
> "By the way, have you seen any of these?" Pull out one of Kikuri's shards and show it to her. "They've been all over the place ever since the sky broke."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #496 on: February 10, 2014, 02:17:27 AM »
> "The humans are at the base of Youkai Mountain along with the Buddhists, so sending Reisen over there to check on them isn't a half bad idea."
> "By the way, have you seen any of these?" Pull out one of Kikuri's shards and show it to her. "They've been all over the place ever since the sky broke."

> "Very well."
> You show Eirin one of the shards.
> "No, I haven't.  Come to think of it, my part-timer..."  Eirin takes a small vial and wets the cotton swab with it before returning to the petri dish.  "...used to be sealed up in something like that.  You know Kikuri, right?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #497 on: February 10, 2014, 02:23:06 AM »
>"I've heard the name. Do tell me about Kikuri."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #498 on: February 10, 2014, 02:32:28 AM »
>"I've heard the name. Do tell me about Kikuri."

> "She's the one who caused that incident a few years back, I'm sure you've heard of that."  Eirin sets down the cottonball.  "As part of her punishment, she was to do unpaid work around various parts of Gensokyo.  Even after her time was up, she kept coming back here, so I decided to just hire her.  Udonge is friends with her, aren't you?"
> Eirin leans to the side and says the last sentence a bit louder than usual.  You hear a squeak and rapid footsteps.
> "The other part of her punishment was taking away her powers.  She can hardly fly, let alone challenge anyone here to a spellcard duel.  All the rabbits were pretty disappointed about that.  Beyond that, I haven't pried into her personal life."

> _

« Reply #499 on: February 10, 2014, 02:38:36 AM »
> "Huh. Is that right." Her powers are taken away, huh? Still doesn't mean whatever she did to the Boundary didn't just have a delayed effect.
> "So you treated me during that incident? Can you refresh my memory on what exactly you had to do for me?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #500 on: February 10, 2014, 02:44:50 AM »
> "Huh. Is that right." Her powers are taken away, huh? Still doesn't mean whatever she did to the Boundary didn't just have a delayed effect.
> "So you treated me during that incident? Can you refresh my memory on what exactly you had to do for me?"

> You still suspect her.
> Eirin leans back in her chair.  "You had a lot of wounds I had to suture, and a bad head injury.  You were covered in bandages by the time I was done with you.  To go into the specifics...my main goals were to find and set any bones you may have broken, and sterilize wounds in danger of infection."

> _

« Reply #501 on: February 10, 2014, 02:50:09 AM »
> "Ew." Ew. We must've really been out of it if we don't recall being that messed up.
> "Did you notice anything odd? Aside from, uh, you know."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #502 on: February 10, 2014, 02:51:52 AM »
> "Ew." Ew. We must've really been out of it if we don't recall being that messed up.
> "Did you notice anything odd? Aside from, uh, you know."

> "Hmmm...nothing really," Eirin says with a shrug.  "Why?  Do you think something else was wrong?"

> _

« Reply #503 on: February 10, 2014, 02:55:02 AM »
> "I have reason to think so, judging by what a magician, a frog, and a brat had to say. Something kinda wrong with my spirit. I was wondering if it had something to do with those injuries I got back then."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #504 on: February 10, 2014, 03:10:03 AM »
> "I have reason to think so, judging by what a magician, a frog, and a brat had to say. Something kinda wrong with my spirit. I was wondering if it had something to do with those injuries I got back then."

> Eirin shakes her head.  "Your spirit?  I didn't sense anything back then."

> _

« Reply #505 on: February 10, 2014, 03:18:27 AM »
> "Is sensing spirits something you do on a frequent basis?" She can create crazy drugs to make rabbits breathe underwater, so it's probably not that surprising. Also, she can make people immortal, but that's small stuff.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #506 on: February 10, 2014, 03:37:01 AM »
> "Is sensing spirits something you do on a frequent basis?" She can create crazy drugs to make rabbits breathe underwater, so it's probably not that surprising. Also, she can make people immortal, but that's small stuff.

> "Not really, but I can tell right now there's something wrong with you," she says.  "I've dabbled in treating spiritual ailments."

> _

« Reply #507 on: February 10, 2014, 03:41:18 AM »
> "You're sure you didn't notice anything back then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #508 on: February 10, 2014, 03:45:26 AM »
>"More importantly, can you treat it now?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #509 on: February 10, 2014, 03:57:43 AM »
> "You're sure you didn't notice anything back then?"

>"More importantly, can you treat it now?"

> "I'm sure."
> You ask if she could treat it.
> "No," she says.  "Based on what you've told me, your condition has been caused by damage done to the Boundary, right?  In that case, the only way to fix yourself is to fix the Boundary."

> _