Author Topic: Omerta - Town of Mafia (Game over Scum wins)  (Read 55850 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Omerta - Town of Mafia (Game over Scum wins)
« Reply #720 on: March 06, 2014, 08:40:28 PM »
Reasons not to have done it in the first place, though.

Reasons not to try it again.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #721 on: March 06, 2014, 08:51:56 PM »
Zak, do you know what exactly went wrong?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #722 on: March 06, 2014, 08:57:40 PM »
Town mostly lost because of apathy IMO. SkyPal was completely misguided rather than apathetic (he put a lot of effort in) but Dan didn't even read the thread, Schezo almost never posted and they certainly weren't bofh-tier posts that make up for it, O4rfish is both new and was also present so little I repeatedly forgot he was playing... and Darkie thought I was scum but never took it past "reading your posts is too annoying", whilst basically sitting on Zak for how d2 went and the wordplay.

Zak himself kind of meh'd through most of d3 until making a great post near the end that I actually was going to nightkill him for if he wasn't lynched, because suddenly he was a player actually acting sensible and putting in effort and calling me out for ACTUAL questionable things I did, unlike SkyPal or Darkie's ridiculous reasons for wanting me lynched. But he immediately got lynched, so.

Town drowned in role shenanigans near the end due to one of the "confirmed town"s actually not being a role. It probably would have gotten sorted out and gotten Raikaria lynched if it wasn't immediately followed by a quickhammer because ??????. Then it would have been up to town to lynch me over Dan or SkyPaladin, which I dunno how that would've gone, but it seems like Dan would have taken it despite all the things that happened that imo made him seem town, because I pay attention to things other people don't I guess?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:01:06 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #723 on: March 06, 2014, 09:41:25 PM »
Zak, do you know what exactly went wrong?

Well,

Town mostly lost because of apathy IMO.

Uhh, yeah, that.
Basically I couldn't pull out enough content fast enough, Sky couldn't pull out enough evidence to believe in his clear of me, Schezo couldn't pull enough care needed to not quickhammer on the final day instead of convincing everyone to go for the 100% scum claim. The Fake Cop Claim I would say was town's only good move speaking solely in terms of the end result.

Edit: I didn't think my post was that incriminating for you since my reads were reversed in that post, yet looking back at it I was actually almost on the verge of discovering legit Serela/Raikaria scumlinks in how you were voting him for reasons that couldn't be explained despite hard-defending him.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:51:12 PM by Reaver Zakeri »

Re: Omerta - Town of Mafia (day four and LyLo)
« Reply #724 on: March 06, 2014, 10:25:45 PM »
funny how the people complaining about the cop gambit the most are the people who lost a teammate over it
God damn scum is salty about that D2 lmao.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #725 on: March 06, 2014, 10:34:38 PM »
god dammit I only just realized NNR isn't HW
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #726 on: March 06, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »
i dunno why id be against a cop gambit

i mean yeah it's risky but if you fake a guilty on somebody then you realize this and are taking responsibility by doing it. "You could lose and people could be mad at you :(" is a bullshit reason to not do something as town. i think nnr's reaction to the cop gambit as mafia this game is an excellent example of why it can work, ironically

but if it happens a lot it becomes useless.

« Reply #727 on: March 06, 2014, 11:04:41 PM »
Lynch all liars is kind of a bad thing to enforce when town gambits can be relatively harmless and achieve nice things, such as claiming ascetic as a cop or something to avoid having the scum roleblocker target you. Claiming cop guilties is on the riskier side of the spectrum but as long as you can handle it by only doing it when you're dead certain that somebody is scum, do it just to gouge reactions or other reasons I think it's not something to get so worked up over.

Also I think the better not-Prims tell is the catgirl avatar
Unless he decides to give himself a catgirl avatar to prove me wrong

« Reply #728 on: March 06, 2014, 11:08:05 PM »
nah my taste in anime women isnt that bad

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #729 on: March 06, 2014, 11:09:45 PM »
Or maybe, just maybe, that "Nickname" field.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:18:04 PM by Definitely Not Dormio »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Omerta - Town of Mafia (day four and LyLo)
« Reply #730 on: March 06, 2014, 11:21:31 PM »
God damn scum is salty about that D2 lmao.

But I complain about risky gambits whoever does them, whatever alignment I am. :/

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #731 on: March 06, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »
I dunno how you could actually confuse me for Prims, unless you turned off avatars and sigs.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #732 on: March 07, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »
And nicknames.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.