Author Topic: Anime Boston April 22-24, 2011: Pahting is such sweet sahraw, n'um'sayin'  (Read 19645 times)

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
Re: Anime Boston April 22-24, 2011: Pahty Hahd
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »
Con was so worth not studying for finals.  Definitely gonna try for the Alley again next year, maybe bring some trinkets, some more ecchi/comedy art.

e: Touhou stuff actually didn't move so well in the Artists' Alley.  I was speaking with this Kirino who suggested that might be because the AB crowd's a bit young to appreciate Touhou (teen Hetalia fangirls and all that).  That's probably true, and it makes our headcount of 47 at the Touhou group photoshoot all the more impressive.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:11:11 PM by Bad Appellant!! »

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »
e: Touhou stuff actually didn't move so well in the Artists' Alley.  I was speaking with this Kirino who suggested that might be because the AB crowd's a bit young to appreciate Touhou (teen Hetalia fangirls and all that).  That's probably true, and it makes our headcount of 47 at the Touhou group photoshoot all the more impressive.
If you made some Momiji stuff I would've probably bought it.  Then again I didn't have any cash, just plastic.  =/

Also, Hetalia sucks.  There were Hetalia cosplayers _in costume_ in South Station when I was waiting for the train to Baltimore.   >_>

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
But now, because of the hat, it feels like I'm still wearing it right now because it's been on there for so long...
Lol, I felt the same way about my costume. I didn't even go in cosplay on Sunday and I still kept making the hand motion to move the strings from my Aya hat away from my face. Now that everyone has posted their photos, I gotta say I really need to learn to smile >.>

Juhani

• Jedi catgirl
  • Pelipper
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »
Lol, I felt the same way about my costume. I didn't even go in cosplay on Sunday and I still kept making the hand motion to move the strings from my Aya hat away from my face. Now that everyone has posted their photos, I gotta say I really need to learn to smile >.>
Same here. Every last word hahahha. Except replace "Aya" with "Suwako" and "strings" with "brim."

Would you guys be okay if I uploaded a couple clips of the panel to YouTube?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 02:22:12 AM »
Welcome to MotK, Juhani! I'm glad you enjoyed the panel and the shoots, and yes, feel free to upload whatever clips you may have recorded.

Here's to hoping you enjoy your time here!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Juhani

• Jedi catgirl
  • Pelipper
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 02:53:52 AM »
Welcome to MotK, Juhani! I'm glad you enjoyed the panel and the shoots, and yes, feel free to upload whatever clips you may have recorded.

Here's to hoping you enjoy your time here!
Thank you! Glad you're glad.  :D

I uploaded the videos, here is the clip of Subterranean Animism and then the Touhou Castlevania playing.

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »
Sorry for not saying during the convention, but this comes pretty close as the best 2 days of my life. So many touhous, so many fans, and so many people that share a common interest. I was hoping for one random person to recognize my cosplay but instead, i was greeted by 50+. Big thank you to all the panel people and event runners and most importantly, the fans. Im sad that I didnt finish my lightsaber on time but I'll definitely be taking that with me to Otakon.

Which reminds me, who is going to otakon from boston? I just cant wait another year for this but as a high schooler (senior so 18) idk about going to another state by myself. It also doesnt help that this will be my first time at otakon. I'd love it if i could meet up or follow someone there. I think I can also help a few of you with rooms. I'm 99% sure my dad can pull some strings and get us a 5 star room at 2-3 star rates. (prob 70~110 a person? it will be further away but there should be warm breakfasts. I think max i can take is like 3-5 not counting me)

Sorry about not posting on the otakon thread if it exists. For some reason I dont have enough privileges to search or something...

EDIT: oh wow its only a few threads down, i found this on google cus i couldnt search. Why the heck is it in adult section? Conventions arnt just for adults :x
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:41:17 PM by Raymoo »
It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that; slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day.

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »
Sorry about not posting on the otakon thread if it exists. For some reason I dont have enough privileges to search or something...

EDIT: oh wow its only a few threads down, i found this on google cus i couldnt search. Why the heck is it in adult section? Conventions arnt just for adults :x

Search is broken for everyone; it has nothing to do with you being a newbie still. And the adult thing is just the name of the forum; it's so it spells out RAVE with the first letters of each word.

Now to thumb through these pictures and see just how much fun you all had. :3

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »
Im sad that I didnt finish my lightsaber on time but I'll definitely be taking that with me to Otakon.
Lightsaber? Who did you cosplay?

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
Rinnosuke,

It was supposed to be the kusanagi. I originally wanted to go as tenshi but I didnt want to brohou it up so yeah... I didnt finish cus I couldnt get sound in there. I'll def be swinging it around in Otakon.

WAIT, I remember you. You were the Aya who was also going to be rinno rite? Or am I way off...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:04:22 AM by Raymoo »
It repeats the same melody and crescendos gradually, peacefully, and beautifully. It would be nice if life changed like that; slowly but surely, while being seemingly unchanged from day to day.

Wow, that sword looks pretty sweet, shame you didn't finish it in time
WAIT, I remember you. You were the Aya who was also going to be rinno rite? Or am I way off...
Haha! I was just about to ask you if you were that Rinno!

kirip

• The JRPG/Touhou Addict
Male Patchu here!

The Touhou base this year was great, especially on Saturday! And of course, the panel was awesome as well.

Some of the cosplayers were really cute/creative, like the Rumia.

Holy crap, she was like as awesome as the real thing. I'm a huge Rumia fan.

Also, the Koishi with the Freud book, that one was just EPIC.
I loved the guy that brought in those frog jellies too.

I was really caught off by the black Marisa with the top hat, that was pretty awesome.

Scored me a Yoshika mug from the Artist's Alley. I think I got most of my Touhou stuff from there.

Well, I did get this pack of cards for a Chinese Touhou card game, comes with a neat spell counter and everything.

Ohoh, and here's my picture collection of what I got from the photoshoots.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1507546968635.2041863.1233121324&l=b5ebeb44ad

I'm already looking towards next year for the con. I wanted to work on voice and cosplay this year but I got lazy. Maybe I'll do Yoshika.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 02:57:06 AM by kirip »

Project: J-ko

• I'm not saying it was Jiang Shi...
  • ...but it was Jiang Shi.
Heya!  Gensokyo Bus Driver here.  I hereby add pics (and questionable camera skills) to the mix.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150556569275655.673425.639675654&l=bc5f50f487

To sum up my experience at Anime Boston is to pretty much echo the praise that others have already mentioned.  That said, I'm doin' it anyway.

- INCREDIBLE panel, you guys.  It's gotten better every year, and this was the best one yet. 
 - Huge.  Cosplayer.  Turnout.  Holy frijoles.  Saturday kind of blew my mind a little.  I thank each and every one of you for it.  It was a great time.
 - Glad someone liked the frog joke.  Best five bucks I ever spent on Gummi Frogs. 
 - After the photoshoots were over, I thought of like half a dozen stupid/brilliant ideas for pictures.  I'm saving them for next con.  Beware...and make sure there's a Tewi around.   :derp:
 - I'm never giving up my Bus Driver jacket (NEVER I TELL YOU, NEVER!!), but now that there's a Kyonshi Touhou...I may have to consider some things. 

So I'll go poke around here a bit now and do my best to not noob it up.  Mahalo.
I guess hopping ghosts are kind of like monsters...

Kilgamayan

• True
So Murein, the guy whose laptop we were able to use for the panel, uploaded his recording of the panel to this YouTube account. The panel videos are currently unlabeled - you can watch it by going from 23 to 35.

And a big hello to all the new folks puttering in as a result of this con!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Curiosity just went up so freaking much.

Minute 2 of this. What circle was he referring to?

This panel also made me learn a lot of shit. And I thought I was addicted. These guys are to the extreme, man.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Kilgamayan

• True
Not having sound means I can only hazard a guess based on what I remember us talking about, but if he's talking about the circle/artist that makes nightmare fuel Touhou fanart, then he's referring to Felis Ovum.

If that's not it, you'll have to hope Reddyne shows up soon or wait until I get home from work. :V

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Oh, hey gang! Glad to see you guys around.
Minute 2 of this. What circle was he referring to?
I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to and if it comes in at exactly 2 minutes or not. Though yeah, Felis Ovum is the nightmare fuel doujin circle. If that's not what you're referring to since the flash videos and Koumajou Densetsu are brought up during that time as well, elaborate a little and we'll clear the air.
If that's not it, you'll have to hope Reddyne shows up soon or wait until I get home from work. :V
Sorry. In and out as usual and I've had a few positive things to focus my time and effort on IRL.
This panel also made me learn a lot of shit. And I thought I was addicted. These guys are to the extreme, man.
I like to think of more as the work of someone who has had too much free time on his hands.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:57:12 PM by Reddyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
Oh hey--any objections to Redbones next year?

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

If that's not what you're referring to since the flash videos and Koumajou Densetsu are brought up during that time as well, elaborate a little and we'll clear the air.

That's what I'm asking, yes. Thank you very much. Curiosity satiated.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Momiji

• Cya
- After the photoshoots were over, I thought of like half a dozen stupid/brilliant ideas for pictures.  I'm saving them for next con.  Beware...and make sure there's a Tewi around.   :derp:
I did too!  Gah.  Photoshoots are never quite long enough.

Also, STOMP STOMP STOMP.

Reddyne

Oh hey--any objections to Redbones next year?
I'm up for just about anything, especially if it fits nicely on Thursday night.
I did too!  Gah.  Photoshoots are never quite long enough.

Also, STOMP STOMP STOMP.
I got THE one pic I wanted all weekend. I'm satisfied.

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
You guys/girls know the cosplayer that went as sakuya from the castlevania game? How/where the heck did he get that shirt? cus in all honesty, I might wear that outside of cons. Also, mind if I join you gais for food? :D

Mocking Morning

• Tonight We Stand In Circles!
  • DHS Danmaku Inspector
You guys/girls know the cosplayer that went as sakuya from the castlevania game? How/where the heck did he get that shirt? cus in all honesty, I might wear that outside of cons. Also, mind if I join you gais for food? :D

The have shirts now? What kind?
How many times have you woken up and asked yourself: What the hell am I doing?
Today, your plane did not blow up thanks to the cooperation of Touhou Girls and TSA Officers.

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
I meant the black/white striped blouse kinda thing. I can prob mod it into a shirt if i knew where he got it. Idk tho, usually work with metal and not cloth :x

Momiji

• Cya
That would've been Kunai.

Reddyne

I meant the black/white striped blouse kinda thing. I can prob mod it into a shirt if i knew where he got it. Idk tho, usually work with metal and not cloth :x
Learn to cosplay and making many things becomes much easier. Looking at an article of clothing and deciphering just how it was put together also becomes much easier. Seriously, to me it's just a pinstriped fabric and a vest pattern properly assembled. If there's something I'm missing there, then I have a couple of extra explanations.

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
YES! Pinstripe. That was the word I was looking for. Thanks you very much. Btw, epic red eye in Komachi's picture.

Btw, epic red eye in Komachi's picture.
I think it looks pretty badass, Komachi normally has red eyes anyway :V

Raymoo

• Newbie Grazer
Yeah, thats what I meant. At first I thought she had contacts so I went to the other photos and checked. Sorry if it sounded sarcastic.