Author Topic: Anime Central May 20-22nd, 2011  (Read 19621 times)

Anime Central May 20-22nd, 2011
« on: February 22, 2011, 01:27:57 AM »
Anyone have any plans, opinions, guesses about if you're gonna go, or who you're going as?

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Anime Central May 20-22nd, 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 01:29:59 AM »
Going, it will be fun, definintely going, and myself.  ^.^

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 02:15:09 AM »
I'm already there. I got mah ticket to ride from the east coast gathering to ACen. I'll most likely take the trip down to Delaware via train because my RL Yukarimobile isn't trustworthy on long trips and the gas mileage is pretty wimpy. The road trip out there will be quite a new adventure for me, too. A dozen nerds on the road for a dozen hours should be interesting in terms of just who sings what until no one can talk anymore. 

A quick poke through the boards says that the Toohoo gathering will be quite large. There'll be a sizable collection of KD:SS costumes (now including my own \o/) and I'm really looking forward to seeing anyone doing that. There will also be a store owner Mystia, purportedly, which features a design with a brown yukata and purple babushka. I am going to kidnap just so I can hug her.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Zakenna

• fomer Internet tough guy
  • Ahh After 10,000 years I'm free!
    • polyvinylcrush
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 02:17:38 AM »
No plans, it sounds awesome. I might go. I'll probably bring youmu  back if I go

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »
Working on it.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 09:31:21 PM »
No plans, it sounds awesome. I might go. I'll probably bring youmu  back if I go

If you bring Youmu, I'll be sure to bring Yuyuko with me.  :D

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:58:30 PM »
I will be there, barring unforeseen murder.

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »
Going, it will be fun, definintely going, and myself.  ^.^

And hopefully as PC-98 Marisa with my Mima v2 it would be so sweet. BV

I'm already there. I got mah ticket to ride from the east coast gathering to ACen. I'll most likely take the trip down to Delaware via train because my RL Yukarimobile isn't trustworthy on long trips and the gas mileage is pretty wimpy. The road trip out there will be quite a new adventure for me, too. A dozen nerds on the road for a dozen hours should be interesting in terms of just who sings what until no one can talk anymore. 

A quick poke through the boards says that the Toohoo gathering will be quite large. There'll be a sizable collection of KD:SS costumes (now including my own \o/) and I'm really looking forward to seeing anyone doing that. There will also be a store owner Mystia, purportedly, which features a design with a brown yukata and purple babushka. I am going to kidnap just so I can hug her.

I'm sure you can't wait to come to Delaware Reddyne *snickers*

Also even though it probably won't happen I can probably take in some people at my parents' house before the trip the next day since they're reasonably close to Silentsword, lol.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:51:20 PM by Mima-sama »

Reddyne

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 01:13:12 AM »
And hopefully as PC-98 Marisa with my Mima v2 it would be so sweet. BV

I'm sure you can't wait to come to Delaware Reddyne *snickers*
I've NEVER seen a PC-98 Marisa. Hell yes. Based on the projected cosplay, I'm frothing at the mouth for pictures.

Not looking forward to the trip down AT ALL. I want to bring along 2 suitcases for 3 costumes. One of those is for Red Mage, and he has his fire/ice spell to worry about. I don't want to think about how I'm going to bring all that junk on a train.

Mima-sama

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 01:47:13 AM »
I've NEVER seen a PC-98 Marisa. Hell yes. Based on the projected cosplay, I'm frothing at the mouth for pictures.

Not looking forward to the trip down AT ALL. I want to bring along 2 suitcases for 3 costumes. One of those is for Red Mage, and he has his fire/ice spell to worry about. I don't want to think about how I'm going to bring all that junk on a train.

I've been bugging Momiji to do it so we'd be a duo on and off for a while now, hahahah.

Awww you won't be able to take Yumemi so we could be dual Yumemis again. :(

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 01:47:30 AM »
I'm frothing at the mouth for pictures.
:akihawhat:

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 02:10:39 AM »
oh hey a thread for my home convention neato

Obviously, I'll be there! I hope everyone has rooms and such already; I think the Hyatt is already booked full.

As for cosplay, I dunno what I'm gonna do yet. I'd like to spiff up the Yuuka costume from last year, but I haven't the expertise necessary for it.

Reddyne

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 02:33:17 AM »
Awww you won't be able to take Yumemi so we could be dual Yumemis again. :(
Nooooo way I'm bringing the cross on a trip in which I'll be spending some 36 hours in a car/van/train. The costume itself is set to go, though I'll be damned if I ever bring an object that effectively takes up 60 feet of space on a major road trip again. My only real quip about Yumemi otherwise is that I never got the lining the way I wanted it. I still like my little bow-tie, though, and that skirt is better than I could've hoped for.

So what the heck is Mima 2.0 gonna be? Were there any real improvements to be made? The details and appliques were great as they were. Unless you've got frikkin' WINGS in mind.
:akihurwhut:
Don't worry. I've had all my shots. The thought of some of what's to come leads to some self-induced epileptic seizures, though.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »
Don't worry. I've had all my shots. The thought of some of what's to come leads to some self-induced epileptic seizures, though.
Commission's underway now.  The costume should be done by the beginning of May.  \o/

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 09:44:47 PM »
Commission's underway now.  The costume should be done by the beginning of May.  o/

Congrats.  I'm hoping to get some time to get the fabric for my next costume.  I might also need to get some dye to get it red.

Zakenna

• fomer Internet tough guy
  • Ahh After 10,000 years I'm free!
    • polyvinylcrush
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 11:25:00 PM »
bah I can't convince my friends to leave the east coast. They're set on Animazement as their spring Con. So if I go I'll be on my own for this one.

Mima-sama

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »
Nooooo way I'm bringing the cross on a trip in which I'll be spending some 36 hours in a car/van/train. The costume itself is set to go, though I'll be damned if I ever bring an object that effectively takes up 60 feet of space on a major road trip again. My only real quip about Yumemi otherwise is that I never got the lining the way I wanted it. I still like my little bow-tie, though, and that skirt is better than I could've hoped for.

So what the heck is Mima 2.0 gonna be? Were there any real improvements to be made? The details and appliques were great as they were. Unless you've got frikkin' WINGS in mind.Don't worry. I've had all my shots. The thought of some of what's to come leads to some self-induced epileptic seizures, though.

You know how there are several different versions of Mima's costume between the PC-98 games? It's a different variation with more detail and several other features. I'm still debating on whether or not I should do shoulder-mounted wings, the straps would be hidden under the capelet, but I actually need to get a move on design if I want to do them, lol.

At least 12 yards of blue fabric alone.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 12:09:27 PM »
bah I can't convince my friends to leave the east coast. They're set on Animazement as their spring Con. So if I go I'll be on my own for this one.
Animazement, eh? I'll see you there~

Reddyne

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »
You know how there are several different versions of Mima's costume between the PC-98 games? It's a different variation with more detail and several other features. I'm still debating on whether or not I should do shoulder-mounted wings, the straps would be hidden under the capelet, but I actually need to get a move on design if I want to do them, lol.

At least 12 yards of blue fabric alone.
Considering that she was so far up on my last time through Tohosort, I would certainly hope so. I always thought of a second version of anything as a build up from the original, though.

Yeah, calculating how much fabric you'll need is a problem in and of itself. It's worse if the project requires a lot of it, too. I used a full bolt of fabric for Red Mage, and the vest, skirt, cape and capelet combination for Yumemi certainly was resource heavy. Thank goodness for sales and coupons. I milked every inch of fabric for cutting out the pieces from the patterns, too.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 04:17:11 AM »
I would have posted here before if I could have made it online today. Sorry.

Tonight is your last chance to order 3-day badges at $50 and have them mailed to you for $2 more. Starting April 1st, 3-day badges will cost $55 and cannot be mailed; you'll have to wait in line for it. Even if you went to ACen last year, you need to register for a new account this year as well, so time it accordingly.

I can only pray that anyone who needs to see this will catch it in the next 30 minutes.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 04:49:42 AM »
I'll be there. Cosplaying as Nitori and Terezi, and maybe a third minor cosplay if I can swing it somehow.

Anyone know when the Touhou photoshoot is this year? And if a Homestuck photoshoot even exists?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »
Apparently I'm being summoned to these shenanigans. Likely will have Mikuru, possibly will revive Desu but I never can find a real wig for her so I always get the hair wrong, and *might* have Shiki as well.

Reddyne

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 04:36:43 PM »
Man. I 'unno how I'm going to swing this anymore without making decisions I don't want to make.
I'll be there. Cosplaying as Nitori and Terezi, and maybe a third minor cosplay if I can swing it somehow.

Anyone know when the Touhou photoshoot is this year? And if a Homestuck photoshoot even exists?
SDM party is at 9 on Friday night at/in the garden. Photoshoots are at 11 and 7 on Saturday, though I dunno where since I've never been there.

There HAS to be something Homestuck going on somewhere. Considering all the factors that go into making a group like this, there simply has to. My only fear is that this'll quickly become the next Hetalia/Kuroshitsuji.

Also, these poor guys got stuck with a half hour panel. We have trouble cramming everything we want to talk about into 2 hours and these guys get one quarter of that?! Sheesh!

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 04:39:32 PM »
Wait, seriously?

What's the point of a half-hour panel that covers any sort of topic, never mind Touhou? :wat:
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 06:02:41 PM »
I'm going.

Anyone else going to Hardcore Synergy?

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 09:15:04 PM »
I'm going.

Anyone else going to Hardcore Synergy?
Oh my god, if I'm there, I'm so going to this.

_Aswin_

• Indian Otaku
  • ~ Laser is not difficult.
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
I'm pretty much going just for Hardcore Synergy. That's where it's at.

Viroque

• Questionable Soul
  • Well, this works.
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »
REDALiCE (ALiCE'sEMOTiON) came back for another set this year. And SHARPNEL too. That makes pretty much the best core party you can get.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 12:14:26 AM »
We're getting kors k and REDALiCE this year. :D

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 03:45:02 AM »
3 weeks, yo. Get your cosplays ready~