Author Topic: Anime North 2012  (Read 12464 times)

The Astral Pancake

• Lurker McLurkington
  • ZOT
Re: Anime North 2012
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 02:12:47 AM »
Hello, my name is Pancake and I approve of all IIDX-based injuries caused during this weekend.

Merp

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 02:21:05 AM »
My body is ready for "what anime is this?"
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 02:41:44 AM »
Hello, my name is Pancake and I approve of all IIDX-based injuries caused during this weekend.
I'll smack you with it if nothing happens that cool? :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 06:07:44 AM »
Dinner with MotK people was pretty awesome. Nice to see you all there.

We missed Suikama though :< should've brought a derp face in remembrance of him...

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
tell everyone I say :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
tell everyone I say :V
We were thinking of just getting a picture of you with a :V face :3

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 03:33:14 AM »
AN was awesome. Thanks for the good times guys.

Kiefmaster99

• Touhou Wiki editor
    • Touhou Wiki User Page
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 04:26:11 PM »
Got the albums I wanted anyways, which was good. Overcrowding wasn't as bad this year. From what I hear, cosplay turnout was lower.

Oh well. At least we managed to 'hijack' a table.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
Got the albums I wanted anyways, which was good. Overcrowding wasn't as bad this year. From what I hear, cosplay turnout was lower.

Oh well. At least we managed to 'hijack' a table.
Yeah, I also had fun playing 12.3 a bit before I left :V (I'm surprised I still have some skill in me O.O)

But yeah Touhou Panel was a huge success, this time pushing the subjects forward instead of sticking to one and missing on everything else. (And we STILL didn't get a chance to show the last video :<)

Nice to have dinner with Naut, Drake, Khoa, and others though. Really fun time with you guys. Wasn't as many Touhou cosplayers as last year though :( And yeah, at least almost everyone managed to get into the panel when they lined up. Last year we had people getting locked out because the staff was being dicks like that :<

Drake

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 07:25:28 AM »
Man, this weekend was fantastic. Hanging out with Naut and his friend all weekend was bitchin'. I couldn't figure out how to get out of the airport so they came to get me lol

First time being to such a humongous convention, and man the crowds and cosplay was pretty overwhelming the first day. The lineup to get our passes was a bit over two hours (hurr incompetence) and we basically just stood around pointing out cosplays.

Didn't buy nearly enough stuff (naut on the other hand bought like 500$ of silly animu dvds) and I didn't get nearly enough pictures because my camera was terrible; in retrospect even my phone would have been better. Dinner get-together was pretty sweet, getting to meet Khoa and Gpop, etc. Got my introduction to IIDX at the rhythm game room afterward and Gpop looked like he was going to die playing ITG after filling himself with ribs. I was too nervous to go up and play any though (?・ω・`)
Everyone seemed pretty tired this weekend, so unfortunately we didn't get around to much shmuppan despite the encouragement attempts of Naut and myself, but that's alright. I managed to pick up EspGaludaIIBL so that was pretty nice.

Touhou panel was pretty fun. Definitely an improvement considering what I saw of last year's, but I was pretty disappointed that there wasn't anything more than pictures of danmaku, even if 99% of the people were already familiar with the series. This is where you'd get a significant improvement if the panel were two hours, probably. I think we got everyone in the room, but really there needs to be a bigger room. Maybe more people would have come if it weren't listed in the region of the yaoi panels and such, too (which would be fixed by a room change). Anyways, Gpop half-suggested that I should be a panelist, and I'm really considering it. I did want to speak up more than I already did, but I didn't want to sound like a prude, and I figure I'd have things to contribute as a panelist. The prospect of introducing people at my local convention is also interesting too, so we'll see if that goes anywhere.

In any case, I had a great time and I fully intend to come next year.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »
I'm just wondering, what would people think if we suggested two panels next year? One for introduction (to talk about what the series really is about for the new people), and one for discussion (those really into the series already and are already familiar with it)?

Kiefmaster99

• Touhou Wiki editor
    • Touhou Wiki User Page
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 03:18:40 AM »
Makes me wonder what kind of people will show up to the introductory panel.