Author Topic: Anime Expo 2011 (get hype!)  (Read 23037 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Anime Expo 2011 (get hype!)
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 02:57:01 PM »
Uhhh, trying to bullshit the song list out of my ass right now. Costumes will be in parenthesis using the Project Diva names

1) Project DIVA desu
2) World is Mine
3) Electric Angel
4) Koisuru VOC@LOID
Right here my mind gets hazy with order so I'll just list the songs in what order I remember them
Popipo (Ja☆Ji???)
Romeo and Cinderella (Vintage Dress)
Moon
Disappearance of Hatsune Miku (Infinity)
Clover Club
From Y to Y
Dear
Butterfly on the Right Shoulder
Meltdown
Just Be Friends
Saihate
Ai Kotoba
Puzzle

Someone help me with the song list here

PX also knows how to dance CPMC and I have video proof of it too.  :V
:colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:54:15 PM by PX »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »
Of all those Clover Club is the only new song, but most of those costumes are different.  I'm really not a fan of infinity though :/

Thanks so much for helping

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »
Even from a distance, Miku's movements were pretty smooth and realistic enough looking. She even had shadows on her clothes. The crowd was totally amped up for this concert, glowsticks everywhere all the time. The guest Vocaloid appearances were a nice touch too.

Seconded. Miku--as well as Rin, Len, and Luka--was everything but the cast shadow and the groupies 'n blow.

I was impressed at how they drew on the shadows, but at the same time it means they have to redo the shadows every time their lighting setup changes. But maybe in 80 years we'll see an actual, physical, singing and dancing Miku.

...if she doesn't turn malevolent, hypnotize all of Los Angeles and have to be put down by a hotshot prototype fighter pilot sometime in the interim, that is.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »
Yeah, the character models from that Puzzle video look the same as from the 39s Giving Day concert.  Which is cool, because it's pretty much the models from Project Diva Arcade which look awesome

Hopefully they'll do a DVD of it ;_;

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 11:11:12 PM »
with what they were doing with the cameras, I think they might

Also, I'd never been to the Nokia Plaza before. That place itself was really awesome.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 03:10:51 AM »
math4origami, that was an awesome panel. For infecting over 100 people with the cancer known as Touhou Memes, you get to choose if you want an IP or not. :V

Quad City QBs

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 03:56:55 AM »
math4origami, I got pictures of your little screen glitch. That, and everything else I took during AX, are up here.

I'm afraid that'll be all, as I'm not going tomorrow. Fantastic show, though--I hope I get the chance to go again in the future.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2011, 05:32:29 AM »
http://live.niconico.com/watch/lv54097487

Jump to 2:15:00, it just gets really hilarious from there. I was there the whole time and the crowd watching the screen was just bursting.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »
Went on Friday and Saturday. I saw some of you guys there (saw some familiar names on the badges) but I didn't have time to stop by and chat.

The Kalafina concert was great. I was especially impressed by their stamina. They were nearly out of breath after each set of songs, but their performance was still spectacular.

The Miku concert was amaaaazing. All that energy from the concert was incredible. The concert was apparently sold out, but still I spotted a few empty seats around. The theater was massive, bigger than I imagined. So many people were there, well over 5000. Oh, and here's a song list for the concert, right below the pictures.

pineyappled

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2011, 01:49:17 PM »
I sat next to someone on MotK on the What the Heck is Touhou thing yesterday. Forgot who it was, though.
It was pretty terrible. The entire thing was pretty much memes like Cirno and yukkuri and SHAMEIMARU. Also Chen.

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2011, 09:06:25 PM »
I feel a little better about  not seeing it

Were you Mokou?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »
There was some good and bad with the Touhou panel.

Good: I thought the overall history about Touhou was fair. math4origami started with the doujin conventions which led to ZUN, then to aspects about the games created and the heroines and youkai. Overall, I think it flowed well enough and made sense. He did a very good explanation of the more prevalent memes in the fandom and also showed bits of the Chen Touhou M-1 Grand Prix as well as Gensokyo Call & Response. One of the more useful things math4origami went over was elaborating on ZUN's recent statement regarding commerical vs doujin products using his works. I think he explained it pretty well and that's what I got the most out of the entire panel.

Bad: The crowd was a bit rowdy, but that's not really unexpected. Text on the powerpoint slides was too small in general. Projector mishaps while trying to load EoSD was unfortunate, but I realize that having to get some actual gameplay in was important to the presentation. With the presentation itself, he covered all the aspects of the Touhou fandom like the doujin comics, games, and music, but I felt he spent a little too much time on explaining the memes. Even though the explanations were good, it seemed to indicate that memes seemed to be one of the primary drivers of the fandom. I think it should have been more balanced with perhaps having some more solid examples of the other things: actual doujinshi on hand and maybe playing a few remixes for the audience. While the crowd loved Gensokyo Call & Response, there wasn't really an explanation of why it was noteworthy or what was even going on with the clip.

I think if I had attended the panel without knowing about Touhou at all, I would have gotten the explanation as to how Touhou became popular, but not really understood WHY Touhou is popular. I would have understood that things like Niconico deleting videos with licensed footage would have caused a greater proliferation of Touhou vids as a result, but I wouldn't know why it had to be Touhou over something else like Vocaloid or iDOLM@STER. And I wouldn't have really understood why things like an IOSYS flash helped spread Touhou's popularity, only that it did. However, that in itself is probably an extensive topic that really can't be covered in an introductory panel about Touhou and without lots of debate. For what it's worth, I think math4origami had a good presentation layout that accomplished explaining "What the Heck is Touhou" and I gotta give props for that as well as running the show solo. I don't really recall too many people leaving the panel in the middle and there were at least 200 attendees there.

And he also gave a shout out to some of the prevalent Western fansites and imageboards including Shrinemaiden. So to any newcomers, welcome to the forums.

pineyappled

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 04:17:11 AM »
I feel a little better about  not seeing it

Were you Mokou?
Yeah. My wig started screwing up, though.

I went to the Good Smile and Nitroplus thing today. Kind of ironic how Good Smile was giving figmas as prizes, but they're made by Max Factory...
Took the box the prizes were in and got it signed. I really don't know what I'm going to do with a huge cardboard box.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 05:40:52 AM »

Quad City QBs

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 06:21:08 AM »
I went to the Good Smile and Nitroplus thing today. Kind of ironic how Good Smile was giving figmas as prizes, but they're made by Max Factory...
Took the box the prizes were in and got it signed. I really don't know what I'm going to do with a huge cardboard box.

daaaaaaaaaang maybe I should've sprung for the 4-day pass after all

Kiro

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2011, 07:07:33 AM »
I'll get my pics up later, but for now, I have videos!

CPMC part 1
CPMC part 2
Bad Apple!!

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2011, 11:01:50 AM »
This Mokou right next to math4origami?
not unless mooo digivolved into a guy

EDIT: I think I see the really excellent Alice cosplayer I met in there D: her friend was Marisa and they were awesome
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:04:12 AM by noodles »

pineyappled

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2011, 02:05:56 PM »
daaaaaaaaaang maybe I should've sprung for the 4-day pass after all
You don't, the whole thing was damn near sadistic.

e- Oh, and did anyone get pictures of the businessman Kyubey on the third day? I didn't have my camera with me.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »
This one?

Also, I suck at discerning genders from online usernames :V

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »
That's not a coobie

also aw I remember that Gendo

Quad City QBs

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 04:15:53 AM »
No cameras inside the Miku concert? Fine, I'll play your game. But you can't stop me drawin'.

[nsfw]http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=20140692[/nsfw]

Kiro

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2011, 05:21:45 AM »
Pics are finally up.

The full photo album is here. It's mostly the Touhou gathering, part of the Saturday Madoka gathering, and the Touhou panel with a few randoms sprinkled in. The Adel/Ultimecia/Edea trio were outstanding.

Kiro, Mr. Bob, PX

e- Oh, and did anyone get pictures of the businessman Kyubey on the third day? I didn't have my camera with me.
Probably this one.

Stormtrooper Reimu

Touhouvania Sakuya and Remilia

Quad City QBs

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 06:02:09 AM »
Saturday Madoka gathering

nooooo why didn't I know about this

also I figured out why my photos this time around weren't so good, my new lens doesn't have vibration reduction

iMad

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2011, 08:53:21 AM »
Thanks Kiro, none of us are photogenic though.
Talking with you and PX was neat, really wish I could have stayed longer; the beer tower and 25 cent wings was too tempting though.
Hopefully I'll see you guys around later.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2011, 09:41:08 AM »
Mr. Bob looks totally different than I imagined him, I thought he would have had glasses and longer hair, not sure why.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:47:22 PM by Edible »

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2011, 06:19:09 PM »
I wish I knew of an assigned meeting place on Saturday for everyone, I only got to meet with Axman

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »
We all met at the Touhou gathering.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »
Kiro, Mr. Bob, PX
I swear, since I've been around here, I thought Bob was LITERALLY Bob Dole.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2011, 08:30:03 AM »
I wish I knew of an assigned meeting place on Saturday for everyone, I only got to meet with Axman
It's difficult to pinpoint someone you've only seen a picture of.  Then you have to do a meet n' greet to be sure.
I wouldn't have met with anyone from MotK if I hadn't done that.
Axman is a pretty cool cat, I ran into him last year, but not this time unfortunately.

I swear, since I've been around here, I thought Bob was LITERALLY Bob Dole.
We can dream can't we?