Author Topic: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dungeon Boogaloo  (Read 92328 times)

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
Re: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dungeon Boogaloo
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2010, 01:16:09 AM »
And oddly enough, I never, ever found the "short" way in Sprint I

Spoiler:
the short way is the path where theres a Daeva, a line of unseen horrors, then room of 4 fire giants. in that room, theres a 2  glass wall that seperates u from the Orb, but breaking the wall will unleash Tiamat upon you. the short way is merely breaking the wall and killing Tiamat.
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

ebarrett

« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2010, 02:00:30 AM »
Ah, I think I never actually went through
Spoiler:
the room with the Daeva
. I accidentally landed on the
Spoiler:
fire giant room
once because of teleportitis 3 (and died pretty much instantly  :V), but you can see that room from the orb corridor anyway. It should indeed be much easier for a DDAr of Makhleb than taking the long way around. Time to try again!

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2010, 09:15:01 AM »
Ok gang, this run sucked mainly becuase of two reason.... unexpected encounter, and forgetting to set that feature that allows to detect when the extention is about to expire.

As we were left off, Nue was down in the depths of Gehenna as she decided to pressed downward ti the bottom floor

As usual the demons came in large numbers, but with her glaive and haunt she easily put the demons in thier place. :P

Even Unyukkuris were easy pickings!

Afterward Nue decided to rest a bit, and she was at risk of glowing (yes, I still worry about glowing) and her MP was low as well... so she reverted back to normal for a short period of time.

Afterward she recast her spells and waited a bit but then the worst cas senario happened....

2 Unyukkuri and a Serpent of Hell appeared....

Basiclly Nue was hellfired to death before she could teleport.....

Yeah it was completely unexpected....

This was another case of having my mind in the wrong place again. I'm signing up again of course. But hopfully I'll be more prepared next time.

Anyways.... here's the next Crawl mod update
http://www.mediafire.com/?onpa9j1lullfil6

And here's the todo list as it stands: Green means it's done.

Replace abomination with yukkuri abominations
Replace Cerebov's sword with Utsuho's Cannon
Replace Tiamat with Reimu
Replace Shadow Feind with Mima (I decided Yuyuko would work better as Boris mainly due to sprite spacing she wouldn't fit in the shadow feind's space.)
Replace orb of Zot with the Beer of ZUN
Replace grass with sunflowes
Replacing Maud with Nazrin
Replace Death Cob with Minoriko yukkuri
Replace Serpent of Hell with Rukkuto (think about it, nuclear powered maid, hell fire completely ignores fire, seem to fit)
Replaced Orb Guardian with Mannosuke
Changed information about Orb of Fire

0.7 related stuff
Transffer 0.6.1 sprites to 0.7 along with text and so forth
Replace spriggans with fairies
Replace Spriggan Enchantress with Daiyousei
Replace new undead sprites with apporpiate creatures

Debating upon
Debating on replacing Rakasha with Shou
Debating on replacing Cacodemon with Rin Satsuki
Debating to replace certain demons with PC-98 charaters...need possible ideas
Debating on replacing chunks of flesh icon with..... [P]  Yeah you hear right!
Debating on replacing Norbet with Youmu. Need possible suggestion

And the list is the same as always:

Barasia
Maullar
Psieye
Totaku

Now Barasia go at it and CRAWL!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:49:19 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »
Hmm yeah, you really were distracted to sit down and wait while in Gehenna:7. Didn't we have water potions for emergency smoke screen?

Glow... I was in Red Glow a few times with Nue and to be honest she just doesn't care anymore. The Resist Mutations brings the chance down to 10% (and glow odesn't automatically mean mutations in the first place) and she's got mutation resistance in her genes. The number of mutations she has also helps protect. Explosions of magic energy are another matter of course, but you really do need to be in the Red to get that.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2010, 02:43:41 PM »
wow so fast. im kinda busy in uni right now, and its really late at night.
i'll continue my turn tomorrow.

i really dont feel like gong into Gahenna because we have no ice attacks.
heck, i really dont feel like even attempting any of the hell branches. why?
we have no "mechanism" or "engine" or even a viable strategy.

Cocytus  was possible due to our Fire spells.

Tartarus' Ereshkigal/Shiki is not fire resistant so that's possible.
but it seems the shadow fiends can cast dispel undead, so that'll be troublesome.
then again, shadow fiends aren't fire resistance, so Tartarus is cutting it close.

If you can fly and destroy stone, there is translucent stone past the lava lake on either side of the moat providing a possible alternative entry in at least one layout of Geh:7

from knowledge bots.

really? but with no ice spells......i cant even deal much damage against the Fiends. hmm...what to do...

As for Iron City of Dis, it seems its pretty hard with all that iron dragons, iron gargoyles, iron demons and Dispater/suwako.

I would attempt Tartarus, but it seems Totaku hasn't done the sprite edit of the Shadow Fiends into Mima....not to mention Serpent of Hell not yet edited in his list.

all in all, i'm at a lost of what do to besides a FUN dive into PandaZoo, or obvious venture into Tombs.....yeah i might just go try that :P

but even if i try that, theres Maullar and psieye before Totaku can do the edits.

hmm.......im thinking too much. i need sleep so i'll wake up tomorrow and think about it.

« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2010, 02:52:18 PM »
You're thinking too much like a mage. As far as I'm concerned, aside from Tartarus all the Hell levels can be farmed for EXP - by punching things. Killing the bosses is a completely different matter and one I wouldn't contemplate on if it was my turn. Nue needs more skill levels to make up for our really unfocussed growth. Farm more EXP, loot is not so important. Which means Tomb, Abyss, Dis or Zot 1~4.

ebarrett

« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2010, 01:43:36 AM »
You farm for experience in Pan and/or the Abyss, not the Hells. And almost any character can take on any endgame branch - you just have to turn the less beefy ones into part-time ninjas for the branchs which are less favorable to your setup. This could involve changing gods, though, for either increased survivability or added firepower.

Of course, a full-time ninja is even more fun. Also notice that LRD and shatter can be "ninja" spells in my book, as is Lugonu's corruption  :V

As for Iron City of Dis, it seems its pretty hard with all that iron dragons, iron gargoyles, iron demons and Dispater/suwako.
Gargoyles and iron demons are wussies, and there are no iron dragons in the path to the rune. If you fail to come up with a better plan, you can still basically just run in and tele out without worrying about pretty much anything bar tormentors (not "tormenting demons", only tormentors).

and I'm sorry, but savescumming? really?

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
(not "tormenting demons", only tormentors).

but... tormentors do torment, since 0.6

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

ebarrett

« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2010, 06:56:11 AM »
but... tormentors do torment, since 0.6

errr I wanted to say tormenting 1s, fiends, whatever. because they're less nasty  than tormentors in a ninja run - they'll be busy trying to get into melee range or flinging bolts of missing at you instead of tormenting you every turn like the tormen- OH WAIT NECROMUTATION  :derp:

I dislike necromutation so much - even for the extended endgame - that I keep forgetting most people will ONLY run around in the hells if torment-resistant/immune.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2010, 08:30:35 AM »
Totaku, why did you put the suika Fortress in the latest crawl mod?

i ended downloading Suika fortress TWICE, one in the Suika Fortress 3 thread and in the Crawl mod.

:V

Edit: WOOPS.  :blush:

sorry about that. somehow i extracted the suika fortress into the Crawl mod without knowing it.
how embarrasing....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:41:53 AM by barasia »

Totaku

« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:38 AM »
Totaku, why did you put the suika Fortress in the latest crawl mod?

i ended downloading Suika fortress TWICE, one in the Suika Fortress 3 thread and in the Crawl mod.

:V

What are you talking about? I went through the files and everythng is in place. Unless your talking about some of the Suika sprites I used to replace slime creates, then that part would be from Suika Fortress. Otherwise I don't know what you talking about.

I even clicked the file and downloaded it, and I see anything out of the norm.
Now I Twitter

« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »
Yeah it's my first time with necromutation and I can only see myself using it in hell where all staircases are fast exits.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2010, 11:07:46 PM »
WOOT.
it was an intense battle but...within my very short window of free time from uni, i spent 2100 turns and completed Gahenna.

in other words..... Spear da Gundnir Sceptre of Asmodeus GET.

did you know Orb of Destruction was in our sights? it level was "Very Good"
However, once i had my hands on Spear da Gundnir Sceptre of Asmodeus, i knew no conjurations will even compare to this at all.

Its like FREE high level conjuration spells from fire bolts, draining bolts, hellfires for free(maybe not hellfire).
Since all of them only require food cost, and Necromutation means no hunger,this is truly an epic find.
not only that i found some pretty awesmoe unique items, such as Patchouli's HAT (itmakes sense since Remilia is there,  and a Sakuya's KNIFE (which is Spriggan knife, but useless to us unless we want some stealth in our game)

I'm going to finish my run while i'm ahead......or maybe even help you guys clear the way to the last level of the other Hell branches now.....yeah, i'll do just that.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #253 on: July 28, 2010, 12:26:56 AM »
i've got to rush to uni soon, so heres the updates.

I've thought hard and long about what to do and i've decided to go ito Gahenna, since Tartarus still needs some edits from Totaku.
Iron City of Suwako is quite hard i think....

and hence we start of at 190000 turns and will end around 195000 turns
But before i continue, let me say that i disapprove of using a ring of levitation, because....as soon as you take it off, you stop levitation.
i went back to learn levitation and also discovered that Orb of Destruction was in "very good" with ring of Int+6 with staff of wizardry.
so i also learned throw fire to practise some conjurations.
i wnted Recall, but it looks like the rod of demonology is good enough.
i also forgot Regeneration, since its useless.
if i had more spell slots, i'd learn Haste, (but since we have haste wand......maybe not)
why do we have so many frost wands anyway >.>

Woah, i've never seen this layout before.....definitely new.

A few minor enemies late and a horde of ghosts, i come across the rumoured glass windows, wondering if i can break through....

Flan rudely teleports me, apparently going in all guns blazing is what she wants.

going in guns blazing is okay for me, but i prefer with an army. this is why we need recall in a situation like this.

after double checking the glass wals, im dissapointed in that i can't get through. (note, you can do smite attacks INSIDE, so if you see demons inside, do Haunt them, but tahts irrelevant now since i completed this level.)

The front door was guarded by an army of fire gargoyles, which got easily ⑨ed by by freezing wraiths.
and once i got in, it seems i have to retreat. not sure if correct, but i hea from knowledge bots there is more than ONE Serpent of Hell.

As soon as i step away, flandre confuses all of us. DAMN YOU FLAN!

luckily the confusion last only a while and before the Serpent of Hell can hellfire me, i trap it in the hall way with Haunt.
its time to retreat!

WTH! the serpent of hell plowed through them and a fiend was summon to cut me off. Good ambush. i got a little worried now.

Never the less, Haunt spam always works and as long as theres ghost between you and them, they serve as cannon fodder. (not for Unyukurris. they smite target hellfire....just like you!)
Freezing wraiths make short work of all of them!

Grr, let me rest dammit!

and just before i ALMOST died....
FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN~you saved meeeeeee~~~

NOT!!!!,
OUT OF THE FRYING PAN AND INTO THE FIRE!

anyway, i wisely go into the vault to hide while my Haunts deal with them.
it seems im in deep enemy territory suddenly. the rod of discovery confirms i'm near the loots.

Im loving Haunt so far.
Its comfirmed that Nue's Strongest attack is still Haunt. heck, we might win the game with Haunt alone! :moogy:

OH CRAP!  :colonveeplusalpha:

Hah! try summonnig now when theres no more room!

After like 5-6 Haunts(not all at once, i keep doing it to relace losses and keep the room crowded so its only Remila vs ghosts.)
I WIN!

AWESMOE FREE SPELLS (its confirmed! HELLFIRE cost NOTHING)

It even kills komachis in one hit at point blank range.! forget conjuration spells, this is the best!

yeah....what can i say, Nue's just too powerful now with both Haunt + Spear the Gungnir

GG

the book loots wasn't very interesting aside from the spell Flight.
That means we dont have to use te amulet of Control flgiht anymore! i learnt Flight and forgot Levitation.

Theres a good rod, but th Iron Shot would be the only good spell in it since Spear the Gungnir already has better spells.

2100 turns spent and i finish myrun. may as well cleal the paths to the lsat two areas of hell.
WE also got Patchouli's Hat and SAkuya's knife. replacing the useless helmet with a smart Patchouli Hat (you really need to replace the sprite for Hat of Alchemist Totaku, it looks like a purple Terrorist turban)

We enter Iron city of Suwako and kickass with Haunt + Spear the Gungnir.

Sakuya's knife is quite awesmoe too!

After clearing up to Dis:6 we do the same for Tartatrus. Apparently Komachi's geting annoyed.

Spear the Gungnir was made for this occasion.

Oh huuhhuhuuhhuhu

oh well, didn't kill it in one hit, but Sakuya's knife is truly awesmoe enough to sneak past most enemies.
(note, you may get annyed of having to keep swtiching between staff of enchantment to Extend and the knife to infiltrate. we need a macro of some kind to Automatically cast Extend with staff of enchantment, and only GOOD ones, not the bad ones like slow or Haste/Brilliance/DEx.)

I end my turn near 195000 turns.
Good luck Maullar.

Order of business?

1. Train Evocations. so we can use Spear the Gungnir, or Suwako's ring(sine it cost less to cast hellfie, but maybe not smite targetted)
2. finish the game?

Save file uploaded with init.txt as usual. if you already have it yo dont need to replace it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:34:12 AM by barasia »

Quad City QBs

« Reply #254 on: July 28, 2010, 12:42:17 AM »
Give me a day, busy with on-campus interview bidding.

Good job there, though.  This is actually my first time seeing the post-endgame, so it's been exciting.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2010, 01:20:37 AM »
It's amazing how differently Nue can be interpreted, truly fitting for her. To me, she's a fighter and our +Blink +Lev AC+4 ring has no reason ever to be taken off so I saw no point in having levitation memorised. I'd take hits on the front line and then regenerate after using Hell's unique fast-exit staircases. To you, you sit back and Haunt spam, so therefore you have no need for regenerate under normal circumstances to the point where you accept the slow healing.

Constantly switching weapons is the norm for my playstyle - it's why I've reassigned all the hotswap weapons/staves to left-hand keys. 'wczzwa' is second nature to me.

Oh and to people new to the staff of asmodeus - on a botch it will summon a fiend. Be prepared to deal with one when spamming this item.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2010, 03:35:39 AM »
Do note that Nue has 2 levels of Regen mutation that still applies even in Necromutation.
Nue doesn't really heal slowly if you notice carefully in lich form.
using Regen spells in non-lich form merely put her status to regenx3, the speed of heal of a troll.

Fighting is good, that i agree, she can melee fiends and kill them with bare hands in about 5-6 turns. even less with blade hands.
but i simply prefer not to mess with demons one on one, and when opportunity arises, i only melee when they are distracted by ghosts.

Staff of Dispater is guaranteed summon Fiend. thats even more dangerous. but so worth it since it costs much less HP than if we used our ability.

however, since all those are actually summons, simply use Abjuration. (for staff of Asmodeus, theres no mp cost, so you can cast Abjuration, but for staff of Dispater theres mp cost together with moderate hp cost compared to our ability)

Currently Nue has all buffs memorized, such as swiftness, flight, and deflect missile. The point of Extension in 0.6.1 is that you DONT need to memorize them and save spell slots for other spells. (it wont apply in 0.7 so abuse this now!)

but there are countless times i sometimes forget to cast Extension in the heat of battles, and the enchantment runs out, having me to recast them, but that is just carelessness.

ebarrett

« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2010, 03:41:07 AM »
using Regen spells in non-lich form merely put her status to regenx3, the speed of heal of a troll.

Wrong, different sources are cumulative:
Quote from: Henzell
regeneration

1. Increases the rate at which you regain HP per turn, at the expense of more nutrition. Different sources stack and vary in effectiveness. The default hunger rate for most races is 3 nutrition per turn. A ring of regeneration takes that to 6 per turn. Regeneration doesn't work when you're sick; instead it makes Sickness disappear faster.
       2. The base regeneration rate is your maximum hitpoints / 3. If this number is over 20, then divide the result by two and add ten. For example, 100 max health results in a regen rate of 26. RR accumulates every turn and for every 100 RR you gain, you regenerate 1 hp. For 1 hp per turn, 540 health is needed. For 1 hp per 2 turns, 240.
       3. A ring adds 40 to your rr, troll leather armour 30, player mutation 20 per level, and the status effect (spell) 100. What this means is that a single ring of regen or piece of troll leather armour effectively doubles your healing rate (or better) for most characters.
       4. The regeneration mutations conflict with slow metabolism, but do not otherwise affect your nutrition.
       5. It even allows nearly bloodless vampires to regenerate.

« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2010, 07:39:58 AM »
Thank you ebarret. Regeneration the spell greatly speeds up our healing rate no matter what else we have. Given Flandre is impatient, getting back into the fight after resting outside Hell should be done with all due speed. That's why I leave lich form to heal.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2010, 08:15:12 AM »
Ah the knowledge bots. gotta love them.
oh well, strangely enough, i never bother to leave lich form intentionally unless its to restore stat using royal jelly or restore rot.
i guess its just the difference in play styles. personally i find that the inherit regen (apparently 2 levels heal mutation = a ring of regen)  is quite alright. since Haunt does the job, i simply Haunt and the Haunted monster is out of my mind.

As for "sitting back", i dont actually wait for a kill or bother to finish off the kill, i simply leave them when i get the chance.
(therefore even when i say i "cleared the way", do expect lots of enemies that i didn't kill but merely get past them.
my reason for it is to save turns, and to advoid confrontation. i find that in my experience, once you confront a mob, you'll get distracted and before you know it, you get both Xom/Flandre and Hell hostile summons at the same time and get overwhelmed.
it may seem cowardly not to kill the demons, but in my runs, i try to get the runes when prepared :P

leaving hells to heal may be a good strategy but i doubt you can rely on that if you intend to raid the rune since you can't actaully leave mid battle.

i guess due to Nue's multiskills, most styles of playing can work quite well.

« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »
Oh yes, the rune battle is a different matter entirely. Leaving hell to heal is useful when grinding for EXP before the last level. Though for that matter, Zot is an excellent place to train too. Personally I don't even care about the runes until I'm overpowered.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2010, 02:50:56 AM »
Rings of regeneration work in lichform, but somehow we've managed not to come across any :(

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2010, 03:11:20 AM »
the un identified ring i left on the ground in the Hell branch in my loots could be one.....

Quad City QBs

« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2010, 05:02:29 AM »
Sincerest apologies for the delay.  Anyway, welcome back to the show.

After picking up our ring of sustain abilities, it's off to the Tomb for some fairly easy experience.

Now, the great thing about Haunt spam is that using summons to--

"Say... why do you keep talking like you're explaining things to a new player, anyway?"

"It's really weird."

"You don't honestly think anyone following this thread isn't already a better player than you?"

...anyway.  Even Tomb's beastly armies of sphinxes can't stand up to our wraiths.

"You know, we're really the ones carrying this operation at this point.  Maybe we should unionize."

"Don't make me Abjure your asses."

Things are pretty uneventful... until suddenly we're in the sights of three guardian mummies, with no way to fight back.  Fortunately, we're fast enough to just run the gauntlet without taking too many smites.

What I wouldn't give for Fire Storm right about now.

"Hey, never send a fire cloud to do a wraith's job."

So I stair dance the first group of guardian mummies before getting bored and provoking all the rest.

Hey, our hellfire is smite-targeted.  Is that new to 0.6?

We've mostly been leveling Unarmed Combat down here.  Note our new title.

"How about a luchador mask for Nue's next portrait?"

"..."

...Hmm.  This isn't good.

This is a little better.

"....."

And so, the loot:
a lot of gold
various crappy staffs and redundant books
the Advanced Guide to Spellcraft {Lightning Bolt, Cause Fear, Shadow Creatures, Summon Ugly Thing, Teleport Self, Blade Hands}
the ring of Shritrodu {Ice EV+4}
the cursed ring "Skotwut" {Hunger rElec Str+3}
a manual of Long Blades
a Tome of Destruction
Cigotuvi's Guide on Unholy Magic and Infatuation {Animate Skeleton, Corpse Rot, Dispel Undead (would've been nice to have a little earlier), Excruciating Wounds, Control Undead
the scimitar of the Ancients {vamp, +Rage AC+4}
the cursed spear of Upewkuck {slay orc, +Lev rElec}
the amulet of Asucoh {Faith AC+4 EV+7}
the amulet "Qecwocuy" {Inacc +Lev}
a golden Rune of Zot

"Ewww, this book is bleeding!  This is worse than old porno mags!"

I pick up Confusing Touch just because come on, we're an unarmed fighter.

Anyway, it's now around 205000 turns (!)--but before we go, let's check on the damage...

Nice.  Well, here's the dump.  I'm taking a hiatus for now due to on-campus interviewing, so no next-episode preview.

"No, no, no!  You're supposed to have a big fancy trailer for the next season!"

Hey, you turned back to normal again.

"GOD DAMMIT"

« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »
Oh gratz, you finished Tomb! Ha ha, old chap! at Tomb getting glassed.

------

205k turns, I start. I dislike how short we are on recharge scrolls, identify scrolls and heal wounds potions. Oh we have an unidentified wand, looking at our list of known wands this must be Slow. I use it on myself to test: yes it is. Thank you Stasis amulet.

This unknown potion is most probably EXP but let me identify it... ah it's Gain Dex. I shall drink it once I'm out of this form. Oh hey, why isn't our armour fully enchanted? We have plenty of scrolls so I buff our gear.

Ok so there is one last non-infinite place we can farm for more items and lots of EXP: Zot itself. I want to see Suwako too, but I'd really appreciate some fast EXP too. Hell doesn't provide it fast enough.

I forget throw flame and bring a spellbook to memorise Regen when I'm out of this form.

Ok, Nue-sensei (look at her title) meets some unfortunates on her way to Zot:

Sensei punches them so hard, they can't think straight anymore (damn good question: why didn't we learn Confusing Touch before? Was it because of hell?)

A waste of good meat, turned into water. Actually I ought to learn sublimation of blood, we got the book back in Hell. But not now.

Flandre says: party!

A sad sight to see a mighty dragon get killed from behind while it tried to run away.

We just found yet another wand of teleportation...

Nue-sensei just does not care about mere yaktaurs peppering at her from afar now.

Hey Flandre, that's the 2nd time you drain my stats. Having fun?

What a very very convenient arrangement for grinding:

Presenting the unlocking of Zot!

Oh right, this is where the exit of Zot is:

Yeah, a Draconian yields almost as much EXP as a fiend and any lesser demon gives insignificant EXP.

Zot trap puts our stats at a bad place. I go back to Hell and get out of lich form to cure myself. I forget apportation to learn Regen for when I need a quick pit-stop.

Shadow dragons - insignificant in lich form. Gold dragon - Flandre shows off:

Actually it only was confused for 3 turns. As expected of a mighty one. Switching to defensive jewelery for now.

Everything is a push-over to Nue-sensei. Even bone dragons.

Finally a challenge, maybe:

LICHES ARE IMMUNE TO DECAY POTION FUMES~~~

Ah, thanks for sending me to more EXP Flan:

This is a plain deck of summonings. Flan is easily entertained:

Because there is no point holding back on potions anymore:

At first, I was unimpressed Flandre gave me an Ufeteebus to play with. Now this is a litttttle more like it:

It feels really weird to be dealt some 10 damage by a moth. That's a wrath moth alright. This is their true danger though:

Excellent support unit you gave there, Flan:

This time she gives us 360 gold. Uh, what CAN we do with it?

Flandre makes Nue so amazing for one moment, the dragon got dazed before Nue punched it:

Why hello there Orb of Fire. We don't mutate (only rot), it's safe~

Mmm~~~ EXP~~~

What? A scroll we haven't identified yet? It must be Holy Word, I'm not reading it until way later.

Flan, how do you propose I do that? Punch myself in the face?

This is a curse toe:

It's mainly a summoner. For Nue-sensei with Abjuration, it's 8k EXP for free.

1 Dex damage? Is that your definition of suffering Flan?

Pahahaha, for once I do snicker at Flan's antics:

Ok so I farmed Zot 1~4 for EXP, now we can get back to Dis and Pan. I fixed our lack of recharge and identify scrolls and got 3 levels of Unarmed Combat while down there. Let's hope Zot generates more EXP-rich enemies while we disappeared.

We may want to consider Dragon form instead of lich form, especially in Tartarus where lich form is a liability (shadow fiends cast Dispel Undead). Note that we have some very good defensive jewelery and dragon form will give us unmatched fist damage. Regen can be kept perma-extended as we have plenty of food to keep us going. Alternatively, going back to Blade Hands might be worth it. Lich form is a defensive, caster-favoured state.

Edit: Mucked about a bit beyond my turn to see what Blade Hands endgame Nue is like. I see no reason for having Haunt anymore. I plain didn't care about Glow either, even without the anti-mutation amulet - I solo'd Suwako and Siki by liberally extending haste potions/wands and abjuring anything nasty while blade-punching them. Suwako I did while forgetting I had Deflect Missiles available. We have too much EXP to care about being drained. So Totaku, let's see a boss kill now: show us how you tackle Suwako. Oh and as barasia warned us: nothing's been killed on the path to Suwako or Siki.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:49:34 PM by Psieye »

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2010, 01:11:26 AM »
what i simply did is find the stairs down, so you dont have to spend turns finding it.

since its Hell branchs once again, may i suggest forgetting Confusing touch and relearn Apporation?
We still need Necromutation in Dis, but Tar may be a problem.

But Dispel undead is NOT smite targetted.

hence they are no more dangerous than regular fiends who can't smite target hellfire.

JUST HAUNT SPAM!

Totaku

« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2010, 01:20:02 AM »
Ah well, I'm going to go ahead the tell you that I'm done with the run. But I'm busy working on the sprites once again, so I'll probably be another day or two before I post the results. All I'll tell you is...

1. I survived
2. I spent 6000 turns which roughly was borderline. Because of alot of unexpected things... But I think you'll like it.

Anyways here's where the mod's coming right now:

And here's the todo list as it stands: Green means it's done. Yellow means some of it is done, but some of it was dumped as well. Red means idea was dumped.

Replace abomination with yukkuri abominations
Replace Cerebov's sword with Utsuho's Cannon
Replace Tiamat with Reimu
Replace Shadow Feind with Mima
(I decided Yuyuko would work better as Boris mainly due to sprite spacing she wouldn't fit in the shadow feind's space.)
Replace orb of Zot with the Beer of ZUN
Replace grass with sunflowes
Replacing Maud with Nazrin
Replace Death Cob with Minoriko yukkuri
Replace Serpent of Hell with Rukkuto
(think about it, nuclear powered maid, hell fire completely ignores fire, seem to fit)
Replaced Orb Guardian with Mannosuke
Changed information about Orb of Fire

replacing Rakasha with Shou
Replacing Cacodemon with Rin Satsuki
Replace Pit Feind with Shinki
Replace sixfilthy with Rikako
Replace Iron Devil with Rika (with Evil Tank Sigma)
Replace Cursed Skull with HIna Kagiyama ( I would preffer cursed toe, but sprite is too small!)

0.7 related stuff
Adjust some sprites due to sprite tweaks
Replace Iron Imp with mini evil eye sigma
Replace Giant bat with Remiya yukkuri

Debating upon
Debating to replace certain demons with PC-98 charaters...need possible ideas Only planning to make some, still open to suggestions
Debating on replacing chunks of flesh icon with..... [P]  Yeah you hear right! Dumping because of pixel limitations
Debating on replacing Norbet with Youmu. Need possible suggestion Doesn't fit character

So yeah, I'll be posting in the next few days.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:29:44 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Totaku

« Reply #267 on: August 02, 2010, 01:09:57 AM »
Ok ladies and gentelmen, I got through with my modding....pretty much for 0.6.1. So now I can begin the transfer to 0.7.1. This will still take likely a few days of work so I will suggest still going about  Rune hunting for the time being.... since this will involve transfering sprite remaking and also working on sprites for 0.7.1. You'll see what I have left on the list following after the update:

When we last left off Nue she was in hell still trying to collect the Runes, but she decided she would go check out some other places first...

Check out what she missed in Floor 26 and 27!

Like for example... the slime den!

Nue spent her time playing with the all the slimes in the color of the rainbow pretty much here. Thankfully no corrosion either!

She also find out she has a +4 +10 spriggan knife! awesome!

I dont think anyone brought up mention of these guys, these are deep trolls, they are weaker than most trolls but make up for it in thier numbers...course being that this place was mainly corridors made thier fights really pathetic.

Also Nue spent her time mainly punching everything to death while in Lich form!

Now we head down to hell once more and go into Dism the metal capital of hell.

This hell is pretty much a mix bag. Full of all different types of hellish citizens, I almost view it as "Hell's shopping district"

Why hello there Letty! And then suddenly Flan decides to confuse everyone for the lulz. Yeah....

Needless to say, despite being confused Nue manage to punch out letty in one hit. Hell yeah!

And because of hell, I sometimes loose my movement, and of course Flan finds it funny so what does she give Nue? Money!

Crap, there's Elly. Yukka's old bodyguard.

Good heads up is to be vigilant of her actions, as Elly is extremly quick and is well known to slice you to ribbons with little to no warning. And will use haste just to further making your killing swift and quick!

Needless to say, Punching the crap out of her while on swift and in lich form still makes you look awesome.

And then every so often the servant of hell came out and of course Flan decided to send her in to. Talk about fun...

Well shoot, what's this? Mima?!

Mima will mainly blast you with dark energy and will use torment.... course since Nue's a lich that make her defenseless! She can at best dispell undead. So Mima becomes a punching bag, end of story....

So then we start blazing through the floor one by one....till we reach the last floor of Dis....

Talk about a welcoming party!

Eventaully with the use of haunt and punching the crap out of everything nothing was safe!
Eventually Nue cleared out the area and then decided to go look into the the big iron fort.

Cousre the fort was crawling with loot too! And metal gargoyals.... go figure...

And Iron dragons!

Iron dragons, are walking tanks pretty much. Take alot of damage, hit hard and can breath out metal splinters that can hurt you since it's made of metal. Course being a lich doesn't make it all that bad. :P

As usual, Nue punches the crap out of the dragons!

And after much much punching later Nue's unarmed combat is now 25!

Course we find some books along the way too...

Not that it's nessessary....

After more punching...

Now Nue has 235 HP!

Nue also finds a book of displacement. Mmm.... ok interesting... this is debatable, but not entrely nessessary since Nue can punch the crap out of anything.

Now wwe run into another Lich who summons a bunch of Touhous against Nue. Course the Lich a fisting he'd never forget. :P

I will say that at times Nue did turn back to normal, but it was rare.... And this was mainly to show you that I gave Nue her 3rd set of wings. Since she's level 27 so she's now complete. :P

Then Nue runs into Suwako. Pretty much the of the area. Was it game time? Oh hell yes it was!

What?! WHY NOW FLAN?!!

And just as Nue tried to go back to dance with Suwako....

Seems hell doesn't want Nue to play with Suwako...

So for the next 1500 turns...Nue spend her time trying to find her way out of Abyss land....AGAIN!!!

We find this creepy cloacked demon.... who wasn't all that tough....

We get stuck in an area within the abyss where Nue can't go anywhere! Teleport!

Find a scroll of aquierment! Make a wish for jewllery.

Bleh, USELESS!

We play with fire, and hell fire!. :P

And then finally....FREEDOM!!!!

I also forgot to mention, Nue got struck somehow by a glowing eye and got some mutations...
She now is weakened, her body is decomposing and something else.... but I didn't see the mutations.... So I'm going to assume they either...

A: Didn't happen

or B: Nue's Lich form nulls it out.

Now it's time to go fist a frog!

Needless to say, even though I haunted Suwako and started punching her, I was surprised how touch she turned out to be.... time to take out the big guns.... HASTE WAND!!!

Suwako can use a varity of spells but is known for her steel bolts and crystal spear the most which can HURT!

Course once hasted, Suwako didn't stand a chance.....

oh and before I forget, Suwako's descpription

And so like that the forggy goddess gets fisted to death by Nue and we get the wand as a prize. Meanig the road is now clear to get the Iron Rune of ZUN.

SO here we are, the loot Suwako left behind....

Not all that grand sadly....

Only this ring was slightly interesting...

Wanna keep it? You be the judge...

Either way, Nue now has the rune and I spent 6000 turns just trying to get to Suwako after an abyss accident.

So you can go and take the rune back....

Only Tarturus remains....and Pandemonium. It's these two locations that rest the final 6 runes. One in Tarturus and 5 in Pandemonium. The worse it yet to come and who knows what else we'll find...

As I mentioned back at the beginning, I had a lucky weekend this time and finally got everything for 0.6.1 finished!

So this is the final mod for Touhou Crawl for 0.6.1
http://www.mediafire.com/?xdvwhmwqohpehbb
And now all that remains is to apply the mods needed for 0.7.1.

0.7.1 related stuff
Adjust some sprites due to sprite tweaks

Replace Iron Imp with mini evil eye sigma
Replace Giant bat with Remiya yukkuri

This will likely take a few work days to put together so keep going after the remaining runes, Nue has proven to be awesome as a fist punching lich. :P Keep her that way! She should max out on unarmed combat shortly!

ANyways turn order is still the same like always...

Barasia
Muallar Maullar
Psieye
Totaku

Get cracking and get those runes! I'll still try to work on the remaining mod stuff while you all do that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:30:25 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

« Reply #268 on: August 02, 2010, 01:24:41 AM »
Oh we are definitely keeping that ring. It's our only regen ring. Excellent job on bringing Unarmed Combat to rank 25, now we attack at maximum speed. Somewhat surprised you decided to fight Suwako in lich form but Nue is powerful enough afterall.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #269 on: August 02, 2010, 02:29:27 AM »
Final Mod you say....
im thinking of quickly finishing the game.

we have 2 main weapons, Staff of Asmodeus, Staff of Dispater. i plan to train Evo enough to be able to hell fire spam.
it appears Hellfire from Asmodeus costs nothing, while hellfire from Dispater cost less hp with some mana.
this makes hellfire spam possible!
these two staves are our main range weapons!

and yes we should ALWAYS stay in lich form until the final Zun run, because we dont to lose our awesmoe rFire+3 mutation and regenx2 mutation.

other deviations would be finding Yukari Gap spell so when we grab the Beer of Zun, we can insta win it.
will do the run tonight and finish Tar and the first few levels of Pandamonium.