Author Topic: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dungeon Boogaloo  (Read 92450 times)

Re: Crawl Relay Part 2: Dungeon Boogaloo
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »
Do potions mean anything when in lich form with haste and heal wands? It's a very good opportunity to convert our useless ammo pots into awesome decay potions. Mind, I would feel safer grinding Abyss first to get some more recharge scrolls. Pandemonium's best for grinding items (actually no, Ziggurat is) but you gotta be ready for the Big 4 unless you don't mind forfeiting unique runes.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2010, 12:14:22 AM »
ok By popular vote, Haunt + Butterfly Spam it is.

i will include the init.txt file with teh saves.
Whats new you ask?
Bascially, the game STOPS YOU when any enchantment starts to fade.
So....As soon as teh Game stops you, it means the enchantment WILL TIME OUT if yuo dont cast Extension.
a bit annoying to have your Auto-Explore interrupted, but Constant Lich form is worth it.

BTW, keep Amulet of STATIS ON.
you really dont want Haste nor Slow in your enchantments.

Invisible and Might is pain to have since it causes magic contamination, but they dont last long, like......HASTE!

Also:
SUMMON UGLY THINGS.
they rock, since all those FOEs have all sorts of flavours.
Also.....Summon Aboms are good too, with ring of sustain abilities + Haste they make quite a powerful army.

But it appears,ghost spam wins ouytt because they are all torment resistance
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

ebarrett

« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2010, 02:06:57 AM »
BTW, keep Amulet of STATIS ON.
you really dont want Haste nor Slow in your enchantments.

You can haste normally and then put on stasis for a turn just for casting extension so it doesn't extend haste while keeping you in lichform and whatever else you want extended that won't make you glow like a christmas tree.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2010, 04:12:13 AM »
So now Nue can sacrafice a tiny fraction of health to gain MP. This can be very useful!

Nice, I was going to pick up Sublimation of Blood but it looks like that's no longer necessary.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2010, 07:10:46 AM »

You can haste normally and then put on stasis for a turn just for casting extension so it doesn't extend haste while keeping you in lichform and whatever else you want extended that won't make you glow like a christmas tree.

thanks i'll take that tip in mind. when i get back from uni, i'll continue my run on Saturday.
Haunt spam and Cocytus run it will be then.

« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2010, 07:47:57 AM »
Nice, I was going to pick up Sublimation of Blood but it looks like that's no longer necessary.
It's still useful if we have spellslots to spare. Consuming meat chunks is much faster in recovering mana, unless this mutation changed since the 0.3 days.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2010, 02:48:58 AM »
i finish my run. posting save file in advance, and will post story later

Edit: PLEASE NOTE init.txt file in that attachment.
replace it with your init.txt file in yuo settings folder.
what it does is Stops you when any enchantment is about to end. its very important to "zz" extension as soon as it happens.

Tip: when you have NO GLOW, cast "zz" 3 times so you wont get annoying interrupted often.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:51:36 AM by barasia »

ebarrett

« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2010, 03:49:14 AM »
Edit: PLEASE NOTE init.txt file in that attachment.
replace it with your init.txt file in yuo settings folder.
what it does is Stops you when any enchantment is about to end. its very important to "zz" extension as soon as it happens.

uuuuhhhh

the setting in that init.txt is "force_more_message = You have a feeling this form", but unless I'm really messing up something here that is the message for when you cast/recast a transmutation and it won't last much - this is somewhat rare and when it happens you are already stopped! You want "force_more_message = Your transformation is almost over", which is the message you get when you're walking around and a transmutation is about to wear off. By the way just copying the line (minus the quotes) pretty much anywhere into the init.txt file is fine, no need to overwrite the entire thing.

I'd also suggest adding "force_more_message = You are starting to lose your buoyancy" - completely gets rid of the chance of a freak water/lava accident. My settings at CAO also have force_more_message for "Your time is quickly running out" and "Your life is in your own hands again", which are the messages for Death's Door expiring - if you ever use that spell with a future char, you really don't want it to wear off without you noticing it.

edit: hurr durr missed "travel_stop_message = duration:" and "force_more_message = duration:"
to each his own, I guess - my head would explode if ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING wearing off caused a forced stop.  :V
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:52:49 AM by ebarrett »

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2010, 05:00:47 AM »
So lets continue my run.
From where i left off, nue has evolved quite a bit. she gained the ability to Channel mana for some hp cost.
ideally, i prefer staff of channelling due to no hp cost, but this ability is in "Excellent" so its a more RELIABLE method to gain mana.

second of all, she has REgen X 2 mutaion, so its alright. combined with Regen spell, this makes her Regen X3 which quite a sight.

but she has bad mutations such as anger, screaming and teleportitis,as well as othor minor annoying mutations.

not to mention the upcoing upgrade to this reality to 0.7, is imperative we finish this run ASAP.

How do we prepare for our Hall of Zun run?
Necromutation of course!

It turns out that Hell stash doesn't have Necromicon, so i return to Lair to get it.
I use Ctrl+F "staff of wizardry" but it didn't turn up in Hell(because its under other staffs) so i wasted turns going to Slimepits to get one.

With a staff of Wizardry and ring fo  wizardry, Necromutation was in "good"
i wonder if we had rings of INT, so i used Ctrl+F.
it turns out we have a neglected ring of INT in D:14, so i check it out and it as a +6 ring of INT!!!!

Thus, bringing our Necromutation to: "great"
Haunt is also "Excellent" so its a good deal.

I realise that Since we are in lich form, there wont be any more mutations, so i better try to get better mutations.
We were lucky since we are in "teddy bear" status.
or maybe i truly am kucky this time around, as i only got GOOD mutations and Cancelled all bad mutations.
Well, not consecutively.
i drank 14 mutation potions.....and after some bad mutations and cancels later, this is the result

Nue gained 3 Fire resistance levels (she lost one midway, but regained it again)
she cancelled Screaming, Teleportitis, even rage,
she also got rid of small minor mutations such as muscle stiffness, clumsiness and lost some scales
she got Robust 10%
and finally manage to lock in the result with Resist mutation+1

i decided to stop the Mutation Roulette then.

After all that, we cast Lich form and other possible buffs to get...

(note the picture is D:14 and the spot Nue stands is exactly where i foudn the +6 ring of INT)

At 176000 turns Nue is ready to go to Cocytus.
we make some spce in our inventory for loots. i also bring Necromicon jsut in case....

InCocytus:4 where Psieye fought slimes, we encounter a new area.

Also, Spamming ghosts is awesmoe. A vampire reminds me that i need to get Abjuration so i had to return back ip to get it.

Cocytus:7!!!!!!
I hven't seen this new area before.
it must be a new Layout of 0.6.1

Before i continue i remember an important habit from Patchouli-Life Full-Life Consequences episode.\
how did i forget to "Look up the last bosss from the internet" !!!!

Apparently Antaeus/Yuugi has changed since 0.5.
the most important change is.......SWIMMING!
hence we can no longer rely on keeping distance across a lake, or even counting on making Yuugi DROWN, because she cant.
Also, back in 0.5, Yuugi CAN see invisible.
Now she CANT. i had hope to use Invisible, but with our enchantments, i dont want any more Glowing.

A Trivia: Cocytus is a reference to The Greek Myth of the final level of Hells where there is a river Styx.
In ancient mythology, Cocytus was one of the rivers in Hades, with the most famous one being the Styx. In Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy, Cocytus is the ninth and final circle of Hell, where traitors are imprisoned in its frozen waters along with Satan.
from Crawl wiki.

It would appear that this layout corresponds to that myth. Also, it reminds me of Cirrno's lake, since i see so many cirnos.....

Apparently, you will have to do ALOT of water crossing, and on the other side of the rivers are abunch of enemies.
mostly small weak ones, but there always seem to be dragon zombies and skeletons, but also quite a lot of ice dagons.

Sticky Flame and Haunt does wonders since i make the ice dragon continually get dmg, while my Haunts create a traffic jam.

Do note, Sticky Flame works on Demons and Zombies/Skeletons, but not on Ghosts, even if its an freezing wraith.
also, it doesn't work for anything INSIDE water, so shark zombies dont have much effect.

My god, im totally loving Haunt Spam.
Its one thing trying to kill lots of enemies using conjurations,
its another thing, defeating an entire army using only 1 or 2 Haunt casts, which costs 6 spell mana each.

If you use Staff of Necromancy, you get DOUBLE powerups, since lich form gives a powerup for free. that summons lots of ghosts and more powerful ones.

Flandre helps me gain some distance for free. ut my ghosts get left behind.  :ohdear:

A door!
that means loots and a battle coming up

made a bad mistake, using Fireball, it alerted ALOT of enemies. i quickly dash into the vault and find something cool. a rod of Discovery!
but an Ice fiend and ice giant made me drop it and blink away, since handling both of them at the same time is troublesome.
using Haunt to help me out, Nue defeated all of them easily.
Haunt is entirely important in crowded areas, as it helps turn the tide of the battle when you are over whelmed.

The loot wasn't very interesting since i bet we have them already, BUT the Rod of Discovery is a nice find. not a very useful rod, but it offfers some nice utility, (they removed Mgic mapping  >:( )

the next area of loot was quite bare

it had a ring mail of awesmoeness but we can't use it since it interferes with spell casting.

The next area of loot is COINS COINS COINS COINS!
i shamelessly raid Komachi's Coffers.

OMG TRAFFIC JAM.
Komachi seems to return with a vengence for me raiding her coffers.
the random critterrs are the doing of a vampire.....i dont have the mana for consecutive abjurations so i saved it for Haunt

With a single Haunt to block the passage, i make my escape(using blink, i tele back out), and take another route.

WTF IS THAT!?

its a yukkuri ABOMINATION......
seriously Totaku, yukkuris is alreaady an abomination, and you had to make an ABOMINATION OUT OF AN ABOMINATION.

a sticky flame killed it quickly as Nue tried her hardest to cast Selective Amnesia to delete that image frorm memory.

The loot inside was a book of Conjuration[fire] and a good cloak of MR.

sadly, no Bolts of fire, as we raelly need it. fireball is good, but its too loud. Bolts of fire is best for a quiet assault.

CRAP, that was a dead end, so the only place left to go is the small choke point of traffic jams.

After running past that horde, it seems theres a rod among the stash and an unknown ring.
i really should focus on killing those in the room but im curious about that rod.

another awesmoe rod.....so i decided to try out Summon Demons.

:( That sucks. both summons were bad summons. the rod has failed me due to Nue's crappy evocations. perhaps its only good for Imps, and emergency Abjuration/Recall.

Beating all of them slowly with Haunt and unarmed combat, it seems we have come to the end of stage. it seems pretty close to the Boss fight.

An ice Statue guarding the area is characteristic of a final Vault. regardles, 2 Haunts later.....

For some UNFANTHOMABLE REASON. my Necromutaion timed out. perhaps i forgot to cast "zz" some where.......
LUCKILY i brought the Necromicon so i learned it and re cast it.

Returning to the statue, im surprised how powerful only TWO haunts are.
i didnt even get to touch the statue.

Boss yuugi fight! Lets go! with only 1200 turns left, lets kick some ass!

Yuugi's Description. thats one long Edit Totaku.

YES YUUGI CAN SWIM! there goes that old strategy of spamming from the middle of the lake....
I retreat, since Yuugi seems to catch up pretty quickly.

Note: sticky flame workson Ice fiends since they fly, but it doesn't work on Yuugi if shes in the water!

OMG, im out of mana, and she's catching up! i really dont wanna melee on oni.
but i can't cast Haunt either since it takes turns to channel mana.
(Yuugi plows through butterflies like......well....BUTTER! so that useless too)
RUUUUUUUUUUUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:getdown:

OUCH. Yuugi punch me only TWO times, and bought my hp down to dangerous levels.
i had to use Wand of Healing.
by that time, i had enough mana for TWO haunts and stickyflame.
i make my escape wile my ghosts battle her.

After recovering a little it, i return with some ghosts(i ran into a samll demon, so Haunt spam and i get an army of ghosts)
i found Yuugi and.....
OMG!
shes "almost dead!"

:o

and that was just TWO haunts and a retreat!......or maybe it was the Sticky flames? who knows.

In the words of Patchouli-Life Full-Life consequences...
ITS TIME TO ENDS TIS ONES AND FOR ALL!

in retrospect, How did Yuugi go from Moderate hp to almsot dead?
was it because of Two haunts? or just sticky flames? or both?

jut now Yuugi plowed through all the ghosts easily.
so Haunts may not always work.
i suspect....it was the SHADOWWRAITH. in the previous 2 haunts, a Shadow Wraith was present.
Shadow Wraith are basically INVISIBLE ghosts, and since Yuugi can't see invisible, that may have worked in our favour.
Shadow Wraiths are rare summons but seem to come if you use both Lich form and Staff of Necromancy.

Anyway, back to Looting, 2 ice statues guard the area.

A Haunt for Each one (thats 2 haunts) ensure quick victory in TWO TURNS. (note the staff of Necromancy and a  summoned Shadow Wraiths)

RUNE GET!

Getting the Rune means we can control Teleport now! yay.

FUUUUUUU----
i forgot Book of Spatial Translocations and i didn't learn control tele!!!!
:getdown:

nevertheless, i had ring of teleport, so i can just TELE SPAM until i'm near the entrance.
with only 800 turns left it should be enough.

The white dots on the map show how much i've tele's
Also i come across somethng dangerous.

ELLY!

i cant afford to make more risk at this late in my run, so i continued my Tele Spam. i finally got to reasonable distance to the Exit after some ten or so Tele

My loot is seperated as shown. ended turn near 180000 turns.

Orderof business

1. make sure you replace the init.txt file
2. LEARN CONTROL TELE
3. LOOKUP THE LAST BOSS ON THE INTERNET
http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/bots

Nue is raedy to Go to Halls of Zun.
Better do it soon so we can try out 0.7!!!!

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2010, 05:20:34 AM »
sorry for double post, but i must say that in Lich form, Regen, Blade hands, Stoneskin all dont work.
you may also want to cast Haste, but i forgot it to make space.
i dont think its good to cast Haste,but the strategy by eBarrett seems to work.

if you wish, re learn Haste again, and ALWAYS put on amulet of statis after casting haste, so you don't Extend it accidentally.
Hasting your Ghosts seem abit redundant, snce You can use the mana to spam more ghosts.

However Hasting summoned Abomimnations seem like a good combo back in the day of Patchouli-Life Fulllife consequences.

Its up to you if you intend to continue with non-lich form for the sake of Dragon form or blade hands though.
But keep Necromicon jsut in case you need Lichform.
always use Staff of Wizardry to cast Necromutation.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2010, 05:30:24 AM »
Well I'll be....0.7 is out.... looks like I need to make some serious overtime with the sprites... I haven't even finished all of them yet. Let's at least get through hell first. If we go to the hall of ZUN all your going to see here is an orb ( I want to replace it with a nice beer bottle). Plus I still have to remake Tiamat. There's only one Touhou that would fit this unique.....

its a yukkuri ABOMINATION......
seriously Totaku, yukkuris is alreaady an abomination, and you had to make an ABOMINATION OUT OF AN ABOMINATION.

And I can make them an abomination out of an abomination out of an abomination ect ect.

Well either way, I also plan to replace all the abominations with yukkuri abominations. It'll allow you all to take it easy even further. XD Or maybe not?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:38:17 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2010, 06:56:35 AM »
My goodness that really does throw off our schedule. I still want to hit Pandemonium before Halls of ZUN. Even if it's just as a tourist to see the Chireiden cast with no intent to actuallly beat Okuu (Orin is manageable with lich form). We can skip Tartarus if we want to rush.

Totaku

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2010, 07:12:52 AM »
I say we just visit as many of the areas as we can and get the runes, I am not ready yet for 0.7 yet despite the fact that it has been released. I still have sprites to work on for here. Plus I have to replace some things in 0.7 to add flavor. We still got 3 more corners of hell. The tomb (with haunt it should be easy),  The abyss and Pandemonium. Surely we can go collect some runes right?

My to do list in terms of spirtes: Green means it's done.

Replace abomination with yukkuri abominations
Replace Cerebov's sword with Utsuho's Cannon
Replace Tiamat with Reimu
Replace Shadow Feind with Mima (I decided Yuyuko would work better as Boris mainly due to sprite spacing she wouldn't fit in the shadow feind's space.)
Replace orb of Zot with the Beer of ZUN
Replace grass with sunflowes
Replacing Maud with Nazrin
Replace Death Cob with Minoriko yukkuri

0.7 related stuff
Transffer 0.6.1 sprites to 0.7 along with text and so forth
Replace spriggans with fairies
Replace Spriggan Enchantress with Daiyousei
Replace new undead sprites with apporpiate creatures

Debating upon
Debating on replacing Rakasha with Shou
Debating on replacing Cacodemon with Rin Satsuki
Debating to replace certain demons with PC-98 charaters...need possible ideas
Debating on replacing chunks of flesh icon with..... [P]  Yeah you hear right!
Debating on replacing Youmu with Norbet Need possible suggestion
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:04:56 AM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2010, 07:21:09 AM »
The tomb (with haunt it should be easy

With Rod of Discovery, its made even easier as you wont run into ZUN traps or alarms unexpectedly.

maybe we'll wait for 0.7.1 if it has some bugs.
but i'll go try out 0.7 to see what new Demon mutations are available this time. it would appear its visually pleaasing too!

Edit: here are the changes

http://crawl.develz.org/main/0.7.0.txt

Also...

Extension only extends spells that you know.

ARENT WE LUCKY WE ARE STILL IN 0.6.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also the God tweaks make m wanna try Zin and Fedhas again.
it could be a rumour but i saw in th request section,that a patch has been made where Decomposition for Fedhas has chance for spawning Strawberries!!!! that means free Oklob plants all the way!!!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:29:48 AM by barasia »

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2010, 07:34:37 AM »
Strawberry spawns on decomposition? That's quite something, reminds me of the farming god in Elona. There is one demonspawn mutation which gets SICK with the lantern of shadows.

Quad City QBs

« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2010, 09:15:39 AM »
Welcome back to the show!  Now that we have a shiny new form, it's time for another new portrait--

"Yo."

But Yukari isn't--

"I like this."

That's not--

"It's stylin'."

Whatever.  We learn Control Teleport and grab a ring of sustain abilities for our next foray into Hell--Tartarus, the realm of zombies, skeletons and bad smells in general.

"Good thing liches can't smell.  ...Liches can't smell, right?"

Necromutation is nice and all, but times like this make me miss Regeneration.

"Oh, it's not so bad."

"Hell?  More like hellishly boring.  I've been to high school Halloween dances with more action than--"

"Ooh, that looked like a nasty spill."

"..."

"Nue?  Are you okay?"

"Ahhhhhh!  Guh...!  This isn't... funny... any more... getting... dark..."

"Oh, fancy meeting you here.  ...Is that Sara?  I'm serious, it's kind of hard to tell now."

"OW!  What's the big idea?!"

Aaaaaand that brings an end to our Extension train.  Fortunately I re-memorized our enchantments because I carelessly let them time out I knew something like this would happen.

"God d--I mean, good on you for being prepared."

A Momoko, a yukkuri based after the celestial Tenshi.  They mainly serve under the shining one and while they are armed to use divine powers in combat.  The one thing they truly desire is to feel pain.  Because just like the real Tenshi, they are masochists.

"...huh."

"Yeahhhhh."

We defeat the Angel, and happily don't eat a cleansing flame from TSO in retribution.  Also, we find a EV+1 Dam+2 randart ring.  Yawn.

"You said it--ooh, what's that?"

See?  Something good came out of this trip after all.

"I'd like to see you come out here, all with your North Face and your dumb bird-listening hat that you think works."

Uncalled for.  Anyway, a little while later we find our way back to Tartarus.

"I hope you didn't forget anything."

"Oh, you know... just some wraiths.  Who cares?  I can get more."

";_;"

"God, it's like Dead Rising in here."

"That wasn't a complaint, mind you."

And we leave off here.  Here's the dump.  Can we get a next-episode preview, guys?

"Sure.  Next time, I go kick some ass and see what my last mutation--"

"--will--"

"Oh, now look what you did!  My transformation ran out while I was chit-chatting with the audience!"

That's hardly--

"Forget it.  I'll be in my trailer."

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

Totaku

« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2010, 09:53:45 AM »
Nice we snagged the Abyss rune while performing our tarturus run! This could go by very quickly!

Anyways, here's something for you all. I don't know if we're going to see abominations much now that we killed over the abyss. But here's a good preview of my abominations.

Don't they look lovely? <3 You can hear thier screams as if they are saying... "kill me easy". Well that's another one off the list. This was probably the big hurdle I wanted to overcome.... so now the rest should come easier...
Now I Twitter

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »
i like the Aya-yukkuri joined to the Hatate yukkurri at the hips. (is it Hatate?)

Aaaaaand that brings an end to our Extension train.  Fortunately I re-memorized our enchantments because I carelessly let them time out I knew something like this would happen.

not sure what you mean, but even with Haste, just put on Statis amulet, and recast Extension 3 times.
that will make sure Haste runs out first then you can remove Statis amulet.

« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2010, 11:32:01 AM »
185k turns, I start. 1 turn later, I see a yaktaur intruder. Lich-fu martial arts kills it. Now then... get rid of all scrolls, why do we have Levitation memorised (we got a ring for that) and load up on evaporation ammo in case I need smoke screens. Ugh, Evaporation is all the way back at the Hive. Let's go...

Since I'm expecting no loot until the bottom floor, why not take every water pot that was at Hive? Let's go!

Oh ok, we don't have room for haste. That's fine, we got the wand instead. Set the init.txt to prompt me when Lichform is running out and Lv 26 Nue is good to take on the fires of hell.

A Hellion. No wait, it's an Unyukkuri.

It died before the mummy due to a freezing wraith. You know, it feels really weird that fire-vulnerable mummies are all over Gehenna.

Oh ok Flan, you want to play hard:

I really do want to hit Pan/Abyss more for heal wounds potions and recharge scrolls. But that can wait. The powers of Hell say otherwise:

A dragon caller:

Abjuration removes that problem. The Green Death, er Medicine:

Ok I'm out of Abyss. Tell you what, I'm gonna go out of Gehenna, let the glow subside, then resume the Extension spam. Swap robes while I'm at it too. Full anti-mutation resists, let's do this.

Being a plaything is hard:

Mmm yeah, that's hell alright:

WITNESS NUE'S FINAL ABILITY!

Hell Hogs. In 0.7, they leave behind corpses! They're also unusually rich in EXP too.

Focussing training on martial arts. Uh what?

Aren't you out of place? Though actually, as we aren't prepared for fire combat at all, it's a very good place to spawn. Too bad lich form completely negates anything it could do.

Ah excellent, we're at Beloved Toy status.

More more! Give me more EXP to train lich-fu! Party time!!

Gu... Hellfire still hurts as it ignores conventional fire resist. Gonna go back and heal for a while. Ah let necromutation end, it's not as if I'm planning on forgetting it and casting something else. Actually, I'm going to go learn regeneration for these off-times. Sticky Flame isn't what I need, I need to save turns so Flan doesn't get bored.

This would be a scary sight if it wasn't for our ultimate fire resistance:

A reminder that Flan is on the same timer as Hell:

I am the superior lich! I will demonstrate it by not bothering to cast!

Oh and another lich one floor down. Free EXP if they don't bother summoning~

Fly + Swift = ridiculous +Move speed. Ok a fiend bathed me in hellfire, regen pit stop and back to the frey~

Lava snakes do magma damage, which means fire resist only partially counts.

Bastard Hellion, got 6 Hellfires in. This is what I get for not going back to heal on the spot:

Troubling. Luck favours me, one punch kills the fiend, now to get out of here. Pit stop, regen, resume.

Flandre has given us Ring of Fire:

Let's see how far I can extend it. Uh... not very long at all. Glow was high and the extension lasts only a few turns for RoF.

What? Loot? Before the last floor? A single teleport scroll, but this is still pretty unusual.

Ok, my turn's over. Farmed Gehenna for EXP, I'm standing on top of some stairs for the last floor. Good luck with Remilia, Totaku.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:55:37 AM by Psieye »

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2010, 11:55:29 AM »
your pictures......

« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2010, 11:56:46 AM »
You should know by no-- oh wait, you weren't following this thread frequently when you were travelling. I upload the save first and then the pictures afterwards.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2010, 12:19:03 PM »
well that last ability sucked even if Nue can cast torment, Lich form disallows it.
i was hoping for the more powerful "gain power from death and dstruction" mutation, equivalent to Makleb's gain hp as you kill.
but since Nue hit the Level 27 maark, why not lets jsut finish the game and do Halls of Zun....

« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »
There's nothing to be gained from rushing. 0.7 Touhou mod won't be done until Totaku has had quite a lot more time. Let's enjoy what he's got for us now while we wait for the last of the sprites.

Totaku

« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »
Yes please let me have some time, if I can get all the things in my list done, which I show above, I could be able to launch 0.7  right away after we finish this game.  But if we just dive for the beer, you'll be waiting a bit. I've got several things to do on the list, and I would like to get them done. If I'm lucky enough, I can get half of them done this turn. But that's only if I have enough time. I will do my run first as usual, and then from there, you'll be waiting at least a day or two before I post the next update along with wether or not Nue succeeds in getting another rune.

But yes, for right now please go after the runes, until I get everything ready for 0.7.
Now I Twitter

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »
HELLL YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH >:D

Edit: this is about the dungeon sprint "Red Sonja"

Demon spwan mutations are epic, BUT what REALLY broke this game is DISTORTION WEAPONS.
My spriggan assasin found a dagger of distortion held by Sonja, and i used it to break the game.

To win, you only need 2 main things.
Apporation/levitation
Wand of Digging/Disintegration.

Spoiler:
Becaus theres two main ways to get the orb, 1 is to do the sprint, and kill everything in your way, the other is to get it midway by blasting through double glass walls and apporate  it from across deep water.

be warned. if you use the quicker way, you'll have to deal with Tiamat, 4 fire giants, and a Daeva.
All which were ⑨ed by the dagger of distortion.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:52:55 AM by barasia »

ebarrett

« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »
Spoiler:
be warned. if you use the quicker way, you'll have to deal with Tiamat, 4 fire giants, and a Daeva.
All which were ⑨ed by the dagger of distortion.

Spoiler:
if you use the longer way you have to deal with the Lernaean Hydra, and then Lom Lobon in a large miasma-filled room. Who can also be distorted away, obviously.

I still think the best tactic for Red Sonja is to
Spoiler:
get mutated into a irrecognizable freak in the eye room, get teleportitis 3 along with pretty much other bad mutation in the game, and bet on random tele roulette eventually landing you in the vicinity of the orb and later back near the exit
. It almost worked for me once!

But seriously: DDAr with a wand of enslavement for Red Sonja, and yeah hope to get that (non-guaranteed) dagger of distortion. Violet Keep of Menkaure is still a big mystery to me - DDAr is obviously solid early but since I still haven't learned the path to the orb I can't really tell if it's viable later on.

edit: and of course congratulations, Sprint is stupid hard

Quad City QBs

« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »
Sprint keeps kicking my ass--I've been trying SESu, and the first time I got up to the giant spore room to get instakilled when I opened the door--the second time I got taken out by the kobold demonologist room.

Cleaned up on the shining eye room though.

« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2010, 05:31:41 PM »
I haven't touched Sprint all that much, but I will say this: I have never before died because I got nerfed to Lv 0. Ijyb spawned with a draining wand one instance.

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #238 on: July 26, 2010, 12:10:12 AM »
edit: and of course congratulations, Sprint is stupid hard

you wont believe how many times i've died (like about 100), the majority of death was because of Ijyb.

You need to start with a race-class combo that can actually kill Iyjb, not like some stupid combo like Deep Dwarf Earth elementalist that cant even deal a single damage on Iyjb.

As usual, Assasins, fighters berserkers can get through the first few easily but will suffer later on.
Stalkers and venom mages can do quite well early on and mid game(mid game being 1000 turns later) due to mephitic clouds. but mephitic clouds will not be so useful beyond the centaur room or kobold demonologist room.
Summoners will TAKE IT EASY in the eye room(those eyes dont kill, and spammals will get turned into crocs by the shining eyes which makes that room a breeze). or even if you start as a stalker/fighter, you only need spammals for that room.
And of course, Demonspawns will get their mutations very early on, and once you get "demonic guardian lvl3" you get Executioner/Elly allies to pwn everything.

i have yet to try the full sprint instead of the middle quick way.

ebarrett

« Reply #239 on: July 26, 2010, 12:27:43 AM »
words about Sprint

Oh yeah, Demonspawn. For some reason I completely ignored Demonspawn when playing back when Sprint was CDO-only (I tried playing at CAO yesterday but release day, too many people, massive lag, etc).

As I mentioned, I had a bunch of very good runs with DDAr/enslavement + Makhleb. Also had a tremendous SpAs run where I ended up being overwhelmed by demons on the way back to the stairs. Too unnerving to play repeatedly, though - one early monster waking up is all you need to completely ruin your chances. And oddly enough, I never, ever found the "short" way in Sprint I  :ohdear:

Oh, and all combos can kill Ijyb "easily", though the method is messy and not without future consequences: I tried some DEFEs who'd drink that potion of berserk and clobber Ijyb, Sigmund and sometimes even the ogre with their own bare hands  :]

Executioner/Elly
I see what you guys did there. Gets lost on anyone who didn't play tiles, but yeah, it works better than anything I'd ever come up with.

Who's Youmu, by the way? From the top of my head, I don't remember any worthy, fitting unique.