Author Topic: 30 minutes or it's free!  (Read 148298 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: 30 minutes or it's free!
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2010, 11:50:56 PM »
> The priority was to always deliver, no matter the cost. You were aware of the risks. And you wouldn't be leaving no comrade behind, since the problem would be dealt with either way. Priorities. Anyway, I got ninja'd.
> "Yeah, whatever."
> Move through the village, towards the shrine, to make your deliver.
> You disregard further confrontation at this point, you just want to get done.
> "By the way, my name is Momiji Inubashiri, the head of the Wolf Security Team here in the village.  Sorry for the awkward introduction, but it is nice to make your aquaintance."
> You follow Momiji through the Village.  Tengu fly and mill about the street, paying you little heed.  Aside from the tall row houses, a short house all alone on the left catches your eye.  A sign out front says "Bunbunmaru Office" while a sign in the door says "Out for a scoop."
> "That's Aya's place, you probably want to avoid that."
> You eventually reach the end of the Village, Momiji stops and turns around.  "The shrine is just ahead, shall I go with you or just wait for your return?"

>Not yet. There's a ransom to be obtained.
>"You're avoiding the fact that you hurt someone who didn't do a single thing wrong. You can talk about rules as much as you like, but you, personally, hurt an innocent. Don't pretend otherwise. You, personally, made her less than a person by excluding her simply because of her race. You didn't have to do any of that. You could have offered to ask your lord for an exception. You didn't. You chose to hurt an innocent instead. You can say you apologized, but I was there to see her still in tears after you left. Your apology seems rather insincere in light of that. You should be ashamed of yourself. As such, you're going to make a delivery for me."
> You decide that now is the time for confrontation!  ...Again!
> "But she did do something wrong, she tried to cross through our village, which is illegal.  Technically, you should be an accomplice but keeping Aya on a chain takes precedence.  There was no way I could hurt an innocent because she was already in violation of our laws.  Furthermore, how could I make her feel like less of a person?  She's a youkai, just like I am.  I may be a tengu and she a nekomata, but the rules very clearly say 'foreign youkai' and she comes from Mayohiga.  I couldn't ask for an exception because she isn't special.  If I bent the rules for someone tied to Yukari once, then we'd never hear the end of it; it's not happening, Lord Tenma doesn't show favoritism.  I'm not going to apologize again, if you don't think I'm sincere then that's your problem.  I don't feel ashamed because I was doing my job and you can't threaten me, and what do you mean I have to make a delivery for you!?"

>Don't do that^
>Hug momizi and apologize for being such a jerk
>Keikaku doori face
> Too late.
> Probably not a good idea right now.
> A what face?

>This post never happened.
>Stand firm against injustice.
> You stand your ground in silence.  Momiji waits patiently for your response.

>_
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:09:24 AM by rantail-da-sun »

Toasty

« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2010, 11:56:01 PM »
>This post never happened.
>Stand firm against injustice.

Just a little tip, if we can control momizi's emotions easily enough instead of being a disagreeable jerk, we could gain full access to tengutown.

>Hug momizi.
>Introduce self, followed by an apology for being a jerk.
>"You can wait here, i'll go on ahead"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2010, 11:59:39 PM »
Let Vic edit before you add in actions.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2010, 12:10:32 AM »
Edited.  Toast can post it again if he wants me to re re re consider it.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2010, 12:15:34 AM »
> Stop trying to pick a fight with the wolf tengu or soon she'll call more and you'll have swords in all your orifices, just because of some stupid rage.
> Also you can't trust a delivery to a person foreign to the company! It's completely against the rules!
> "Never mind that, I just got a bit carried away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you, I can find the shrine myself. See you later."
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2010, 12:29:27 AM »
>Let her attack us, it'll only get her further in shit.
>"You're arguing that a law is more important than an innocent. And yes, she is innocent. She did not hurt you in the least. You are saying that an intangible, unliving thing is more important than a person. And yes, you did make her less of a person. That is what a discriminatory law does, it is saying that a person should not be considered a person and not be given equal treatment. And you chose to enforce it in that way. If you don't care, that is one thing. But at least acknowledge is exactly what you did: In the name of a thing that has no physical existence and no mind, you hurt someone who did no harm to you or anyone else. You persecuted a harmless person. And that is why I want you to make a delivery for me, so you can walk a mile in our shoes. In particular, I want you to go to Kourindou and pick up a frilly green hat there. Then you'll bring it to Chen, she should still be in the warehouse. Don't worry about the bill, I won't stick you with it."

Toasty

« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2010, 12:38:25 AM »
Didn't see that last line of text, sorry...

>"You're arguing that a law is more important than an innocent. And yes, she is innocent. She did not hurt you in the least. You are saying that an intangible, unliving thing is more important than a person. And yes, you did make her less of a person. That is what a discriminatory law does, it is saying that a person should not be considered a person and not be given equal treatment. And you chose to enforce it in that way. If you don't care, that is one thing. But at least acknowledge is exactly what you did: In the name of a thing that has no physical existence and no mind, you hurt someone who did no harm to you or anyone else. You persecuted a harmless person. And that is why I want you to make a delivery for me, so you can walk a mile in our shoes. In particular, I want you to go to Kourindou and pick up a frilly green hat there. Then you'll bring it to Chen, she should still be in the warehouse. Don't worry about the bill, I won't stick you with it."
>Don't argue
>don't forget to introduce yourself and apologize twice for good measure!
>and the hug
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:44:59 AM by Spirit »

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »
> Hurry to the shrine, got a delivery to make.
> Ignore distractions.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2010, 12:42:19 AM »
>Check Time
>Check weather
>Don't look down

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »
[purvis]Oh shit, that wasn't quote at all! I'm sorry >_<[/purvis]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:57:55 AM by Suwako Purviya »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2010, 12:54:12 AM »
> Stop trying to pick a fight with the wolf tengu or soon she'll call more and you'll have swords in all your orifices, just because of some stupid rage.
> Also you can't trust a delivery to a person foreign to the company! It's completely against the rules!
> "Never mind that, I just got a bit carried away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you, I can find the shrine myself. See you later."
>Let her attack us, it'll only get her further in shit.
> Lover or a fighter, why must we choose?
> "Maybe she didn't hurt me personally, but she did break the law.  Sure, it may be an arbitrary law, but laws are what keep a society together.  It's the proverbial Leviathan: you willing give up some rights to it for stability, only to have it SMITE YOU if you step out of line!"  She claps her hands together for emphasis.
> "Equal treatment?  I threw her out like I'd throw out any youkai, and that's not equal treatment?  We tengu don't like to think of ourselves as superior to other youkai, but we do prefer the company of ourselves.  We like you humans because you're just so damn amusing!  What is it you say about yourselves?  That a human life is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short?  Oh I do so get a kick out of that!  Why would any species so willingly hate itself?"
> "Yes, I will acknowledge what I did.  I told another youkai about the ways of the world and brought The Absurd CRASHING down on her.  She may not have been ready to hear it, but no matter what Yukari or Ran or anyone tells her, the universe doesn't care about her.  She could have been any other youkai and I would have told her off just the same.  That's just the way of the world.  Look at us right now!  A white wolf tengu and a regular human discussing the finer points of law, civilization and existence.  We know what we're discussing, but if anyone were to walk by they would just see two beings shouting at each other, because that's all we really are..
> "So no, I will not be making a delivery for you, and why should I?  I upheld the law of the tengu, which is my duty, just like your duty is to deliver.  My duty was never to make sure I treat all that I encounter gently to not hurt their feelings, because the world doesn't care if your feelings are hurt!  In fact, I'm only still here with you because I was commanded to, but this conversation is just so much fun that I really don't mind.  O ho ho!~"
> You're definitely leaning towards fighter now, who does she think she is?

Didn't see that last line of text, sorry...
>Don't argue
>don't forget to introduce yourself and apologize twice for good measure!
>and the hug
> She started it!
> You completely ignore her argument and introduce yourself.  "Isn't that nice?  But really, what's the purpose of a name, to convince yourself that your life is important?  That you matter after all?"
> You get the feeling that she doesn't usually let on to being like this.

> Hurry to the shrine, got a delivery to make.
> Ignore distractions.
> Oh no!  You've come way too far with her to just run off now.  She'd probably even follow you just to give you grief all the way there.

>Check Time
>Check weather
>Don't look down
> It is still morning.  Breakfast time has just passed, and it's not quite time for morning tea.
> It is sunny and clear, and delightly warm without being too humid.  In short, it's almost a perfect day.
> Your eyes are locked on your wolfish tengu-y opponent.

>_
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:59:57 AM by rantail-da-sun »

Toasty

« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2010, 12:56:53 AM »
>Facepalm at parser not going with the overwhelming majority of pacifists

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2010, 12:59:45 AM »
Can we just get on with the delivery?

> Take responsibility for the situation.
> Apologize for the incident.
> Deliver.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2010, 01:02:56 AM »
>Facepalm at parser not going with the overwhelming majority of pacifists
> You're actually saying very little in this conversation, Momiji just seems very angry for whatever reason.  Maybe she feels persecuted for being the minority of the tengu?

Can we just get on with the delivery?

> Take responsibility for the situation.
> Apologize for the incident.
> Deliver.
> You apologize and try to leave.
> "You mean you're not even going to try and defend yourself?  Not going to try and fight?  Argue?  Prove me wrong?  You're just going to take this abuse?  What kind of man are you?!"
> Oh no, there are some lines you just don't cross, and she's crossed all of them!

>_

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2010, 01:03:05 AM »
Damn fast moving games

>"I may argue but I'm a lover."
>"Well then, I see I can't make you change your mind. Goo day too you Miss."
>Give Momiji a hug and tip our hat

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2010, 01:05:50 AM »
> Inwardly lament not having access to magic. Or those magic cards Rinnosuke was talking about. Setting her to fire would probably do wonders to the mood.
> Ask if you can keep walking while talking, because you enjoy the talk as well.
> "You're just singling out individuals! Not all humans are self-loathing, brutish louts who think badly of themselves!"
> Puff chest forward to emphasise the point about being confident to the point of appearing faux-confident.

(Am I doing this right?)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2010, 01:07:18 AM »
>A parser follows the best story~
>"What's the point of law if it's not just? If the law was to kill her, would you do it? And yes, you did discriminated against her, and apparently every youkai who isn't yourselves. There is nothing equal about that. And you're arguing life is hard? If that's the case, why are you actively making it worse for her? You can laugh and make excuses all you like, but you have wronged her. Law doesn't change it, you wronged her. You have done exactly what law is meant to prevent. By all means, laugh over it."

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2010, 02:16:56 AM »
>"Besides, I'm the type of man who pays attention to his job. So walk and talk, I've got a delivery to deliver."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2010, 02:27:54 AM »
Damn fast moving games

>"I may argue but I'm a lover."
>"Well then, I see I can't make you change your mind. Goo day too you Miss."
>Give Momiji a hug and tip our hat
> She scoffs.  "Fine, I'll be here."
> You really don't want to touch her at this point, and your hat has no brim to tip with.

> Inwardly lament not having access to magic. Or those magic cards Rinnosuke was talking about. Setting her to fire would probably do wonders to the mood.
> Ask if you can keep walking while talking, because you enjoy the talk as well.
> "You're just singling out individuals! Not all humans are self-loathing, brutish louts who think badly of themselves!"
> Puff chest forward to emphasise the point about being confident to the point of appearing faux-confident.

(Am I doing this right?)
> Those spell card things would be cool to have at this point, but Momiji's probably far better at combat than you would be.
> "Glutton for punishment huh?  Fine, I'll walk with you."
> You start towards the Moriya Shrine.
> "You should listen more carefully, I said that human life brutish, not humans themselves.  Not all humans will admit they think badly of themselves, but to crusade so much for the fairness and equality of all, one wonders if they do it because they feel inadequate about themselves."
> You puff out your chest to emphasize your point.  "See, you're compensating right now!"  Bad timing.

>A parser follows the best story~
>"What's the point of law if it's not just? If the law was to kill her, would you do it? And yes, you did discriminated against her, and apparently every youkai who isn't yourselves. There is nothing equal about that. And you're arguing life is hard? If that's the case, why are you actively making it worse for her? You can laugh and make excuses all you like, but you have wronged her. Law doesn't change it, you wronged her. You have done exactly what law is meant to prevent. By all means, laugh over it."
> Indeed.
> "If that was the law then I would uphold it.  It is not my place to discuss the fairness and justice of law, I just enforce it.  If there was a rule in the Human Village that said "No Youkai" and any youkai wandered in, do you really think they'd care who it was?  No way!  For every friendly one like Cirno there's a man-eater like Rumia.  They're a threat, and the law is in place for protection.  How could I tell that she was going to play nice?  I've seen how powerful Yukari is, one can imagine Chen would be powerful as well.  I'm not making life harder for her, life's already hard, I'm just sorry that she can't handle the truth.  I'm not making excuses to explain myself, I'm explaining myself period.  What the law prevents?  The law prevents tengu harm, and through my actions I prevented that.  I may not laugh over it, but I know that I'm correct."

>"Besides, I'm the type of man who pays attention to his job. So walk and talk, I've got a delivery to deliver."
> That's what you're doing.  Will this walk ever end?

>_

Bardiche

« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2010, 02:36:17 AM »
> Gesticulate an apology about the over-compensating.
> "Punishment? I thought you liked our conversation!"
> Pout.
> "Fine, it looks like I can't easily prove my equality to you. How about this idea here? First, I deliver my package. That's a priority so we can go on to other business. Then! Then I challenge you to a battle of wits. We'll prove who's the better."
> Gauge her reaction. If she looks interested, proceed. Else, abort.
> "If I win, though! You apologise profoundly to Chen! And not just saying sorry! You'll bow your head and say, 'Great Chen-sama, I apologise for making you cry'! But if you win..."
> Don't finish that sentence. Let her finish it. Always let the girl finish.
> Remember to smile! You're the friendliest deliverator in the entire uni--what, universe? The entire plane of existence!

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2010, 02:38:24 AM »
>Suddenly flip out upon realizing this walk and discussion will never end
>Wait, no. That's stupid.
>Tell her she talks too much.
>Tell her we talk too much.
>Inform her that if she and the others did not try to make humans feel inadequate that humans would not feel the need to compensate
>Ask her if she does this because she feels inadequate and because she's trying to compensate.

>Plane of existence? Bah, we're the friendliest (AND GREATEST) deliverator in the entire MULTIVERSE!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2010, 02:54:52 AM »
>Cowards run. Besides, we aren't at the shrine yet.
>"It is very much your place to discuss and question the law, there is no one more fit to question it than those who enforce it. It is you, personally, that makes the choice to act it out. And yes, I said choice. Nothing prevents you from defying the law, and this is exactly how unjust laws should be treated. And yes, it is unjust and incorrect to treat everyone as a criminal simply due to how they were born. If they prove to be a threat, then you have an argument for treating them as such. So what did Chen do that was so threatening, aside from being what she is? All that happened is that you treated her like less than a person and made her cry, for a reason that doesn't even apply to this situation. No matter the reason, that is what happened. You cannot escape that truth, no matter how you try to justify it. You can talk about the world being hard as much as you like, but if you think the world is so hard, perhaps you should try to make it less so rather than more so. You've proven you're not a weak person, what can be said about those who passively accept and enforce injustice? Do you do it because you believe in it, or because you're just not willing to try to improve things? You're completely right in that life is hard, which is why it is so important for us not to make it any worse than it is. Otherwise, you just fan the problems you're trying to stop."

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2010, 02:57:14 AM »
>"It is very much your place to discuss and question the law, there is no one more fit to question it than those who enforce it. It is you, personally, that makes the choice to act it out. And yes, I said choice. Nothing prevents you from defying the law, and this is exactly how unjust laws should be treated. And yes, it is unjust and incorrect to treat everyone as a criminal simply due to how they were born. If they prove to be a threat, then you have an argument for treating them as such. So what did Chen do that was so threatening, aside from being what she is? All that happened is that you treated her like less than a person and made her cry, for a reason that doesn't even apply to this situation. No matter the reason, that is what happened. You cannot escape that truth, no matter how you try to justify it. You can talk about the world being hard as much as you like, but if you think the world is so hard, perhaps you should try to make it less so rather than more so. You've proven you're not a weak person, what can be said about those who passively accept and enforce injustice? Do you do it because you believe in it, or because you're just not willing to try to improve things? You're completely right in that life is hard, which is why it is so important for us not to make it any worse than it is. Otherwise, you just fan the problems you're trying to stop."
We're resaying what we've already said. Do the battle of wits idea.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2010, 03:09:00 AM »
Not really. Stripping away some of the excuses shes made, and restating the case she's yet to refute and building upon it a bit.

Bardiche

« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2010, 03:09:56 AM »
> We are Toshiro the Deliverator. We can challenge people to battles of wits AND argue the moral highground AT THE SAME TIME.
> Considering the above, consider the possibility of having DID.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2010, 04:24:02 AM »
> Gesticulate an apology about the over-compensating.
> "Punishment? I thought you liked our conversation!"
> Pout.
> "Fine, it looks like I can't easily prove my equality to you. How about this idea here? First, I deliver my package. That's a priority so we can go on to other business. Then! Then I challenge you to a battle of wits. We'll prove who's the better."
> Gauge her reaction. If she looks interested, proceed. Else, abort.
> "If I win, though! You apologise profoundly to Chen! And not just saying sorry! You'll bow your head and say, 'Great Chen-sama, I apologise for making you cry'! But if you win..."
> Don't finish that sentence. Let her finish it. Always let the girl finish.
> Remember to smile! You're the friendliest deliverator in the entire uni--what, universe? The entire plane of existence!
>Suddenly flip out upon realizing this walk and discussion will never end
>Wait, no. That's stupid.
>Tell her she talks too much.
>Tell her we talk too much.
>Inform her that if she and the others did not try to make humans feel inadequate that humans would not feel the need to compensate
>Ask her if she does this because she feels inadequate and because she's trying to compensate.

>Plane of existence? Bah, we're the friendliest (AND GREATEST) deliverator in the entire MULTIVERSE!

> After a while, you finally make a point.
> "Eh, a battle of wits?  But wits are handled differently from intelligence, and winning one doesn't prove that you're smarter than the other.  What would something like that prove?"

> Momiji is silent for a while.  "But, why would laws not be universal?  If you can't uphold a law without exception, why have it in the first place?  This isn't even about Chen, why would I not support a law if I didn't fully support myself?  Can I really be uncertain?  What if I..." she trails off and softens her her, continuing to herself.

> We are Toshiro the Deliverator. We can challenge people to battles of wits AND argue the moral highground AT THE SAME TIME.
> Considering the above, consider the possibility of having DID.
> You really aren't that confident in your cleverness, and Momiji seems much smarter than you are, or at least more well-spoken.  A battle of wits also requires speed, something tengu are known for.  And who would determine the questions?
> With the two of you deep in thought, you eventually reach the Moriya Shrine.
> "You go on ahead, I need to think so more."  Momiji sits down against a large stone.
> Before you is a large Torii adorned with a thick Shimenawa standing in front of the shrine.  The shrine itself looks to be in better repair than the Hakurei shrine, being newer and larger.  All the doors on the shrine are slid open, allowing the paltry breeze to flow through anyway.  To the right is a pond that circles around to the back of the shrine as well.  You don't see anyone.

>_

Thata no Guykoro

« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2010, 04:27:55 AM »
>Knock on the door
>Scream "DELIVERY!!" at the top of your lungs.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2010, 04:29:53 AM »
>Prepare our package

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2010, 04:30:25 AM »
>Knock on the door
>Scream "DELIVERY!!" at the top of your lungs.
> You try to knock on the door from your current position.  You are nowhere near the door.
> You try again using the power of your mind.  This also fails.
> You would, but it's just so darn peaceful, you would hate to ruin that.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2010, 04:31:47 AM »
>Prepare our package
>Approach the shrine
>Put on a warm smile
>Knock on the Door.