Author Topic: Mage: The Ascension (oWoD) Roleplaying Campaign - Prologue -  (Read 23124 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Mage: The Ascension (oWoD) Roleplaying Campaign - Recruiting Phase Contest
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
{Oh dear. I think i'm going to have to cap the number of players at its current stage so as not to get overburdened. x_x Sorry to anyone else who was wanting to join! There might be opportunities in the near future and I might open up the player pool depending on how things go.

"I was sent to investigate possible supernatural misbehavior, but I was not informed that there would be a civilian contact. I will have to submit paperwork regarding official co-operation. If you do not mind, that is, ma'am - it would make legislation much clearer on many matters."
The agent's expression grows stern.
"If, however, secretarial and enforcement issues are as bad as you say, then it is clear that the local authorities will need consultation on proper procedure, and I will have to investigate breaches of protocol in the action of other federal agents in the area."
Charlemagne's expression softens, and he takes off his sunglasses again.
"I'm just doing my job, ma'am, so I cannot accept any recompensation from you. I would be grateful, however, if you agreed to become an officially-registered source - for this operation solely, of course and to make sure," he stresses, "to refer civilians who are having legal trouble with state or federal authority to me first of all. A lot of problems occur when citizens are unaware of the breadth of rights they are given, you see. I am very familiar with legislation, both modern and historical, and should be able to assist them, provided their qualms are legitimate."

"I'm fine with you submitting any paperwork that may be required to facilitate our partnership. You were likely not told about the 'civilian' contact due to the sensibility and level of risk a breach of security might cause to my person, and to those that I've gathered here. I make it my business to know what is going on in this city, and the ones that know how to find me know me to be a valuable contact for information on anything 'interesting' going on in Ann Arbor."

"To officiate this partnership and to help me determine what you'd be best suited in doing, it would be a good idea to get a sense of the sorts of tricks that you might have up your sleeve. Unless you just plan on crushing people under the weight of law and protocol, that is."

[Oh son of a bitch Anthy should have told me about this sooner, I'm always game for oWoD. SONS OF ETHER HO! Also, heyo Nobu, Rou, and Fightest]

Someone, the gender impossible to determine behind an array of charred and grease stained  rags probably intended to protect the face from... well, what's currently covering them, to be quite frank, not to mention a leather jacket and gloves. "Bwah, sorry." s/he looks up from something she was tinkering with. "Was distracted. Elenore Meade, at your service." A strand of red hair can barely be seen. Well, the name and voice if anything would appear to confirm it as female. Probably.

She(?) sets down the device. "I dislike the description of Ether Science as magic... but... ah well." A pair of astonishingly clean (and oddly normal) glasses are slipped out from somewhere on her person and settled atop what can be seen of her nose. "I apologize for my poor sense of dress but I was in the middle of some important work when I became aware of this. Science doesn't perform itself you know." She sighs.

"Anyhow... you have my attention now. I've finished my last few calibrations..."

"Important work? What does that doohicky that you've been tinkering with *do* exactly?"
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
"Well... It monitors fluxes in the lesser Ether, providing an early warning about events of interest... except I seem to have built this button into it at some point. I'm not sure what the button does. I'm highly tempted to press it but..." Her finger wavers over it. "I don't remember what I hooked it up to. It could cause a large explosion or just be the alarm test button or it could do something wonderful. I'll have to check my notes sometime."

"Regardless, it's related to my latest research on..." She drones on for a bit in highly technical language  before suddenly realizing that she's probably lost everyone in the room. "Ehehehe, sorry. It's just so *fascinating*, all of it. All the possibilities!"

Her smile, barely visible behind her face protection, fades. "And of course the technocracy desires to stifle those possibilities. Set hard limits on what can and cannot be researched or made... Small minded fools..."
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »
Reality starts to shimmer as you doze off, and Hinako's final words linger in your subconscience. "If you were a magical person, what kind of magical person would that look like? Try to come up with as vivid as an image as possible. The cut and color of your clothes, the way your clothes hang on your body, the sort of magic that a magical g## like yourself would be able to do. The instrument with which you affect reality."

As you rapidly plummet into the mists of sleep, your body feels weightless yet endlessly falling. Eventually, the falling sensation is gone as you realize you have finally hit 'the bottom'. The world is empty, save for a mirror that you can't help but look into. Within the reflection is that image that Hinako had guided you to generate.

And one other.  The reflection of the thing that you have been afraid to face all along is behind yours in the mirror.

[attach=1]

Do you turn around to look behind you where the magical creature might be if this reflection obeyed all the laws of physics? Or do you study your own appearance first?

Alec stares into the mirror, seeing himself in a unique wardrobe; a sapphire blue duster lined with white fur along the inside, cuffs and collar of the coat. Denim of a similar color poke out from under the pair of black leather chaps that protect his legs as they lead down to similar shin high boots with the needlework etching out white outlines of serpentine Dragons against the black leather of the pointed toe boots. The white bandanna covered in blue roses now wrapped around his neck as his hair is now free, what was pure black has now turned gradient, shifting from a strong violet at the roots to pure black at the tips. Across his chest and his waist sits a bandolier and gunslinger's belt, the first's pockets are each filled with silver cased bullets while the second's pockets are stuffed with thicker shells, and holstered on his left is a revolver straight out of a western film, an ivory white handle and steel that shines silver like the casings of the bullets across his chest, two barrels extend from the shooting iron, the first like any other revolver, rifled and lengthier than the other barrel, located at the center of the pistol, smooth-bore and bigger in diameter to fit the shells across his hips.  The young man stretches and swings his arms, a glance at his back shows a similar needle work of a dragon across the back of the duster, while rifling through the pockets he finds a pair of knuckle dusters mirroring the revolver in how they shine.  The outfit sands the loose duster fits snug to his body, if not skin tight, and despite his light frame, short size, and feminine features, he gives off an aura of grit and strength, a small smile across his face as he looks straight at himself in the eyes, having taken on a violet to match the gradient color in his hair. 

The young man continues to look himself over for a few moments longer, before his eyes shift to look at the creature in the mirror again, his hands balling into fists as he grasps at nothing, trying to remain calm, closing his eyes as he turns to where the creature would be, and slowly opening his eyes to it.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 11:55:29 PM »
"Hinako. Close enough. Nice to meet you Marie." She extends a hand in greeting, and offers her the next pass of herbs.

"So what brings you here, I might ask? Are you interested in a part-time job? I have all kinds of tasks that need doing, suited to your particular.. skillset. Of course, that all depends on what you'd be willing and able to do."

Marie lets off a slight chuckle.

"Sorry hun, I'll treat you to dinner later. Anyways, as you can see, my body hasn't aged past 16 for quite some time now. While it has brought in the customers from my previous job, I've been a bit tired from it and I'm looking for somethin' else to do to pass the time. Some weird things have happened since I stopped aging.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 12:40:09 AM »
"Well... It monitors fluxes in the lesser Ether, providing an early warning about events of interest... except I seem to have built this button into it at some point. I'm not sure what the button does. I'm highly tempted to press it but..." Her finger wavers over it. "I don't remember what I hooked it up to. It could cause a large explosion or just be the alarm test button or it could do something wonderful. I'll have to check my notes sometime."

"Regardless, it's related to my latest research on..." She drones on for a bit in highly technical language  before suddenly realizing that she's probably lost everyone in the room. "Ehehehe, sorry. It's just so *fascinating*, all of it. All the possibilities!"

Her smile, barely visible behind her face protection, fades. "And of course the technocracy desires to stifle those possibilities. Set hard limits on what can and cannot be researched or made... Small minded fools..."

"Hmm..." Himiko casually reaches over and presses the aforementioned button.

Alec stares into the mirror, seeing himself in a unique wardrobe; a sapphire blue duster lined with white fur along the inside, cuffs and collar of the coat. Denim of a similar color poke out from under the pair of black leather chaps that protect his legs as they lead down to similar shin high boots with the needlework etching out white outlines of serpentine Dragons against the black leather of the pointed toe boots. The white bandanna covered in blue roses now wrapped around his neck as his hair is now free, what was pure black has now turned gradient, shifting from a strong violet at the roots to pure black at the tips. Across his chest and his waist sits a bandolier and gunslinger's belt, the first's pockets are each filled with silver cased bullets while the second's pockets are stuffed with thicker shells, and holstered on his left is a revolver straight out of a western film, an ivory white handle and steel that shines silver like the casings of the bullets across his chest, two barrels extend from the shooting iron, the first like any other revolver, rifled and lengthier than the other barrel, located at the center of the pistol, smooth-bore and bigger in diameter to fit the shells across his hips.  The young man stretches and swings his arms, a glance at his back shows a similar needle work of a dragon across the back of the duster, while rifling through the pockets he finds a pair of knuckle dusters mirroring the revolver in how they shine.  The outfit sands the loose duster fits snug to his body, if not skin tight, and despite his light frame, short size, and feminine features, he gives off an aura of grit and strength, a small smile across his face as he looks straight at himself in the eyes, having taken on a violet to match the gradient color in his hair. 

The young man continues to look himself over for a few moments longer, before his eyes shift to look at the creature in the mirror again, his hands balling into fists as he grasps at nothing, trying to remain calm, closing his eyes as he turns to where the creature would be, and slowly opening his eyes to it.

The beady red eyes lock with yours, and you feel like the creature is looking directly into your soul. But this time, you don't back down.  After a moment that seems to go on for an eternity, the creature closes its eyes. It's form begins to shift, going from catlike to almost blob-like in form. The fog around you seems to clear slightly, and the images in the mirror appear even more vivid.

The creature that you once thought appeared cat-like now looks almost like a cartoonish bunny with closed eyes, a jewel embedded in its forehead, and a round egg-shaped body.

In the reflection of the mirror you see the creature hop onto your shoulder and whispers something into your ear that, while you immediately forget what was whispered, washes away all prior feelings of apprehension and worry.

Marie lets off a slight chuckle.

"Sorry hun, I'll treat you to dinner later. Anyways, as you can see, my body hasn't aged past 16 for quite some time now. While it has brought in the customers from my previous job, I've been a bit tired from it and I'm looking for somethin' else to do to pass the time. Some weird things have happened since I stopped aging.

"You don't age past age 16? I can think of worse fates. I'm about as 20-something as they get, personally. Weird things? Could you maybe elabora--" Himiko pauses, as if suddenly noticing something in Alec's general direction.

She kneels in front of him and puts a hand on her forehead. "Mmm, looks like this one is almost finished. And it looks like he has good tastes in clothing too.. we can make this work." She smiles and turns to the Federal Agent. "Do you think you can give me a hand? This one is about to Awaken, if you know what I mean, and I want to help facilitate his transition as best as possible. Which means I need help carrying him into my Wardrobifier, and get him out of his ratty old outfit into one befitting of his new station!"

She slings one of Alec's arms behind her shoulders.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:44:59 AM by Nobuko »

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 01:15:19 AM »
"Hmm..." Himiko casually reaches over and presses the aforementioned button.

"H-hey, wait, don'-" The device sparks and falls apart. "'t touch that." She sighs... "Ah well... back to the drawing board... This is going to take forever." She grumbles. "I'm... I'm going to go work on fixing this now."
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 07:04:22 AM »
"H-hey, wait, don'-" The device sparks and falls apart. "'t touch that." She sighs... "Ah well... back to the drawing board... This is going to take forever." She grumbles. "I'm... I'm going to go work on fixing this now."

"Ah- my apologies. You can go ahead and use my work table and tools over there, I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need. Use my equipment how you will, but whatever you do, *do* *not* press that button on the transportalizer while standing on the landing pad."

Despite the stern warning, your curiosity is causing you to really want to do exactly what she told you not to do. There's payback to be had, and this is probably just a test to see how you'd respond.. you're pretty sure of that.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: Mage: The Ascension (oWoD) Roleplaying Campaign - Prologue -
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »
Charlemagne takes off his jacket and sunglasses, loosens his tie and moves to help Himiko with the student. With the comforting costume gone, the illusion finally shatters to present a man in his mid-thirties with light onset of pattern baldness. His eager smile shows a crooked incisor despite many repeat dentist visits, and his ears are clearly just a bit too large for his head.

When he speaks, even his measured monotone is gone, replaced with a light Southern drawl.

"Thanks, ma'am, I'll start on the paperwork rightaway. As for, as you put 'em, "tricks," well, don't you know, the ol' Witch-hunter doctrines set up by Abe Lincoln's regime still work just fine today. I try not to bring out the hat and armor too often, and the sword stays put with them, but they're a nice deterrent if someone decides to get downright feisty. Ol' Abe wrote it himself," Charlemagne's voice changes to his official one for the quote, "It is not proper for a man of the government to be threatened by the very forces he deigns to manage."

He grins again and winks at Himiko. "It means that the President himself decreed that folks like me can't be harmed by magic when pursuing our duty. And there's no greater power than that."

[I want to fit in somehow that the law and protocol that Charlemagne knows so well also have some supernatural element to them and only work when applied properly - but work very well when they do, but that fits far more to a later reveal based on the narrative structure we have going.]

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »
Charlemagne takes off his jacket and sunglasses, loosens his tie and moves to help Himiko with the student. With the comforting costume gone, the illusion finally shatters to present a man in his mid-thirties with light onset of pattern baldness. His eager smile shows a crooked incisor despite many repeat dentist visits, and his ears are clearly just a bit too large for his head.

When he speaks, even his measured monotone is gone, replaced with a light Southern drawl.

"Thanks, ma'am, I'll start on the paperwork rightaway. As for, as you put 'em, "tricks," well, don't you know, the ol' Witch-hunter doctrines set up by Abe Lincoln's regime still work just fine today. I try not to bring out the hat and armor too often, and the sword stays put with them, but they're a nice deterrent if someone decides to get downright feisty. Ol' Abe wrote it himself," Charlemagne's voice changes to his official one for the quote, "It is not proper for a man of the government to be threatened by the very forces he deigns to manage."

He grins again and winks at Himiko. "It means that the President himself decreed that folks like me can't be harmed by magic when pursuing our duty. And there's no greater power than that."

[I want to fit in somehow that the law and protocol that Charlemagne knows so well also have some supernatural element to them and only work when applied properly - but work very well when they do, but that fits far more to a later reveal based on the narrative structure we have going.]

After managing to prop up the still-sleeping Alec up in the wardrobifier, she returns to the group that has gathered around the small round table and takes her seat.

Hinako pulls out a bowl shaped like a sherlock pipe, meticulously packs it with a herbal substances, and takes a long drag.

"Let me tell you all a story."

"In the dark ages, prior to the inception of the modern day Technocracy, they were known as the Order of Reason. Their primary concern was always oriented towards the non-magic user, as one of their core philosophical ideologies was that the non-magickal people should not be marginalized simply because they did not have access to the same 'talents' that the Awakened population had access to. They were mages that believed that the rampant dynamism left unchecked would result in the collapse of consensual reality as we know it, and would ultimately result in the destruction of the human race whether Awakened or not."

"A grand symposium was called among the most prominent members of the old Order of Reason to decide how best to shepherd the Sleepers and to decide the party line between regulation and flat-out prohibition of 'magic, magick, voodoo, and the supernatural'. In a narrow 5-4 split among the Order of Reason's leaders, a decision was made that the currently the course of action to ensure the survival of creation was to unite the world under a single paradigm and remove opposition, so that ultimately the distinction between sleepers and non-sleepers (awakened Mages) would cease to exist. From this decision came the modern day Scientific paradigm and the establishment of a government that would continually evaluate the best course of action and decide whether a prohibition or regulation approach best suited the current time. Those who supported prohibition became known as the Technocratic Union, while the people who supported regulation became known as the new Order of Reason. Collectively, they would become known as the Technocracy. "

"The modern day Democratic Party and Republican Party are the public manifestations of the checks and balances system that was established in the dark ages by the former Order of Reason, as a way for the sleepers to unknowingly decide the government's stance and actions towards the supernatural. "

"In the modern day, both groups are at each other's throats. Each side accuses the other of foul play and unacceptable manipulation of the sleepers that threatens their free will. The Order of Reason suspects that the Technocratic Union has violated a number of conventions regarding voter fraud, and is challenging the recent Romney election in every way that it can, with vote recounts and independent Federal investigations. "

"The current political climate between the Order of Reason and the Technocratic Union is reflected in the fierce conflict between the radical right and left. The two groups represent diametrically-opposed ideologies over the fate of the supernatural in the United States and the rest of the world by extension."

Hinako turns to address Charlemange.   

"The Order of Reason has also decided that the best course of action would be to strengthen their connection with the Tradition mages in opposing the Technocratic Union's machinations for control. This is why they sent you to me, to assist me in any way I see fit. To give you a history lesson and catch you up to speed, and ultimately to coordinate the actions of the Traditions and the technocratic mages supporting regulation over prohibition in a way that benefits all."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 08:47:02 PM »
~*Alec's transformation*~

As you reach out and attempt to touch the mirror, the mirror shatters and crumbles into dust, falling slowly to the ground and evaporating as if a fine mist. Your world is once again cloaked in darkness. Yet you are not scared. You've never felt so courageus or empowered as you do in this present moment. You feel like you could take on the world, and make reality itself your bitch.

It is then that you awake, and realize that you are standing in a dark tiny room. No sooner  do you think that it might be nice to have some light that a shimmer of pale begins to emit from your clothing as they begin molding to match the shape, color, and texture of the clothes in your dream.

Feeling confident, you put one hand on the wall adjacent to you, and can somehow intuit the fact that this wall is actually a slideable panel and that you must be in some kind of booth. Before you can think of how you can get out of this room, you feel yourself mentally 'push' against the door as it slides open to reveal Hinako's workshop. You hadn't gone anywhere after all, it seems.

You realize that you had been inside of some kind of booth-like contraption with dials and switches lining the sides. It seems the 'wardrobifier', or whatever this contraption is, has managed to recreate every detail from your memory of the dream, except for few minor details: your bandolier and gunslinger's belt are empty, the SAPPHIRE BLUE leather duster seems to be a bit more form fitting and slender, and the black leather chaps have been replaced with a short pleated black leather skirt that falls to mid thigh, showing off your hair-free legs to the world.

Hinako feigns innocence. "Oh, so you were a girl after all? My mistake. You can come back and sit by us now, i'm sure you have a lot of questions that need answering after that 'nap' of yours. "
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:38:10 PM by Nobuko »

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 11:36:07 PM »
(OOC: Minor detail, the Duster itself was Sapphire blue, though everything else is correct, except for the obvious things  :derp: )

~*Alec's transformation*~

As you reach out and attempt to touch the mirror, the mirror shatters and crumbles into dust, falling slowly to the ground and evaporating as if a fine mist. Your world is once again cloaked in darkness. Yet you are not scared. You've never felt so courageus or empowered as you do in this present moment. You feel like you could take on the world, and make reality itself your bitch.

It is then that you awake, and realize that you are standing in a dark tiny room. No sooner  do you think that it might be nice to have some light that a shimmer of pale begins to emit from your clothing as they begin molding to match the shape, color, and texture of the clothes in your dream.

Feeling confident, you put one hand on the wall adjacent to you, and can somehow intuit the fact that this wall is actually a slideable panel and that you must be in some kind of booth. Before you can think of how you can get out of this room, you feel yourself mentally 'push' against the door as it slides open to reveal Hinako's workshop. You hadn't gone anywhere after all, it seems.

You realize that you had been inside of some kind of booth-like contraption with dials and switches lining the sides. It seems the 'wardrobifier', or whatever this contraption is, has managed to recreate every detail from your memory of the dream, except for few minor details: your bandolier and gunslinger's belt are empty, the black leather duster seems to be a bit more form fitting and slender, and the black leather chaps have been replaced with a short pleated black leather skirt that falls to mid thigh, showing off your hair-free legs to the world.

Hinako feigns innocence. "Oh, so you were a girl after all? My mistake. You can come back and sit by us now, i'm sure you have a lot of questions that need answering after that 'nap' of yours. "

"...G....Girl?-...." He looks down at himself, suddenly going flushed red all over his face as he tries to hide inside of he wardrobifier "I-I'm a guy! S-Something messed up and changed what I was thinking of!" He whimpers and fidgets, peeking out a small bit from behind the slightly opened device, both his hair and eyes having taken on a violet tint, the first in a gradient manner that leads to it being black at the tips.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 11:36:31 PM »
(Just saying I'm not sure if I'm gonna be keeping up with this. After the initial burst I think I've realised I don't quite have the enthusiasm for it that I wanted to. Feel free to use Lucas as an NPC or whatever, though. :V)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 11:39:20 PM »
(OOC: Minor detail, the Duster itself was Sapphire blue, though everything else is correct, except for the obvious things  :derp: )

Fixed. :3

"...G....Girl?-...." He looks down at himself, suddenly going flushed red all over his face as he tries to hide inside of he wardrobifier "I-I'm a guy! S-Something messed up and changed what I was thinking of!" He whimpers and fidgets, peeking out a small bit from behind the slightly opened device, both his hair and eyes having taken on a violet tint, the first in a gradient manner that leads to it being black at the tips.

"Aw, don't worry about it! You're cute anyway, so why does it matter if it screwed up a little bit huh?" Hinako giggles.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 12:10:22 AM »
Fixed. :3

"Aw, don't worry about it! You're cute anyway, so why does it matter if it screwed up a little bit huh?" Hinako giggles.

"B-Because I-I'm in a skiiirt" He whines, his face still flushed red "Pleeease c-can I get a redo o-or something?" his stammering continues, extremely flustered and embarrassed~

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2012, 05:07:54 AM »
Charlemagne looks unimpressed.

"Ma'am," he says to Hinako, "while we will have to talk at length about the extremely serious allegations you have presented, the issue with Mr. Niten needs to be addressed more immediately. This is clearly a violation of the contract law that has been maintained since eighteen-ninety-one that was drawn up to prevent specifically such situations. In other words, your client was uninformed of the full repercussions of his work here, and suffered through no fault of his own. It is a penalizable offense, ma'am."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 06:11:12 AM »
"B-Because I-I'm in a skiiirt" He whines, his face still flushed red "Pleeease c-can I get a redo o-or something?" his stammering continues, extremely flustered and embarrassed~

"Oh fiiine, suit yourself." She snickers, before walking over to the Wardrobifier and pulling a large lever setting the mode from ♀ to ♂.

"Ma'am," he says to Hinako, "while we will have to talk at length about the extremely serious allegations you have presented, the issue with Mr. Niten needs to be addressed more immediately. This is clearly a violation of the contract law that has been maintained since eighteen-ninety-one that was drawn up to prevent specifically such situations. In other words, your client was uninformed of the full repercussions of his work here, and suffered through no fault of his own. It is a penalizable offense, ma'am."

"If that's the case, then I will accept any punishment the Order deems fit. Until then, have a biscuit." She passes a tray of biscuits. "Would you like some tea with your biscuits, Mr. Charlemange?"

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2012, 06:27:29 AM »
"Oh fiiine, suit yourself." She snickers, before walking over to the Wardrobifier and pulling a large lever setting the mode from ♀ to ♂.

Alec's flustered face goes down a few shades of red as his outfit is given the proper pants instead of the skirt, letting out a bit of a sigh "B...Better."  The student takes a seat for now, looking over himself a bit as he's still a little shaken.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »
"Well that was a fine show."

Marie chuckles at the exchange that just happened.

"Anyways, back to my... experiences. Well for starters, sometimes things I touch... age. I've had bread in my hands become hard in an instant. And more than a few of my customers have left with more wrinkles than they entered with. I'm also able to understand people with few moments of contact, from their favorite color up to what kind of girl they like."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:19:53 AM by PX »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »
"Uhhh..." Lucas stares at what was formerly Alec and is now...he's really not sure how to describe it, honestly. "OK, either Esmerelda spiked my breakfast this morning or you just turned into a chick."

He cringes. That happened to him once after a joint. He will never try speed dating again.

"Interesting. Now, would you say that you met Esmerelda around the time this weird stuff started to occur? Or did you meet her afterwards?" She pauses to think of what to say next. "And.. have you considered the possibility that she's been giving you placebos, and your mind is the one producing these effects on your own?"
He ponders the idea for a moment. "Not really. It's...random, almost, when I smoke normal weed. I tried to think of something else when I smoked Esmerelda's stuff but in the end it always does what she wants it to. Maybe she gets her weed from somewhere special, or something. Either way, I always get the whole hulk-smash thing, no matter what I smoke."

[OOC Translation: I don't want to be able to get specific weed-powers at will because that's sort of broken. I figure there might be an order to it but only Esmerelda knows it. Hence I'd rather go for 'whatever the GM feels like putting Lucas through'. :3]

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2012, 01:04:17 PM »
"Uhhh..." Lucas stares at what was formerly Alec and is now...he's really not sure how to describe it, honestly. "OK, either Esmerelda spiked my breakfast this morning or you just turned into a chick."

He cringes. That happened to him once after a joint. He will never try speed dating again.

Alec huffs a little and looks to the side, "...My family kinda leans in that direction in the genetic pool..."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 04:07:11 AM »

He ponders the idea for a moment. "Not really. It's...random, almost, when I smoke normal weed. I tried to think of something else when I smoked Esmerelda's stuff but in the end it always does what she wants it to. Maybe she gets her weed from somewhere special, or something. Either way, I always get the whole hulk-smash thing, no matter what I smoke."

[OOC Translation: I don't want to be able to get specific weed-powers at will because that's sort of broken. I figure there might be an order to it but only Esmerelda knows it. Hence I'd rather go for 'whatever the GM feels like putting Lucas through'. :3]

((Mage is inherently a broken system that allows the players to customize their character's abilities at will. i.e. Don't worry about 'broken-ness' or reagents or any of that sort of stuff.))

Alec huffs a little and looks to the side, "...My family kinda leans in that direction in the genetic pool..."

"Leans in that direction? What do you mean, there are a lot of girls in your gene pool?"

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 08:00:51 PM »
"Leans in that direction? What do you mean, there are a lot of girls in your gene pool?"

"Yea..." He rubs his arm a little "An older sister by about five years, a younger sister by eleven, and a twin sister while there's only one older brother by seven years." he sighs a little as he leans back in his seat, "It doesn't help that from the family photos it was hard to even tell who was my grandfather and who was my grandmother."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »
[[Due to a combination of factors such as exam and holiday season, I'm putting this game on temporary hiatus until I get my affairs straightened out. In the meanwhile, people can take a look at the mage mainbooks and think about how their character sheet might look like, and when I get back we can construct the character sheets and see where we go from here. ]]