Author Topic: Alice Quest - The Seven-Colored Puppeteer's Week  (Read 102027 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Alice Quest - The Seven-Colored Puppeteer's Week
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »
> "I wonder if this would affect non-humanoids, like Shanghai and Hourai. I also wonder if the effect stacks if someone eats many of them. So many mysteries to be uncovered here..."
> Make Marisa retrieve the mushrooms with the care necessary to not damage them.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2017, 05:11:05 PM »
//Maybe we should cut back with the tasks? Making someone do something when they just agreed to do that or will probably do that anyway sounds pretty wasteful energy-wise...
>Consider tasking some of our dolls to search the forest for these Glamor Mushrooms. Is it possible, what is the distance they can cover, how much magic that would require of us, is there any danger of, say, dolls getting intercepted by fairies, etc.?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »
The implication earlier was that issuing tasks while strings are attached cost us next-to-nothing in regards to personal resources. (If the strings were no longer attached, then I wouldn't be doing this.) I suppose it is possible I misinterpreted what was said earlier, though.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2017, 05:19:58 PM »
> "I wonder if this would affect non-humanoids, like Shanghai and Hourai. I also wonder if the effect stacks if someone eats many of them. So many mysteries to be uncovered here..."
> Make Marisa retrieve the mushrooms with the care necessary to not damage them.
> "We could try the latter here and now." Marisa says.
> You make Marisa retrieve the mushrooms, and she heads nearby, where there seem to be another pair of them.
> She delicately harvests the two. Aside from the one she's eaten recently, you believe that's 4 she possesses now.
//Maybe we should cut back with the tasks? Making someone do something when they just agreed to do that or will probably do that anyway sounds pretty wasteful energy-wise...
>Consider tasking some of our dolls to search the forest for these Glamor Mushrooms. Is it possible, what is the distance they can cover, how much magic that would require of us, is there any danger of, say, dolls getting intercepted by fairies, etc.?
> You consider having your dolls hunt for these mushrooms. At this range, you could probably task them with doing so from your house. It shouldn't be hard to do so from Marisa's house though. It'd take less magic than a battle, but they might run out during their hunts, unless you have them return after a while. Interception from fairies could be expected anywhere, but your dolls have the advantage of numbers. You could probably have a hunting squad and a defending one along with it.
> Marisa finishes, watching you warmly in wait as you strategize..
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2017, 05:22:10 PM »
> Clarification request: Does making Marisa do things through strings cost us any of our magical resources? If so, how much?
> "Yes, since you have acquired some more, I think it is safe to see if eating a second one causes further changes."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2017, 05:31:49 PM »
> "I find it quite amusing that the effects of that mushroom are capable of changing your clothes as well. It must have some really peculiar reaction effects."
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #336 on: March 07, 2017, 05:35:37 PM »
> "I find it quite amusing that the effects of that mushroom are capable of changing your clothes as well. It must have some really peculiar reaction effects."
> "Yes. It's interesting."
> Clarification request: Does making Marisa do things through strings cost us any of our magical resources? If so, how much?
> "Yes, since you have acquired some more, I think it is safe to see if eating a second one causes further changes."
> When you send magic into your dolls, you're giving them some to perform tasks until it's depleted. When using strings, the strings have the magic from you, giving you control of the doll directly, and still being able to send some into the doll to task it as well. Having strings attached for a while isn't recommended unless you're controlling them. For having them act on their own, sending magic in for tasks would be better.
> Yes, it costs your resources. Both do. Direct through strings costs less than tasks, as it's actively being used, rather than dumping some for a period.

> Marisa nods, eating one of the mushrooms.
> She doesn't flash, and it doesn't seem like she's changing any...
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #337 on: March 07, 2017, 05:40:12 PM »
> Continue watching with interest.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #338 on: March 07, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »
> Continue watching with interest.
> You watch...
> Nothing else seems to happen with her.
> "Hm..."
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #339 on: March 07, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »
> "I suppose that is a no."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #340 on: March 07, 2017, 06:45:14 PM »
> "I suppose that is a no."
> "It would seem so..." Marisa says. "Now, would either of you like to try one? Shanghai? Hourai?" She looks over.
> "S-Shanghai Shang. (N-No thank you.)" Shanghai shakes her head.
> Hourai stares at Marisa.
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #341 on: March 07, 2017, 06:46:59 PM »
> Look around the immediate area to see if there are any more while Hourai thinks.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #342 on: March 07, 2017, 06:50:37 PM »
> Look around the immediate area to see if there are any more while Hourai thinks.
> You look around...
> You don't see any more of those "Glamor Mushrooms" nearby.
> Hourai seems to snap to attention, shaking her head no.
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #343 on: March 07, 2017, 06:53:47 PM »
> "Mmm, there do not appear to be any more in the immediate vicinity. A shame."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #344 on: March 07, 2017, 06:55:24 PM »
> "Mmm, there do not appear to be any more in the immediate vicinity. A shame."
> "This is all we have to test with for now." Marisa says. "...You know, I believe the effects should've ran out by now."
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #345 on: March 07, 2017, 06:56:11 PM »
> "...Perhaps the second one increased the amount of time the effects will last?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #346 on: March 07, 2017, 06:58:53 PM »
> "...Perhaps the second one increased the amount of time the effects will last?"
> "That's what I was thinking as well..." Marisa thinks for a moment. "If another increases it's effects, do you believe it'd be possible to continue by eating more before time expires, or do you believe one would overdose from that?"
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #347 on: March 07, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
> "That depends. If you have felt no ill effects so far, then I would theorize that it is safely sustainable through constant consumption, but I cannot say for sure unless we try it. And we would need far more than three to try it to satisfaction, I imagine."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #348 on: March 07, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
> "That depends. If you have felt no ill effects so far, then I would theorize that it is safely sustainable through constant consumption, but I cannot say for sure unless we try it. And we would need far more than three to try it to satisfaction, I imagine."
> "I should look into a way to produce these mushrooms myself... Or make them more useful than they could be already..."
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #349 on: March 07, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »
> "Given their scarcity, I think reproduction should probably be the highest priority. It is your discovery, though, so I will defer to you."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #350 on: March 07, 2017, 07:15:03 PM »
> "Given their scarcity, I think reproduction should probably be the highest priority. It is your discovery, though, so I will defer to you."
> Marisa nods.
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #351 on: March 07, 2017, 07:15:23 PM »
> "Should we search around the area some more, just to be sure there are no more nearby?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #352 on: March 07, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »
> "Should we search around the area some more, just to be sure there are no more nearby?"
> "I think so." Marisa says. "Three left..."
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #353 on: March 07, 2017, 07:19:19 PM »
> "Very well. Lead the way, and I will follow."
> Follow Marisa around, looking around for more of these kinds of mushrooms as we go.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #354 on: March 07, 2017, 08:40:45 PM »
> "Very well. Lead the way, and I will follow."
> Follow Marisa around, looking around for more of these kinds of mushrooms as we go.
> You follow Marisa as you search for more of those mushrooms...
> After a bit of searching, Marisa flashes again.
> "Oh..."
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #355 on: March 07, 2017, 08:42:47 PM »
> "Hmm?"
> Watch for any new changes.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #356 on: March 07, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
> "Hmm?"
> Watch for any new changes.
> You watch.
> Marisa seems to shift back to her normal appearance, her clothes changing appropriately as well.
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #357 on: March 07, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »
> "Ah, it ended. Would you say that was twice as long as before?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2017, 08:49:39 PM »
> "Ah, it ended. Would you say that was twice as long as before?"
> "I guess." Marisa says. "Not seeing anymore around here though."
>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #359 on: March 07, 2017, 08:51:02 PM »
> "Hrm, unfortunate. Do you wish to continue searching, or head back to your house?"