Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 531507 times)

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Has anyone made title/bgm files for AoCF yet, like with ULiL? I'm dying to get the final boss's theme and Yukari's themes onto my phone.
Seconding this, I'd like to do the same.
Mwahahahahha!

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
#hisouten Discord has an invite for a dedicated AoCF Discord server pinned. That's propably anyone's best bet when it comes to matchmaking. Save for the in-game lobby of course.

https://discord.gg/JmaPW3E

Has anyone made title/bgm files for AoCF yet, like with ULiL? I'm dying to get the final boss's theme and Yukari's themes onto my phone.
There are bgm files for ULiL? I thought Touhou Music Room didn't support the fighters after 13.5.

You can manually extract the OST using th155arc; they'll be stored in data\bgm. It won't detect all the ogg files, so you'll need to use Trid to detect the rest. See Edit 2.

Edit: added link to brliron's updated th155arc.

Edit 2: The missing ogg filenames are in bgm.csv, which you can extract with extractCS. Add the ogg filenames and their corresponding sfl filenames to fileslist.txt, and th145arc will detect and extract all the bgm-related files.
Also be sure to extract the updated oggs and sfls from th155b.pak in addition to the files from th155.pak.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:21:14 PM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Is there a program that can extract the loop information from the SFL files? It seems like the Music Room could do that for the older fighters but not the newer ones, but that was due to doing it during the compression and whatnot.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Is there a program that can extract the loop information from the SFL files? It seems like the Music Room could do that for the older fighters but not the newer ones, but that was due to doing it during the compression and whatnot.
sfl2txt can do it. It extracts the loop points with microsecond precision. Multiply the loop points by 44100 to get samples, which is enough to easily loop tracks using e.g. Audacity.
Code: [Select]
Usage: sfl2txt-0_6_0.exe -r 44100 -i 155yukari1.sfl -o 155yukari1.txt
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:05:28 PM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Aha, a discord!

Meanwhile I think I might need to give up on a Doremy/Sumireko team. Slave!Sumireko just can't seem to meaningfully follow up from a ground melee tag due to the air throw, and the only way Doremy can mid-air tag is AAA2A j5a... which doesn't connect with the tag-melee unless it's in the corner via AAA2A j5a 8A... which is too much stun. (and also wildly inconsistent) They just aren't compatible master/slave. I couldn't find much the other way around either, but I have more testing to do there, at least?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Yo, there are people already working in sprite rips of the game.

But of particular interest for me are the effects of Mamizou's transformation spell card.

[EDIT: link edited out as per Drake's suggestion]

I guess Reisen's, Doremy's, and Tenshi's reasoning are obvious. Can someone confirm that comment section speculation about Yukari's? Also, what about the new characters'?

(Hey does posting data extracted from the game count as piracy discussion?)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:57:52 AM by Maple »

It could be connected to the urban legend that Yukari uses. Axolotls are known for their limb regeneration, and the Teke Teke is missing legs. I guess I could go so far as to say that the transformation "nullifies" the urban legend, but it's a bit of a stretch esp. since the other transformations aren't that deep.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:13:32 AM by Polaris »

CyberAngel

• Retired
Also, what about the new characters'?

Seems like they're named after flowers, and butterflies are the first thing you think of when you think flowers. Probably.

I guess Reisen's, Doremy's, and Tenshi's reasoning are obvious. Can someone confirm that comment section speculation about Yukari's?
An Axolotl is an Amphibian, but it doesn't need to Metamorphose to become an adult, in a way you could say they are on the border of childhood and adulthood. Or it could be because they're considered "walking fish" mistakenly when they are really amphibian. Border of fish and amphibian?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

CyberAngel

• Retired
LOL. Nice idea!

Maple

• Mukyuu!
A friend just told me that not butterflies, but moths, would fit better, given the theme of pestilence.

Drake

(Hey does posting data extracted from the game count as piracy discussion?)
Sprites should not be shared as doing so is a violation of ZUN's derivative guidelines, but this isn't really policed here, particularly with danmakufu people that tend to use them as permanent ""placeholder"" sprites. At the very least do not use them for anything beyond strictly personal use, and do not facilitate their redistribution if at all possible. Editing out the link itself would be appreciated, by me at least.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:14:46 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Lightseeker

• Aurora
I haven't play the game yet, but I'm curious about the occult attacks of the new characters.

Can anyone briefly describe what each new character's occult attack does?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Yukari's urban legend is about a girl who got cut in half by a train and became a monster that cuts others in half; she achieves both of these via gap shenanigans, herself in her occult and the opponent in her LW. Tenshi's urban legend is HAARP, about the conspiracy theories that it would be used to control the weather. So, she can generate lightning storms (similar to her weather shenanigans in SWR). Doremy can open holes to the dream world (summons a bunch of bullets), and her LW is about some creature that folklore said is responsible for sleep paralysis.

And the final boss afaik doesn't actually have an urban legend, they have, uh, something else.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
...Doremy can open holes to the dream world (summons a bunch of bullets), and her LW is about some creature that folklore said is responsible for sleep paralysis.

The Night Hag? That may be the case, since the literal Japanese cultural term for sleep paralysis ('to be bound by metal') would make sense for Doremy's Last Word, since she does bind your dream soul with metal chains...
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Lightseeker

• Aurora
Yukari's urban legend is about a girl who got cut in half by a train and became a monster that cuts others in half; she achieves both of these via gap shenanigans, herself in her occult and the opponent in her LW.
Ah, that would be the Teke Teke.

This has been requested a lot, so here, I rewrote a TFBMTool able to convert 8-bits images with palette (that one doesn't support repacking yet). With this, you can convert the bmp sprites to PNG.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/213769640852193282/397749415902969857/TFBMTool.exe
Usage: TFBMTool.exe in.[bmp|png] [palette.bmp]
For example: TFBMTool.exe winA0000.bmp palette000.bmp

Oh, brliron is here. Is there going to be a static English patch like there was for ULiL or is it going to be thcrap only? Just for curiosity's sake, I don't mind either method.

Actually it's probably safer to assume that Doremy just doesn't have a specific urban legend associated with her. I think sleep paralysis/kanashibari is a bit of a stretch considering her whole "opening portals to dreamland" thing is kind of unrelated.

Since Doremy's A+B occult special is called "Interfering Dreamland" (干渉するドリームランド) and she's got the whole "amusement park" thing going on, the most likely candidate for her Urban Legend (if she has one at all) is, imo, Nara Dreamland and/or Yokohama Dreamland. Nara's in particular was a suuuuuper popular urban exploration spot until it got torn down a little over a year ago. If you've ever seen a "creepy abandoned amusement parks" photoset, I'd bet there's a good chance that Nara Dreamland was in there.

e: oh, also unabara's said on twitter that the update patch they have planned for the Steam release day will include additional boss spell cards. they were prob. scramblin' to finish all the players rather than cpu bosses before comiket this time, i imagine
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:27:56 AM by gilde »

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
Pretty sure Doremy's UL is the Kanashibari thing, due to the metal chains in her artwork, and for her Occult Attack, since the whole plot involves the Dream World, IMO, is just her trying to suck the dream versions into the dreamworld again.

If Sumireko is any indication in this game, you don't have to match your occult attack to your last world (Doppelganger vs. Lunar Capital Death Ray), Marisa's LW is a the most well known of the 7 Mysteries of the School, and Jo'on doesn't even bother to use an occult attack and just uses her sister.

Personally, I am amused by Yukari's decision to go with the whole Urban Legend thing. She's clearly enjoying this :V
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

the metal chains aren't even the focus of her last word, it's the key and lock B( it's not kanashibari

I don't think Doremy has an Urban Legend per se. She's just doing her own thing. She's not a resident of Gensokyo in the first place, and only visits it during the game through her astral clones. She's not affected by the Perfect Possession incident either.

It's kind of Doremy's "thing" that she can do pretty much anything she wants.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:56:41 AM by Clarste »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Everyone else's profile on the site mentions their Urban Legend, but Doremy's only mentions manipulating Dream Souls. She just uses her dream world shenanigans instead of an actual urban legend, I guess.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

This can be found while snooping around in the game's sprites; Direct connections via Steam Friends confirmed?

Lightseeker

• Aurora
If Sumireko is any indication in this game, you don't have to match your occult attack to your last world (Doppelganger vs. Lunar Capital Death Ray), Marisa's LW is a the most well known of the 7 Mysteries of the School, and Jo'on doesn't even bother to use an occult attack and just uses her sister.

Now that you mention it, did Sumireko get a new occult attack in AoCF? Didn't she had a different one in ULiL? (the one the summon occult ball)

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
Now that you mention it, did Sumireko get a new occult attack in AoCF? Didn't she had a different one in ULiL? (the one the summon occult ball)
On AoCF, she can summon a doppelganger of herself. I haven't played around much with it. On ULiL, she summoned the occult balls to attack, and shot a laser if used during an Occult Ball apparition.
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Oh, brliron is here. Is there going to be a static English patch like there was for ULiL or is it going to be thcrap only? Just for curiosity's sake, I don't mind either method.
I don't plan to make one this year. Maybe later, if I can find enough time to make one.

Nusp

When playing as Byakuren I've had it happen rarely that I'll throw two or even three projectiles at once, instead of a single one. Is this a glitch, or some feature I don't understand?