Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 531808 times)

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
I just realized how
Spoiler:
this game's story is very similar to that fangame The Nightmare of Rebellion, where a baku(Mo Mengniang) and dreams in general play a big part, and you use "doppels" as slaves much like Perfect Possession. You go to the outside world, heaven(through the tower of babel), Yukari's one of the main protagonists(kinda), among other similarities. That leads me to think that maybe the two games have the same cultural origins regarding the main story?

Since there's still no Story and Translation pages in the wiki for AoCF, I think I'll just ask here.

When you fight Yukari and get to her spellcard, a prompt appears on screen when she puts up a barrier and appears to be charging up. What does it say?

7TC7

• In best company
Since there's still no Story and Translation pages in the wiki for AoCF, I think I'll just ask here.

When you fight Yukari and get to her spellcard, a prompt appears on screen when she puts up a barrier and appears to be charging up. What does it say?

I can't read it, but I assume it's tutorialising you to switch to your Slave when Bosses put up red barriers, because thats the whole gimmick of her spell.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
Finally got the game to work. Want to know if it's possible to change amount of rounds and,timer and/or Damage Ratio for versus mode, because battles are dissapointingly short...
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So a new Touhou fighter, means a new Day 1 Koishi combo video.

I feel combos are a bit iffy. Like...tag combos could've had even more freedom but it's restricted by Tasofro stun mechanics which bums me a lot more than I thought it would when finding more combos.

PK

• Border of Whatever
How do you extract pictures and stuff like the animated sprites from the game?

I can't read it, but I assume it's tutorialising you to switch to your Slave when Bosses put up red barriers, because thats the whole gimmick of her spell.

I did try that but the prompt doesn't go away. And it's not like you have to switch to beat the spell in the first place, so that can't be it.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
I did try that but the prompt doesn't go away. And it's not like you have to switch to beat the spell in the first place, so that can't be it.

Pretty sure it's similar to Mokou's Final Spell on ULiL Extra Stage. IIRC, the message read something like "Survive until your opponent burns away" or something.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:36:12 PM by TheTeff007 »

Does anyone know when you can use last words?

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
It seems like you can't graze the darker danmaku unless you switch out with your partner, which means you'll be forced to take damage otherwise.
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
Does anyone know when you can use last words?

When both spell gauges (Master and Slave) and the Possesion Gauge are full. press C+D (Aka Special + Partner) to use the LW.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
So a new Touhou fighter, means a new Day 1 Koishi combo video.

I feel combos are a bit iffy. Like...tag combos could've had even more freedom but it's restricted by Tasofro stun mechanics which bums me a lot more than I thought it would when finding more combos.
I'm now realizing there are more tag-out attacks than just the basic melee rush; there's also tag bullets and you can tag into whatever C direction special you just used >_> Oh god too many possibilities. The combo potential is kind of scary, just learning a basic set of general purpose combos for a main is gonna be a lot more demanding than usual. ...especially since it will involve a second main.

Also I was stupid when trying to do Koishi combos because a lot of stuff I thought didn't work, clearly does in your video XD And AAA8A chains into A again if you don't use any cancels... *facepalm* I totally missed that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Has anyone made title/bgm files for AoCF yet, like with ULiL? I'm dying to get the final boss's theme and Yukari's themes onto my phone.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Guys, I can't run my game, it shows up in the processes but it never opens the window, what do I do?
I'm having the same problem here. Does anyone know how to fix this?

When both spell gauges (Master and Slave) and the Possesion Gauge are full. press C+D (Aka Special + Partner) to use the LW.
Thank you!  :)

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
You know what Jo'on makes me think of with her power (and what she is really)? You know these women that become men's boyfriend simply for their wealth and leave them once either the man is indebt and/or refuses to buy her more stuff over the pretext that "he doesn't love me anymore so he doesn't buy me more things". And then she moves on to another man, just to do the same thing. Over and over. And, of course, these women don't really have money for themselves: they rely on their "boyfriend"'s wealth. Jo'on is the personification of that.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
You know what Jo'on makes me think of with her power (and what she is really)? You know these women that become men's boyfriend simply for their wealth and leave them once either the man is indebt and/or refuses to buy her more stuff over the pretext that "he doesn't love me anymore so he doesn't buy me more things". And then she moves on to another man, just to do the same thing. Over and over. And, of course, these women don't really have money for themselves: they rely on their "boyfriend"'s wealth. Jo'on is the personification of that.

Spoiler:
In the final ending of the game it's confirmed Jo'on does this except as a scam artist instead of a girlfriend
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Answering a few technical questions.

First, that one have been asked a lot, the game really *doesn't* have a lot of story-mode spellcards. It's not a bug. I just checked the Tenshi files, stage 1 to 4 have 0 spellcards, and stage 5 has 2 spellcards.

Then, for data extraction, you can use this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r0s5hX1n094kMcsTNKfrb5pFoKhWlja4
Extract all this into the game directory, open a command prompt (Shift+Right Click on a free space in the folder, then "Open command prompt here"), type th145arc.exe /x th155.pak , then enter, wait until it is finished, then type, th145arc.exe /x th155.pak , then enter, wait until it is finished. I know I should rename it to th155arc.exe, but I forgot, and it doesn't really matter.
PNG and CSV files use a proprietary format, and you need a tool to extract them. It is also in the zip file, run extractBM (for images) and extractCS (for CSVs).

And for BMP files, that's a bit harder because extractBM isn't good enough to extract them (they are 8-bit files using an external palette). You can see and edit them with a slightly updated version of the palette editor I made for th145: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/249233979033518080/396617176062230528/Th145_palette_editor.zip
I know only 1 palette is displayed for Joon, but I have way too many things to do right now to fix that.
Also, PNG and GIF export have been requested, but I don't have time for that either. If you want to do it yourself: https://github.com/brliron/Th145-palette-editor (for th155 support, you just need to replace the th145arc.exe and fileslist.txt with the one from th155arc).

First, that one have been asked a lot, the game really *doesn't* have a lot of story-mode spellcards. It's not a bug. I just checked the Tenshi files, stage 1 to 4 have 0 spellcards, and stage 5 has 2 spellcards.

Damn. Any idea why? Especially the 0 spellcards on some stages thing is just plain weird, it's like the opponents are not even trying.

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
Could that be the "missing functionality" Unabara apologised for? If so, I hope that'll be rectified soon. It's just weird for it to be like this.
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

Nusp

Jo'on's sprites and animations look a tad amateurish, especially compared to the gorgeous Shion sprites. They're also clearly unfinished, as on some of them the inside of her coat has that masking effect, and on others this solid orange color.

https://i.imgur.com/aU9tMVF.png

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
tenshi's sprites are unfinished too, 'cause when she moves left or right, her face color turns 100% white, as if they forgot to fill it in.
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

Nusp

tenshi's sprites are unfinished too, 'cause when she moves left or right, her face color turns 100% white, as if they forgot to fill it in.
Oh my god you're right. https://i.imgur.com/K5ZiwB8.png

Answering a few technical questions.

I truly hope thats the missing content thats being talked about then, because otherwise that would be fairly pathetic.

Hawk

• Babababa~
So, I'm checking out the web demo while awaiting the steam release, and I'm having an issue rebinding any controls.

Basically, when I try to customize any key, the game freezes, and will continue to do so until the window loses focus and regains it, at which point the binding will either be set to Y- (if it's a gamepad key), or the default key (if it's for keyboard).

I'm guessing this issue will also be in the steam version, so I'm trying to figure out the issue now.

Someone said that the "missing spellcards" thing could be the AoCF equivalent of some fights in ULiL consisting only of a spellcard with no regular fight before it and then they end. Just something done so as not to drag out unimportant fights.

It seems like you can't graze the darker danmaku unless you switch out with your partner, which means you'll be forced to take damage otherwise.
Is that what the prompt says? Oh, so I guess Yukari's attack is basically Ikaruga: The Spellcard.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
If anyone knows any groups for ACoF stuff (like a discord server, etc) that'd be pretty neat, I'm starting to figure out how the heck this game's controls really work (god the move triggers on tag combos are weird) and feeling like I vaguely know how to play a Doremy/Sumireko team in either order. With Sumireko master, getting 2.9k damage off Sumireko's huge dashB with a double tag combo is kind of awesome, and their double spell gets like 5.5k damage >.> Jeeeez.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
If anyone knows any groups for ACoF stuff (like a discord server, etc) that'd be pretty neat, I'm starting to figure out how the heck this game's controls really work (god the move triggers on tag combos are weird) and feeling like I vaguely know how to play a Doremy/Sumireko team in either order. With Sumireko master, getting 2.9k damage off Sumireko's huge dashB with a double tag combo is kind of awesome, and their double spell gets like 5.5k damage >.> Jeeeez.

I second this, plus I want to play with others, there is a lot of potential now that I realized how tag specials, melee and projectiles work but there are some restrictions, all in all this game feels pretty diverse.

I second this, plus I want to play with others, there is a lot of potential now that I realized how tag specials, melee and projectiles work but there are some restrictions, all in all this game feels pretty diverse.
Try #shinkirou on irc.rizon.net. With interest in ULiL long gone AoCF players will likely liven things up once more.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
Jo'on's sprites and animations look a tad amateurish, especially compared to the gorgeous Shion sprites. They're also clearly unfinished, as on some of them the inside of her coat has that masking effect, and on others this solid orange color.

https://i.imgur.com/aU9tMVF.png
Also, Shion's fire hair texture applies to one of her legs.