Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 531636 times)

Spoiler:
Gameplay-wise, story mode is pretty boring so far. Most battles only have a single spell-card (including Yukari), some don't even have a single one, and all the spell cards are very simple and unimpressive. Again, emphasis on Yukari, her one spell card is incredibly lame.
It's a shame too because the premise of tag spell cards being a recurrent thing in story mode had a lot of potential, but they took the least creative route on that.
The AI is pretty poor too.

Apparently, from what I hear, there's a bug that causes story mode to skip the majority of the spellcards. The new patch should fix it. The validity of my source is questionable though.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
1.01 is being played on stream though.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Oh dear...I guess that means multiple day 1 patches might be a thing...they did say it'd be like HM in that regard, iirc...  :ohdear:
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Nusp

Apparently, from what I hear, there's a bug that causes story mode to skip the majority of the spellcards. The new patch should fix it. The validity of my source is questionable though.
I doubt that. The teams that are getting no spell cards in their campaigns (
Spoiler:
Nitori-Kokoro, Futo-Ichirin
, etc.) are also the only teams not fighting the new girls at the end. I'm pretty sure they just made their story campaigns less substantial since they're less important to the story. Kind of like how in ULIL, when you fought Nitori, Kokoro or Koishi, their battles consisted only of a spell card.

LMAO @ MIKO AND BYAKUREN'S STORY
Spoiler:
miko's like 'yo koishi we wanna try something cmere for a sec', koishi comes over, byakuren's like 'OK NOW' and has ichirin ambush-possess koishi

e:
I doubt that. The teams that are getting no spell cards in their campaigns (
Spoiler:
Nitori-Kokoro, Futo-Ichirin
, etc.) are also the only teams not fighting the new girls at the end. I'm pretty sure they just made their story campaigns less substantial since they're less important to the story. Kind of like how in ULIL, when you fought Nitori, Kokoro or Koishi, their battles consisted only of a spell card.
Miko/Byakuren have an enemy card on Stage 1 but not 2, though, and they do fight the new bosses. weird........

edit: altho in-story the enemy partner's actively fighting in stage 1 but not 2, and the cardless enemy pairs i saw so far in Nitori/Kokoro say in dialogue that they're having a hard time syncing up. maybe meant to be story-justified like that :V scratch that futo was still fighting apparently
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 05:33:25 AM by gilde »

Drake

This story keeps getting more and more fucked up it's great lmao

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

im still trailing behind on the stream but the chat is talking about
Spoiler:
THREE SUMIREKOS! THREE! AH AH AH

e: lmAO
Spoiler:
byakuren's like 'ooh we're at the prismriver concert now? who are we gonna fight here?' miko's like 'no i'm just scheduled to give a speech here'

vv LORD
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 05:42:59 AM by gilde »

Drake

Spoiler:
Doremy is getting involved because those that are Slaves are actually their Dream World selves and Perfect Possession brings them to Gensokyo, causing some weirdness. This is the same way Sumireko comes to Gensokyo, but her case is different because her real self is in the Outside World. It looks like in Doremy-Sumireko, Yukari sends them to the Outside World, so there's her real self, her doppelganger, and her Dream World self?? I think??

Spoiler:
Now it looks like Dream World selves are appearing separately from the original person lol
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:17:19 AM by Drake »

Spoiler:
Now it looks like Dream World selves are appearing separately from the original person lol

UH OH!!! UH OH
Spoiler:
so the actual plotline is "these two goobers try to rob a bunch of concertgoers and accidentally overrun the place with clones" lmaooooo

Drake

Spoiler:
Yukari solves everything by swapping Master/Slave positions or something so that when Jo'on tries to possess you she ends up the Slave of Reimu and Shion ends up the Master of Yukari, splitting them up. I am very confused

Spoiler:
lmao now Joon-Shion get a scenario where they have to catch all the Dream World clones hahaha

Spoiler:
JOON HAS SUCH A GOOD COMMAND GRAB

Spoiler:
NAMAZU OUT OF NOWHERE
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:37:57 AM by Drake »

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
At this point we could just say most things in this game are absolutely iconic and save time.  :V

Also
Spoiler:
Playable Joon can apparently make Coin Sounds, which can also lead to a 1Up Sound. Game of the year, tbh.

Drake

Spoiler:
fans "we want swr and soku back" unabara "ok lol"

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Spoiler:
NAMAZU OUT OF NOWHERE

LIKE I SAID

GAME OF THE FREAKING YEAR

EDIT:
Spoiler:
apparently shion is Not Playable according to the wiki??? i hope that only applies to story mode or i'm gonna be a sad ghost...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:12:10 AM by ☆ Kana ☆ »

Drake

Spoiler:
Shion acts a familiar to Joon, who is the playable character. Joon doesn't swap with her either, they just work differently.

Spoiler:
Shion basically functions as Joon's Unzou in terms of gameplay, I believe.

Spoiler:
oh god Yukari's last word is so creepy she slices her opponent in half and THE MUSIC STOPS AT THAT MOMENT

As expected as her Urban Legend

Spoiler:
So wait... I'm totally lost as to how this whole "steal people's stuff by possessing them" works...
Spoiler:
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
What's Doremy's UL?  And the final boss's?

What's Doremy's UL?  And the final boss's?

Spoiler:
The final boss doesn't have an urban legend. You use their "occult attack" to manipulate Shion, and their last word isn't done in the same style as the others (it uses something closer to standars spellcard format than the anime episode title thing the occult last words had). No idea about Doremy's.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
Spoiler:
So Jo'on's coin and 1-up SFX are also used in Super Marisa Land, which was also made by Tasofro
Tasofro inserting their own games into canon what xdddddddddd
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Drake

They already did that by Nitori using gadgets from Shoot Shoot Nitori!

Also I can confirm after rereading the scene that
Spoiler:
Yukari stops their shenanigans by swapping who is Master and Slave just as Joon takes possession of Reimu, leaving Reimu Master of Joon and Shion Master of Yukari.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
It seems that the options for simple backgrounds and frame skip from ULiL are absent, just like in the demo, and, taking into account the people I have asked, optimization is just as bad compared to ULiL. So don't expect 60 FPS if you had the same problem in the demo.

Guys, I can't run my game, it shows up in the processes but it never opens the window, what do I do?

Spoiler:
Catfish!!!

Am I right in assuming that the story mode is bugged and there should be more spellcards?

I really hope the
Spoiler:
story mode having little spellcards is a bug, otherwise, given the creative room they had with the possession and the like,
that would be a fairly big disappointment.

As far as the rest goes, I really hope they won't pull
Spoiler:
"ACTUALLY Yukari is the real boss" ,[/spoilers] that would be fairly lame

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
They've been doing this since SWR, tbh, when they gave Reisen and Yuyuko their Megamari boss attacks as spellcards.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
What are the chances of there being DLC characters for this game?  In terms of character quality, it's a step back down compared to 12.3, and it's hard to see sequels with lesser characters than its predecessors, but I do know there are a few games out there that do this (MvC3, for example).

But then, wouldn't be surprised if this roster is the final count...

v1.01 is out: http://tasofro.net/touhou155/download.html
And the th155arc I wrote for the demo works with the v1.01 th155b.pak. I'm really surprised. That just makes patching easier - and also suggests that they didn't add any anti-hack thing. I'm really optimistic about thcrap support now.
I heard they included the Evening Falls arrange in the patch. To extract it with th155arc, do I need a filename, or can I just extract the pak and use a separate tool to detect ogg files?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD