Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 531910 times)

"Anti-Characters"  or "Shadow Versions" are the last thing Touhou needs and if that is actually the final boss it might be the most disappointing reveal in the history of the game series

It depends. The final boss might be Linnah's idea, but it could be caused by another ( and new ) character whose power is to create those " shadow versions ", but is harmless on her own.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Well, assuming this character can only make one "shadow version" at a time, it would explain why she can't be defeated by anyone alone.
The battle would always be "you" vs "yourself and her", so she would keep a X+1 advantage in most cases :V

It depends. The final boss might be Linnah's idea, but it could be caused by another ( and new ) character whose power is to create those " shadow versions ", but is harmless on her own.

Even if, "Shadow versions" and the like have been so outdone by so many franchises, it would be awfully boring, unoriginal and uncreative.

v1.01 is out: http://tasofro.net/touhou155/download.html
And the th155arc I wrote for the demo works with the v1.01 th155b.pak. I'm really surprised. That just makes patching easier - and also suggests that they didn't add any anti-hack thing. I'm really optimistic about thcrap support now.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
And people are already digging through the patch, and they're finding neat stuff.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:54:45 PM by Spotty Len »

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
New girl(s) coming soon!

:)

Here  we go! Comiket time!
Je pense, donc je suis.

And people are already digging through the patch, and they're finding neat stuff.

Care to throw a link for those digged files? This thread is against spoilers afterall.

TWITTER PICS OF FINAL BOSS (BIG SPOILER TOWN)

e:
Spoiler:
Fortune goddess Yorigami Joon (依神女苑) and her sister, poverty god Shion (紫苑)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:40:49 AM by gilde »

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Ayy

Spoiler:
pimp clothes

I foresee memes

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
ojou_laugh.jpg
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Going by the above linked screenshots, the motive behind the incident is apparently that
Spoiler:
Shion (the binbougami) wanted to possess her sister Joon to try and receive some of her fortune blessings.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Ohoho,
Spoiler:
Touhou has a Shion now~ Len'en who~?

Also, I'm presuming
Spoiler:
Joon is the one with the ojou laugh pose there. It'd be hilariously appropriate if so.
  :V
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

They're named after
Spoiler:
the daisy fleabane (himejo'on in JP) and Philadelphia fleabane (harujion in JP)
respectively. Antinomous common flowers

CyberAngel

• Retired
Holy crap!
Spoiler:
Might be just me, but seems like the latest WaHH chapter hints at them to boot! Thanks, C-man! Guess we can expect them to show up in the next one or something.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Holy crap!
Spoiler:
Might be just me, but seems like the latest WaHH chapter hints at them to boot! Thanks, C-man! Guess we can expect them to show up in the next one or something.
I kinda doubt that seeing how WaHH is already past-HSiFS. Would be pretty neat though.

Boss songs are
Spoiler:
憑坐は夢と現の間に ~ Necro-Fantasia
and
Spoiler:
今宵は飄逸なエゴイスト(Live ver) ~ Egoistic Flowers.
JP sections translate to uhhh
Spoiler:
"The Yorimashi Sits Between Dream and Reality"
and...
Spoiler:
..."Tonight is an Easygoing Egoist?" "Tonight we're having a(...)"? "This Night Stars a(...)"? Sounds like a 'this gal's our performer tonight' sorta thing so I like "Tonight Stars an Easygoing Egoist". The "easygoing" part is pronounced hyouitsu-na in a pun on 'possession' (hyoui)

Spoiler:
2ch thread is wondering if Yukari's secretly the real final boss. might just be the midboss tho imo
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:25:20 AM by gilde »

re: above post about boss songs
Spoiler:
I saw the spoiler about Necro-Fantasia and was confused how it connected to the new characters, but knowing that they have their own theme I guess it's more likely that Necro-Fantasia is a story mode theme for Yukari. (I'd totally be down for Yukari being the secret final boss though lol)

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
The
Spoiler:
(Live ver)
in the final boss theme title feels really fitting for
Spoiler:
someone like Joon
, tbh~ (even tho that's prooooobably not the reason for it being there  :V )
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:40:17 AM by ☆ Kana ☆ »

god what if
Spoiler:
zun made good on his 'give the final boss theme lyrics' idea from hsifs
. What If

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
god what if
Spoiler:
zun made good on his 'give the final boss theme lyrics' idea from hsifs
. What If

I read that as
Spoiler:
ZUN singing lyrics to the final boss theme in an "ojou"-type voice
and honestly, best late christmas present ever.

EDIT: Here's a stream~!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:03:28 AM by ☆ Kana ☆ »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
unfortunately, live doesn't mean a ZUN song with real singing; it's "live"
Spoiler:
in the sense that the final battle against Jo'on and Shion takes place in front of a live performance of the Prisimrivers w/ Raiko, which is The Best Oh My God

E!!!!:
Spoiler:
THE FINAL SPELLCARD SWAPS YOUR SLAVES SO YOU HAVE SHION TACKED ON AND YOU FIGHT YOUR OWN SLAVE WHAT WHAT WHAT
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:40:39 AM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

unfortunately, live doesn't mean a ZUN song with real singing; it's "live"
Spoiler:
in the sense that the final battle against Jo'on and Shion takes place in front of a live performance of the Prisimrivers w/ Raiko, which is The Best Oh My God

E!!!!:
Spoiler:
THE FINAL SPELLCARD SWAPS YOUR SLAVES SO YOU HAVE SHION TACKED ON AND YOU FIGHT YOUR OWN SLAVE WHAT WHAT WHAT
LMAO PERFECT

edit: oh my godddddd lolllll
Spoiler:
Joon's not a fortune goddess she's a pestilence goddess, she possesses people and steals their fortune for herself. they literally caused this incident so they can rob the crowd at a prismriver concert im cackling

Spoiler:
the crowd is cheering in the boss bgm i love this
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:18:18 AM by gilde »

Spoiler:
I friggin love the fact that Joon's 'spellcards' are credit cards she takes from her purse.  10/10 boss

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle

edit: oh my godddddd lolllll
Spoiler:
Joon's not a fortune goddess she's a pestilence goddess, she possesses people and steals their fortune for herself. they literally caused this incident so they can rob the crowd at a prismriver concert im cackling

I'M CRI SO BASICALLY THIS WHOLE INCIDENT WAS JUST BECAUSE
Spoiler:
JOON (and shion maybe???) WANTED CASHMONEYS THAT'S SO ICONIC???

I'M CRI SO BASICALLY THIS WHOLE INCIDENT WAS JUST BECAUSE
Spoiler:
JOON (and shion maybe???) WANTED CASHMONEYS THAT'S SO ICONIC???

ya
Spoiler:
shion's tagging along bc a) she wants cashmoneys too and b) (hilariously enough) having shion swap w/ the player team's slave in the last spell card means the player pairs end up beating each other up. this is why the incident "isn't solvable through regular means"-- i imagine-- not because the culprit is super-powerful or A Big Plot-Twist Lady or anything fancy like in ULiL, but because!! it's a couple of petty-theft weirdos cheating in a really dumb and simple way!! i love it

Nusp

Spoiler:
Gameplay-wise, story mode is pretty boring so far. Most battles only have a single spell-card (including Yukari), some don't even have a single one, and all the spell cards are very simple and unimpressive. Again, emphasis on Yukari, her one spell card is incredibly lame.
It's a shame too because the premise of tag spell cards being a recurrent thing in story mode had a lot of potential, but they took the least creative route on that.
The AI is pretty poor too.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Oh man, those music references.

Spoiler:
I love the fact that some of the music that play during certain parts of certain games were rearranged as themes for the fight with some of the characters from such or such other game in this. Like for Sumireko, what's with her fight theme involving parts of her ULiL pre-battle theme, or for Tenshi and her SWR pre-battle theme, or for Kokoro (in human viallge) and that HM theme. Pretty nice touch. And I swear I heard bits of voyage 1969 during the Reisen - Shinmyoumarufight

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
so is the game out already? or is only the trial out now?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

ya
Spoiler:
shion's tagging along bc a) she wants cashmoneys too and b) (hilariously enough) having shion swap w/ the player team's slave in the last spell card means the player pairs end up beating each other up. this is why the incident "isn't solvable through regular means"-- i imagine-- not because the culprit is super-powerful or A Big Plot-Twist Lady or anything fancy like in ULiL, but because!! it's a couple of petty-theft weirdos cheating in a really dumb and simple way!! i love it
The story is sounding fantastically goofy. Very nice.

Though I'm having trouble understanding the significance of
Spoiler:
swapping partners in the final spellcard. Sure you're beating up your partner, but is there anything else that I missed that's special about the swap?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD