Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 531575 times)

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Interesting!

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Truly we live in the weirdest of timelines.

This must have been the most impactful year of Touhou for the west in all honesty

question is if we can expect engrish a la 16 Announcements or Wronglish a la NISA.

When can we expect more info on this/the game release? Do they put up their stand on the 29th already?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
question is if we can expect engrish a la 16 Announcements or Wronglish a la NISA.

I would not expect Engrish at all, particularly if the game is slated for Steam release. If Frontier Aja can get English editors for their fangame, ZUN and Tasofro certainly can get them for their official game.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

UNABARA JUST ANNOUNCED AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION IS PLANNED TO BE ADDED

No other details at the moment but you bet your sweet bippy I will be grilling him at Comiket.

https://youtu.be/3Uw4MA_j3uY

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

What a pleasant surprise!  I was going to buy it even in Japanese, but this makes my life even easier.

Whoa, this animation kicks ridiculous amount of ass.

https://twitter.com/tasofro/status/945990542533394432

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Please Rightlish a la XSEED.

Poison Cat

Nusp

Im really happy that Yukari has a train card

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
I'm not sure, but it looks like those images come from a livestream
Mwahahahahha!

Yukari's train card (「無人廃線車両爆弾」) is a pun on the train bombs from Shin Godzilla and I love it. fandom crossover jokes getting canonized is the best thing

It's from the "Touhou Station" livestream. Some gameplay was shown.

Also daaaaang does anyone have a recording of this, I wanna seeee

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
If you have a premium subscription, you can watch it anytime. Otherwise you'll have to wait until the game comes out, more than likely.

(?・ω・`)しょぼーん。Ah well!

Dug around for screenshots/twitter comments/etc. anyway; found Doremy's card select and the stage select menu (w/ super cool petal design). Yukari's Urban Legend is the teke-teke (!) and she splits herself in half.

Also according to Unabara the final boss theme is Super Extremely Good, but they can't play it on stream. (unabara: "cause if you listen to it you'll clue into some stuff" mario: "like, if you hear it, you'll be all 'oh man is this such-and-such character'?" unabara: "half right. oh but i shouldnt say any more lol") mystERiouss

Mima confirmed???
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
>Official English translation

Seriously, what dimension am I in???  :o
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Whoa, this animation kicks ridiculous amount of ass.

https://twitter.com/tasofro/status/945990542533394432
If only 15.5 also had ground battle too...

Drake

it actually is mima

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

it actually is mima
Don't play with my heart Drake. You're one of the, like, 5 people who know things. I trusted you.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Realistically, all I expect is foreshadowing to Okina.

But who knows, maybe they'll actually pull something unexpected out.

Poison Cat

Colour palette selection and some stage selection options:

Found them here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/waremokou686/archives/5984642.html

In an alternative timeline Tasofro is about to release Mima and Yuuka as a pair and caused the worldwide destruction of the internet

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
If there were ever a time for Mima to re-appear, I suppose this would be it, given she's more or less an urban legend herself.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Considering how far they're willing to go with promoting this, I can almost see it.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Even Leo got his oscar. Why shouldn't Mima regain the playable status that was originally hers ? I call for justice

My bet is that, dull as it sounds, the final boss(es?) is some Dark-Version of either Reimu or Marisa.  Or both? 

The sillouetes look a lot like them both.  I'm not a fan of anti-characters, but I'd not be surprised if that was the reason why the theme would give it away.  It could always be also some kind of mash-up of both their themes together.

I know this sounds insane, but since the Hakurei Shrine is technically not in gensokyo nor the outside world, perhaps it's the Outside World's Hakurei Shrine Maiden?
Je pense, donc je suis.

"Anti-Characters"  or "Shadow Versions" are the last thing Touhou needs and if that is actually the final boss it might be the most disappointing reveal in the history of the game series