Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 532054 times)

Most of the clips are probably not from Story Mode but the Shinmyoumaru VS. Doremy one, like, super is, since that thing Doremy's using with the fancy castle background definitely ain't a player card. Plus Shinmyoumaru (~*legendary hero descendant*~) and Tenshi (ROWDY EARTHQUAKE GAL 2008) match each other's "fitting for nobility" and "outrageous" partner descriptors pretty well imo

Most of the clips are probably not from Story Mode but the Shinmyoumaru VS. Doremy one, like, super is, since that thing Doremy's using with the fancy castle background definitely ain't a player card. Plus Shinmyoumaru (~*legendary hero descendant*~) and Tenshi (ROWDY EARTHQUAKE GAL 2008) match each other's "fitting for nobility" and "outrageous" partner descriptors pretty well imo
The background thing is surrounded by Occult Balls, though, so it's probably her Occult attack.

The background thing is surrounded by Occult Balls
Did you forgot, that Occult Balls had disappeared after ULiL?  I think, this purple things are actually a Dream Souls.

AndyPyro

• Dangerous Stranger
  • Hi Hey Hello Hai Hola
That's actually her doppelganger urban legend. It has already been in ULiL in the form of whoever you fight in a mirror match, and is hinted to be so by various victory quotes. More than summoning shadow clones, it's just her using her urban legend.
I'm not gonna lie.  That's actually pretty cool if it's true.  I imagine just how interesting things are gonna get with that now.

Away from that, I'm honestly pretty hyped now that I've heard some of the new arranges and seen the new playables in action.
Although I'm also wondering why Shinmyoumaru got a new arrange.  Perhaps she'll have a bigger role? heh
Even more so if you consider the current icon for AoCF and Shinmyoumaru's bowl as well.  Either way, consider me sold.
I originally mentioned Kasen's theme as well, but then I remembered that her theme was used as a penultimate boss theme.  Whoops.

Honestly, I feel there's a ton of things I want to take a look at from the current video as well...  But I'll wait a bit before doing so.

Tenshi floats around on a KEYSTONE and uses her SWR / UNL flight animation.  That also has me sold

PK

• Border of Whatever
Did you forgot, that Occult Balls had disappeared after ULiL?  I think, this purple things are actually a Dream Souls.
Yes, seeing Doremy's description they are probably dream souls.

Still, was it actually said what happened to the occult balls? Occult attacks are still there, the urban legends are still going on, and Marisa has the Lunar occult ball. The other balls had the property of coming back to their original owner after a while.

Drake

It's mentioned in the final ending that they were returned to the Outside World. They've probably just gone back to their original locations as "Power Stones".

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

So based from what I saw in the trailer, Yukari's occult allows her to set up a crack that grows larger and can only be activated when the opponent makes contact with it. Her character profile states that it can be one of the possibilies:

"mysterious detritus, a dimensional rift, or even Yukari herself"

Her profile also implied that it's random, but is it really though? I mean there are only three outcomes, so there must be a sequence, just like Marisa's occult right?

It's mentioned in the final ending that they were returned to the Outside World. They've probably just gone back to their original locations as "Power Stones".

The girl still have the Urban Legend though, so it's not like it's gone away fully.

seems like they took out u2 akiyama's arrange of shinmyoumaru's theme so what's even the point of playing this game

They probably wouldn't remove it though, kinda a waste of work in caring about removing secondaries music. Beside, you could still listen it in ULiL or on Youtube, even if it isn't in AoCF

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
I just noticed when Kasen switched with Yukari her eagle stayed there. I wonder if you can still attack with it. Probably not.

The girl still have the Urban Legend though, so it's not like it's gone away fully.
Actually, the only Power Stone, that created Urban Legends was the Sagume's one. Also, please, read the new chapters of CoLA:
However, I had heard from the hermit earlier that the Occult Balls were separate from the occult happenings. As proof, even if the Occult Balls had disappeared, the occult happenings were continuing to spread instead of settling down.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
So based from what I saw in the trailer, Yukari's occult allows-
Slaves can't use occult attacks, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see none of the purple flash effect that happens whenever you use an occult attack. I'm pretty sure that might've just been a regular special.

Slaves can't use occult attacks, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see none of the purple flash effect that happens whenever you use an occult attack. I'm pretty sure that might've just been a regular special.

Oh I see. It makes sense now. My bad

Any idea what price area we are moving in for Steam?

Any idea what price area we are moving in for Steam?
Price is ?2000, so $18 seems about right.
Je pense, donc je suis.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
HSiFS was priced $15, which falls more in line with how much it costs in doujin stores. That being the case, I estimate this will be around $25.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
Doremy's urban legend: Santa Claus

PK

• Border of Whatever
Web trial's out.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Web trial's out.
Is there any difference from the last trial?
Mwahahahahha!

Nusp

Seems like you can no longer shoot continuous projectiles? I know you could do that in previous versions by holding down B.

EDIT: Apparently it's now done by tapping the B button repeatedly.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:00:53 PM by Nusp »

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Strange...  I'm playing the web trial, and for some reason the game seems to be running at double speed.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it.  Seems this toggle option is the culprit:

Though why does such an option exist in the first place...?  What does it translate to?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 08:06:10 PM by AJS »

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan

Though why does such an option exist in the first place...?  What does it translate to?

That's V-sync in Japanese.

Drake

Strange...  I'm playing the web trial, and for some reason the game seems to be running at double speed.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

are you using a 120Hz monitor

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
are you using a 120Hz monitor
I just checked and yes I am.  This shouldn't present a problem, should it?

I just checked and yes I am.  This shouldn't present a problem, should it?
If you enable vsync it shouldn't be a problem since 120 is twice 60. It'll just mean your monitor spends two refresh cycles displaying the same frame.

Drake

I'm saying that the problem was that it was running the game at 120fps in order to match the refresh rate, but the game's timing is locked to the framerate so it plays twice as fast.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
UNABARA JUST ANNOUNCED AN OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATION IS PLANNED TO BE ADDED

No other details at the moment but you bet your sweet bippy I will be grilling him at Comiket.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Oh snap

Was this a tweet or what?

EDIT: nvm found it looks like it's this

hell yeah
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:23:34 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Well that's a surprise.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD