Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 66974 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sakuya Quest 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #840 on: June 09, 2016, 12:23:22 PM »
> Look around. Are we still in the graveyard?
> Allow ourselves to be taken wherever we're going.
> "You still haven't told me how long this is going to take. And what happened to Komachi Onozuka, anyway? I thought she was Gensokyo's shinigami."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #841 on: June 09, 2016, 12:28:09 PM »
> Look around. Are we still in the graveyard?
> Allow ourselves to be taken wherever we're going.
> "You still haven't told me how long this is going to take. And what happened to Komachi Onozuka, anyway? I thought she was Gensokyo's shinigami."

>You still are.
>The shikigami still doesn't answer you, and instead approaches the animal. It is surprisingly large, taller than you at the shoulder, its shaggy hide a deep, dusky gray. It looks up from the grass and regards with its large soulful eyes. The shinigami hops onto its back with surprising grace, never letting go of your hand, and kneels down above its shoulders. Looking down at you, she gives a slight tug on your hand, and an encouraging smile.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #842 on: June 09, 2016, 12:32:34 PM »
> How much of our unspoken past is full of what Higan would consider 'sin'?
> Hop up onto the yak's back ourselves, sitting behind the shinigami.
> "This would be a lot easier if you spoke. Then we both wouldn't have to deal with all my complaining as much."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #843 on: June 09, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »
> How much of our unspoken past is full of what Higan would consider 'sin'?
> Hop up onto the yak's back ourselves, sitting behind the shinigami.
> "This would be a lot easier if you spoke. Then we both wouldn't have to deal with all my complaining as much."

>You would prefer to think none of it; that person is dead. But, otherwise it would come down to how lenient they feel. You feel you would need a lot of lenience.
>You hop onto the yak, the shikigami helpfully pulling you up. The beast's back is surprisingly broad, more than enough room to sit or kneel. It is also surprisingly cold; you notice there seem to be a number of ghosts. The yak gives a grunt, and starts to plod forward; the world around you grows somewhat misty.
>The shinigami says nothing but looks back at you, bells on her robe jingling merrily, and offers you a confident smile; you find it a bit difficult to worry in the face of that. Then she turns back and holds the animal's shoulders and guides him forward. You note the ground is shrouded with mist now as it plots forward.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #844 on: June 09, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
> Look around.
> "The Sanzu River is different than I remember."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #845 on: June 09, 2016, 12:56:07 PM »
> Look around.
> "The Sanzu River is different than I remember."

>You look around, and you think you can see shapes passing by in the mist very quickly, as though you were falling sideways. At one point, you see a number of flowers, and then someone among them, for a brief split second; a tall woman with short hair. Your eyes meet in that moment, and you know that she saw you. You know those eyes; red and piercing. Yuuka.
>It is only for a fraction of a moment. More shapes pass by in the mist as the yak placidly plods onward. Then the shapes are gone, and there is nothing in the mist. Below is water, and it doesn't seem to bother the yak as she treads on it, splashing as though walking through a puddle.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #846 on: June 09, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »
> "Uhh...Why did I just see Yuuka Kazami?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #847 on: June 09, 2016, 01:04:42 PM »
> "Uhh...Why did I just see Yuuka Kazami?"

>The shikigami looks back, and gives a frown, then looks over into the mist. Then she looks back to you and gives a shrug and a slow shake of her head, then returns her attention to guiding the yak.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #848 on: June 09, 2016, 01:07:50 PM »
> Well, whatever. Let's just ride this out.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #849 on: June 09, 2016, 01:24:29 PM »
> Well, whatever. Let's just ride this out.

>Ahead, you can see walls through the mist, slowly approaching as the yak ambles forward. A wide gateway stands open. You can see the shadows of people moving around the mist as you pass through them, youkai and faeries as well. Everyone seems to wear robes, judging by the outlines you can see and various forms of official-looking headgear. Soo you can seen a massive stone building, bearing several pagoda-style stories with eves that stretch out well past its walls.
>The yak makes it way to the main doors, immense wooden things suited to guard a castle, and stops. The shikigami smoothly slides off the yak's back, and gestures for you to follow her down. You note the ghosts are spreading out as well.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #850 on: June 09, 2016, 01:27:26 PM »
> Jump off.
> "I am likely a fool for asking, but as you are not Komachi, does that mean the Yama is no longer Lady Eiki?"
> Follow wherever the shinigami is about to go.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #851 on: June 09, 2016, 01:31:27 PM »
> Jump off.
> "I am likely a fool for asking, but as you are not Komachi, does that mean the Yama is no longer Lady Eiki?"
> Follow wherever the shinigami is about to go.

>As you feet settle on the immaculately placed stones of the building's courtyard, the doors slide open. She gestures toward it.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #852 on: June 09, 2016, 01:32:17 PM »
> Sigh.
> "Right. Thanks for the expediency, though, at least."
> Enter the building.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:35:23 PM by Kilgamayan »

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #853 on: June 09, 2016, 01:39:14 PM »
>No use trying to talk now, might as well wait for someone else to start it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #854 on: June 09, 2016, 01:53:59 PM »
> Sigh.
> "Right. Thanks for the expediency, though, at least."
> Enter the building.

>The shinigami bows in return.
>You step through the doors, and find yourself in an expansive chamber, filled with row upon row of seats. Ghosts filter in behind you,and move to hover around those seats. Ahead is a count bench, elevated ten feet into the air and inlaid with a chrysanthemum made of precious gems. Behind it is an immense mural featuring two phoenixes that flank the seat amidst colorful clouds. Two golden lamps set at each side of the bench, shedding a warm glow over the courtroom. Sitting the seat is a familiar red-haired woman with twin ponytails, dressed in the  uniform of the Yama.
>"Next to approach the bench," she calls, reading from a paper in front of her, "...Sakuya Izayoi? Is that right?" She looks up, frowning.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #855 on: June 09, 2016, 01:58:21 PM »
> Grin and light up our eyes.
> "Well! The future never ceases to amaze. Yes, Komachi, that's me. Or do I have to use 'Lady Komachi' now?"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:03:59 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #856 on: June 09, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »
> Grin and light up our eyes.
> "Well! The future never ceases to amaze. Yes, Komachi, that's me. Or do I have to use 'Lady Komachi' now?"

>"I'm not too picky," she says with a chuckle. "Approach the bench, please. You know, there's been some people asking me about you for centuries now. Well, not so many these days, since I've seen a couple of them through."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #857 on: June 09, 2016, 02:09:49 PM »
> Walk up to the bench we saw earlier.
> "'Some', you say? I would assume at least Hong Meiling and Patchouli Knowledge, as surprising as the latter expressing that level of concern for me would be. Perhaps also Marisa Kirisame."
> Frown.
> "Though I do hope Mistress Remilia Scarlet was not one."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:11:20 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #858 on: June 09, 2016, 02:15:20 PM »
> Walk up to the bench we saw earlier.
> "'Some', you say? I would assume at least Hong Meiling and Patchouli Knowledge, as surprising as the latter expressing that level of concern for me would be. Perhaps also Marisa Kirisame."
> Frown.
> "Though I do hope Mistress Remilia Scarlet was not one."

>You approach the bench. It looms over you, and the light feels particularly warm. Not uncomfortably so.
>"You got it," she says. "And Remilia is another one I've been keeping an eye out for. Nothing yet, of course."
>She leans forward and frowns. "But let's get down to business. I'm going to be frank, you were born nearly a millennium ago and it's well past time you should have been here."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #859 on: June 09, 2016, 02:18:58 PM »
> ! Mistress is still alive!! How relieving. But we gotta get through this if we want any hope of finding her again.

> How old was that other person when she died? Or is claiming to be two or three decades old a combination of that person's lifespan and our lifespan?
> Grimace.
> "Goodness, I was thrown that far forward? I promise you, I was quite literally nowhere for most of those years."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #860 on: June 09, 2016, 02:23:09 PM »
> ! Mistress is still alive!! How relieving. But we gotta get through this if we want any hope of finding her again.

> How old was that other person when she died? Or is claiming to be two or three decades old a combination of that person's lifespan and our lifespan?
> Grimace.
> "Goodness, I was thrown that far forward? I promise you, I was quite literally nowhere for most of those years."

>You take heart that Mistress likely hasn't met her end yet.
>She was in her late teens.
>"Go on," Komachi says.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #861 on: June 09, 2016, 02:28:07 PM »
> "Back when the Scarlet Devil Mansion still stood, which I was told was at least five centuries ago, there was a massive explosion in our library. Whilst participating in the the emergency cleanup efforts and trying to save Keine Kamishirasawa from a collapsing bookcase, I felt a tremendous pressure while stopping time, and eventually blacked out. I woke up several hours ago in a forest near the Avalonian colony of True Glorian. I have no idea how I traversed time so, but according to Ran Yakumo and the Rainbow Serpent, some sort of outside force was responsible."
> Purse our lips.
> "Oh, and not to distract from the task at hand, but I do wonder if Miss Kamishirasawa also asked about me, as it is my understanding she passed away prematurely as a result of her injuries."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #862 on: June 09, 2016, 02:30:59 PM »
> "Back when the Scarlet Devil Mansion still stood, which I was told was at least five centuries ago, there was a massive explosion in our library. Whilst participating in the the emergency cleanup efforts and trying to save Keine Kamishirasawa from a collapsing bookcase, I felt a tremendous pressure while stopping time, and eventually blacked out. I woke up several hours ago in a forest near the Avalonian colony of True Glorian. I have no idea how I traversed time so, but according to Ran Yakumo and the Rainbow Serpent, some sort of outside force was responsible."
> Purse our lips.
> "Oh, and not to distract from the task at hand, but I do wonder if Miss Kamishirasawa also asked about me, as it is my understanding she passed away prematurely as a result of her injuries."

>Komachi raises an eyebrown when you mention the Rainbow Serpent, but says nothing. "She didn't ask about you, but I also never saw her at the banks of the Sanzu River. Anyways, that's a pretty wild story, don't you think?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #863 on: June 09, 2016, 02:34:56 PM »
> "I think it's wilder to have lived through it, frankly. But Ran has actually offered assistance in returning me to my proper time, which I think would solve your problem rather neatly, if I may be honest. I have already gathered one of the necessary materials, in fact, thanks to the Rainbow Serpent."

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #864 on: June 09, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »
>"She's a pretty interesting and enjoyable person if i may say."

//BTW, since you're already near the 1443 years, do i say happy birthmonth or do i wait for the birthday like normal  ? (If i haven't missed it.)

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #865 on: June 09, 2016, 03:25:11 PM »
The birthday for this account is fake. It's set to 6/13/573 because Komani number references get funnier the more they're made. My actual birthday is entered into my main account.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #866 on: June 09, 2016, 03:47:46 PM »
I know i was just joking, goddesses still deserve to have birthdays y'know !

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #867 on: June 09, 2016, 11:39:46 PM »
> "I think it's wilder to have lived through it, frankly. But Ran has actually offered assistance in returning me to my proper time, which I think would solve your problem rather neatly, if I may be honest. I have already gathered one of the necessary materials, in fact, thanks to the Rainbow Serpent."

>Komachi nods. "We certainly cannot overlook their contributions. Hm."

>"She's a pretty interesting and enjoyable person if i may say."

>"Which?" says Komachi.

>_

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #868 on: June 09, 2016, 11:43:45 PM »
>"The Rainbow Serpent, i understand she is unorthodox to our standards, but nevertheless, fine company in my opinion."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #869 on: June 09, 2016, 11:57:20 PM »
>"The Rainbow Serpent, i understand she is unorthodox to our standards, but nevertheless, fine company in my opinion."

>"That's one way to say it," Komachi says. "She's something, alright."

>_