Author Topic: 东方夏夜祭 ~ Shining Shooting Star. (release)(ultra patch added)  (Read 74559 times)

Re: 东方夏夜祭 ~ Shining Shooting Star. (release)(ultra patch added)
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »
Downloaded it, but it's not starting up. My computer's on Windows 10, so I have to use LocaleSwitch to get to Chinese like when I played it before. It gives me a window that says "ERROR - cannot open nls file" twice and then does not load up. Using the "polished patch" from another thread does get it to start up, but I get a "LoadModel Error." Doing that, the game is playable up until I reach (midboss) Ami, where it will crash. I'm still digging around to find out why it won't work properly.

Based on what I was able to experience, it is certainly harder. Thanks to the bullet clears from the bigger fairies, I don't think it'll get that crazy, though. I want to see how the bosses were changed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:28:12 PM by FleetingGaze »

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2017, 08:29:52 AM »
Downloaded it, but it's not starting up. My computer's on Windows 10, so I have to use LocaleSwitch to get to Chinese like when I played it before. It gives me a window that says "ERROR - cannot open nls file" twice and then does not load up.

Oh, yeah, that issue. That's triggered by Win10 applying the Anniversary Update and (as a consequence? I have no idea about what the update is supposed to do specifically other than "improvements") deleted a bunch of relevant locale files from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\.

I sort of have a fix thread over in Tech Support, so let me know if that one gets SSS running.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2017, 12:36:04 PM »
Ultra patch huh, lets take a look.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2017, 05:27:41 AM »
I sort of have a fix thread over in Tech Support, so let me know if that one gets SSS running.

Turns out that fix got my regular SSS working. (Thanks btw - ever since that update, I haven't been able to play it) However, it's still the same thing with the Ultra patch - I can now run it with LocaleSwitch, but it still gives the "LoadModel Error."

I've reinstalled the game, the files and completely deleted the CS and Image files like the instructions say, but to no avail. I really hope it's something stupid on my part like I downloaded the wrong version of the game or something...otherwise I'm stuck playing half of the levels. (Stage 4 crashes after the first few fairies.)

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2017, 09:00:07 AM »
However, it's still the same thing with the Ultra patch - I can now run it with LocaleSwitch, but it still gives the "LoadModel Error."

I've reinstalled the game, the files and completely deleted the CS and Image files like the instructions say, but to no avail. I really hope it's something stupid on my part like I downloaded the wrong version of the game or something...otherwise I'm stuck playing half of the levels. (Stage 4 crashes after the first few fairies.)
Hmm... I ran into that problem too when I tried using the patch today.  I got an error in Chinese during launch, although the game doesn't crash immediately after that. I didn't touch the maingame, but on my test run of Extra the game crashed as soon as the first midboss spell loaded. I'm not sure why. (The music was still playing too, which is strange,)

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2017, 10:09:14 PM »
pls add into basic information that red and blue borders are 10 seconds long and green is 7 seconds long
stop shitposting and go play some shmup

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »
also, since someone even made ultra. Did anyone patched countersop?

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »
Now that someone bumped the thread, i want to mention:

The development team is doing a new game, with original IP. (Credits to Naudiz for making me notice)

Also, i just found a video of a Sanae playthrough with maxed out score by LYX. And one with Koishi too.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »
Now that someone bumped the thread, i want to mention:

The development team is doing a new game, with original IP. (Credits to Naudiz for making me notice)
I too have just noticed this game very recently via YouTube and have been thinking a bit. Do you think we can open a new thread for it?
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2017, 10:22:06 PM »
also. I think that PIV isn't the only thing that affects value of item. Each succesfully finished border seems to add 0.1 to multiplier. In other words after 1st succesfull border you will have value of each item PIV*1.1, after 2nd succesfull border - PIV*1.2, after 15th - PIV*2.5
I think i'm right, but i'm bad at math and number are not integral. Can someone look at his replay too and check that?
thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:54:24 PM by grayst »

« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2017, 11:59:42 PM »
Karisa already pointed that out here.

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2017, 11:11:42 AM »
that's a good message. Thx for pointing on it. gj karisa

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2017, 07:18:54 AM »
I'm triggered by the fact that this topic, Touhouwiki and YouTube vids use the simplified 东 on the title, despite the box art using the traditional 東.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2017, 03:04:03 PM »
In Minogame's recent stream, he was playing this with an English patch that isn't the same one I have (it has spellcard names translated, mine doesn't). Anyone know where to get this?

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »
Took a few days of grinding and some unethical strategies but: SSS ExNNN (Reimu & Shinmyoumaru)

Grrr.
---
YouTube

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2017, 04:02:07 PM »
Sorry for the doublepost, but I've recently been revamping the SSS translations available on the wiki. So far I've completed all main scenarios, extra scenarios, endings, prologue and extra prologue. (This means I haven't started on the character profiles.)

Please read through and let me know if there are any errors or inaccuracies, link for convenience.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Enko

• Spirit flying to anywhere
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »
I FOUND THAT SOMEONE HAS TRANSLATED THE MANUAL OF THE GAME ON THE WIKI...SO...QWQ

I don't know if the player can understand the meaning of the piece of the star and the border system.

Red Piece - When you get it,you can get 1 Life Piece
Green Piece - You can get 1 Bomb Piece
Blue Piece - Point MaxScore Border +5000

Besides,when you collect items and star piece,the border value(?) in the left-bottom will increase.When it is got full,a border release.
Different color of the border has different effect.The color depends on the last color shown in the left-bottom,which is also same as the last star piece you got.
Red - Power will be level up during the bordering time and change to normal level after that.(Red buff???)
Blue - Get the item in the screen automatically,and if it's point(点) item you can always get the max score.
Green - For protection.When you be miss you won't lose 1 life,instead,the border cracked.You can use X key to destroy the border Manually.(THAT WON'T LOSE ANY BOMB!!!)

Remember that if one border destoryed naturally (That means you can't miss or destroy the border manually),the border value(?) in the right will Increase 1.And if you full it,secret spell card will be shown in the stage!

Don't focus on my poor(?) English _(:з」∠)_
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:16:01 AM by Yanstime »
Need help with C# DX developing.

Enko

• Spirit flying to anywhere
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2017, 05:24:27 AM »
Sorry for the doublepost, but I've recently been revamping the SSS translations available on the wiki. So far I've completed all main scenarios, extra scenarios, endings, prologue and extra prologue. (This means I haven't started on the character profiles.)

Please read through and let me know if there are any errors or inaccuracies, link for convenience.

I just try the green border.
Destory the green border by press X key won't lose any bomb,but it will fail the spell card bonus.
(So that'a temporary bomb :3)
Need help with C# DX developing.

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2017, 02:46:03 PM »
I'm triggered by the fact that this topic, Touhouwiki and YouTube vids use the simplified 东 on the title, despite the box art using the traditional 東.
Box just does it to look "official", documentation uses 东. Same with Phantasm Dream.