Author Topic: [Art] The Foolishly Futile Fantastic Gallery - Back in Business  (Read 172766 times)

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
To be honest, (and probably really predictable) favorite bladed weapon is anything Axe related, and favorite weapon overall is big old hammers, YOU CAN TAKE THE MECHA FANBOY AWAY FROM HIS MECHA, BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MECHA OUT OF THE MECHA FANBOY :V

* Anthony then goes off to sit in the corner before he gets beaten

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
explain to me the concept of a 14 bladed Gundam Exia to appear in part of the franchise.

beam blades are the most abused form of weaponry ever.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
explain to me the concept of a 14 bladed Gundam Exia to appear in part of the franchise.

beam blades are the most abused form of weaponry ever.

Well, they were made with the first Gundam, and they've been around for...well a god damn long time with god knowns how many gundam series, and it's like standard equipment for them, so it's kinda expected that they're over used.

Obviously they need more Zaku Axes :V

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
Ehhh... I'm more of a scythe kind 'o guy, myself. Though, lances are also good. :V
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Scythes are pretty much the worst possible thing you could have for a melee weapon. Have you ever used on? You have, pretty much, one real attack. And this attack is slow as hell, telegraphed like a mofo, and leaves you wide open as fuck if you miss. On top of that, scythes aren't even balanced well, so you use more strength than you need to if you're trying to have any kind of aim at all.

Use a glaive instead.

Jana

• mrgrgr
Glaives and other similarly bladed polearms are awesome. I favor the naginata because it's relatively lightweight as well. The scythe, however, is really impractical... I've only seen 1 character ever use one in an effective and halfway believable way, and that would Zassalamel from Soul Calibur. To do that much, you'd either need a really lightweight (and likely not too durable) scythe or a large amount of strength...

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_scythe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kama_%28weapon%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falx (looks cool actually)

I got about nothin' on this. But yes, traditional Death-style scythes are pretty much useless for combat. Yes, Komachi, it means your combat style is completely unrealistic. Just like your breasts.

zing
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Not sure how this topic derailed into wepons.

Wait for it... Wait for it...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_scythe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kama_%28weapon%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falx (looks cool actually)

I got about nothin' on this. But yes, traditional Death-style scythes are pretty much useless for combat. Yes, Komachi, it means your combat style is completely unrealistic. Just like your breasts.

zing

The "war scythe" made me giggle. Plowshares to swords indeed.

Sickles are actually usable in combat. They're still fairly limited in how you can employ them, but the fact they don't have all the mass, telegraphing, and recovery time from attacking makes them so much less a liability. I would think they may do passably well getting through armor, but I don't have the physics knowledge to say anything there. =[

♛ Apher-Forte

Not sure how this topic derailed into wepons.

Wait for it... Wait for it...

YES...YES!

I stand corrected.
don't we call war scythes as halberds?
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I think it refers, specifically, to scythe blades that got refitted into proper polearms so as not to be a huge liability.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
I'm sure there's some tricky way to make a Scyth not a shitty wepon that involves useing the whole entire stick part, and not just the blade.
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Not really. At that point you're either using it like a warhammer or a quarterstaff. Warhammers that aren't shit are designed for some level of balance and weight distribution. They're heavy, but they aren't nearly as unwieldy as a scythe. And if you're trying to use a scythe like a quarterstaff at all; that is, attacking with both ends of it; then you're more likely to hurt yourself. Not to mention what the blade will do to your swings.

You want a glaive of some kind, if you're looking for a durable blade on the end of a pole. They're so much more versatile and swing-friendly.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
I'm sure there's some tricky way to make a Scyth not a shitty wepon that involves useing the whole entire stick part, and not just the blade.

Boomerang scythe, obviously.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Hug Me Headless~!/
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
You people clearly never played GURPS.

Poisoned pickaxes for the win.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I've only played modern era and Sci-Fi GURPS ._.

♛ Apher-Forte

Ok, enough fucking weaponry, bring this to another thread.

here is an unfinished Trance by Gappy's design for the night

You know what? I am gonna redesign this too, those rectangles are a headache to draw.
I like Slave's simple shimenawa more than this lol.

(but I love you imouto-chan~)

(it is official, I suck at clothes design)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
\O_o

o_O/

\O_O/

O-Oneesama! S-so...b-beautiful!

Truth be told, I was just stuck with the conundrum of making Trance's costume more thematic and unique....and then I saw my cousins playing with rubber bands and....yeah.....

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
(it is official, I suck at clothes design)
Pheh, you a better job than me, so it's good for something at least.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

♛ Apher-Forte

\O_o

o_O/

\O_O/

O-Oneesama! S-so...b-beautiful!

Truth be told, I was just stuck with the conundrum of making Trance's costume more thematic and unique....and then I saw my cousins playing with rubber bands and....yeah.....

Oh my, rubber bands?

that si so bloody cute!

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
You two should work together, perfect design + perfect art = :O

Jana

• mrgrgr
(The weapons nerd in me wants to throw in that those war scythes are more like an emergency supply weapon, for when real glaives/halberds/other bladed polearms couldn't be made. They're not too durable, and the small-fry wielding them likely wouldn't last too long. Sickles/Kamas, as Purvis said, are alright as weapons since they don't have that weight problem, and it would be possible to strike through the weak points in armor with one, as with a short sword... But it'd take a lot of skill to pull off.)

Anyway, I rather like the new picture of Trance. I dunno why you think you need to re-do it, but if you think it can be improved upon, then I'll just trust your judgment, A-F~

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
You can stop shitting all over my parade now with stuff I already know about, thanks. :T

Seriously, throw a fucking comment in and... argh
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
hmm, that reminds me, i still haven't done MTG's design, have i?

and i agree, the main reason why i haven't drawn MTG yet is because of the goddamn rectangles.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
Gappy!!!!!!
When will you give us more art?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
When Gap is Here, Ofcourse. Jeez... :V

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Archiving these. READ: Shameless rescue-bump using pics already posted elsewhere~

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Note to Self: Draw Rawro Swords.

Perhaps include Stick Rawro for comparison. Also, Stop bolstering Moerin's ego. >: