Author Topic: [Art] The Foolishly Futile Fantastic Gallery - Back in Business  (Read 172755 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
There was something here once. Wonder what...

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
I don't see anything wrong, at least you aren't the one with a wing growing outta her head on one side.

and is Reimu's wallet.
Whaaa?
Also, I'm not on Ijiyatsu so
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
Its Duck Season, Theres a reason Bugs always wins, you know.

but you're not bugs, and he's probably in Honolulu or Albuquerque right now, hiding out for rabbit season, so yea it is rabbit season :3

Chaore

but you're not bugs, and he's probably in Honolulu or Albuquerque right now, hiding out for rabbit season, so yea it is rabbit season :3
Actually, Its Evil Spirits Who Taste Like Shrimp season.

Who wants some batter?

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
Actually, Its Evil Spirits Who Taste Like Shrimp season.

Who wants some batter?

Giant Rabbit season, besides you can't taste me, for I'm already dead :>

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Despicable.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
Despicable.

When the heck was it purvis season and who shot you in the face to turn your bill 180 degrees?

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
When the heck was it purvis season and who shot you in the face to turn your bill 180 degrees?

It doesn't matter Yuyuko eats everyone

including those already dead

by the way, Gappy, are you gonna color that one drawing you did of me?

Cause well, I decided to draw you for some reason (and sorry Gpop, you already have too many Koishis in the fanwork thread)
So yeah, I hope you don't mind that last request from yourself being a bit late.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:55:02 AM by Miku Hatsune - F »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
It doesn't matter Yuyuko eats everyone

including those already dead

So wait, Yuyuko is Touhou Elmer Fudd?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
This is now CANON.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry

So wait, Yuyuko is Touhou Elmer Fudd?

Wile E. Coyote.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
Wile E. Coyote.

yea that makes more sense, since to be honest she never truly gets Mystia, now to explain why the heck Mystia has been able to avoid Yuyuko all this time.

Gpop

Cause well, I decided to draw you for some reason (and sorry Gpop, you already have too many Koishis in the fanwork thread)

I don't mind. I'm quite content anyways. And I said that I don't care which you drew so =/ (although I'm quite lacking in fan-art anyways).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:28:44 PM by Koikumei »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....

(picture not yet 100% complete. No scanner either T_T)

Quote from: The Diary of Stein, Personal Hand Maid of Lady Moerin
Dear Diary,

Lady Moerin has been rather obsessed with Lady Gap and Lady Erebus ever since she heard rumours that they were, rather surprisingly, twins. Or at least, that is what I understood. The details appear to be rather complicated and would probably warrant a book of its own, one on spontaneous divine births and perhaps multicellular binary fission...or something like that. But the surprise lies in the fact that these two are twins despite being, paradoxically, the complete opposites of one another. I have personally experienced both their powers and I understand that Lady Gap is the embodiment of dreams, ambition, courage and hope while Lady Erebus is her perfect antithesis, the embodiment of nightmare (fuel?), fear and despair. I heard one theory that they in fact manipulate the exact same thing - the limit between the unreal and the real, and their polarity is attributable to how they chose to use said power. Still, how these two could be twins is beyond my understanding.

But I digress. The main reason behind Lady Moerin's recent obsession is, I have come to understand, that 'twins are MOE'. I find it bizarre that there may be cuteness to be found in likeness, particularly identical likeness. However, these two are anything but alike, and their twinhood stops short of the manner of their birth, and no further. How said manner of birth contributes further to their overall appeal to my mistress is, again, beyond my understanding.

It was rather difficult to track down the two. Both were quite cunningly elusive. In fact, I suspect Lady Gap has been evading us eversince the Idiocy Outbreak incident. Lady Gap (Or 'Gappy' as she insists on being called) finally revealed herself when Lady Moerin placed Xan through a trial of heaven and hell involving a quest that took her across the most perilously hostile terrain available in Ijiatsukai (it appears Gappy makes a point of being present for great and heroic acts of perseverance, no matter how stupidly foolish). As for Lady Erebus, she finally revealed herself after Lady Moerin terrorized Lady Matsuri's pet weasel and Lady Nobu's pet snake to the point of nervous breakdowns (it appears Lady Erebus, much like her sister, is always present whenever there is great terror abound).

However, we did not count on one thing ? They both hated the other's guts with passion. The very idea of sitting together for a photoshoot was, apparently, like asking them to 'eat spaghetti through their nostrils with salted bitter lemons'. I personally wanted to ask the two young ladies if they wanted to try it for comparison, but I stayed my tongue for the sake of fulfilling Lady Moerin's wish.

We finally managed to bribe the twins into coming to the mansion for a photo shoot. Lady Moerin offered Gappy a deal to sponsor every single festival in the village for the next 7 years and Erebus the opening of the dark occult section of our library to the public. Tensions ran high as the two entered the room for their first reunion in what apparently has been centuries. It took a LOT of persuasive talking involving more bribes to get them both to postpone killing each other, hold hands and smile for the photoshoot. But hold hands and smiled they did, and we managed to take a picture.

One picture.

Unfortunately we only managed to take this one picture as certain technical difficulties occurred following its taking, namely, the two proceeded to try and kill each other, with liberal use of absurdly overkill lethal force...and us too while they were at it. Half the mansion was obliterated before we could finally contain the fight and separate them beyond firing range....which meant taking them to either sides of Ijiatsukai.

Regardless, the photograph was obtained and the mission was a success. Lady Moerin is ecstatic, which is all that matters. The loss of half the mansion and the sanity of Lady Nobu and Lady Matsuri's pets are worth seeing the happy smile on my mistress' face. Now all that is left is to wait for Xan to return from Letty's blazing tundra and have her get started on rebuilding the mansion. Come back soon, Xan-chan~

Loyally Yours,
Stein

Also, I had a lot of idle time while following my family around today and I had the great fortune of having my sketchpad with me.

So, Solais, I herd u liek AZN.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.

WOAH!

Thank you Gappy, I'm... so... Moe...!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:57:36 PM by Solais »

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
Solais looks very Ozma of Oz there ^_^

This is a high compliment, BTW. The Oz books were childhood favorites. I still have all of them sitting on a shelf on my room for easy access.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Chaore

Adorable.

Absolutely adorable. Both really.

♛ Apher-Forte

WOAH!

Thank you Gappy, I'm... so... Moe...!

You remind me of Senhime of the Sengoku Rance fame I think, or one of those many Sengoku-ish war princesses.
Your costume vaguely resembles that of Oichi from the Sengoku Warriors series, which is pretty cool, add a fan and you would look like Takeda Shingen-chan.

which is book for awesome.

FUU RIN KASHAN!!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
by the way, Gappy, are you gonna color that one drawing you did of me?

So yeah, I hope you don't mind that last request from yourself being a bit late.

Oh, I missed this, sorry ^^;;

I'll redraw you, I guess. I didn't quite like that pic I did of your iji-self. It was too static and unnatural. I might even try a slightly novel design, if you don't mind ^^

Also, no worries XD Take your time. What you've done so far with prioritizing people with no art is a good thing ^^ 

Also, feel free to get creative with Gappy's design. No need to conform to my design at all XP Thanks in advance~ If you scan in an unshaded version I could colour it too ;D

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
So more idle time with nothing but my sketchpad, plus Moerin's puppy-dog impression, and this was produced.

Don't ask me why she turned out a loli. Blame the size of the A4 sheet.

There are a few people on my waiting list but the order of execution got juggled around a bit. Sorry for those still waiting ^^;;

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Ahahah, she's so cute~  Like I said on IRC, I love it.  Thanks, MTG~

Also I love the idea of Iji-me being a violin player for some reason.  No idea why, but it just seems to fit pretty well in my mind.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
Mmmh, Mistress looks splendid there. Nice detail there, Gappy.

(Moerin plays a violin, not an Erhu? Huh.)
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
Yaaaaaaaaaay~<3

*hugs MTG~<3* Can I be next~?
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
Mmmh, Mistress looks splendid there. Nice detail there, Gappy.

(Moerin plays a violin, not an Erhu? Huh.)

Don't want it to be too close. :-X

Nice job with all the pictures, Manly Testosterone Girl. ;D

God I love the outfits you design. Each one is so unique, they're truely excellent. Though, perhaps I'm getting the wrong impression from these drawings (and more likely because most are not colored), but to me they all look like a very similar girl in very different clothing. Like, the character is more defined by what they wear instead of how they actually look. I don't really mean this negatively, but I would love to see you put beauty marks or something like that on the characters, so they'd be more distinguishable without their wonderfully unique dresses donned. Uh, I don't mean that in a naughty way or anything, heh. Just trying to give some constructive criticism. :) Please dont take this the wrong way!

By the way, have I mentioned that the clothing is frickin' awesome?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
You are not the only one. The clothing details are just vast but I said this before, I sense alot of neko-style in MTG's drawings. Don't know why exactly, it must be the face shape, eyes + mouth (not nessecary the :3 shape) but just the general feeling. And no need to change this style imo, else it wouldn't be exactly unique to you.

As a 4koma drawer myself recently, I can understand how hard it is to shape certain characters. Especially self made ones.

And you still didn't answer my question MTG =| I'dda skewer you  >:3

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
Thanks for the comments everyone ^^ I appreciate it!

God I love the outfits you design. Each one is so unique, they're truely excellent. Though, perhaps I'm getting the wrong impression from these drawings (and more likely because most are not colored), but to me they all look like a very similar girl in very different clothing. Like, the character is more defined by what they wear instead of how they actually look. I don't really mean this negatively, but I would love to see you put beauty marks or something like that on the characters, so they'd be more distinguishable without their wonderfully unique dresses donned. Uh, I don't mean that in a naughty way or anything, heh. Just trying to give some constructive criticism. :) Please dont take this the wrong way!

By the way, have I mentioned that the clothing is frickin' awesome?

Akh! You found my weakness! ^^;; I can't give characters any individuality beyond hair and clothes XD Wish I could do something about that...

And you still didn't answer my question MTG =| I'dda skewer you  >:3

....Well, considering that A) Remilia's style is very western and B) she is a loli, and that this particular version of Chaore is A) Very western and B) very much a loli, I think I can see where the resemblance comes from.

And this one's for AF, as thanks for drawing my iji-self ^^. Nothing compared to yours of course. I think it has vastly improved from the previous version though. It's a little less static and a bit more fluid in motion I think.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Thanks for the comments everyone ^^ I appreciate it!

You got a really wide face, man.

♛ Apher-Forte

OMG I look like a certain sailormoon!

THANKS!!
This is so incredibly cute!

/whaddya mean it is nothing compared with mine, it is awesome!

(have you seen your shaded version?)