Author Topic: How to upload Touhou videos in HD quality Tutorial  (Read 309234 times)

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
Re: How to upload Touhou videos in HD quality Tutorial
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »
So, whenever I select the video input in the AVS script creator, megui just crashes.

Windows 7, 64 bit. Google isn't being very helpful.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2011, 11:42:29 AM »
So I haven't made a video in a while but when I try to input the video in the AVS script creator I suddenly get a message saying:

Code: [Select]
AviSynth script error:
DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me

Not sure what's going on, this has never happened before. Did everything the same as always.  :S

EDIT:
aaand it's working now again after deleting everything divx from the computer. Pretty sure I had these when it was still working but whatever. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:56:07 PM by Jaimers »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #212 on: May 29, 2011, 07:35:41 AM »
But it had a twist! It had a strange clicking sound continually reoccurring in the audio. Like a tick-tock (a little faster than the average clock) that sounds like you could make it with your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Exactly like that. So I deleted it thinking it was a youtube glitch.
Remember this? It happened again, but worse. I found a video from a while back that I forgot to upload somehow, and it did the same thing. A bit louder this time and some of the ticking was fuzz, along with a gray screen at the beginning and sound desync. (it plays fine on my media player) Odd, because this video was encoded the same way as other videos I had with no updates in between, using Bicubic btw. I'm just gonna re-record it and we should be fine.
Spoiler:
hopefully...

But here's this just to leave by to amuse you guys at what Youtube can do. Don't feel like deleting this one because it's just funny. I haven't a clue what could be causing this.

EDIT: No wait, it was Lanczos4. My bad. :V

EDIT 2: Yep, we're good now. :D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:17:12 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #213 on: July 01, 2011, 03:08:35 AM »
Interesting topic I think. I handle my videos in a slightly different way and this is the quality I can get. Though I'm still using avisynth and x264, so it's pretty much the same, I guess. Is there any noticeable differences between Lanczosresize and Spline36resize I'm using? After all avisynth does have a few resizing filters and it's not always easy to say which is better.
Going to try soon that BlendFields which was mentioned on the previous page too. 30 fps videos aren't very smooth to watch especially after playing in 60 fps so some kind of semi-60fps would be nice, even though that probably blur quality a bit.

« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2011, 01:57:48 AM »
How do I make Fraps record what I hear? It only records the microphone input, and any other settings cause it to record nothing at all (or some static noise which is weird). This is what I see.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:00:24 AM by Vanhaomena69 »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2011, 02:36:20 AM »
How do I make Fraps record what I hear? It only records the microphone input, and any other settings cause it to record nothing at all (or some static noise which is weird). This is what I see.
My Fraps has a checkbox for "Record Vista sound" with extra options for Stereo or Multichannel.

Does the "Use Windows input" cause no sound/static?  Have you tried unplugging your headset and recording without it?  It looks like you're using a USB headset, is your default Windows output device and whatever the game is using the same device?
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:41 AM »
Have you tried unplugging your headset and recording without it?

Holy shit  :D
 Even though all the settings were identical, headset plugged in -> no sound, headset unplugged -> yes sound. I'm still puzzled but at least now I'm puzzled with a proper audio track :derp: Thanks a lot.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2011, 01:40:13 AM »
Making a tutorial video, using these settings. It includes rage and snarky text on the screen.

May have it up tomorrow.
Right here.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:54:35 PM by MoisChanvsTamama »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Luna Scarlet

• Eternal Scarlet Moon
  • Red Crimson Vermilion Scarlet, Same but Different.
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2011, 04:40:25 PM »
i already got the most the part...
all thats left is when i run the application...
it says "Failed runtime error"
any idea how to solve this...

The Scarlet Moon shines beautifully at the darkness of the sky.
Worry not what you have lost, Cherish what you have gained.

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2011, 02:23:15 AM »
I thought I might be able to add something useful... I use VLC Media Player to encode my videos. It can resize the videos to 960x720 but it can't add the bars on the sides (as far as I know); YouTube says these bars aren't necessary and in fact should not be added (particularly to improve the experience of those using mobile devices), but I haven't yet been able to test how this applies in practice.

The main benefit that I know of for using VLC Media Player is that it is multithreaded (don't know about MeGUI+Avisynth). On my quad-core notebook, some of my videos actually encode faster than real time.

I also recommend Process Explorer for system performance monitoring. Task Manager looks like an unfinished product (read: shit) in comparison. Process Explorer provides much more information about almost every aspect of your computer's performance, including your CPU, GPU, Memory, I/O, Network and Drive usage.

More importantly, Process Exporer can easily set the process priority and processor affinity of your running processes; if you have a multicore system, you can can assign your recording program to one core and the Touhou program to another core, and then set the programs to Realtime priority (neither of which are possible in Task Manager). This will help reduce processing-based lag spikes. (Note that Fraps actually performs bad slight compression on recorded video unless the lossless RGB encoding option is selected).

Also, recording to a separate and unfragmented hard drive will greatly reduce any lag spikes caused by secondary storage system access (don't know if this has already been mentioned). Storage access lag can also be reduced by recording at 30 fps. Because YouTube automatically locks the framerate of any uploaded video to 30 fps, recording and/or transcoding at 60 fps is rather pointless. Transcoding a 30 fps video will allow a higher resulting quality for a given bitrate (which should probably be 10,000 kbps as a bare minimum).

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:52 AM »
Yeah, Youtube does not need the black bars on the side for HD. This was an old necessity, and you can safely have a video at 960x720, and it displays very well. Even better for those of us who do not use a widescreen monitor (like me) because it isn't all squished in the middle. I encode all of my videos without bars.

Interesting thing about the lossless RGB though. When I have it checked, Fraps actually performs worse, most of the time. Though this computer sucks anyway so whatever. I can mess around with it more.

And as for 30 fps recordings, yeah, it's definitely better to do it this way. There's only one problem. Some stages of the Touhou games (namely, entering EoSD Patchouli fight) will re-lock the fps in-game to 30, even if using vsync. (pressing Ctrl does nothing) I don't have Fraps set to lock the fps, so I don't really know why this happens, so I have to use 60 fps in some areas. Just keep a note of that if that ever happens to you.

And as for me, I've reverted from using both VirtualDub and MeGUI, and just handle videos with VirtualDub, encoding them with H.264, resizing, and sharpening them. A scale of 5 for sharpening has so far looked good. Too high makes the video look bad. I'm still experimenting with it, but it looks to handle it better than MeGUI does. Still using Lame for the audio, just like MeGUI, just I pick CBR of 192. (because ABR of 192 does not exist) Also, media players seem to handle this format better than handling an mp4, and these finished videos are still in avi format. Not sure whether it makes a difference, but it definitely is easier to work with for me.
TF2 Backpack

Zil

« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »
Umm... I've been following this guide and it works perfectly, though the videos seem to come out slightly off-color. Does anyone know I could prevent that, or what's causing it in the first place?
Maybe this goes without saying, but it seems to be Megui that does it. They look normal when VirtualDub is done with them.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:22:38 PM by Zil »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2012, 11:09:53 PM »
Umm... I've been following this guide and it works perfectly, though the videos seem to come out slightly off-color. Does anyone know I could prevent that, or what's causing it in the first place?
Maybe this goes without saying, but it seems to be Megui that does it. They look normal when VirtualDub is done with them.
Are you using the Bicubic resizer? That may cause some issues, because it's not the best. What I used was this:

Lanczos4Resize(960, 720)
ConvertToYV12()

Quality and coloring is much better with Lanczos4. The only thing to note is that the red color will always be slightly off, even when I do my encoding with H.264 in VirtualDub.
TF2 Backpack

Zil

« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »
Well, it was Reimu's red looking orange that got my attention at first, I think most other stuff looks better, but I'll give what you said a shot. Someday I'm going to evolve from the stone age and actually learn about computers. >=V

Barrakketh

« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2012, 11:51:52 PM »
Unfortunately, red is one of the colors that get hit the worse with the YV12 (4:2:0) colorspace.  I'll have to do some more testing within the next day or two on this, but I have some ideas on how this could be mitigated somewhat, though with Youtube being the final destination for most videos it will likely still be off-color there.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Zil

« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »
Lanczos4Resize(960, 720)
ConvertToYV12()
Well I finally got around to trying this, and Mugui said that ConvertToYV12() was missing, though of course it wasn't. I tried it again by just sticking the AddBorders(160, 0, 160, 0, 0) thing between those other two things, because I figured it wanted ConvertToYV12() in the "third spot" or something, and that seems to have worked. So should I have put a blank space or something instead, or does it make no difference, or... what?
Anyway, it's seems to be an improvement over the other way of doing it. The red is a bit more red and everything else looks a little clearer too.

Barrakketh

« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »
Well I finally got around to trying this, and Mugui said that ConvertToYV12() was missing, though of course it wasn't. I tried it again by just sticking the AddBorders(160, 0, 160, 0, 0) thing between those other two things, because I figured it wanted ConvertToYV12() in the "third spot" or something, and that seems to have worked. So should I have put a blank space or something instead, or does it make no difference, or... what?
Anyway, it's seems to be an improvement over the other way of doing it. The red is a bit more red and everything else looks a little clearer too.
It depends.  Newer versions of x264 don't require YV12 input (MeGUI might not support them, though...), but with the default settings it'll end up that way in the final encode.

If you have a very recent version of CCCP and a reasonably fast computer, take a look at this and tell me what you think of the colors.

Zil

« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2012, 05:31:12 PM »
Well I don't know what CCCP is, so I don't think I have a recent version of it. I'm very clueless about this stuff really. :blush:

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
I'm converting all my new videos the same way as described in this tutorial with lancoz resize, but why youtube does still crap the quality after uploading, even if it's H264 720p ??? Also uploaded videos run unsmoothly though i set bitrate to 5000.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »
Your recent videos look great to me. (actually, I think they're better than mine) Youtube does adjust the fps though down to 30, so it's not going to be as smooth as the raw video if it was at 60 originally. I think I might have to play around with my settings again, try to get them to look better.
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #230 on: February 19, 2012, 07:26:18 PM »
Any tips on AVS script for MAME videos? I've just taken a cursory glance at AVS tutorials, so I'm not sure this is anywhere near correct:

Code: [Select]
LanczosResize(540, 720)
AddBorders(370, 0, 370, 0, 0)
ConvertToYV12()

Trying for a 240x320 video recorded with MAME's built in Record AVI Output function. Hoping this'll work.

EDIT: Well that did jack shit. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:07:42 PM by Sen »

Barrakketh

« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »
What didn't work?  You probably want to use Lanczos4Resize, and don't use AviSource for input (I use FFMS2, but DirectShowSource might work).

« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2012, 04:42:13 AM »
What didn't work?  You probably want to use Lanczos4Resize, and don't use AviSource for input (I use FFMS2, but DirectShowSource might work).

Basically, nothing changed. Filesize was exactly the same (1.76GB for a two-minute video), and even after the eternity it took to upload, it wasn't in HD. This video went through the same thing (I left it on overnight to upload), and while it doesn't look bad, it's certainly not HD. I'll try what you said, though.

« Reply #233 on: March 05, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
Err, I have some questions.
After I put the video in Video Input on AVS Script Creator, by which way I should open it?
One Click Encoder, File Indexer, or AVISource?
And I can't find the Edit tab anywhere... Where is the tab anyway?  ???

Zil

« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
DirectShowSource, or AVISource, or whatever the third one is. I'm not sure what you mean by edit tab, but if it's to change the script it's near the top.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2012, 05:09:14 AM »
I recently switched over to using Fraps to record, and have been unable to get the audio to come out right.

Minoriko's theme in particular is mangled horribly.
Example: http://www.filedropper.com/whq (slowdown is me holding shift to make sure it goes through 1 loop)

Has anyone else seen this happen/how do you fix it?

« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2012, 08:23:46 AM »
So I procured a small sized, decent quality mp4, but when I uploaded it to youtube it came out with only half the quality. What possibly went wrong?

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:36 PM »
Fraps lowers the FPS of every game before Mountain of Faith to around 30 no matter what I do. Can someone help?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2012, 05:23:48 AM »
I have problems with MEGui.
When I try to encode the video, the progress would stuck at "Preprocessing... **PLEASE WAIT*."
This never happened to me before. Have anyone encountered this kind of problem before?

« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
I have problems with MEGui.
When I try to encode the video, the progress would stuck at "Preprocessing... **PLEASE WAIT*."
This never happened to me before. Have anyone encountered this kind of problem before?
Did you try waiting a bit? Sometimes I have to wait ~10 minutes before the actual encoding starts.